Stanford University

Stanford University Employee Reviews

Productive and compassionate workplace.
Productive and compassionate workplace. Management encourages and is supporting of continued learning. There is also focus on personal health and well-being, which is important.
Lack of diversity
Poor Managemcnt
Poor communication

Favoritisms/ HR looks the other way

Lack of cultural awareness

Hard workers tend not to get promoted.

Not all employees are part of an union, so there’s no protection from abuses
Pros
Cons
The more money you have the better the care you receive
Professionalism is important
As an administrative assistant at Stanford University your job is to prioritize meeting faculty members' needs. It takes a lot of customer service skills to excel there.
Good pay defintely tolerable job
It was a good experience working at stanfords dining halls. They pay more and are fairly flexible on hours. Management depends on which dining hall you are sent to. Some managers are friendly and others not so much.
Diversity, diveristy, diversity
I have learned a lot, and still a lot to learn.
This company encourges colloborations between departments and labs.

Flixebile schedule is faily friendly to everyone.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Amazing research opportunities, professional development, and talented colleagues!!
Stanford University is an absolutely phenomenal academic and professional research institution. In terms of cutting edge research, access to some of the world's foremost authorities on a variety of subject matter, the beautiful campus, and California weather there really isn't a better place to work in academia or higher education. If you have the opportunity, work at Stanford!
A swell learning experience, company parties & good benefits
A typical day at work was unpredictable because it's a research laboratory. I sometimes would have several letters, memos, a couple
of reports to type and compile into final form. I worked for a group of physicists and electrical & electronic engineers. I definitely had a diverse staff to work for. I learned how some technical typing, i.e., typing formulas within a report for staff. Working at Stanford was in what you

would say in a "laid-back" environment, no time clock to punch, it was

not mandatory to report to work at 8:00am; the emphasis was mainly

getting your work done. The hardest part of the job sometimes when a

staff members would give me a letter, report, abstract to type & after

I had completed it, they would change their mind about what they first wrote and I would have to retype item all over again. I enjoyed meeting

a lot of people & became friends with quite a few. As a matter of fact up to two years ago, I would hear from one of my former bosses & his wife during the Xmas holidays.
Ok, depending on which unit you work in
Stanford has so much going for it... if it came together as one employer instead of a bunch of small ones. Also, please decide if talent or tenure is more important.
Great place to work enjoyed being employed there. Compensation and wages are excellent. Would definitely refer this company to others who seeking employment.
friendly coworkers
the job was a new experience as i had not previously worked in a medical facility, as such there were a host of new experiences and training required to safely operate in such an environment
Great place to work at
Great place to work, and it has a great work/life balance. Also, a lot of great benefits especially if you have kids. You can take grant for your kids education
Good place to work with a good work life balance
For people with young kids or older folks who need a work life balance situation, this is a good place to work. There is flexibility about working from home and commuting to work.
Productive and innovative workplace
As a staff mentor I worked for the Psychiatry and Behavioral Science Department where I advised 70 high school students as they participated in a summer program that introduced them to university environment and presented information in psychiatry and neuroscience. As the students participated in daily lectures on the cutting edge of psychiatry and neuroscience they worked in projects that would address a specific mental issues that was important to them.
Great Opportunity for people interested in law
It was great and fun but you don't get paid it is more educational. The people were absolutely amazing and I would give anything to go back. It was a summer internship.
Very political
Stanford is a not for profit organization. Due to this, they are very slow to hire and not very supportive of there employees.

While I was there our financial analyst left and I ended up doing their job as well as mine. A new analyst was not hired for 11 months. I left due to burnout.
Beautiful location.
A fast-paced team atmosphere. Constant learning and improving atmosphere.

Second stint over at the Stanford Barn with Lucille Packard Childrens Hospital Dell IT Group.
Nice environment, a great learning atmosphere, competitive, lots of nice people, many networking opportunities, Building a positive relationship, helping customers efficiently, in a friendly manner, listening, handling issues to the best of my ability and seeking help if needed to ensure the customers’ needs are met.
Excellent collaborative environment with lots of high powered labs
For a postdoctoral scholar, Stanford has a lot of internal funding opportunities, collaborative science that spans disciplines, and interesting, clinically focused research. It pays more than NIH minimum, but that is still thin in the Bay Area.
Table Tennis
Getting to board room conducting a morning meetings and start working in groups as classes would start later. Different topics are discussed from Human Rights, Democracy to leadership.
Great place to work. Great Benefits and good company culture. The organization is growing and providing wonderful resource to staff and patients. the new hospital is amazing.
good place for grad school
Good place to go for grad school, though your experience will depend a lot on the lab/research group. You get good scientific training with very talented people.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanford University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

73%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.