Stanley Black & Decker Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 740 reviews matching the search See all 1,050 reviews
Enjoyed Stanley
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Cheraw, SCJuly 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. The only reason I left the company was I was a temp employee and I was offered a higher position at another company while working at both companies at the same time.
Pros
fast paced, hands on, enjoyable.
Nepotism, nepotism, nepotism
Maintenance Mechanic A (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 10, 2018
I was hired on through a staffing agency (which had an office at the faciility). My direct applications were never taken into account as I did not know any supervisors or employees. After over a year, was STILL working for the agency. Never had a writeup or even a warning, but was terminated for a made up reason--which should have been a warning at the most. Was let go right in the middle of trying to buy a house. Don't expect a direct hire unless you know someone important. Friends of sons of supervisors walk right into the door--receiving paid vacation and up to 3X pay for working on holidays, though Strataforce employees get no paid vacation and $30 for working holidays. Do not bother with this job. There are better ones available...
Four slide operator (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIJuly 10, 2018
I have to run up to 9 machine. Do miner adjustments and load steel. Do dimensions twice a day. Also have to fill up the oil reserves. And at the end of the day mop and sweep up
Office Politics...awful experience
Employee (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTJuly 1, 2018
The company itself is great. However, if you aren't a "yes-man", you will be miserable. I was micro-managed by someone who wasn't even my boss and because my boss was off-site I had no one to turn to. And the churn of new people, lateral moves and promotions meant constant change that was impossible to adapt to. It was a truly terrible experience, other than some really great people I did work with.
Pros
Some (but not all) people are great.
Cons
Some (but not all) people are truly awful.
Strong Brand
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2018
Challenging work environment. A great deal of the accounting work is being take outside of the US. i have learned a great deal while working for Stanley Black & Decker.
General environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 29, 2018
Great company to work for. Strong technical work culture and friendly environment. Decent opportunities as Engineers, management is open towards change
Nice people to work for
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 28, 2018
work was challenging. learned about the job i did.this was the best job i have had.people were help full and the management was kind and willing to take time for there employes.
Okay place to work depending on your department and position
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 28, 2018
I dealt with a lot of pettiness and unprofessional behavior. This was only one department in the company though. I am sure there were other areas that had a more professional atmosphere and promoted advancement.
Pros
With the exception of management, fun people to work with
Cons
There were many disgruntled employees
Fine place to work if you like driving...
Security Installation Technician II (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OH 45069June 26, 2018
Our upper North suburb of Cincinnati OH location has a 4 state range around it that we do work. As an Install technician the driving to work sites seem to be 2 hours one way on the average daily. We put 5,000 miles a month on the company work vehicle.
Pros
Free Work Vehicle, Gas card, Corporate Visa card, laptop, uniforms
Cons
Long drives to the daily work sites...
Strange and selfish enviroment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 26, 2018
Place is full of dust, very noisy and has very little environmental controls.
Employees are encouraged to take risks and engage in unsafe work practices.
Very little to no PM work for the machines
EHS practices are grossly ignored..
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Poor Safety, No PM work for machines, Low employee morale.
Very stressful
Machine Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJune 25, 2018
Management didn't care about their people at all. They were sold and all manufacturing was leaving. So that why I quit before I lost my job. After leaving six months later they shipped all the machinery to mexico.
Pros
Air conditioned
Cons
Mangement
It is a good job
Blade loader (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYJune 25, 2018
I think it's a great place to work but I'm ready to move on I only worked here through a temp service and it's hard to get hired on after 3 months i would recommend this job to anyone
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks
People
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAJune 21, 2018
everyone is fun to work with all friendly, good training , great pay, good discount, the only downside is some supervisors dont worry about their employees
Pros
people and environment
Cons
short break and bosses do not help much
Great Workplace
Telco Support/ Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 20, 2018
It's a great place to work at, some jobs can get stressful but I feel like it all depends on the type of boss you have, the attitude you get does effect your entire work day.
work place
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 20, 2018
A very fast paced job, I learned many things related to the job, helped me to build my work skills, very little support from management, work place culture varied daily, I enjoyed my job, didn't see anything hard about it, there is a lot of turn around in this company. People start and after a month, they will quit. Is a tough place to work, but having some discipline you are able to survive on a daily basis.
Pros
lots of good people co-workers
Cons
lots of turn around
A great place o work and advance
Machine setter/ leader (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 19, 2018
While at Stanley Black & Decker I was able to take classes at local colleges and training schools and Stanley Black & Decker would compensate me for tuition costs. They also have internal classes and ways to advance into better positions
Worst Job Ever
Plating Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 18, 2018
Honestly this was the worst experience. Employees that were there for years were VERY rude to new individuals who started. The management didn't care
Pros
You were able to schedule when you wanted
Cons
Everything about the company
poor place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJune 17, 2018
Rude people who talk down to you. The team leads never knew what they were doing but expected you to know right off the bat. If you got injured at work they just swept it under the rug so that they didnt have to pay.
Great place!
Customer Monitoring Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 14, 2018
I enjoyed working there!!! People were so helpful. My boss and manager were always so understanding to your needs. I would go back to work there again.
Relaxed environment
Corporate Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 14, 2018
Laid back work culture but still focused on results. My manager and colleagues were very helpful in helping me adjust to SBD.

Worked on meaningful projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Black & Decker. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss