Standard Register Employee Reviews

Enjoyable but stressful at times.
Corporate Counsel and Privacy Officer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 16, 2018
A typical day at Standard Register started with a quick check in with my supervisor- general counsel (GC).We typically did a recap on what we were working on and any obstacles. This was a favorite thing for me since our GC was always light hearted but at the same time a necessary thing to do since we didn't interact a lot during the day. I liked his management style because he trusted my approach to how we should practice law and we were both aligned on how we did so.After this meeting, I commenced to work on pressing matters first and then my other responsibilities.Standard Register was going through difficult times since it was a paper management company and more and more customers of ours were moving to digital print.As a result of this, the job was stressful and fast paced.I also liked my business colleagues so my job was enjoyable with respect to that.
Pros
Management style of my supervisor and working with great business colleagues
Cons
Company under a lot of stress to improve revenue
Great leaning enviroment
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicagoland Area, ILMarch 2, 2018
Standard register gave me the tools i needed to be able to excel in the next step of my life. The hardest part of the job was the fact we were bought out twice in 2 years and the job security was rough.
Learned many things
Digital/Offset Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 28, 2018
I came in working in Prepress. After doing that for a few months,
I started to learn some of the digital presses. From there I began
to learn and use the large speed presses.
Pros
roo m for advancement
Cons
they left the city
Not a great place to be
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 20, 2018
Management and culture were a problem. There was a lot of red tape to get through so that you could do what was asked of you. There was a lack of training and investing in employees.
management needs over hauled
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJanuary 18, 2018
the management staff at Standard Register is out for themselves. they could care less about the production associates or the front line supervisors and managers.
Up on the latest technology
Digital color prepress II (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 31, 2017
Standard Register had been through a lot of changes. They keep on fighting and keep trying. I have lost a lot because of loosing my job due to their reconstruction and doing away with my job.
Pros
Opportunity to learn new equipment
Cons
It was either feast or famine no in between
Offset press operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 11, 2017
typical day was to start and complete as many high qualitiy jobs on my job list for that particular day as possible.
I learned more ways of multi tasking. I operated multiple machines at once.
Management was good
I was a comfortable place to work.
Most enjoyable to me was operating the printers
Pros
The job was good
Cons
The area was dangerous.
Fresh out of college. Felt entitled
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 24, 2017
Responsibilities included: direct sales, developed and maintained relationships with new and established accounts, maintained and updated monthly sales forecast reports.
Pros
Good opportunity
Cons
Did not know how to work
Great!!
Senior Print Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 14, 2017
Great place to work and Family oriented. Enjoy providing printed materials to many hospitals in and out of the Charleston area. Enjoyed being challenged on a daily basis.
Cons
Producitve and loved the responsibilities of the job!!!
Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Monroee ncNovember 14, 2017
I worked as a scheduler and loved the job and the duties that went with itl. I loved all the responsibilities I had with this job.,Had a wonderful boss but he relocated.
Pros
Great co-workers and wonderful boss
nice place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioSeptember 22, 2017
Nice place to work, enjoyable people. Exposure to many new job opportunities. Would recommend this place to work although I don't think it is in business anymore.
Pros
Above
Satisfactory
Shipping/Receiving/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 10, 2017
Somewhat stressful environment. It was fast-paced and the culture was not really relaxed. I did enjoy working there, and would recommend it. I thought the pay was mostly fair.
Decent place to work
Business Development Manager-Fulfillment Services (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 3, 2017
The company paid well, but their infrastructure and facilities need much improvement!! Every job that I sold ended up being completely messed up by the facility. I had to spend an incredible amount of time holding hands with the facility personnel.
Pros
great pay
Cons
facilities need improvement
Most boring job in the history of boring jobs
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 29, 2017
As a designer you start your day logging into a computer and then the next 8 hours designing medical forms with all kinds of horrific sounding medical conditions. no real career advancement unless you like to be in sales.
Pros
I now know what "maple syrup urine disease" is
Cons
you get treated like a child if you don't have your eyes on that computer screen at all times
i hated to leave
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 28, 2017
Our facility was closed due to bankruptcy filings. I spent 10 years with Standard Register and would still be there today. My fellow co workers were like a second family to me.
Pros
great local leadership
Cons
upper management leadership
Productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2017
What i learned is dedication and hard work, and how to meet my goals; and also how to build a strong team; and as a result, the working environment was pleasant.
Pros
free tickets, free lunches
Cons
traffic
Productive and engaging work environment
Preparation Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NJ 08831August 17, 2017
This was only a temporary summer job to gain experience. Everyday involved preparing information packages that range from financial documents, medical documents, and promotional packages. I learned how to multi-task in a fast paced environment, work together with co-workers as a team player and work with a diverse variety of people. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was stress-free promoting a challenging experience to the workplace while at the same time allowing myself the opportunity to learn how the work environment promotes hard work.
Pros
Stress-free, Friendly Staff
Cons
No Benifits
great place to work, while it was open
Collator Operator (Former Employee) –  Spring Grove, ILAugust 14, 2017
best job I ever had, hated when it was closed. if you enjoy challenges its the job for you. People very friendly and very excited to help teach new things.
Pros
free lunch fridays
Cons
cant say there is 1
was a great place to work
IT Technical Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 20, 2017
Great place to work until going through Bankruptcy in 2015. which lead to buy out by Taylor Corporation. Since the buy out Standard register basically doesn't exist anymore.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
No longer in existence
Enjoyed my position with the company
Purchasing Agent/Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Radcliff, KYJuly 9, 2017
I was with the company for over 30 years and enjoyed the people who worked there. Spent several years in HR and helped the employees as much as possible. Grew up with many of the employees
Pros
Good pay, close to home, meaningful work
Cons
job elimination

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Register. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.8

2.2Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight