Stanford Health Care Employee Reviews

Work Place
Housing Keeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 21, 2018
I enjoyed my duration at Stanford. It would've been nice to have different hours. My hours varied and did work for me at the time. I would like to go back to Stanford as a full time employee.
N/a
Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 5, 2018
Working for SHC has it's up and downs just like any big company depending on the department and it's culture.

I've been in positions where you are promoted quickly and other's where you feel invisible.
Newark Call Center
Ecc acess operator (Former Employee) –  Newark, CASeptember 4, 2018
If you like micromanaging from leads and management great place to work. They employ temps to keep cost down. Temps make $19-22 a hour while perm employees make anywhere from $28-31 . You answer 100+ calls each day. Don't you dare have to use the bathroom you will need to explain why you are not logged into phone tree. Leads refuse to speak to upset patients. Also do not want employes to notify patients they are calling into a call center.
Great health care company to work for, minus the office politics
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAAugust 29, 2018
It's been a great time working for the company with the various people of different cultures, behaviors, and perspectives. It's not until you reach the more administrative side where you encounter the office drama/politics. You never know if someone will put in a bad situation just to make them look better.
fun workmates
Patient Companion (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 15, 2018
i learned a lot from stanford. i became more patient with my patients.
management is okay. didnt worked really well with my manager, i felt like she wasnt after my career growth for denying my tuition reimbursement with the books i bought which is related to the job i was doing, denied my tuition for going back to school for phlebotomy. the hardest part of my job was that patients are so demanding they see stanford as a hotel and not a hospital. the most enjoyable part about this job is that people you work with are helpful.
Pros
free caltrain ride all year round
Cons
you pay for parking when you work AM shift!
no comment
Sr. Project Manager, Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAAugust 10, 2018
Overall Stanford is a good place to work just not in IT. so at this time I decline to post a review only adding comments to meet the requirement to move through the application process.
productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 9, 2018
Stanford offered a great environment for you to work at. very friendly staff and always urging you to peruse further education. showed staff appreciation
Fun & productive
operation manager II (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 8, 2018
Great place to work with great people and science that is ever changing to keep us wanting more. The knowledge of helping patients and their families is an incentive enough.
Pays better than most places
Lab Assistant III Microbiology (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAAugust 5, 2018
Stanford pays better than most labs. There is usually room to move and advance your career. The benefits aren't bad and they invest heavily in public transportation for their employees.
Pros
Good pay, room to move
Cons
Worse red tape than most places.
Great people to work with
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 26, 2018
I love working with my co-workers, really great clinic and team that we have, I just feel like i need a change in my work duties, i need to be chalanged and feel that i have the need to move up in my team but it has been taking a long time to do so.
Pros
Fun time with co-workers
Cons
Need more of a change
Stanford has been a Awesome place to work for. It has taught me to grow and constantly learn. I highly commend working at this fine institution.
Patient Access Representative Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 11, 2018
A typical day at work involves multiple in person interactions with sick patients, their family or friends, and a variety of staff. I work with doctors, nurses, unit secretaries, security, technicians, and guest services. I've been working in an ER setting for the last 18 years, and absolutely love my job today as much as I did 18 years ago.
Pros
Flexibility with work schedules.
Cons
High turn over.
Ok place to work
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 2, 2018
Working at Stanford helped me understand the customer service side of security and my first experience of Psychiatric care at US Hospitals. Due to staff shortages and inefficient use of resources it was often hard to get breaks which is especially important in the stationary posts. Often hard even to get a bathroom break which was sometimes uncomfortable. Stanford is a busy hospital which claims that customer service is paramount but money seems to be the most important thing and now that I work at a county hospital I can see the difference and appreciate the county hospital much more. I did not enjoy processing deceased patients into and out of the hospital morgue but did enjoy getting to know some of the staff and visitors and helping them when I could.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Hard to get breaks and managers give you a hard time if you bring this to their attention
Excellent place to work
Assistant Patient Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 29, 2018
-Supportive
-Innovative
-High Acuity
-Difficult and work like balance
-Organized
The hardest part of the job was attempting to get employees used to all the changes.
The pros- great opportunities for advancement
Pros
Advancement
Cons
poor ability to balance work/life
Very family oriented environment to work in
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 23, 2018
Besides the benefits..chance of growth is very limited. Better incentive would be a way to motivate staff . Better cost of living incentives than promised
Pros
Get to take breaks according
Cons
Sometimes have to work extraordinarily for short staff
Hi Pressure place to work
Manager, IT Vendors (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 20, 2018
This was a contract position so the amount of work was excessive. Lots of pressure to get things done quickly no matter what the cost. difficult management.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Stressful
Great place
Medical assistant/administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 18, 2018
Stanford is a wonderful place to work for. I would love to retire here. Staff were all sweet and very pleasant to be around. Simply, a very positive atmosphere.
The hospital use to be the most prestigious hospital in the world
HMO Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 30, 2018
Stanford hospital was once the most prestigious hospitals in the world until they stated hiring unskillful worker because they could speak a certain language or had a different last name, the hospital does look like a equal playing field anymore, The compensation and benefits are great. there's room for job security and advances, Management is not that great the company is to top heavy. Too many bosses walking around doing nothing while the administrative staff and the little people do all of the work. overall the hospital is better than okay place to work,
Pros
Descent pay
Cons
Need less management
Overall, good place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 22, 2018
SHC is a good place to work. It's a fast paced environment that requires everyone to problem solve and think logically. Work/Life balance can be challenging during intense periods but that is expected in health care.
Pros
Good pay and great 403B matching
Cons
Work/Life balance challenges
An internationally recognized hospital system and teaching institute
Director of Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 21, 2018
Stanford Hospital and Clinics | Palo Alto
An internationally recognized hospital system and teaching institute known as a global healthcare destination.
An Intern's Perspective
Summer College Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 8, 2018
I worked with multiple teams where the work culture was extremely helpful and friendly. I found that the departments I worked with were always doing their best to help out one another and people kept networking and trying to be everyone's friends. The positive vibe from there makes me want to return there in the future as I develop as a more professional employee.
Pros
Positive and Caring Work Culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanford Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss