StandardAero Employee Reviews

What you see is what u get
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OHJuly 11, 2019
Management is unreal company is very unorganized, racist, and unpredictible. No advancement unless your manager likes you and release you to the next department. The white employees can do what ever they want..black employees are held at higher standards....the tension in the place is unreal. I would not recommend this place to any minority...black and/or hispanic
Alright Place
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 13, 2019
I worked there for a couple months as a temporary hire and i learned quite a bit, pay is lacking but management is very nice, some people have been there for decades and haven't had any problems
Great company with bright future!
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2019
This is a great place to work that has employed people in San Antonio for 20 years and is growing very fast. Their culture is based on integrity, quality, safety and employee and customer focused. They keep the employees informed of trending company struggles or expedited increases from the customers. Teamwork is important to resolve issues or complete tasks or projects. With the growth came challenges with keeping up adequate workforce and training. The management was great as well as the people. The hardest part of the job was there never seemed to be enough hours in the day to get everything done. Very demanding, fast paced, stress with working with timing of funding from the government would not line up with the financial obligations to stakeholders.

It will be important to plan for retirements for the older workforce and training the next generation of both direct and indirect staffing to carry these contracts into the future.
Pros
Pay, management, stability, culture
Cons
Growing pains, succession planning
Interesting
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2019
You really learn about things aircraft related / engines. The atmosphere in the equipment area is extremely stressful. The customer service area is adequate. The HR representative not trustworthy
Avoid if possible
A&p Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 23, 2019
If you have not bee n there for 20+ years you will never get a permotion. Pay is not good compared to the rest of the industry, but if you must work on Springfield it's better than nothing.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Management, pay, losely follows regulations.
Cut throat// production warehouse
Classified (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 17, 2019
Stay away from this place at all cost!! lol just awful unless you enjoy inhaling grit blast all day. Management is the most penny pinching management I've ever seen. Awful for career advancement due to favoritism. They don't drug test anyone there sometimes for over 10 months at a time.. no care for safety whatsoever and the warehouse is a dirt box
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Dirt management
Management is unorganized.
Machinist, December (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 11, 2019
The typical day at work is quick paced. The more you know, the more you may be asked to do in different work areas. I learned alot about grinding, stripping, washing, lapping, and repairing in the oil and gas department. Management is great about keeping up with employees but sometimes lack in communication about what needs to be done when they leave work. After first shift leaves things can become unorganized. The most enjoyable part of the job is being allowed to work as much overtime as you can handle.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Mandatory overtime can be required.
So much potential to be better
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 8, 2019
This company has so much potential to just be great to work for, but it falls short with many management issues, i.e. inexperience, short-sightedness, ego, etc. The company could seriously benefit from hiring an actual Industrial Engineer to help it out with its growing pains. And hiring more diversely in the management range could possibly help, as well.

The job itself is remarkably great, as are the people who work on the Shop Floor.
Pros
Pto, 401k, health benefits, good coworkers
Cons
Management team and Shop Floor layout
Management / Leadership is lacking
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2019
The company is only focused on the bottom line, EBITA. There is no general focus or care given to employees or customers. It is really disappointing. So many have worked for SAL their entire career and just don't realize how bad it is. In this case, tenure is bad. Senior leadership says, "We strive to be average."
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Lack of leadership, training, customer focus.
On your own, lack of communication and management
Composites Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 9, 2019
I felt ignored at this company, favortism plays a large role there. There was times i would approach my shift suoervisor to ask a work related question amd i was always brushed off. I didnt feel very much like a team member there.
Great company to work for
Senior Master Sch (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 6, 2019
I also updated spreadsheets and reports in this position as a government contractor. Attended morning production meetings, updated production boards. Motivation meetings with cell leaders during the morning production meetings.

The directors were great at Standard Aero who encouraged collaboration.

The most difficult part of the job was meeting government timelines due to daily changes to the timelines.

Communicating with all personnel at Standard Aero.
Private Aircraft
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 8, 2018
Not a bad place to work
Hours fluxuate
Cafeteria on site good food
Very Hot in the Summer
Management is okay
Meet people from all over the world when they bring in their Air Craft to get worked on.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Summer Heat
A cool place to work if you're not looking to get into airline aviation.
Mechanic Trainee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2018
As an intern my role was to work for 8 weeks only, The environment is pretty relaxed, everyone seems friendly and willing to teach and or help you if you need it.
Standard Aero is based out of the old Kelly AFB
Performance Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2018
StandardAero is a maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) provider based in Scottsdale, AZ. The company is not related to Standard Aircraft Corporation, which was formed in 1916 and ceased operations in 1931 as New Standard Aircraft Company.
N/a
Composites Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 25, 2018
I do not wish to answer this section or analyze the previous job. The best scenario, everyone should make their independent decisions based on their own experience.
Avoid this place
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHOctober 16, 2018
I went on an "interview" and the person who interviewed me was not interested in asking anything about my qualifications of background which should have been my first clue. He took on a tour of the company and showed me the cubicles where I would be working. However, when I arrived on my first day, me and a few others were herded into the cafeteria where they had computers on fold-up tables and metal chairs. They were just looking for bodies to fill chairs who could type.
Pros
The didn't care what you did
Cons
They didn't care what anybody did
Growing Finance department
Credit Specialist/Billing Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNOctober 10, 2018
The company was a growing company and it was interesting to watch the expansion in staff and management. Finance was expanded as it developed and it was enlightening to be part of that growth. First time through an ISO certification. Lead the continuous improvement team.
Pros
Sound working environment
Cons
Not a lot of room for advncement in Finance
Productive, a place to learn & grow, everyone is so welcoming
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 6, 2018
I enjoyed my time at StandardAero. I was contracted for 6 months but everyone treated me like a full time employee, very willing to share information, welcome me into employee clubs/groups, advise me on career development. They do run lean but will hire help based on workload demands. The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture, felt like everyone was family, at least I experienced this as i was hired during the holidays.
Pros
team culture, knowledge sharing, welcoming atmosphere
Cons
frequent lay offs
Benefits were amazing.
Robotic Plasma Coating Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2018
Good company to work for. Great benefits. But coworkers don't seem to focus on their own jobs at hand. And tend to turn in each other in. Whether a policy is broken or not. The accused are usually written up or fired without meeting with you. And investigate without keeping you in the loop. Before you know it you're being escorted out right before a holiday weekend. Management and HR need work on people skills. Unless you know someone or family that's higher up, your set. I gave 15 plus years of dedication. Only to be let go. But I will say I learned quite a bit in my position. And will apply what I learned elsewhere. Overall the company is great in most aspects and take care of their employees. And are always striving to be a better company every year.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Not enough communication between Management and employees.
good place to work
A&P Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OHJuly 29, 2018
Good company to work for good working conditions and pay is very competitive . They offer a profit sharing. and match 401k up to 4% I am just looking to get back to line maintenance
Cons
Tired of the drive to Sharonville

Ask a question about working or interviewing at StandardAero. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight