Stamford Public Schools Employee Reviews

A great opportunity
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 15, 2018
The Stamford Public School system was a great opportunity for me to get teaching experience. The HRIS officer was prompt in replying to any queries. I only left because I had to move from the state.
productive
Special Education Para educator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 12, 2018
The environment was conducive to collegial relationships. The students were special need students. The staff was friendly, productive and always had the best interest of the children.
Head for the Hills
SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 27, 2018
Unless you want to teach in a hostile, mismanaged, vindictive, incompetent poor morale district that could care less about kids, about the same or worse than Betsy DeVos, Stamford is not the place that welcomes teachers. Students pay the price of constant mismanagement and intimidation by management.
if you like working with special kids
Para Educator Special Education (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 17, 2018
a typical day at work consist of going to the school early getting they day ready by checking the locker to see if they have everything they needed for the day bring them to gym art ect in class help them with there work etc
Love the school I worked in, terrible Human Resource Director
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 5, 2018
I had a wonderful experience working with students and staff, however the Director of Human Resource is very rude. I'm glad I resigned because I was put under pressure while doing my job.
Great elementary school
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 11, 2018
Working for the Stamford Public Schools was a great experience. I first had a third grade special ed class and then had a fifth grade class the following year.
Low key workplace with lots of filing.
Secretary & Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 8, 2017
A typical workplace with respectful people. You meet new people frequently which is great to challenge your customer service skills and customer service skills. Most work is done in cubicles and includes answering the telephones, answering emails, creating documents, and filing.
great place to work
Sub security officer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 8, 2017
I really enjoy working with the teachers , students , on a daily basics, I did what I had to do to make it safe for everyone coming in the school. I really wish I was offer a full time position ..
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Depending on the school...
Second Grade Teacher Interim (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 8, 2017
Most staff, admin. and students (including families) are really great to work with. Most of my experiences have been very positive and I really enjoy working for this school system. Unfortunately, I have put in the effort of a contracted teacher to be passed up for a job I'd be an idea candidate for, due to nepotism. But, that is just a problem everywhere, especially in education.
Pros
Co-workers, curriculum
Cons
Stark School is the best!
So far so good!
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 26, 2017
After having interactions with various educators and psychologists across the district it has become clear that they all really work towards the best outcomes for our students. There is typically a very collegial atmosphere. Supervisors and department heads, from my experience, are exceptionally grounded and genuine. Apart from being a quality educator, I think Stamford employs those with a specific personality fit to optimize the work place and outcomes.
great place to work
Assist teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 5, 2017
I'm thankful for the oppurtunity to work for stamford public schools. I worked with some of the best teachers in the district. The workplace was great didn't have any problems with anybody.
Great co-workers, awesome environments
Special Ed teacher/paraeducator (Current Employee) –  Northeast ElementaryJune 15, 2017
Working for the Stamford Board of Education is a good solid job. Great co-workers, awesome environments. Only problem is the advancement and the salary rate.
Fun place to work
Teachers aide (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 8, 2017
I enjoy working in the classroom helping the teachers and working with a variety of students.i like also helping out in the art room because I am a creative person and feel I can bring out the creativity in all children with my art background.
Pros
The compensation and the happiness I get from working with the kids.
Cons
No cons
A great place to learn and help everyone
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 23, 2017
I learned a great deal from working with the education administrate and the staffs at government center. Everyone here is very friendly.
I had little difficultly in explaining things to people who speak Spanish.
A school struggling...
Teacher, 9th Grade Physical Science (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 4, 2017
SHS has some wonderful teachers and students but it struggles under the weight of large classes, deteriorating physical facility, and serious urban school issues (drugs, pregnancy, violence).

I would not recommend this school for employment...
Pros
Some wonderful faculty and students
Cons
Many many difficult and troubled students, drugs, violence, culture of rudeness between students and many students extremely lewd and disrespectful, even toward teachers.
Very good job
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 21, 2017
Benefits all are good but working as a public servent dealing with the public has it's ups and downs just like any other job, there was a union which was ok at times
Pros
The people
Cons
The old timers
Needy City School District
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 12, 2017
The majory of teachers are highly talented that teach very needy students. the students come to school with needs not met at home that prevent them from being ready for learning. Much more is needed in the way of additional teachers and materials to ensure that adequate progress is made by most of the students.
Pros
talented teachers
Cons
needy students
Fun place to work
Instructional Para Educator - SPS (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 9, 2017
Peer interaction and dedication to children are a priority. Hours are important to have time for my family. Fun placed to work.
Substitute teaching--zero advancement, zero feedback
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 7, 2016
I worked in this school system for over two years. Pat Cunningham appears to be nice but is not competent in management as their gate keeper. There was zero feedback, as well as not opportunity for advancement. Security often has to be called, and many times does not respond. Real learning is hardly taking place here because their schools are not well run with good teachers not being empowered.
Stamford Public Schools
Substitute Teacher, Newfield School (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 28, 2016
Get to work at 7:45 to check in to position and get schedule for day if not in one classroom. Review plans for the day of for the meeting being covered and begin at 8am-2:45. Maintain order in classroom. Handle behavioral issues as necessary. Work with paraprofessional in the classroom if one is assigned. I have learned how to explain the same thing in many ways for children to be able to understand. I have also enjoyed getting to know many of the kids and working closely with them and helping them succeed. I enjoy working with kids and working in the school setting. The most challenging are the children who lose control during the day and make the environment of the classroom more difficult. Finding a way to try to break through to them and get them back on course.
Pros
Getting to work with kids and give them a great school experience