Stanford Health Care
Information from Stanford Health Care:

Stanford Health Care Employee Reviews

United States467 reviews
Great work community
Everyone is very helpful. Salaries are competitive. There is always extra training available. There are many different areas available to work in. It is difficult to live near work due to high cost of living. Commuting to work can be frustrating.
Very thorough on-boarding process
Extremely rewarding job, many challenges to increase experience and skills. Worked on a variety of new programs in nursing and interprofessional education.
Stanford invests in its employees. The management and leadership are very supportive and flexible.
Getting hired and onboarded at Stanford was challenging, but since then it’s been wonderful. One of the best companies I’ve worked for. My experience might be particular to my department, but I’ve never heard anyone complain in six years I’ve been there.
leveling up
Great place to learn and andvance, the company is intavating growing and highly recommended for great care. People come from out the country for care. They offer confidence and encouragement to their employees
Love shc
This was my dream job and couldn't have worked for a better hospital . The Bay Area was just too expensive and the commute was way to long to contemplate for me.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Great place to learn
I have gained so much knowledge contracting a few months at Stanford health care in the OR department. Great staff and team work when it came to big projects and problem solving.
People
Coworkers are very kind and friendly. Everyone is very helpful so I enjoy rotating through all my clinical rotations. It's pretty busy but I like the workflow.
Great Company with High Pay (helps due to high cost of living)
Really great world renowned company to work for. I was able to learn a lot due to the teaching/resident population but that also took away from some of my time in the operating room - so keep that in mind. Always seeing the most difficult cases due to Stanford getting complex referrals. Able to treat more common cases as well. Pay is FANTASTIC, but cost of living is very high as well. Benefits, location and staff are great - ideal work environment!
Productive and friendly environment.
Like the work with Alaris 8100 pump, Alaris 8015 PCU, Alaris 8110 Syringe, Alaris 8120 PCA, Covidien Kangaroo ePump, and Covidien Kendall SCD 700 Series. I enjoyed contacting the manufacturer and asked if equipment is still on warranty, asking for RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization), discover further on how to be more efficient to test and troubleshoot medical equipment, friendly environment and employees. Overall, enjoyed working as a biomedical engineer.
Housekeeping assitant rotating specialist
It feels good working at Stanford hospital, because you have the opportunity to help sick people,
You get to clean their areas and rooms so they can heal faster, and

Make patients and visitors feel like they are at their own home.
There is diversity BUT not in the upper positions. Management and higher positions are mostly whites.
Management is rude and not sympathetic towards nurses. I worked there 18 years and on my last day before relocating to a different state. My peers all said goodbye and management did not even say thank you for all the years of work.
Hands on training
My role was exciting when I first started, then got very monotonous. There was no room for growth, but that might just be due to the position. I did not find it encouraging to learn beyond the job.
Politics
Watch your back at all times. The supervisors and shift leads are not trustworthy. Coworkers will get each other in trouble, all the time, to get themselves out of trouble. Team members will suck up to leads,supervisors, and managers to get out of having to do as much work as others. It's all about politics and who you are aligned with. If the supervisor or lead doesn't care too much for you, your workday will be long and difficult.
Innovative and compassionate
Great team work. Highly rewarding. Combines highest level of technology with best in compassion and patient care. Clear goals and incentives. Leads to the top in every field.
Good pay but micromanaged
Your always looking over your shoulder. Good pay and benefits they call it working for Stanford the golden handcuffs. There is hardly any room for error. Patient is always right
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Micromanaged
a very good working enviroment
Management supported the employee in terms of training and compensation.
Having a good working enviroment.

With a diversified co worker of different culture.

Working flexible hours.
Great hospital
Really helpful and warm inviting staff. Everyone seems to try and pitch in and help. I worked there over 6 months as a traveler. Yes you will float but not a whole bunch,
Great culture and staff
Loved this organization since I started there in 1986. Started in a staff level Biomedical Technician in 86 and navigated my career through Certification and now management and could not have loved my time there any more.
Work Environment
Work environment is so so. Lots of young and enthusiastic coworkers, with young management. Job environment consists of some
micromanaging and work can sometimes be divided among staff unequally.
Stanford
Stanford has a lot of growth within the ECC, however since i got a job within an agency i dont get paid well, i get pais less to do the same job other employees do for more money
workplace
Managment was horrible, She did not know what do to most of the time. The staff would take advantage, was there for a short period of time. Excellent and caring doctors and freindly staff.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanford Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Stanford Health Care.