Stanbridge University Employee Reviews

Disapppinting career experience. Will never try teaching again.
Veterinary technician instructor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Disappointing experience. Basically set up to fail from day one with little to no direction given. Very grateful to have a mentor assigned to me after the first couple of months however it didn't make up for what was lacking. Students are of the generation that expects everything to be spoon fed to them with little to no effort of their own. Their failures are blamed on the instructor. Was so excited to try a new aspect of my career but because of this experience I don't believe I will ever try teaching again .
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Long work days, micromanagement, very poor to nonexistent onboarding
Unless you family, your not moving up
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 5, 2018
Worked in FA, boss knows nothing but is married to the sister of the owner. Pay is very low and employer benefit cost is WAY TOO HIGH! Cost over $1400 to insure family. They are doing things like if they were in the 90's just to create work. Wont listen to anything you say. FA director had NEVER worked in FA before but somehow knows everything. What he knows is how to pick the right connections.
Engaging and Diverse Community of Employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 18, 2018
I have been employed with Stanbridge University for almost two years. From the start of the interview process I met a lot of engaging employees who were nothing but helpful! It was a pretty quick turn around for being offered a position. Since I have started with the University, I find that our strength truly comes from supporting each other and our strong sense of teamwork. The amount of daily and monthly goals we achieve is astounding! The whole mission of the University, I see everyday when our students are studying or engaging in classes. My department team is so strong and I feel highly encourage by the institution to pursue my educational goals. I have never been employed anywhere else that has given me 20% of the support I receive daily. I look forward to many more years of working for this engaging university!
Pros
Recognition Events, Location, Salary
Cons
All benefits and culture was worth the time!
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 18, 2018
Stanbridge University provides a very fun and vibrant work environment that makes it easy to get involved. The university offers a program called Reach, where the university offers an opportunity for community engagement for all staff, faculty and students. It's great because the platform is there to give back and volunteering is at the tip of our fingers.
Pros
Cheap/ free lunch, Little micromanaging, positive workplace culture
Cons
fast-paced because the company is growing
Stanbridge Life
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 18, 2018
I have been working for Stanbridge University for over 2 years now and to this day I still believe that accepting this position has been the greatest decision I have made professionally. My leadership team is exceptional and I feel a great sense of support behind me. Finding an employer who stands beside you is hard to come across so I definitely lucked out! I also appreciate the flexibility and communication within the team I am a part of. I plan on sticking around for as long as I can so that I may continue to grow with and within this institution.
Pros
Great atmosphere!
Great Company Culture! Great place to improve and better your skills!
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 18, 2018
Stanbridge University has great culture, good/competitive benefits and decent perks. It is so rare to find a company to offer such a vast amount of vacation days in a year! The administration has great transparency and the CEO is extremely friendly. Beautiful campus quad area when you take breaks/lunch.
Pros
Respectful work environment, healthcare and benefits are competitive, very helpful in hands on job experience
Stanbridge University
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 11, 2018
Stanbridge is an institution that is committed to excellence. I love the fact that I am able to interact with people that have a passion for their craft and care about the quality of education that our students receive.
Pros
Students, employees, location, and growth opportunites.
Cons
I can't think of any. I love being apart of this institution.
Harassers
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 15, 2018
Employee's frustration is from the Poor management
Work culture: Favoritism
Accreditation: too many areas are Not in compliance
Daily Feeling toward supervisors: Helpless and Hopeless because they are very Disrespectful and Not solution-driven due to Lack of transparency
Keep searching for that job - this isn't it
Media officer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 26, 2018
If you're going to hire your employees, you should trust them to be able to at least basically perform their position. Expect constant micromanaging for little to no pay. Disorganized. Petty. Not worth the stress. There are better jobs out there. Keep searching, this isn't your forever place.
Turnover of staff unprecedented. Entire competing institution staffed by stanbridge faculty that have quit.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 8, 2018
Duplicitous and manipulative management practices. PD made to be lackey for Administration. Nepotism in advancement.

Program very well funded for all but staff. Believe have sincere desire to be top program. Will not invest to keep a productive team . Turnover of staff is alarming.
Pros
Students and materials available for teaching. VR lab, etc..
Cons
Cant keep a staff. Student attrition due to lack of confidence in administration.
For the amount of money the student pay for this school, they get substandard instruction.
LVN Clinical/ Theory Instructor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 23, 2018
I left Stanbridge because I felt they were more interested in money received from the government than in teaching good work skills in their students. Students were not prepared to go into the clinical setting. Students lacked the fundamentals of 1st year nursing students. More important for students to pass tests than to gain knowledge.

I worked there faithfully for 2.5 yrs giving up my weekends to be a clinical instructor and never got a raise or thank you from management.
Pros
School is close by most students
Cons
Do not value their instructors, Charge too much to the students for what they get in return, Do a poor job of helping students find a job after graduation., Poor class room preparedness.
Stanbridge Review
N/A (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 20, 2018
Stanbridge University is an awesome place to work. My co-workers are truly like a second family to me. The University is changing everyday for the better, with new polices and procedures aimed at helping out its employees and staff. I am so thankful to be around so many smart people and people who care about student success and retention. If your looking for a great work place and a great place to call work home, this place is it!!!
Pros
Animal friendly, monthly events, great benefits, food carts on campus!!
Cons
N/a
Micromanagement galore
Faculty, Full time, Veterinary Technology (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 14, 2018
Expect to have every minute scrutinized, expect to love to work for free, and expect to be given as few tools as possible to do the job you are there for.
Pros
Camaraderie between departmental staff, many dedicated students
Cons
Micromanagement, AN HR department that is not open door to it's employees, and high turnover due to misplaced priorities and lack of compassion.
Terrible
Financial Aid Officer/Student Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 26, 2018
This place was awful to work at, and mostly concerned with squeezing the most money out of students as possible. Terrible working conditions and not fun at all.
I like working here
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 13, 2017
Strong support from management, well organized curriculum. Chair is approachable with concerns, supportive full time staff available for assistance. I enjoy working here.
love the people
Senior Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 12, 2017
not a lot of room for growth even though they said that there are. family small business so you have to really impress the management and the CEO to get any promotion. They are flexible if you need a day off.
Pros
they willing to work with your schedule
Cons
it's really hard to get promoted because of it's small company
Higher Education
Senior Student Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 25, 2017
Higher Educational environment with degrees in allied health sciences. Programs are recognized and appreciated, with high pass rates. Students get a quality education.
good school
VOLUNTEER INVOLVEMENT (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 14, 2016
Good school, but i didn't work there. very helpful teachers, staff can be annoying. Problems with management and nobody knows who is responsible for what. please leave me alone and let me submit my resume.
Tough program
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 12, 2016
Program was difficult but seemed easier for people that had taken college courses before. People just out of high school seemed to have a tougher time than I did since I have already taken classes and gotten a degree. Some instructors do not communicate properly with students, but personalities and teaching styles are very diverse. Tutoring helped these students succeed.
Disgusting
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 5, 2016
This school is a joke!!
Students are not held accountable. No one fails they are just "transferred" to another cohort. The students want to be handed the information because they pay for it. The expectation is that the student is always right and the instructor needs to be flexible. The CEO has no prior education experience and is a micro-manager and does not support the faculty.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanbridge University. Our community is ready to answer.

Stanbridge University Reviews by Location