Stanley Black & Decker Employee Reviews

productivity
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Mission, TXApril 17, 2018
Management is very helpfully with any problems when run into. Always able to learn something new and move forward in the company. They have many jobs available for people to try and get comfortable with.
Ok
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INApril 16, 2018
I would go in at 8pm go to my line am we would do a little exercisers before we start then our team leader would tell us where we would be. We would switch spots three different times through out the shift so we wont get tired quick
Pros
It gets very hot at times
Cons
Breaks
Summary
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 8, 2018
Great place. You meet a variety of great people. Constently learning everyday. Many opportunities that can be offered. Work first, friends are last. Stay busy, and motivated.
Pros
Great teams
Cons
Leads gossip
No it was not a
Welder (Former Employee) –  Tarboro North CarolinaApril 7, 2018
No I did not like black & Decker's at all the supervisors was very rude the employees that was very rude no I did not like it at all I stayed there a couple of months and then I left
Pros
I brought my own lunch
Cons
30 minute breaks
Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 6, 2018
A manual laid back work environment. Felt like a mom & pop operation. Overall it was a nice job to have, a nice place to work.
The warehouse manager was a workaholic and sometimes the expectations were unfairly balanced.
Pros
Work hours accomodating
Cons
Warehouse manage was a workaholic and sometime the expectations were unfairly balanced
enjoy the great benefits for the short time you are there
MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 6, 2018
Many middle managers are excellent, including mine while employed there, but the company constantly cuts cost by letting anyone who makes a good salary for their experience go in favor of newer, less experienced people who will work for less. This happened just as I was going to work there, and happened again within a month of my leaving. I saw the handwriting on the wall and left before I got caught up in the next wave of layoffs and firings. Managers there constantly undermine and backstab each other. The ones who don't, such as mine, are easy victims for the rest. It's a company culture that is toxic in the long term, but you get great benefits for the short time you are there.
benefits
Cons
low pay and low job security
Stanley Black & Deck Great Place to Work
PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 6, 2018
Stanley Black & Decker is a multi-billion dollar company, but it has a good work/life balance that makes every employee feel like an individual.

Compensation at SBD is better than market and has excellent benefits.

I would recommend working there to anyone.
Stanley Black & Decker Sedalia
Assembly worker/Final Inspector/Materials Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOApril 5, 2018
Stanley Black and Decker in Sedalia is a very safe and collaborative environment. I love how the plant manager has an open door policy. Highly recommend working for this company.
Benefits
Cons
Unpaid Lunch
will not refer noone to this company
,Machine Operator/ Assembler (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 4, 2018
you cannot excel at this company. and the pay is not compatible to cost of living. I will not refer anyone to work here, because you will have to work as a temporary employee for a year before being considered employed and there are no benefits.
Pros
Cons
short breaks and short Lunch Breaks
Nice place to work
Software QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2018
If I had more time to talk about how great this company was then I definitely would. Hopefully this gives you some idea of what it's like. It is awesome and fast paced in regards to technology!
Pros
Lunch and learns
Cons
No cons
Safety First, as long as you make your numbers
Supply Chain Leader (Former Employee) –  Gorham, MEMarch 28, 2018
Work life balance is terrible at the Gorham, ME facility. Forced overtime situations for hourly employees has created low morale and the middle management team is driven to make "the numbers" at the expense of the employee's and their family's time.

New management at the facility lacks the understanding that the biggest asset within the four walls are the associates.
Pros
Great people with a long history with the organization willing to help and teach new comers.
Cons
Long hours, forced OT more often than not, lack of positive reinforcement from senior management.
An American household brand
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 27, 2018
An American household brand that offers opportunity to connect with business customers and consumers alike. Good place to work for those who desire to remain on the East Coast.
I have nothing to say
Machinist Helper (Former Employee) –  Oak Grove, ORMarch 25, 2018
I do not have anything to contribute to this section. It is not my place to evaluate this company because I no longer work there and have no knowledge of their current practices or if they are even in business anymore. Plus I do not want to expose myself to any liability.
good
Small carrier and order picker (Current Employee) –  6275 millcreekdriveMarch 21, 2018
good i like the atmosphare of the company. they don't give strees to workers. good communication cow help each other co worker is good they help each other
Relaxed and fun place to work...
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 19, 2018
Awesome manager, great coworkers, challenging position good benefits but low cost of living wages. No advancement without moving out of town. If it paid better I would have never left.
Pros
Benefits, work/home balance, challenging job
Cons
Can't live off of the low wages and little to no raises.
nice
Key Account Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTMarch 16, 2018
always learn something new, keeps you busy. the people are helpful and want you to excel. Very friendly and dedicated employees. you will like this place
No fun work place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMarch 16, 2018
I had to check the grainder wheel and stock them in a box to be shipped off and it was a hot and cold work place to work at but the end up closing down the compant
Pros
Cons
Hour lunch break
Nice place to work! I just need a change!
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Cheraw, SCMarch 15, 2018
After doing this job for seventeen years it put a lot of wear on me physically. I want a new job opportunity! I am currently in school and I have a lot of late nights. I have to be to work at five a.m. and stand for ten hours. It’s not a bad job, but standing in one place all day has taken a toll on my knee. I want to be moving and active as much as possible.
Productive and great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 15, 2018
I love working Stanley Black and Decker. There is plenty opportunity and the company really cares for you. Monday through Fridays. Paid vacation, and full benefits.
Typical Day at work
On-Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2018
I diligently worked to facilitate an appropriate and productive communication tunnel between the CEO and the laborers on the floor. The CEO at the facility that I was stationed was very active and wanted to see the floor everyday. I attended every meeting and coordinated the meetings to address the problems viewed earlier and initiate the resolution process.
Pros
Positive Employees
Cons
Poor communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Black & Decker. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

83out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Stanley Black & Decker.