Stanley Black & Decker Employee Reviews

Found 833 reviews matching the search See all 1,178 reviews
The people were good.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2018
In 21 years I learned many skills such as running many different machines. I learned metrology and metallurgy. I learned how to measure steel and perform time sensitive projects.
Fast paced but friendly work enviroment
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CANovember 12, 2018
This company strives to market the best quality tools possible which are demanded by the consumer in various trades.
They have several certified factory service centers which provide excellent and prompt service to there customer base.
Strong brands and product management expertise
Marketing (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 6, 2018
Company has a strong, brands and products. Good benefits and decent pay. Nice people at the lower levels - a "get it done quickly and right attitude". People come together to make the job more fun. Hardest part about the job is navigating the decision making processes and owners. Many processes are out of date. Many layers to make decisions. Management is hierarchical and out of touch.
Pros
Great brands and people
Cons
Bureaucratic and hierarchical
Difficult Work Environment
Senior Finance Commercial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 4, 2018
Very difficult working environment as a result of the pressure for the company to deliver financial results. Leadership and management in general is overly demanding creating difficulties to have a healthy work / life balance.
Pros
non existent work life balance
Cons
good compensation
Keep an eye on the bottom line
Software Development (Current Employee) –  MichiganNovember 2, 2018
SBD as a company holds no loyalty to their employees, but expects it from them. When cost-cutting measures are needed, reducing headcount is one of the first steps. "C" level executives view SBD as a financial company, not a manufacturer of consumer goods.
Pros
Stable company, steady merit increases, variety of available positions
Cons
Most areas have limited advancement potential, merit increases typically only cover COL, shareholders valued above employees
not much to say except its a factory.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 1, 2018
its a factory. what else can i say. typical factory. very concerned about safety. but fall begins massive overtime. minium of 10 hrs a day 6 and 7 days a week.
Easy work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCNovember 1, 2018
The days and hours went by quickly. The paychecks helped me maintain a livable life style. Co-workers were very welcoming with open arms helping me with work when I first started the job.
Supply Planner/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 30, 2018
I have enjoyed my time. The company has a great culture and amazing teams. Every day is not roses, there are times that it can be fast paced and highly demanding but that is what makes this place all the better.
N/a
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 29, 2018
It's a very great place to work at I have enjoyed beening there. I also enjoyed making tools for other companies. I liked the hours they were giving me
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 29, 2018
Great workplace have to work at a very fast pace have to very careful putting them together from the screws to the labels. Had a very short 1 time break which is your lunch that was 20mins
Great place to wwok
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2018
It's an ok job great place to work the job is really far out picking and packing labeling scanning great ppl to work with the job just need to give more money
Great place to work!
Installation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 26, 2018
Stanley is a great company to work for. They have a very strong outlook which amounts to job security. This company has work from home opportunities and careers ranging from field technicians to all levels of office positions.
Excellent training
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 24, 2018
The training and development I received were one of the best in my entire working career. The management team encourages team building and career development. I learned many skills in negotiation and product demonstrations, that has carried over into many other positions I have held.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Monthly pay and low starting salary
Real let down of a company.
PLC Technician (Former Employee) –  Hampstead, MDOctober 24, 2018
They demand you work the "optional" overtime and punish any who take off, even if it's for a legitimate claim such as a doctors appointment or anything like that. Management refuses to manage employee issues and will side with whomever puts up the biggest fuss. Best advice working here would be to keep your head down, don't interact with others and keep looking for a new job.
Fast Growing Company
Assistant Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOOctober 23, 2018
Love my job and there are plenty of opportunities for advancement. If you work hard and get involved with the fast changing environment, you will have success with this company.
Great company when I first began
Assembler (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTOctober 21, 2018
Work experience varies greatly depending on which area you are working in. Not much team work.
Some great hardworking individuals mixed in with the majority.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Atmosphere declining along with quality and care of product being put out.
Pick your team wisely
Design Drafter 1 (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 21, 2018
Forced to work and stay in my cube all the time. Manager had serious issues if I communicated with someone outside of my team. It seemed like manager had personal issues with me and made some racist comments. Manager always talked rudely, in a very condescending manner. Other members in my team were friendly but its a cut throat environment and doesn't take much to get blamed and get thrown under "the bus".
I enjoyed talking with other employees about what they were working on and how my work relates and connects to their work.
Pros
Plenty to learn
Cons
Boring, cut throat and repetitive work.
High paced environment & No work life balance
Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2018
Typical day at work:
Check in with manager, plan your route and start your day.
It's a fast paced environment, where you are constantly on the go. Learned new automatic door systems and visit many cities.

Management:
Poor and unstable.

Workplace culture:
nonexistent.

The hardest part:
You never know what time you will be off work.
Due to poor planning, the on-call schedule changes constantly.
This then results in constant personal event cancellations (and you are expected to be ok with this).
You have 2 weeks of vacation and you are "suggested" the months when to use them.
You consistently have to review your paystubs because overtime might not be paid at the correct hourly rate or hours worked might be missing.
Any errors on your paystub take about 1-2 weeks for corrections.
Raises are so small that you don't even notice them on your paycheck.
No training of any kind is provided.
Constantly overworked and under paid.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
You never work in the same place.
Pros
Great benefits, take home work vehicle, weekly pay, investment opportunities.
Cons
No work-life balance.
Great benefits bad at scheduling and planning
Assembler/Fill-In Conveyor (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, OH 45121October 19, 2018
They were terrible at scheduling i had about 12 different hour changes in under a year. However management was good dealing with day to day and benefits are amazing.
Good place
Assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOOctober 19, 2018
I really wish I could have stayed working there but like it it was a really good place to work the people were great the work is not hard they adjust to your needswish things would have worked out differently far as a ride situation for me otherwise I still be there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Black & Decker. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Stanley Black & Decker.

Powered by Comparably