Stanley Automotive Employee Reviews

The GM would yell at the staff and belittle them, and HR did nothing!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilmer, TXJanuary 29, 2019
I learned how to not treat my staff !!
Would not recommend anyone to work there !
Other staff was afraid to loose their job constantly, others just started way, two of the middle managers quit with no other job, when I reported the problem I was told I was no longer needed there...
Pros
Lunch on Saturday sometimes
February 22, 2019

The Stanley Auto Group has a written Professional Conduct and Prohibition Against Harassment policy . All employees are required to sign this policy upon hire and policy is covered in on-boarding process. Additionally, the company has an 800# which allows an employee to report any concerns. All concerns are thoroughly investigated and we strive to resolve all issues in a timely fashion. To the best of our knowledge, the issues mentioned in this review were not reported. We strive to create working environments that allow employees to be a contribution to themselves, their families, and the company. The comments presented in this review will be reviewed.

Internet Sales Manager
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brownfield, TXJanuary 23, 2019
Great place to work . The employees were not civilized at all... no morals no codes no respect... I really enjoyed working there. the hours were great ...
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
February 22, 2019

The Stanley Auto Group has a Professional Conduct and Prohibition Against Harassment policy that is signed and reviewed with all new hires. We also provide an 800# for employees to report issues which they feel have not been addressed at a local level. To the best of our knowledge, the issues mentioned in this review were never formally reported for investigation. We strive to resolve all issues in a timely fashion.

Horrible
Service Advisor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXDecember 8, 2018
Upper management is a joke at best. Corporate has NO CLUE. This company allows customers to yell, scream and throw things at employees and do nothing. They also allowed the service manager to miss NUMEROUS days, come in late constantly, and hide so that those irrate customers didn't have to be dealt with. Do not work for this company.
Pros
Cons
Upper management, Corporate, customers
March 18, 2019

Horrible corporate structure that will not pay you as agreed
General Sales Manager/Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastland County, TXDecember 5, 2018
I worked here for 6 months and it was the worst job experience of my life. First of all I was hired to do a position that I didnt get to start until I had been there for 5 months because they treat employees so poorly that no one ever stays. I was hired as a General Sales Manager and ended up doing the Finance Manager job instead. Once I finally got to do the job I was hired for I was told that my pay would continue as a it had since I hadnt had a chance to grow the store as I was brought in to do. After talking back and forth with the GM O was told my payplan would continue for the month of October. Until the final payday of the month hit and I got a pay voucher showing that I owed them $850 instead of the $5000 I was originally owed according to what I had been getting. After telling them if I wasnt paid I could no longer work for them, we agreed to pay me what I was expecting originally. Then as to help out the dealership renegotiated my pay from there on out. 1 day later I finally recieved my paycheck which at that point was already 2 days late. Come to find out they only paid me $2850 of the money we had agreed upon. So at this point I let my GM know I was no longer going to stay with the company. 12 days later I recieved my paycheck for the 10 days of November that I worked and of course it was a total of $1200 short from what was agreed upon. Please no matter how desperate you are right now for work do not waste your time here.
Pros
Good employees in store
Cons
Corporate thiefs, disrespectful, highly stressful enviroment
March 18, 2019

The Stanley Auto Group requires all employees to sign written pay plans and job descriptions to ensure there is complete clarity in pay and performance. Any additional agreements would also be in writing via email with an acknowledgement. We pride ourselves on ensuring people are paid according to the plan they have signed. Our awareness is that we paid exactly what was earned through the final day of work. When we have erred, we have corrected those error.

My time at Stanley
F&I Director (Former Employee) –  Kaufman, TXNovember 8, 2018
I was Finance Director in 11 and 12.It was a very good experience.
It was a great time to be in the car business. If I had the chance I would do it again.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
To much turnover
Bad pay
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXOctober 18, 2018
Payplans change to often. Meeting are held in Dallas every month, and you have to drive your vehicle and they do no reimburse you for the gas that you use.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
lovely company
Project Coordinator, Personal (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2018
i learned so much from stanley automotive and enjoyed my time working there. the company is close nit and run very well. the people there are pros at what they do.
Terrible upper management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXSeptember 24, 2018
This place is a mess!! The corporate office has basically ruined the Gatesville stores by constantly trying to reinvent the wheel. The management there is in constant turnover. And the left hand seldom knows what the right hand is doing. You get big city managers that try to come down to the small town dealerships and run them as if they were still in the big city. There is no loyalty either. When a company releases long term employees that are from the community and blaming those employees instead of looking at the failed business model of that company then theres a problem. Most of these stores are failing but they want to blame the store level employees instead of looking at themselves. Stay away from this comoany!! Bad pay and bad environment!!
P.S...Notice all the 5 Star reviews on here are from Corporate employees.. most like upper management.
Pros
Sales staff
March 18, 2019

