Standard Textile Employee Reviews

Clean healthy work place
Light Industrial Worker (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAApril 3, 2018
I was suggest this as a work place even return with the opportunity. Provide safety. Learn how to work on machines. They give u ways to grow in their company.
Pros
Look out for workers.
Cons
12hour can be a bit much
Standard Textile was a nice place to work. I learned alot and was trained well.I never had any problems with any of my co workers or supervisor.
Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  Union, SCMarch 20, 2018
Standard Textile was a nice place to work. I learned alot and was trained well. I never had any problems with any of my co workers or supervisor.The only thing I didn't like was we could not leave to go get lunch on our break and the breaks were only 20 mins, other than that it was a great experience and nice place to work
Pros
great people to work with and job was easy and fun
Cons
short lunch breaks, couldn't leave to go out and get lunch, couldn't go outside on breaks
Poor management
Inspector/shipper (Former Employee) –  Union, SCJanuary 31, 2018
Need better communication and leaders . Coworkers make job a little better. Need to hire new management to come in and guide workers better. Need to be more of a team
Great benefits and Pays
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Union, SCJanuary 24, 2018
I realky enjoyed working there until i seen unfair treatment and how african americans were treated. But i pray that someone would be brave and let the CEO know that it's a lot of unfair disrespectful and illegal things going in his Warehouse.
Benefits
Cons
Fast pace, friendly environment!!
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAJanuary 23, 2018
I worked there over the weekend through personnel options temp service on clean up. Loved the friendly environment and all the supervisors where cool and willing to be hands on with showing what to do. Hope to be called back in because I truly love it. They ladies in human resources we're polite and informed me that if anything came up meeting my qualifications that they would gladly give me a call. Ms. Amanda my supervisor for the weekend informed me that I did a great job and she be working on getting me back out there..
Pros
3 twenty minute breaks snack bar and microwave foods on site
Cons
If you don't mind working there are no cons
Productive and fun
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 22, 2018
Very good place to work. Need to increase their salary options for some positions in the workplace. Place an extreme focus on the sales force in the field the backbone of the company dont get paid enough for what they do.
Good and bad
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Somewhat political. Family run.

Café available on site.
Relaxed dress code.
People are friendly for the most part (there are always a couple no matter where you go).
Great company, but has low pay.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Overall it is a great company, but my particular position and many others complain about the low pay for the job that is done. I also have no opportunity to move up in the company.
Pros
You are not just a number
Cons
Low wages
Very unprofessional
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 3, 2018
I was working there because my friend offered me the job as his grandfather owns the warehouse. They let me go because I'm no longer friends with him. Very petty and unprofessional.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
some employees do hard drugs
Very stressful environment
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Enterprise AlabamaDecember 15, 2017
Dropped my pay on production The team leaders are very unhelpful and walk away from you when you have an issue if your production percentage is not high enough they let you go and they don’t care about quality or making it better.
Pros
Some of the people are nice
Cons
Management is awful very stressful place to work

Want to know more about Standard Textile?

Ask a question
A family culture
CONTRACTS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 11, 2017
Very nice company to work for, the culture is family orientated. Everyone is willing to help each other. Management has open door policy, does listen to what employees concerns are.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Advancement is slow
Good company but tough.
HealthCare Consultant Trainee (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 22, 2017
OK Company, demanding but pays well. They allow flexibility with work times but don't have flex schedules to date. Everyone is friendly but the company expects results from everyone at every level.
Pros
In business since 1940.
Cons
Demanding and expect the best from employees no matter what the circumstances are in the job.
Good work place
Production-Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 9, 2017
Enjoy working for this company, for the most part a balanced company. Would recommend to others. Management was fair and company as a whole tried to maintain a good work environment.
Have none
Forklift/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Union, SCAugust 28, 2017
Really not my kind of job very fast pace lack of communication and training have lots of safety hazard expect more out of you with less concern ..employees was great to work with.
Pros
Cons
Lack of respect very poor management
Pretty good place to work; positive environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2017
Pros:
Healthy workplace
Gym & classes
Positive environment
Innovative

Cons:
Lacks structure
High-deductible health insurance

Overall it's a good place to work. Family-owned. Honest and ethical. People often stay for many, many years.
Fast paced work environment
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 16, 2017
Overall it was an ok experience, the work itself had it balanced days as well as its stressful days. Some of the coworkers seem to only wanted to add unto the stress
great job
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAJuly 14, 2017
Privately held- family owned company
Believes in building long term relationships with their customers
Many long term employees that are willing to help anyone who asks
busy work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAJuly 4, 2017
I was a material handler, I had to make sure all the machines were supplied and ready for production. It was a good job to have but I did not see any room for growth.
Pros
clean enviroment
Cons
no growth
Ok place to work
Loom Operator (Current Employee) –  Thomaston, GAMay 31, 2017
Standard Textile is an ok place to work, the manufacturing facility is currently being updated so it's been pretty hectic. Management keeps changing hands, they scream innovate but when people come up with ideas they quickly get pushed to the side. No room for advancement, the company would rather hire outside for management positions than look within​ the company, when you live in a city that is revolved around Textile mills and people who've worked in the industry for 30-40 years maybe you should take advice from them.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, Decent pay, An incentive program, reasonable PTO
Cons
Horrible healthcare, no room for advancement, Management continual changing
It was an okay job, just not enough to do.
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAMay 15, 2017
Long 12 hour nights and a lot of pushing a broom on a large floor, Other than that it was easy and I didn't have many problems with it. The supervisor was really cool and could help with most problems.
Pros
Three twenty minute breaks