Stanford University Employee Reviews

An incredibly professional environment.
Guest Research Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CADecember 14, 2017
I cannot disclose much, due to NDA, but that's probably the only negative thing about working at, with, and for Stanford and it's faculty. The environment, resources, and faculty are top-notch.
Fun Environment
Recreation Services (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 11, 2017
Fun environment but difficult to advance. Lot's of social interaction, learned a lot about customer service. Pay Rate for part-time is excellent but hard to move from part-time to full-time if you don't have a master's degree.
Hard to do better if you're gonna work for a school.
Art Media Technologist, Dept. of Art (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CADecember 9, 2017
Worked at Stanford the entire time I lived in the Bay Area. It helped that my department was great, but you'd have to be a serious grouch not to be able to appreciate how well Stanford takes care of its employees. And it's a ludicrously beautiful campus. It's a big place and institutional knowledge takes a while to acquire. But people stay here a long time and it's because it's hard to do better out there.
Pros
Good benefits, Good pay for a university, You'll be surrounded by smart people who care about what they do.
Cons
Sometimes difficult to navigate cross-departmental conversations.
Excellent working environment
Finance Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CADecember 5, 2017
Everyone is proud to work at Stanford University. People with diversified culture background and different religions, treat each other with respect. Tremendous career advancement opportunities.
Center of Excellence
Staff Nurse, Neuro/Trauma/Medical Surgical ICU (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 4, 2017
Stanford Hospital opened the door for me to gain knowledge and receive training in the are of trauma nursing. It is also a center for nursing excellence and has been awarded Magnet status
Pros
Excellent Place for Learning
Cons
Management not always supportive
Excellent place with lots of interesting people to work with and learn from...
Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CADecember 4, 2017
It was a very rewarding experience due to being given such important responsibilities of auditing all patient complaints. I worked with managers and patient reps to better feedback input data as well as worked with IT department to build internal interfaces for different software database platforms. Management was very supportive and helpful. Hardest part of the job was managing the expectations of others while most enjoyable was accomplishments in the same area. Coaching and educating the staff was really rewarding.
Pros
quite office, flexibility with hours.
Cons
older facility lacked privacy and office environment.
undervalued employees
Family Partner (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 1, 2017
really nice people though can seem competitive this place has a great mission being strength based although the value many people desire working long hours is void.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
breaks and lunches are often non existence due to the busy climate
Great supervisor
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 29, 2017
I had a short term contract position with Stanford. My supervisor is the best one I have every worked for. I have learned so much from her within a very short time period.
Pros
Workload there was very heavy, It required to adjust calendar conflicts constantly.
Cons
Great Supervisor
I was able to advance my career in the 11 years I worked there.
Assistant Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 22, 2017
I worked as an Construction Project Manager for the University. I was able to advance and learn in my position. I enjoyed my position and worked hard at it.
Pros
Learned a lot and advanced
Cons
No control over work load..
Fun place to work, but not able to compete with market
Senior Student Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  On CampusNovember 19, 2017
Stanford is a great place to work if you don't mind living far away because you can't afford to live nearby. The benefits and perks are pretty good, but the pay can't compete with the private marketplace.
Fun
Stanford dinning halls (Former Employee) –  AshleeNovember 17, 2017
Good working experience. And a better learning experience as well. Going throughout the day was great experience. Cooking, preparing food and cleaning tables, and cashier work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lots of cleaning
Great Environment
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 16, 2017
If you like a fast pace yet non rushed place to work with excellent benefits that offers diversity in every way possible then you would truly appreciate what Stanford Offers
Stanford School of Medicine was a awesome place to work
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 16, 2017
I supported 3 different doctors and fields in the School of Medicine. All 3 Doctors were different but always kind to those of us who worked around them. They were always willing to teach you something they were working on, as well as open to my help.
Great work environment and a place where you feel you are making a difference.
Pros
Intelligent working staff.
Cons
Very slow getting things done. People work at their own pace.
productive and exciting work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 15, 2017
The workplace culture was great, everyone was friendly with each other and the relationships in the office were good. It was a research-based job and the work was fun and exciting. You got to interact with lots of people coming in and out and the work was beneficial for all.
Pros
relationship building, learning new skills, fun times
Cons
strenuous physial work
Good palce to work
Medical Assistant/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 15, 2017
Its a very balanced place to work in with a lot learning and career growth opportunities. It has a great work culture and a good set of employees. Management is good and appreciates your work
Great Place to work
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 15, 2017
Very fast paced environment. Everyone very knowledge-able and willing to take time to make sure they answer your questions regarding the work. Very patient while you come up to speed of the daily duties.
It ok
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 11, 2017
great people to work with and enjoy the students connections. at the same time felt the upper management dint care about the little people or the backbone of the work place(dish room/janitorial/servers)
Nice environment to work in
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAOctober 31, 2017
Stanford is a good environment to work in. The benefits are good, and the workplace is friendly. The only downsides are the commute and the high cost of living nearby.
Productive and multicultural workplace
Life Science Research Professional II (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAOctober 25, 2017
Since its academia I did not find a balance of work life in research. But working at Stanford is a great experience. If there is a good work life balance its a best place to work.
Great Experience
Executive (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAOctober 25, 2017
Very stimulating and rewarding environment. Extremely fast paced, but there were great rewards that came with it. Stanford is an amazing place, you are surrounded by extremely smart and ambitious people that make you feel excited about being part of the workplace.