The Stanley Auto Group strives to provide working environments that allow our employees to succeed and grow with the company. Unfortunately our organization is not a fit for everyone. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Great People with Great Opportunity
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2018
We are a family. Not perfect, but we care about each other and encourage all to bring their best to work.
We have great training for our new sales staff! Many of our new family members are finding great success in this industry.
Many opportunities for individuals to grow!
Our small environments allow us to know all our employees and work with them so they reach their goals!
We are continually working on communication and culture to provide great working environments in our 11 locations.
Pros
Owner Dedicated to Taking Care of his employees
Corporate Office with a Family Feel
Corporate Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2018
Stanley Automotive (Corporate) had been my work home for the past 5+ years. I can't imagine myself working any place else but here!

Some dealerships have been sold off, but we have added additional stores. We are continuously growing at our dealership level as well as our corporate staff level.
Pros
Coworkers are like Family
Fun coworkers
Sales (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXAugust 20, 2018
The people you work with are a blast. But as with any sales position it can be stressful. It says I have 60 more characters to go so I guess I'm just going to type this lol.
good place to work
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJune 20, 2018
was a good place work. you have to go though the levels you start at zero and go all the way to master tech. the online parts or easy. and they send you to dallas for the classroom. real good place to work
not a fun place to work, too much turn over
Special Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastland, TXJune 13, 2018
too much turn over and job description or how they wanted you to do things was always changing, one month did great next month if you had a bad month they wanted you to change how you did your job because of a slow month
Pros
Cons
too much turn over and not promoting from with in
Sales opportunity, but with hard environment
Service advisor (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXJune 12, 2018
Great job if you are good at sales. But your in a lose lose environment. Customers that come in there are mostly already upset because they are having an issue with their vehicle. Compound that with the fact that you have to try to up-sell them on products makes it tough.
Pros
Pay can be good
Cons
pay can be bad
its ok
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brownfield, TXApril 3, 2018
stanley is a good company to work for, they will help you learn and understand car sales, but pay is a different story. i could not work there for such low pay
Great place
Service Director (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXMarch 19, 2018
Responsible for 5 service advisors
12 techinicians between Gmc/Chrysler
Supervised 3 service porters
Monitor fixed ops expense and service Gross
Followed up with Customers
Monitor fixed ops advertisement
Pros
Great personal
Cons
Don't have the service volume
New management is terrible, doesn’t care about their employees, management has favorites
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McGregor, TXJanuary 10, 2018
The new general manager isn’t pleasurable to talk to or work with, corporate is a nightmare, everyone in a management position looks down on all other employees, most employees there have bad attitudes
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays
Cons
Poor management, more worried about their money than their employees, tense environment
Dedicated Staff
Detailer/Porter (Current Employee) –  Eastland, TXNovember 17, 2017
The day starts with clocking in and then preparing the bay for the day. They will either bring the vehicles that need to be cleaned back to the bay or will tell us what ones need to be done.

When I first started I had never detailed anything before. They worked with me to teach me how to properly clean the units.

The management is Great. The service manager is usually always upbeat and the sales and overall manager are pretty perky too.

The hardest part of the job is cleaning up the really nasty trade-ins.

The best part of it is the people that work there.
Company was in a bad location
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 16, 2017
Ordering parts for vehicles. Answering high volume calls. Generated and analyzed daily sells reports. Communications conflicts. Bad location. Keeping track of the parts. Dealing with customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful work envirement
February 22, 2019

The Stanley Auto Group does not have a location in Jackson, MS.

Good place to work but..
Stanley Ford (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXJuly 4, 2016
Company managers/owners rather take a a dime from the dime pile than a dollar from their pile. They cut pay to the lower staff and keep them selves several thousands of monthly income in their wallets!
Pros
Calm
Cons
Bad managment could care less of their workers financial needs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.