Stanford University Employee Review

View all Stanford University reviews

The Health Care & University Environment Were Empowering
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stanford Uinversity, Palo Alto, Ca.May 2, 2014
The first day I stepped on to the grounds of Stanford University I felt extremely blessed and just knew I was poised to be more than I was prior to becoming an employee. The senior leadership promoted individual contributions, and invested in my growth from an Emotional Intelligence perspective, constantly grooming me to become a visionary and a leader. I also loved the attention to spirituality and meditation.

My immediate manager did not hold the same values as the senior leadership; under that leadership my confidence was constantly tested and my decisions were undermined. That person was the hardest part of working for Stanford. I truly feel that without that person's presence stifling my growth, I would have reached a higher level of visibility at the University based on my likability, creativity, and strong ability to build meaningful relationships.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Stanford Technical Leadership Program I successfully completed, and had begun applying all of what I had learned to personal time management, and in the coaching and developing of the union staff that reported to me. There was so much opportunity for growth until I was rarely bored.

It is because of Stanford University that I am thriving in this new post employment venture I embarked up in social networking and radio. I will be forever grateful for all I learned, and my time spent there.
Pros
Relationships, Investment in development, Encouraged Individuality, Valued The Theme of a Balanced LIfe, Great Pay
Cons
Immediate Management Auditing, Immediate Management Separating themselves from obligatory responsiblities to devlope managers

Other Stanford University Employee Reviews

Exciting projects
Machine Learning Researcher (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 15, 2018
At Stanford University, I have had an opportunity to work with incredible people on exciting projects, to learn a lot and build bioinformatics expertise. Management takes care of people in the group and leads the group with their knowledge and experience.
Pros
Interesting proejct
Cons
No cons
nice pace
Residency & Fellowship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 9, 2018
Culture is very scholarly environment that encourages collaboration not only within the department but also other departments. Great benefits for all and an overall great place to work