STANDEX

STANDEX Employee Reviews

STANDEX insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction

Interesting work

Interesting work, a bit hectic. high variety of projects and tasks so that a person can learn quite a bit. Attention to detail is required. fast-paced environment.

Pros

4-day work weeks

Cons

longer hours

Production Driven Company

Things might be different in 2021. However prior to 2021 company was more concerned with production of parts than they were about quality of parts. Therefore quality department was under constant pressure to pass or defend not passing non compliant parts.

Pros

Great co.workers

Cons

Stressful environment

Needs change!

Working at Standex was something I was so excited for but when I was hired, it was for a job that didn’t even need to be filled. I worked under someone who didn’t really need me as well as didn’t give me any direction. HR, at the time, was not much help either. I think it could have been a better opportunity had I been working in a role they actually needed.

Pros

Great office space, friendly staff, time off

Cons

Management and culture

A Great Place to Learn

Standex is a great place to learn. There are many projects and opportunities where challenges and problems are presented which provide great learning experiences.

Looking beyond tomorrow?

A forward thinking company. Surround by highly talented and motivated-to-succeed colleagues. Opportunity to learn and advance your knowledge of some of the worlds most advanced market products.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Great Place to Broaden Experiences

Working at Standex provides exposure to a wide variety of experiences, opportunities, and responsibilities. The combination of both entrepreneurial teams and corporate support creates a truly unique environment. Supporting our customers' diverse needs make every day engaging.

Good Place to Work

Enginetics in Huber Heights, OH has a great workforce. I look forward to coming to work each day. The company is getting new business and there is opportunity for people who start on the floor to move into other disciplines.

Markets and our team

The manufacturing processes we do here are unlike any other in this field. The aviation, aerospace, energy and defense markets we serve are a fun challenge and we get to make very unique parts in these fields. Our team is some of the best people to work with. The knowledge of our team allows myself to learn on a daily basis.

Interesting and challenging manufacturing environment

Niche company that spin forms, heat treats, and machines large scale parts. Interesting and challenging manufacturing environment. Definitely need to be self sufficient as the small quantity employee size is not very conducive to team projects. Daily interaction with world leading customers such as United Launch Alliance, Boeing, Blue Origin and more is a plus.

Challenging

Spincraft specializes producing challenging spun parts. We do not do the simple. The work can be difficult but the people here know the importance of solving problems, together as a team is best. The satisfaction comes in knowing that we make the things that few others want to because of the challenges that such parts bring.

Opportunity.

It was a great place to work many years ago, the opportunity to move up in the company was there. Now it seems you have to have a degree, a piece of paper to tell you, you are qualified. Knowledge and years of experience do not seem to matter anymore. If you just want to earn a living this is the place. if you want to learn more and move up in the company you better already have a degree in something, does not matter what, just a degree.

Enginetics

Enginetics is a good place to work. I enjoy working with the great people here. The location and work hours are suitable and work well with my life and home.

My job at Spincraft.

My work is fast paced and varied. I have daily and weekly tasks that I must do, but I am able to schedule my time for the most part. My boss trusts me and allows me the flexibility to make many decisions, and at the same time wants to be informed of major decisions or expenditures. I have learned how to manage union workers and gain their respect and cooperation.

A solid company with great leadership

STANDEX is a solid company with a great CEO that provides clear and concise leadership. During the beginning of the COVID outbreak, our leadership team took immediate action to assure the safety and well-being of all employees. In many cases, their actions were ahead of federal/state provided guidelines. Just a small example to show that STANDEX cares!

Free for all once hired

Zero accountability for employees. Too many individuals with "Manager" title that do not support the role they hold nor deserve the pay. Too many overworked individuals that can not support their own roles and chronically disappoint customers.

I would definately recommend working for Standex. They look towards the future!

I enjoy and love the job I've done over the years. I did miss not being included when changes made that pertained to my job. Training keeps us in the loop. I am sure they felt it wasn't necessary. A fifteen minute training session with visual etc. can go a long way. Going forward hopefully they will incorporate training for all and keep all up to date. All the employees here are friendly and hard workers. The hardest part of the job is completing on time. The best part of the job is knowing you participated in the end results.

Opportunity

Opportunities Abound: "Challenging" work in this aerospace field offers a rare opportunity to gain valuable skills and opportunities for advancement in the Aerospace Industry. On the job training in addition to College/Educational cost reimbursement is available for any who are driven to excel to higher levels.

Resources/People Needed

With the COVID reduction in workforce, it's straining and stressful remaining personnel to make up for lost personnel. there are departments that can't keep up and are stretched too thin.

We help rockets and planes fly

Unique business at the intersection of metalforming and the leading edge of the aerospace industry. Best parts of the job are close collaboration with customers to understand and solve their engineering challenges and day-to-day problem solving in a small close-knit team. The work is fast-changing and requires comfort with ambiguity but offers fast pace of development with good mentorship opportunities.

Spincraft ETG - boldy going where others haven't

Brilliant place to work. Pushing the technology envelop forward with spin forming technology. No 2 days are the same. Where else can you say you are putting items at the bottom of the ocean or into space?

Standex is a rewarding challenging place to work

the work is challenging but rewarding. management is confident in by abilities and allows be to work independently knowing that i give it my 100% every day. The culture is "open" in that management is approachable and understands that people are the most important asset in the organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STANDEX. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• STANDEX