Stamps.com Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Sink or Swim
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 17, 2018
Very high turnover rate. Staff receives little to no support. Training classes of 14 dwindle to half after a few months, a little after a year they're down to 2-5, and in one recent class, no one made the grade. They welcome you with the warm and fuzzies as if your family, but come up short on some of their metrics and they'll toss you to the street like a stranger.
Pros
Generous vacation time, drinks, and snacks.
Cons
Look elsewhere.
No Career Advancement
N/A (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 23, 2018
No Career Advancement Opportunity. The company culture is fine but there was never an opportunity for growth. Managers need training to improve their skills.
great inviroment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 10, 2018
great place to work for, great inviroment, good management, cannot complain about the place. i would go back to work for them if the salary was higher
Productive people friendly environment where you are appreciated
Sr. Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 22, 2018
In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled the supporting task of answering customer calls in a professional manner, troubleshooting customer problem and provide strong customer service and resolved customer issues, dial-in onto the customer pc, answer email, callback escalated tickets, support workplace was cultural driven, people friendly willing to learn and teach jr. technical support rep in the process of resolving the customer problem. Throughout the day I completed drafting documents and emails to better support the customer, the hardest part of the job was making sure each customer calls was handle with value and the most enjoyable part of my job was the tone of the customer as we resolved every issue with satisfaction.
Great company, poor department
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 16, 2018
A place for beginners. No career advancement. Very low compensation compared to the area. The manager is great and very knowledgable but does not make up for the rest of the downfalls of the sales organization.
fun to work
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2018
nice relaxi.ng environment with nice and preffesional people.
problems are met quick, work culture is relax and no stressful.
workers dress casual, no stress being felt in the building
Pros
free lunch
Great Culture
Regional Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 24, 2018
Stamps.com offers a great relaxed and competitive culture. Many employees have the opportunity for career growth and advancement. Events are held often and the management cares about the staff.
come in ,start machine,break,start machine,go home
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 6, 2017
this a machine job,machine always need repairs,makes it hard to make daily amount,make it hard to make production,cause most of the unnecessary problem
Challenging
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 6, 2017
Working at Stamps.com was challenging in that support for printer at that time had many driver per operating system, per service pack, and or build. It was challenging to walk new users through downloading and installing print drivers.
Poor managment and planning
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 6, 2017
They promotes from within and people got promoted to role or area where they shouldn't belong and have no clue of what they are doing.

Over worked developers also have to perform production support duties because they are too cheap to hire production support personnels.

Prepare to fight fire on daily basis.
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
Poor leadership planning and fighting fire on daily basis due to bad release.
Great place to work, stay away from the CR Line!
Customer Relations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 11, 2016
This company definitely has the right idea when it comes to taking care of the employees and creating a fun environment. They have snacks and drinks available 24/7, a gorgeous office building, and they have event days where you can mingle with upper management and show your families where you work. The downside depends on the position you work and I'm warning everyone to RUN AWAY FROM THE CR LINE POSITION! The customers are rude and spoiled, so unless you have the patience to be lied to and screamed at for a living without being able to check the customers about their lies (professionally of course) then get your foot in the door of this company another way.
Pros
Snacks, serenity, healthcare benefits
Cons
Rude customers and a manager that is too afraid to defend his team against upper management
Great Teamwork
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 14, 2016
Stamps is a highly collaborative fun environment.
Employees feel that their skills are being utilized.
Flat structure creates an environment for open collaboration between teams.
Fun activities and free food and drinks.
Pros
Collaborative, Managers take accountability
great place to work.
Qa tester server side (Former Employee) –  culver cityAugust 19, 2015
I have learned many thing from there. We always work as team.
Management people are very nice.I have enjoyed work at stamps.com
Working at Stamps.com
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CaJune 1, 2015
A typical day at Stamps.com for me consisted of answering a variety of calls pertaining to the printing of postage online. The calls varied from connection issues to printing to setting up profiles so customers could connect to their online stores such as Amazon, eBay and Etsy. The system also allowed connecting to CSV and Excel files. I had to make sure that everything was configured correctly so that customers could download their orders and print out their labels for their packages.

I learned the different shipping and mailing needs of our customers. Many needed an efficient way of processing a large number of shipping labels for their company while some customers just needed a simple way of printing out postage so they could send Christmas cards to their grandchildren.

Management was very supportive of the employees and encouraged us to not only to gain new skills but to have a good work / life balance. They understood that a happy employee was more productive.

In the Customer Service department where I worked, we came together as a team and supported each other in helping out the customer and providing the best service we could. Each of us had a different view on solving problems and we could reach out to each other for ideas.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the frustrated customers. Many people are novices when using computers and we have to be understanding when dealing with the customers and let them know that we can fix the problems and get them printing again.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I got the frustrated customer and
  more... I fixed their problem. They often would give a sigh of relief knowing that we fixed their problem and got them back to work.  less
Pros
Free snacks and sodas, free Stamps.com account
Cons
Long drive home
nice atmosphere to work in.
Customer Service/ Warehouse (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 26, 2014
very friendly staff and enjoyed my duties. Would highly go back if called
Excellent company
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 24, 2014
Stamps.com is a extremely professional and fun place to work. The company takes pride in keeping the workplace relaxed, so that all employees look forward to coming to work everyday. Stamps.com believes in setting their employees up for success. There is plenty of room for growth, because the company client base is growing extremely fast. The most impressive thing about Stamps.com is how the executives interact with every department and employee.
Pros
room for growth, incentives for simply doing your job, and a great management staff
Love this company
Fraud Analyst/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 25, 2013
Very laid back. People are very friendly. Nice building. They provide free snacks, breakfast, fruits and lunch. Great company!
Pros
Free snacks, freedom
Cons
Great people and a fun place to work
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 24, 2013
Supervisor over 15-20 reps
Floor management
Queue management
2 meetings per month per rep
Responsible for coaching, documentation, interviewing and terminating
Management is good
I learned a lot of patience
I work with the best people which makes coming to work automatically a great day!
Pros
free food, pool table, drinks, foosball table, the people and activities
Cons
compensation and safety
fast paced environment
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2013
very little room for advancement, low paying salaries, high turn around especially in customer care, stressful. non supportive supervisors at times.
Pros
free healthy snacks and drinks, compensation for perfect attendance
Cons
short breaks and lunches.
Great company!
Enterprise Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 8, 2012
Stamps.com is the best company I've ever worked for. With the exposure of working for a public company plus the small size and extremely competitive salary/benefits, you would be hard pressed to find a better opportunity.