Stanford University

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Stanford University Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Medical Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMarch 21, 2019
Great place to work Management is not very fair and could improve a lot with employees and how they teach their employees. You have to use your PTO for what should be pay holidays. Their is no sick leave
Pros
provide uniforms
Cons
short breaks, use pto for holidays
Harrassed and Discriminated
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 13, 2019
I felt harassed and discriminated against by my manager and by her being openly disrespectful to me in the presence of my co-workers, it gave them permission to treat me the same way.
Pros
Beautiful campus and lots of perks
Beautiful place to work with great benefits
HR (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 8, 2019
Lots of great perks/benefits for all staff and the campus is a beautiful place to work. Not much opportunity for advancement, but that is highly dependent on which department you work in. Complex/cumbersome systems and very bureaucratic, making it hard to get new ideas pushed through quickly.
Can’t afford to raise a family
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAMarch 7, 2019
I loved my job at Stanford but I left because the pay was not enough to cover childcare and the cost of loliving in the Bay Area. It’s sad that even with a Ph.D you are not paid a wage that can support a family.
Pretty good
Web & Media Intern (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 27, 2019
Able to work remotely, was never physically really at the laboratory but it still worked out since there was fluid communication between both parties at all times.
Most money ever made but not enough to afford rent in Bay Area.
Lead Cook/Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 24, 2019
Fun to feed young geniuses. Tuition assistance program. Week managers.

Great to work with fresh food in graduate business school. Quality of food purchased for undergraduate dining is far inferior. Also, no creativity in menu unless ingredients for planned menu items are missing.
Pros
2 classes a year in continuing studies. Take whatever interests you in the catalog
Cons
Management always unhappy and nervous. This rubs off on everyone else.
Graduate school
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAFebruary 20, 2019
Top-notch faculty who are at the forefront of their research. The graduate school programs are supportive and flexible, allowing you to choose a lab outside of the department.
Are we not in Silicon Valley?
Academic l Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2019
For an online high school in the Silicon Valley I would assume that Stanford Online High School would be a bit more in touch with the times. Seems like there is a culture of doing things in the same way for no reason other then that’s the way that it’s been done in the past that seems to be lingering around.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
Compensation
good
Medical Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 8, 2019
Office Organization & Administration Admission Patient Screening
Excellent Customer Service Skills Harassment Training Bi-Lingual (Spanish) Fluent ,
Great Stepping Stone
Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAFebruary 7, 2019
I started working at Stanford at a very young age and without a college degree. I worked there for a little under seven years and grew so much not only personally but also professionally. I learned things that you can't learn in school, dealt with all types of people/clients. I had access to an immense amount of resources. They pay could be better, they use their benefits package to make up for the lack of pay I should say. Not terrible pay however, the amount of work and hours put in deserves more compensation. That's why I sat it's a great stepping stone, you learn what you can and when another opportunity arises with better pay and a higher position you take it. I'd recommend Stanford anytime.
Vernieuwende omgeving om in te werken
Manager Operations & Sales (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara County, CAFebruary 7, 2019
Leuke tijd, helaas te snel afgelopen, bijzondere omgeving
Team focused environment
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAFebruary 4, 2019
The employees care about each other and provide excellent patient care. Maintaining good health at Stanford as a whole matters and they achieve this through teamwork and creating a positive work environment.
Decade worth of work
Digital Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAFebruary 1, 2019
Nice scenery and supportive co-workers, but you're there just to fulfill the task your hired for, so don't see any extra effort as a source of advancement. Management is not transparent, so low morale.
Benefits
Cons
Work culture
post doc
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  School of MedicineJanuary 30, 2019
I loved my experience as a post doc. The supervisors are very knowledgable and it was a good experience of an academic hospital. There is a lot of autonomy and you get to choose who and what you want to work on.
Pros
training
Cons
cost of living; long hours
I love stanford
Electrician Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJanuary 29, 2019
support teaching and research. I've learned many things here at Stanford, the things i will always keep are, patients, awareness and get the job done the first time the right way.
Administrative Services (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 28, 2019
The workplace culture is great, people are outstanding, lots of work life balance classes to take. Overall an outstanding place to work.
They offer training incentives, courses online, opportunities to train in other locations, work from home and other great perks.
Pros
Benefits are outstanding and work life balance
Cons
no cons
Great company to work for.
Summer Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJanuary 23, 2019
The research is intensive, but there is a great deal of collaboration among the faculty members and the student researchers.
Great seasonal job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJanuary 23, 2019
The management could've been a lot better honestly. Not many of my co-workers spoke English, well so being bilingual is definitely a plus. I got to learn a lot about cooking.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Very good place for developing skills.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 23, 2019
Best people I worked with.
Serious work, different fields where you can become better, team was great, a lot of understanding and help when you need it, respect for the others.
Pros
Stanford team
Cons
Parking
Consultant for edTPA scheduling my own schedule
edTPA National Academy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJanuary 19, 2019
I was trained by Stanford, but am an independent consultant who schedules trainings and charges for them independently. I can have continued refresher trainings as well as trainings for new and updated information.
Pros
Schedule your own trainings
Cons
Difficult to find Colleges that need the training