Standard Parking Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place but not enough for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 2, 2018
I really wish there was more of a chance to move up when you’ve showed them how many calls you can take per hour, leadership and being kind to others. IF there was more of chance to move up then I would love it more, there is no HR on site, in the future it would be nice to have them expand and bring them on site.
Pros
Over night shift, benefits, over time, chill place
Cons
No advancement
Productive and fun workplace.
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 5, 2018
Learned gow to reactive and be proactive in muriad of situations. Flexibility is a must. Kindness and patience goes a long way. Care and compassion for others.
Pros
Plenty hours
Cons
Worked a lot
great place to work
Meter Technician, Parking Enforcment (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 2, 2017
working with this company was great, co-workers were great to get along with, got to meet some great customers, build a good customer service backround
Pros
great pay
Cons
working out in elements all the time
Basic Job
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 26, 2017
Basic low level job. Low pay, few benefits, and managers that don't care about you or the company in general. No room for advancement or raises. Hard work is not noticed or rewarded.
Awesome bosses
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2017
I worked here over 10 years ago and I love this place. No overtime and management was great. Company didn't provide Christmas dinner so management paid for it. The only complaint was compensation is below the market.
Ambiente dócil en general
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York StateJune 28, 2017
Cómo empresa es buena y con mis compañeros mucha fraternidad.
Pros
El seguro no es bueno
Cons
No hay buen trato al personal
Just do your Job
Driver, Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2017
In my opinion as long as you are doing your job then work will be great. Stay out of employees and management drama. The job has its perks meaning you can make tips on top of hourly pay
Pros
overtime
Cons
healthcare sucks, drama from management and empoyees
Warm and welcoming
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIApril 23, 2017
More good than bad if you want a low key laid back job this is it. Perfect for college students. Revolving schedule and good pay on holidays. You're at the airport what more is there to say!? The site manager is fantastic!
Pros
Hours, good environment, holiday pay, wonderful site manager, willing to accommodate.
Cons
No benefits no room for advancement
a part time job for college students
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 21, 2017
a year round job that was a perfect fit for a college student with lots of over time.to much theft by managers and supervisors and lots of double standards by management
Pros
district manager was reasonable
Cons
bad managers
Same daily routine, no biggie😊
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 6, 2017
Would like to learn more about the company. Advancement in this company seems unlikely. They have hired from outside of the company multiples in the couple of years that I've been here.
Overall fun plave to wrok. Coworkers are nice, and easy money
Valet Parking Attendant, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2017
You engage with high-end customers on a daily basis, so your customer service interaction is every day contact with people. You answer phones, filing, vehicle inventory/keys. Downside is there is no real break, so if you're super busy it can be nonstop, We have a refrigerator and microwave inside booth and can also have food delivery.
Pros
You work with little supervision with assumption that you'll get the job done, You do have management but not at booth all the time
Cons
No designated breaks, you take a break when have time for it, early morning hours for 1st shifts like 4am and really late hours for 3rd shift
diffrent
Operations Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
very unique place , you must have a strong personality to work here , good people tho ... a great place to grow , not consistent with the policies and be careful who you talk to , everyone is related some kind of way
Supervisor at Standard Parking.
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 8, 2016
I was a supervisor at Standard Parking in Mobile, AL. Overall it was an experience that taught me many ways in handling people and situations. There wasn't much room for growth, but still a good learning experience.
Pros
Worked around my school schedule.
Cons
No benefits.
Spplus
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2016
The management is horrible. They treat you like peasants and as hard as we all work they dont show appreciation what so ever. They treat us more like prisoners than employees. Most people has stuck around due to the money and OT they offer but it slowly but surely falling apart.
When I first started it was a great company
PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2015
As I stayed at the company there were many changes that were I felt not good for the company. Co-workers were awesome, I learned quite a bit new did garnishments before that was a challenge, but worth the learning experiences.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
the change that was not good. I could not leave not of the department I was in
I would give SP an average rating
Employee Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2015
I worked at SP for a short period of time as a contractor. I really enjoyed working for my boss and partnering with legal. It was very busy which time go by very fast. It was a little frustrating because I received very little training. You just have to jump right in!
Easy great paying job with benefits
Customer Service Rep/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2015
If you like diversity and working at the airport this is a good job. The managers do have the tenancy to not focus on the job, but giving write ups instead. They can make an easy environment stressful.
Pros
benefits, ability to pick up extra shifts, and move into other positions
Cons
management is uneducated, no degrees, and often not knowledgeable.
poor management
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioAugust 9, 2015
I heard great things about the airport division but I was not lucky enough to work there. Long hours, low pay, poor management.
Work is Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atl,GaJuly 5, 2015
The job is a great place to work. The customers are challenging at times but its nothing you cant overcome. Work is Work! The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing you can come to work and have fun.
Productive. Never a dull momemt.
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 12, 2015
The job kept me occupied instead of loose time spent around the water cooler. I would rather stay busy with less speaking although I know the meaning of the importance of communication in an articulate manner.
Pros
Good employees and supported employment. Training.
Cons
The air was full of carbon monoxide from the cars and traffic.