Stanley Black & Decker Employee Reviews

Found 786 reviews matching the search See all 1,114 reviews
Production and fun place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 20, 2018
Love working with this company, you have fun, everyone is clean nice people, it's a fast pace place to work, the temperature is just right, non smoke free place.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Data driven organization
Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 18, 2018
Data and metrics drive the culture. Very big organization with a lot of moving parts, therefore regular pulse meetings keep communication open.
Lower level managers tend to hold onto top performers, restricting advancement.
The workplace was productive and fast-paced
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 18, 2018
So every day we’d have a meeting then we all would set of to do our job I’d go get my forklift then come back to the desk and get my task for that moment then set up my scanner accordingly then I’d do my job.
I think the hardest part was the back of the warehouse was hot hot and parts of the warehouse was tight for the forklift.
Pros
Freedom to dress
Cons
Short breaks and long days everyday even sometimes sunday and no one barley spoke english
Became very stressful with new owership
Process / Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOSeptember 18, 2018
People were not held accountable for scrap, rework. Training is very lacking in regards to people are placed in areas, not really explained how to do the job, and caused the scrap, rework, and the process is not followed. Communication also is lacking so schedules are not lined out which caused a lot of downtime.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Stressful, lots of meetings, lack of managment support
Tempe AZ/Toxic Environment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 16, 2018
Metrics, Metrics, Metrics...That is all that is drilled into everyone's head. All SB&D cares about is the bottom line,,to heck with the welfare of it's employees, the customer (How bad can we gouge them) or the types of technicians that they put into the field.. Inexperienced techs that are out there screwing jobs up and hacking their way through everything that is thrown at them by management. Tempe office has some of the same management team that goes back over 10 years ago that should have been fired 10 years ago. Cut throat, back stabbing, toxic work environment..Stanley is known as the most unethical security integrators in the business.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
You won't last long before being fired or quitting.
Tough, Good Money
Hot Punch Operator (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MASeptember 11, 2018
The conditions there were less than admirable, I loved working with my coworkers, and I loved the money; but 5AM-5PM 6 days a week in 100 degree weather the whole time started to get to me. They took away some of our vacation time, and then tried to make up for it with a 2% raise. I just really started to get frustrated there.

It was very hot inside at all times, and at times it got very difficult to breathe. In all honesty, the job was fine it just started to take a toll on me. That was the hardest part of the job, waking up at 5AM for another 12 hour day.

I really loved all of the people I encountered on my time there, and I was good at my job. I made many friends there and still are in constant contact with a lot of them, I just feel that I didn't really enjoy the grueling days, I was sick all of the time, and had trouble having a life outside of SBD because I'd have to be in bed for 8:30PM to be back for 5AM.
Pros
Cafeteria, Good money, Great coworkers
Cons
Management, Hazardous conditions
It’s a good company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 10, 2018
It’s a good company, but some of the managers abuse their titles and treat people unfairly. Overall the company is good the hours are reasonable and the pay is good.
Good work /life balance
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 10, 2018
Solid company, slow paced, work Force has been there for years, on-boarding is good, background process takes too long, lack of growth opportunities, need new life in the management
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
too slow pace
productive
Reworker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 10, 2018
good place to work at, fast paced but overall a good area, but my area wasn't a full-time area and didn't pay enough. they do have different areas to work at
Ok to work for
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 10, 2018
It is an ok place to work, you just have to make an effort to learn on your own. Management does not take the time to teach. So it made it challenging at times
Good company to work
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Mission, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Is a good company to work in, Management is great, good company to learn as a good first-class factory and good processes. Still some opportunity to improve on Teamwork area and impove hiring process for new personnel, people with better attitude and collaboration with the workmates at all levels.
good hours for a flexible schedule
LINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2018
it allowed me time to go to school and work during the weekend. the environment is fast paced but it is doable and helps make the day go by faster. . .
It was hard work but they paid you for your hard work.
Member of the OSHA team (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 2, 2018
Very busy, management was great they worked with you all the time if you needed over time or family time. We got yearly raises and reviews.
It was over 100 degrees in the summer and no a/c but they gave us free Gatorade.
We got to advanced in our jobs to higher paid jobs.
I met my husband there and married him and still with him to this day.
the only reason why I would not recommend it is it seems all factory work is being out sourced over seas.
Pros
medical, dental, vision, 401k, discounts, overtime if you wanted it
Cons
it moved to Mexico
good career
Territory Training manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 1, 2018
this was a great company to work for. overall it was a good experience. there were choices made by management that were positive and some that were less than favorable
Stanley Black and Decker was a great entry job, but no room for advancement.
Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INAugust 30, 2018
Stanley Black and Decker was a great entry job, but no room for advancement.

The atmosphere was stressful but manageable.

New products coming in the door were mainly assembly leaving my job at risk with very little automation left.
Great job if only management would let you do it.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Southern IndianaAugust 27, 2018
Worked in Stanley Security Solutions Corrections for over 10 years, had great managers for most of that time. Now there's a lying jerk running their service department that really needs to wash his stinky pants.
The job was great, I had developed some tight relationships with my customers, but they hated dealing with the office because of the bureaucratic red tape that this new manager had put in place. If I was left alone to troubleshoot and fix the customer's problems, we'd all be happier, but that's not his way.
The largest customer in my territory dropped them and went to the competition 2 weeks after I left. That was probably a smart move.
Pros
Great people otherwise
Cons
One terrible manager
Life at Black & Decker
Floor Lead/ Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 26, 2018
I enjoyed my role at Black & Decker. If I had an opportunity to live again in the Carolinas, I would definitely go back to work there. I only had a problem with one manager but he is gone now so problem resolved. I learn something new everyday with this company. I new all the jobs around the warehouse, so if they were short in a department, they would ask me to cover in another if I was not real busy. I was Floor lead for over a year and that was promising. It broke my heart to have to leave.
Pros
New products, new procedures in operation
Cons
the one manager that almost ended up losing the company forever.
numbers driven
Credit (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 26, 2018
the company is driven by numbers and profit. benefits are average. work life home balance is average. good opportunities for entry level graduates with degrees.
flexible
Dispatcher/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55412August 24, 2018
Company is flexible with times that are needed for you self pay is average put not enough for what you end up doing. management is inconstant, overtime is always available, many departments within.
Alright place to work
Refurb Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 23, 2018
They are not really fair in how they treat people. I felt they could do better and that way more people would wanna work there. They also let you go for all the wrong reasons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Black & Decker. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss