Stange Law Firm, PC

Stange Law Firm, PC Employee Reviews

United States67 reviews

firmattorneylawclientbalancebenefitopportunityyear

Good hours

I was able to get the hours I wanted. If I needed a day off It was easy to be approved. If you were part time you had to park down the street in a separate parking garage.

Pros

9-5 schedule

Cons

Parking down the street

They put the pressure on

I worked for this company as a legal assistant for a short time. They do not pay their staff well but have good medical. If you do not have a paralegal degree you get paid less to do the same amount of work as a paralegal. You are expected to be in at 9am yet if you don’t come in at 8:30 you won’t get your full 40 hours cuz you only get 30 min for lunch. You constantly are hounded to meet billable hours. The turnover rate for employees (attorneys and assistants) is astonishing. This place has a hard time keeping employees and I learned a few reasons why.

Pros

Good medical, business casual

Cons

Low pay, Billable hour quota, Constant zoom calls about AR and billables

Stange Law Firm, PC insights

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Do not work here!! They will waste your time.

The turnover is crazy high. From the day I started until my last day, approximately 1/3 of the attorneys were no longer working there. The rates they bill out to clients is insane and way too high. They will lie to you about the amount of work they have for you. I was told they had tons of work for me, which turned out to be true. You will not meet your billable hour requirements. Their bonus is next to impossible to obtain. You must meet your billable hours AND collect from your clients to get the bonus. They do not reimburse for mileage unless the client has money in their trust account. They micromanage like none other. My supervisor literally timed my lunch break one day. The benefits are horrible. The insurance is awful. They only give you 7 days of vacation your first year. This firm will waste your time and will be bad for your career. Do not work here under any circumstances.

Pros

None whatsoever. This firm has no redeeming qualities at all.

Cons

This firm is run by a clown that likes to hear himself talk.

A good starting job but don’t stay for more than six months

This place is a good place to start because they hire anyone so it’s easy to get a job, but you’re under paid and over worked. All they care about is billing their clients and making money. They pay minimum wage but expect you to work like you’re getting paid six figures. They do not care about their employees and believe EVERYONE is replaceable. They make part time employees park a block away and walk up to the building crossing the street twice because they don’t want to pay for parking underneath the building for everyone. The management group together in one office and gossip about other employees all day long. A good place to start for experience but do not think you will work here forever.

Pros

The other employees

Cons

The pay, higher ups, and morals of this company

Pay is low and not a lot of direction is given

They do not give you a lot of direction. You have better luck asking your coworkers for help. I asked for a raise and was replaced with a full time working two weeks later.

Fast paced & very friendly

I really enjoyed working here. There is always someone there to answer questions and they’ll never criticize you for not knowing. There is room for growth if you communicate with the supervisors.

Supportive supervisors and good work/life balance

Supportive supervisors and good work/life balance. Pay is very fair. Offices in several states. Would recommend for new attorneys and more experienced attorneys.

It hurts you reputation as an attorney to work here.

Any good review on here was written at the behest of the upper management. I have never known someone who left there without terrible feelings about the company. Judges and other attorneys treat you badly because of the firm’s reputation. The goal is to sign new clients and get that initial deposit. If they can’t pay any more, that’s your fault as their attorney. Most of the job is bill-collecting.

Pros

Health insurance

Cons

Everything else

Poor Employee Support Bad Management

typical workday: 7 am to 7 pmlearned: every meeting is the same, bill more hours to clientmanagment: non-supportive manage by fear and intimidationworkplace culture: non existant. the receptionist complained, the co-workers complained, tears and frustration (from both sexes)hardest part of the job: being up beat & supportive to coworkers, clients & management to no availenjoyble part of the job: I produced results, met hours and my clients loved me

Pros

being able to get out of office to drive to court

Cons

I had to terminate people (as a non manager) and the items listed above

Great culture

Very professional business with a great culture I enjoy my work and the people I get to work with on a daily basis. I would recommend working here to anyone if given the opportunity.

Good Opportunity for Growth

Positive work environment with room for growth and a consistent opportunity to expand knowledge. There are consistent challenges/adjustments but always a ready support system to overcome any hurdles.

Great place to grow and learn about family law, lots of professional development.

I have worked here for over a year and have grown and learned a lot, and have been promoted. The firm invests in its employees and wants to see them succeed and learn more.

Pros

Great benefits

Outdated perception of the legal assistant role in a law firm.

They do not pay enough and because of the competitive billable hours the legal assistant/paralegal is utilized as a glorified receptionist. They pay far below a livable wage and often only allow part time hours for legal assistants.

Pros

Free-time to study CLE on the clock.

Cons

Poor compensation, lack of delegated tasks, billable hour requirement that cannot be reached because they do not delegate enough work.

Horrible place to work.

Take advantage of employees and clients every chance they can. All they care about us the billable hour. Completely screw over the clients. Very high turn over rate for employees. Little to no training. Uncaring or incompetent management.

Pros

Cons

All of it. The endless meetings.

Unrealistic expectations

Capped at 20 hours a week, all about billable hours and expect full time work in a part time job. Very disorganized there isn’t much training expect to reach out to others for help.

Cons

4 hours work day

Just a body

In the short time I worked for Stange, there were 3 paralegals that were hired and quit. There were 5 attorneys that were hired and quit. The turnover rate makes this a miserable place to work. Also within the first week of working there, an attorney asked me to put a clients initials on their paperwork. I refused to do it. The ONLY thing that this firm cares about is billable hours to the clients. I sat in meeting that I didn’t need to be a part of to increase the amount they billed the clients. I have never worked for a place that was all about the money as much as this place.

Horrible experience & Unrealistic expectations

I worked her previously in the role and did a pretty good job. I was even awarded for my performance. I returned to the company almost two years later with much more experience and well versed in the field. Since I left the role, there were three people in it. This should have been a red flag, but I wanted to return to help out the company that gave me my start in the field while in college. I was overworked, talked to very rudely, and not respected. I worked long hours...even closed the office every night, and stayed loyal to the company to get positions filled despite not having a work life balance. I was committed and did not receive the same courtesy in return. The turnover is extremely high for a reason. If management doesn’t change, employees will continue to leave without notice. This is not a good company to stay at... eventually you will get your share of disrespect. Coming in to work everyday is like walking on pins and needles. You never know what to expect, or what mood management is in.

Pros

Cons

Respect, leadership, and culture

Wrong priorities

Oftentimes, the firm focuses solely on money at the expense of good representation for the client. The firm is constantly retaining cases to the detriment and mental stability of its attorneys.

Don’t work here.

There is zero job security. Within two months of my hire, they fired the attorney who was there when I started for not being able to keep up hours requirements. I was there for exactly 90 days when they fired me for the same thing. The thing is, they do not have the business in Oklahoma City to support their hours requirements (in my opinion, because they vastly overestimate the economy of this city with their high prices), so they will continue to run through employees who think they’re taking a job with some security but who will ultimately be terminated for failure to meet their requirements. I have never as a lawyer felt so much like the skeezy lawyer, over billing for mediocre services. The ONLY thing this firm cares about it retaining clients and once the dotted line is signed, the client is never thought of again. In my weekly case update meetings with my supervisor (over the phone as she was in Kansas—there is no in person direct supervision), her ONLY comments were ever to do with that clients accounts receivable and never anything substantive about the effective representation of that person. Because there is no in-state supervisor, you're often completely on your own to figure out the family law process, no matter your experience. Your only contact with the out of state supervisors will be their weekly diatribes via zoom about how they’re going to fire you if you don’t get your hours up (at least they are consistent to this point). So I was constantly stressed not only about the implications to my license because I was navigated uncharted waters unsupervised, but -

Pros

High salary

Cons

No job security, toxic environment, inability to offer competent representation due to lack of supervision

Diverse, inclusive, great place to work

Diversity and inclusion highly valued and demonstrated, including in faces of management. Great salary/wages and paid benefits. Friendly environment with helpful people. Many resources made available to increase knowledge and productivity. Opportunities to advance without archaic "tracks". Initiative and performance rewarded well, including through financial incentives.

Pros

Resposibility and growth opportunities, pay, diversity.

Cons

Not sure if this is a con, but high expectations for work quality in area of law where many do not have same expectations

Great Workplace

I am an attorney at Stange Law Firm, and working here has been a great experience. Since starting I have learned a lot of valuable information about practicing law and how to counsel and help my clients through the most important time of their lives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stange Law Firm, PC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.6
InHerSight Score
4.6Personal Development
4.8Career Opportunities
4.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight