Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 131 reviews matching the search See all 2,091 reviews
Friendly environment
Reconciliation Assistant (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 11, 2018
I really enjoyed my stay in the Bank, my bosses were friendly and helpful despite their busy schedules, they make sure they find time to assist on any queries I had to resolve any issue.
Standard chartered bank is not so competitive in China.
Assistant in Retail Banking Department (Former Employee) –  NanChang, ChinaMay 9, 2018
Compare of other Chinese Banks, Standard Chartered bank is not so competitive. Moreover, consider to the average salaries level in my city, it is still a good internship.
Good place
Relationship Manager with Scb (Former Employee) –  DelhiMay 3, 2018
Wonderful time under different supervisor good team bonding products from Acquisation and other cross selling third party products acquired knowledge thourogly enjoyed
Good
Cons
Can’t think
Great Job/Great People
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
I liked working for Standard Chartered Bank.
I genuinely liked my work day and thought it was challenging.
Even though there was a lot of work on a daily basis it never got overwhelming.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Great Company and work environment. Semi fast pace as a financial company but that's to be expected. My coworkers were very friendly and helpful.
Credit Analyst (Credit Risk Department) (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 9, 2018
Great Company and work environment. Semi fast pace as a financial company but that's to be expected. My coworkers were very friendly and helpful and I learned a great deal under their guidance.
Excellent Work Life Balance
Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 23, 2018
Excellent Pay and work life balance. Working conditions excellent. Benefits, Vacation time and giving opportunity to grow excellent. Had a good learning Experience
Great Place to work
Supply Partner Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2018
Standard Chartered Bank is a wonderful place to work, The culture and the environment are top notch and the people who work there are friendly and always willing to help. The last 19 years have been rewarding and challenging. I learned a lot and was supported by my management 100%.
Pros
Benefits, rewards, Challenges, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Overall a great organization to work in.
Quality Control, COBAM, Global Banking (GB) (Current Employee) –  PakistanMarch 5, 2018
The bank is full of challenges and as per my role its even more challenging. I have been with this bank from last 4 years and have travelled couple of countries to conduct and take trainings enhancing my exposure to international market.
Nice Environment
Intern, Private Banking Sector (Former Employee) –  厦门市February 13, 2018
Nice niche but not for people coming from a hardcore field--engineering, math, etc. Easy work and most importantly but you probably wouldn't really learn things.
High paced but rewarding
Intern, Financial Advisory (Former Employee) –  珠海市January 29, 2018
Deal with clients all times,
must be enthusiastic and energetic
eager to learn, be prepared
great mentor to drop knowledge on you
fast paced but rewarding enviroment
Standard Chartered Bank
Executive Director, Head (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2018
SCB was a great place for many years. Serious financial issues created a toxic atmosphere and significant job cutting. The bank culture has changed with long term employees leaving or being let go. The banks strengthen has always it's history and that history has given way to hiring short term employee's not interested in building internal or external relationships. It's very hard to accomplish anything for clients when global teams refuse to engage or communicate as they're looking for their next career move.

Due to the banks primary location in Asia, hours can be long if you work in the US. The bank is very diverse and the people on the ground in the Asia, Africa and the Middle Eats are very respectful, smart and great people overall. The best part of the job was making life long friendships around the world. Dealing with so many cultures and so many different markets every day makes SCB an excellent place to learn about the world and yourself.

Management at the CEO level is very good as the change introduced to right the ship is sound. The middle management is horrific and is unable to execute even the simplest changes as part of the turn around plan. They are too focused on saving themselves and show zero loyalty to good employees.
Pros
Diversity, global relationships
Cons
Financial condition, poor management, high turnover
nice company to work with
Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  长沙市January 10, 2018
colleagues are really friendly and willing to help new joiner, management willing to give extra works and development opportunities to new joiner too. Very nice company
Fast Paced Wholesale Banking Office
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Fast paced wholesale banking office. Includes high stress situations with tight deadlines. Very diverse employee base. The diversity of the employees is the best part of the job.
Good work life balance
Investment Strategy Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shanghai CityDecember 28, 2017
9 am arrive at the office
6 pm off work
Good work-life balance
The culture is not comfortable and people are nice and supportive
Prefer experienced professionals rather than new graduates for most of the middle and back office positions
Dysfunctional culture run by incompetent management
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2017
The Bank is run by mediocre and unprofessional managers that foster a culture of blame. With no understanding of the world of competitive banking this firm will never be anything other then a bank that caters to sub prime clients. These are the same clients that got Standard Charter in trouble with regulators and keep Standard Chartered out of the league tables.
Pros
Working with kind people, flexible working schedule
Cons
low compensation, burnout
AML Investigator (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 19, 2017
Overall, it is a good place to work. has recently become numbers driven but isn't bad overall. The work is manageable, and I think the work life balance is good for being in compliance.
Competitive Environment to Work
CDD Analyst (Current Employee) –  1st Floor, Jubilee House, I.I Chundrigar Road,October 11, 2017
Really good to work here. Collegues are supportive. Environment is healthy. we live our values. It's really good to be here for commitments for clients
Pros
Medical and Vacation
Cons
Compensation and benefits
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  West AfricaOctober 6, 2017
It was my first job ever after graduating from high school. This is an UK bank and their work culture is very friendly and welcoming. Had good experienced working there.
Workplace Culture
Manager - Fraud Risk Management (Current Employee) –  SindhSeptember 29, 2017
Its a great place to start your career and also to learn and apply everything which can make lives easier. The management surely appraises talent and helps you to achieve your goal, no matter how tough is it.
Competitive environment where the ones with highest EQ survive
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2017
Very competitive workplace. Promotions depend on being in the right place at the right time working with the right manager. High attrition rate in certain areas.
Pros
Flexible working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Chartered Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight