Stanford Health Care Employee Reviews

Enjoy working here!
Food Service Associate/ Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 5, 2018
Enjoy working at Stanford, Energetic People, workplace culture is fantastic!
Hardest part of my job is sometimes seeing certain patients through out the day.
all around customer service for medical care
CA/MA (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 5, 2018
greet patients
checking in
vitaled
follow up on patients medical record
checked out patient with up coming appointment

answered phones
assisted MDs, nurses, coworkers
Pros
learned alot working here
Traveling Registered Nurse
Traveling Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 2, 2018
Traveling Registered Nurse that enjoyed my experience. The staff environment had team effort and worked well together. Many opportunities to learn and advance my skills
Management Doesn't Care About Their Employees
Clinic Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 25, 2018
Unfortunately it seems like all of my male coworkers are quickly promoted and advanced while the female employees take much longer to be promoted. The managers also tend to turn employees on each other instead of encouraging teamwork. I was constantly assigned non-promotional work that needed to get done but was not the type of work that allows someone to climb the career ladder. I also noticed that the majority of non-promotional work is assigned to the female staff while the male staff is assigned more meaningful assignments. There's also a lot of turnover in management so you're constantly being assigned new supervisors; sometimes without anyone even notifying you.
Pros
Good health benefits, beautiful campus, great coworkers
Cons
Management, Salary increases of only 2-3% annually, When you're promoted the max salary increase is only 5%
Great benefits
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 23, 2018
Was a good place to work and advance your career, it is a very large hospital and a lot of staff to work with may not be a match for everyone. But considered one of the best hospitals in the bay area.
Pros
Great salary and benefits.
Not To Good for My Department
Customer Service Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 23, 2018
Though I realize all companies have pros and cons, I would seriously, seriously advise against hiring out at th department I just left. There is a reason there are 3-4 openings per week - TURNOVER. Horrible supervisors, lack of knowledge, fear for your job if you do anything 'incorrectly'. Do Not Recommend.
Pros
HR Benefits
Great Teaching Hospital But No Career Advancement
Nursing Assistant II & Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 20, 2018
Stanford has been an awesome teaching hospital. However, the opportunity for career advancement lacks. They are quick to hire outsiders before taking care of their own, even after working there for over 10 years. Doesn't make you feel valued as an employee. Benefits are good but could be better. They offer no incentives to stay longer. Turnover rates are high. Lots of micromanagement which creates a stressful work environment. If you're coming from UCSF or Samuel Merritt, then you're automatically favored.
Pros
Free meals during holidays.
Cons
Shortage, no career advancement, micromanagement
Loved working for Stanford
Revenue Cycle/ Customer Service Billing (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 12, 2018
I enjoyed my team. I would rather work with patients directly instead of the phones only. The health benefits can be better. My team was very helpful. I had no issues with management.
Pros
Wonderful pay
Cons
Call center needs a lot of work
Excellent
Automation Engineer/ Performance Tester (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAOctober 9, 2018
It was an excellent experience with stanford health care.
I didnt experience a typical dya at work because I mostly enjoy my work.
The management was very good in the Stanford Health Care.
great place for new grad to develop skills and abilities
Staff Nurse IV on Medical (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAOctober 6, 2018
I started as a new grad, and, over the years achieved every professional goal I set out for. Lots of support for staff learning and development. Poor communication skills in some departments which can be stressful.
Pros
staff development and education
Cons
short breaks; poor communication with many managers
Great Company
Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, CASeptember 24, 2018
Stanford Health Care is an amazing place to work. They care about both their patients and employees and do their best to make sure we were happy and compensated well. They took serious our wants / needs and adjusted accordingly.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
Constant procedural changes
Work Place
Housing Keeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 21, 2018
I enjoyed my duration at Stanford. It would've been nice to have different hours. My hours varied and did work for me at the time. I would like to go back to Stanford as a full time employee.
Awesome place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 21, 2018
Great culture, most staff are respectful to one another. Very friendly atmosphere, kitchen has good selections of food, helping out the patients is always rewarding.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Shift work can be long and tiring
N/a
Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 5, 2018
Working for SHC has it's up and downs just like any big company depending on the department and it's culture.

I've been in positions where you are promoted quickly and other's where you feel invisible.
Newark Call Center
Ecc acess operator (Former Employee) –  Newark, CASeptember 4, 2018
If you like micromanaging from leads and management great place to work. They employ temps to keep cost down. Temps make $19-22 a hour while perm employees make anywhere from $28-31 . You answer 100+ calls each day. Don't you dare have to use the bathroom you will need to explain why you are not logged into phone tree. Leads refuse to speak to upset patients. Also do not want employes to notify patients they are calling into a call center.
Great health care company to work for, minus the office politics
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAAugust 29, 2018
It's been a great time working for the company with the various people of different cultures, behaviors, and perspectives. It's not until you reach the more administrative side where you encounter the office drama/politics. You never know if someone will put in a bad situation just to make them look better.
fun workmates
Patient Companion (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 15, 2018
i learned a lot from stanford. i became more patient with my patients.
management is okay. didnt worked really well with my manager, i felt like she wasnt after my career growth for denying my tuition reimbursement with the books i bought which is related to the job i was doing, denied my tuition for going back to school for phlebotomy. the hardest part of my job was that patients are so demanding they see stanford as a hotel and not a hospital. the most enjoyable part about this job is that people you work with are helpful.
Pros
free caltrain ride all year round
Cons
you pay for parking when you work AM shift!
no comment
Sr. Project Manager, Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAAugust 10, 2018
Overall Stanford is a good place to work just not in IT. so at this time I decline to post a review only adding comments to meet the requirement to move through the application process.
productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 9, 2018
Stanford offered a great environment for you to work at. very friendly staff and always urging you to peruse further education. showed staff appreciation
Fun & productive
operation manager II (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 8, 2018
Great place to work with great people and science that is ever changing to keep us wanting more. The knowledge of helping patients and their families is an incentive enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanford Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight