Standard Enterprises Employee Reviews

Fast paced but fun environment
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAApril 15, 2019
Fast paced but fun environment, joy to work for, can be overwhelming at times, lots of paperwork and steady traffic flow in and out of the office. Multi tasking is a must.
decent job
Maintenance Technician/ Make -Ready Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 4, 2019
3 years and barely recieved raises. management didn't understand time and how long it takes to complete certain tasks. Manager barely left office and somehow received promotion
Best company on earth
Human Resources Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LASeptember 25, 2018
I have been with Standard a little over 6 months and I can't stress how amazing of a company they are. They have a strong family atmosphere, they focus on maintaining a healthy work/life balance. They go above and beyond to provide training and education to all employees. They truly show appreciation for their employees and that is very hard to find in a company this size.
I would recommend anyone that comes to work for Standard make sure you're wanting a long term position because once you come, you won't want to leave!
Pros
Salary, benefots, employee appreciation
Cons
I cannot stress enough, stay away
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LASeptember 11, 2018
After 5 years I left and I am so regretful I didn’t leave sooner. I truly wish I had never accepted the position. Constantly under staffed, very stressful, no leadership, upper management not well trained to help answer basic questions. No consistency. There were some good times, but not worth the stress you work under. Ask lots of questions before accepting a position. Ask if you will be trained properly, ask if you will receive and support.
Pros
Cons
Micro management, stressful, short handed, unrealistic expectations, no training, no leadership, not very welcoming / no open door policy
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  LAJuly 25, 2018
Enjoyed my time working for Standard Enterprises and would return to work for them. The work atmosphere can be challenging and so can some of the other employees .
We worked hard some days, but we had fun
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 5, 2018
A typical day was a good day, we helped each other. property manger never asked us to do anything she wouldn't do, she taught us what to do , I earned a lot about my job, my manager was awesome she was always ready and willing to help, we we're team player and that helped a lot.
Pros
always got our breaks, paid holidays and time off
Cons
healthcare
Stressful job
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 15, 2017
Management needs improving , have my employees back more, more training on things in office being that things changes daily. Hire more maintenance and make ready techs
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Healthcare
New owners
District Manager, later Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 1, 2017
The owners of this property should listen to the property manager closer to determine the outcome of a position. This property has since had to have two office workers.
Production work place and fun to work in.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Opelousas, LAJuly 21, 2017
I would recommend this job to anyone. So much to learn and you can give your input to make the job better. It is fast paced and friendly. I work f1or an awesome company.
Pros
You work at your own pace and it is peaceful.
Cons
No cons.
Great company to work for.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Opelousas, LAJune 12, 2017
The company is a great company. They offer health insurance, but it's expensive. Sometimes it takes a while to get things approved being that we have a chain of command. The main reason for me searching for new employment is to be closer to home. I drive from Lafayette LA. to Opelousas LA.
Pros
Paid Vacation and sick leave
Multi-Site Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAApril 24, 2017
Very good place to work room for advancement they treat you like family as you are required to maintain the high standards of the company. They ensure you have continuing education so that not just the company but that you will be great.
Pros
best job ever.
Cons
no property in savannah, ga
Toxic
Manager (Current Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 1, 2016
Do not work here. It's a miserable place to work. It sucks the life right out of you and will bring you down. Upper management is allowed to lie, steal, cheat, and use employees as personal servants to run uppermanagements personal errands on company time. Uppermanagement manages from their email and when you have a question most of the time they don't have an answer because they are so lacking in any experience or management skills. I have never heard or seen one employee happy about working here. They all put on a smile and say its great but in private, when they are honest, they are miserable and are looking for another job.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
No morales, standards are poor which is ironic considering the name.
Hard job
Property manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAOctober 14, 2015
There is more than just leasing property. You have a lot of paperwork to do as well as maintain occupancy and monthly collections. Hardest part of my job was living up to expectations. Best part of the job was how rewarding you feel when the job is completed.
Assistant Property Manager
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LASeptember 13, 2015
I was there to assist the manager. I would take rent and help file evictions monthly. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the residents and learning from the manager. Daily you would answer the phones, put in work orders for maintenance, and reports.
Good Work/Life Balance
Accountant (Current Employee) –  LousianaAugust 27, 2014
Work is fast pace. Good flexibility between work and life balance. Overall, a good place to work.
Pros
Breaks throughout day.
Cons
Not much turnover so advancement may be slow.
Fun place
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  louisianaAugust 20, 2014
Different type of environment not the best property to work due to the area and income requirements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.