Standard Chartered Bank

Found 166 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,907 reviews

Standard Chartered Bank insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Lots of opportunities to uplift many systems but initiatives are less.

Lots of opportunities to uplift many systems but initiatives are less. There are many more legacy applications still exists and poor process and control.

Performance-driven

I worked in the retail department in retail banking. Performance (sales performance) is the only standard for your job. You need to give calls everyday and try to make customers come to the bank and buy some products. Personally I don’t like sales position.

Pros

Work n life balance

Cons

Stress on performance

Great medical cover but pay can be better.

Great medical cover but the pay is poor. Its also corrupt meaning cases of tribalism/ethnicity and nepotism are rampant. No equality of pay for the same job.

Pros

Great medical cover

Cons

Its also corrupt meaning cases of tribalism/ethnicity and nepotism are rampant, No equality of pay for the same job.

Heading the right direction

The company is focusing on what matters to social and environmental, in conjunction with growing the business. They take great care in their employees especially during Covid outbreak i.e. assist in whatever they can to those who have been infected, well being on all employees, financial support to setup home office for those who opts to work from home, provide surgical masks at workplace for those who works in office. Yes. There is an option to work from home 5 days a week, depending on the nature of your work.

Pros

Great company policy in taking care of employees

Cons

Depending on the persons you are dealing with, sometimes you dont receive the respect you deserve.

Productive work place

The management is not very good, no encouragement from their side and no oppurtunities for career development. However, people are very friendly and supportive. Often employees are overworked and we do not even get compensation for that. Job role is very tedious.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Great company to work for

In my time in SC as both a contractor and a direct employee I've experienced majority great things. The people are wonderful to work with and support, with very little ego involved. Being a financial institution, you definitely have to ensure quality support, and also quick turn around on delivering said support, which I am used to providing. The perks were pretty nice, pre-pandemic lockdown. We're talking lunches on the customer floor, company sponsored events, get togethers where may of the people I supported would fit the bill, and the awesome xmas party.If I had to put a con to it all it would be that trying to figure out some procedures could be a pain, simply because much of the repetitive processes are not properly documented, especially for new hires. You are many a times thrust into the fire to learn on your own. It's not that big of a deal, but I feel it does waste time having people figure out steps that have already been figured out. Imagine every person having to figure out the combustion engine just to drive a car. That's how it feels some times.Other than that, there is very little to complain about.

Pros

Lunches on the customer floor, company sponsored events, get togethers where may of the people I supported would fit the bill, and the awesome xmas party.

Cons

Lack of forward thinking when it comes to documenting repetitive procedure instructions

Lots of trainings

Culture is terrible, long working hours and weekends. No sense of direction and purpose, overworked due to lack of people in the team. High attrition and turnover

Good benefits

Standard Chartered Bank has good benefits, good work/life balance with option to work remote depending on department. Unfortunately the bank does not give annual raises and it is difficult to get promoted.

Gr8 Company culture but top management is not supportive

Companies culture is best however same doesnt get followed by the team leaders and people managers. The work pressure is too much and there is not equal distribution of work. In case any concerns are raised leaders will start taking revenge by bad mouthing and adversely impacting your appraisals.

Pros

Unlimited medical benefits, frequent software changes to make tasks easier for employees, frequent training and development, flexible working culture, additional health benefits even in pandemic

Cons

People managers especially in non metro locations are very rigid

Enjoyed it

Good place to work. Although, leadership lacks direction with constant reorganization initiatives, which causes major disruption. Apart from this, I enjoyed my time.

Great exposure.

Generally a good learning platform to learn and grow with proper guidance and a lot of flexibility to excel. Consistancy is the key to succeeding in here.

Great place to work if you want to be in Finance

Great place to work if you want to be in Finance. Nothing extremely special, large office in the middle of Times Square with multiple floors. Friendly environment for the most part.

The people...

... Are the most rewarding part of the experience. I left not just having made colleagues, but valued lifelong friends. Your days end when you're done.

Great managers and knows how to treat employees

This was the most respectfully managed and well compensated job that I ever had. They know how to treat their employees. The work life balance, culture, and general atmosphere was top notch. The compensation was very respectable.

Experience of credit risk management

Work is quite enjoying which was given at SCB....had nice experience talking with employers about the company....main profile of the work.... environment is also impressive

Overall great place to work

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the stakeholders in the business and the account Opening teams. In addition since I was in the Financial Crime fighting sector it felt good to be fighting the good fight. The workplace culture was probably the best I have experienced in my 35 plus years in Banking

Working at Standard Chartrered was my first corporate experience and i am glad for it.

I gave job work/life balance a 4-star because banking is a very strenuous job. I worked in the retail banking unit and so had to be present even on Saturdays and that for me impacted my work/life balance. Also, job security was not ensured since the bank had the vision to go digital.

great place to work. flexible. no pay increases. hard to move up.

great place to work. flexible. no pay increases. hard to move up. tons of positions move overseas making it difficult to move. bonus is great but no pay increases.

Segregative. Prefer to have indian workers.

My work and that of over 270 others was terminated abruptly and our positions given to Indian workers in India under the guise of redundancy. The bank does not care about its workers and sees them as expendables. No thought is put into workers welfare afyer work. Its use and dump. The bank is not above doing illegal acts when it wants its way. Sadly, we learnt from experience. see

Pros

Low interest loans.

Cons

Be ready to be laid off at any time. Not for your mistakes, but as per the likes and whims, of management. Indians have taken over the bank. They are consolidating all the jobs in India.

Just another job

Bottom line is first and everything else is third or less for SCB. Snotty folks looking to nickel and dime you and squeeze all they can out of you for as little as they can get away with paying you

Refreshment and dinner on every month at the club house

At standard chartered bank, employees are typically overwhelmed with clients services. However, this situation becomes an easy task as employees team up to work diligently and effectively. Teamwork makes the dream and goal achievable. An orderly conduct and coordination among workers with specific duty is a hallmark of management skills.. An energizing work ethics inspire employees to perform beyond expectation. Employees are required to work beyond the stipulated time when the hall is flooded with customers before banking door closes. The relief is a sign of joy when all customers are fully served and satisfied at the end of the service. Inability to get flexible hours was a thorn in my flesh but best employee accolade at the end of every month was a personal booster.

Pros

Employees who maintain 100% attendance for six months are rewarded

Cons

No flexible hours and short breaks or nothing depending on job intensity

Common questions about Standard Chartered Bank

Answered by current and former employees at Standard Chartered Bank

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Chartered Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K
1.1K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Standard Chartered Bank.
Powered byComparably