Stanley Electric Employee Reviews

Fun Environment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  London, OHApril 23, 2019
Fast paced good environment friendly staff great learning experience so far as a tech and competitive wages. Clean plant not dirty and cool in the summer time.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Short breaks
Productive And Friendly Work place.
Line Assembly (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 17, 2019
I Think That It Was Overall A Great Place To Work. I Hope To Go Back One Day Soon. I Really Liked It There. I Thought The Team Leaders Were Especially Good Us Line Workers. An I Enjoyed My Work Life There Very Much.
Pros
Lunch Room Cafe
Cons
Short Breaks
Disorganized and poorly managed
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  London, OHMarch 21, 2019
Used to be a great place to work. Have taken benefits away and do not care about their associates. Poor raises, no extra pay for equipment drivers. Fast paced, lots of OT mandated.
laid back cafeteria
100% Inspector (Former Employee) –  London, OHMarch 14, 2019
Meetings are held every month to keep everyone update with the company. If there were issues with product production, our manager starts every shift with a way to solve that issue. They kept close attention to detail pertaining to staff quality and speed.
Pros
Fitness room
Cons
Large warehouse
Ok
Team Line Lead (Former Employee) –  London, OHMarch 1, 2019
was okay for the time being just had my daughter and needed something to pay the bills they had a very clean work area and very high production job was not too bad at all
Loved working there fast pasted and relaxing people to work with
Assembler (Former Employee) –  London, OHFebruary 14, 2019
If u had any problems the management would do there best to help u out as much as they could. The fast pass I enjoyed it kept the time from going so slow .I liked the job and wish I had not had to leave
Great place to work.
Assembly Light Builder/Inspector (Former Employee) –  London, OHFebruary 2, 2019
Excellent place to work and I enjoyed working third shift. You were able to work overtime in different areas if you wanted to have overtime. That was a plus for associates who needed more income..
Pros
three shifts to choose from
Cons
there was too much to account for at the time clock with finger and badge identification
Needs Union intervention
Associate (Former Employee) –  London, OHJanuary 19, 2019
Once a good place to work, then got worse over the years. Great, dedicated people work for them, but they treat them like garbage. The place has a “don’t like it? There’s the door attitude.” They only promote individuals who are within the “buddy system”, very cliquish management. They should eliminate all of their incompetent American Managers and Coordinators and let the Japanese completely run the place again. The Americans are driving the place out of business eventually. Glad I found a better job!
Pros
Good benefits, great co-workers.
Cons
Horrible management.
Terrible HR Department
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  London, OHJanuary 15, 2019
They could start by having compassion for the people doing the hard work, the ones that work on their feet for 10-12 hours a day 6 times a week. They could improve HR by having people that will actually try to help their employees when certain circumstances arise. My father is an older man who has a lot of trouble with physical pain, bad hearing and eyesight. He started out as a temp worked those long hard hours for over a year before being hired on as a full time employee. Shortly after he had a couple bouts of sickness he couldn't control. When he missed work one day and showed up with hospital paperwork he was told they di not except that as an excuse! (So apparently your not allowed to get sick or you risk your job!) Afterwards there was I believe twice over the next couple months he forced himself to show up deathly sick to the point the team leader sent him home. No matter what condition he was in he worked hard for this company even when they had no compassion for him as a human being. Roll around to nearly 2 years he goes on holiday shutdown like everyone else. That week he finally got his insurance cards in the mail for vision and dental. We were ready to start making appointments to hopefully help his hearing and eyesight. He returns to work on 1-7 work his full shift. While there that night he asked about why he hadn't recieved pay first Christmas day like he thought he was supposed to, he becomes aware he heard the date wrong he was supposed to return to work 1-2. Thar explained the reason he didn't receive his holiday pay. He missed work without realizing. After  more... work that day HR call to immediately terminate his employment. He tries to explain it was an honest mistake, that when they said second he heard seventh and that made sense to him as the seventh was a Monday. He obviously didn't realize he heard the information wrong. HR was not helpful whatsoever and told him to file an appeal, which he did immediately. They have still yet to respond and he was told they would get back with him within the week. Its apparent they dont care about the hard working backbone if their company. Thet even have the failed hearing test results from when he was hired on. What good is HR if they cant help the humans there that need it????????????????????  less
Good Work enviroment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  London, OHJanuary 1, 2019
Good work environment. The job pay is good and good people to work around. The medical benefits is not that good and the department I work in does not offer much overtime at all. Other than that the company is a good place to work. Once I transfer departments I can get more OT.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Medical benefits
Fun work place
Part checker (Former Employee) –  London, OHDecember 27, 2018
It was fun and easy and paid okay people there were great to work with and i would recommend working there to anyone lookong for a full time job that pays good
Pros
It was okay money
Cons
Could get boring
Decent job but top out pay isnt great
Tugger Operator (Current Employee) –  London, OHDecember 20, 2018
Good benefits, hired on through the company. Paid holidays, shutdowns and vacations. Management was good. Some times you work a lot of overtime.Profit sharing bonuses
Pros
2 weeks of hiliday shutdowns
Cons
top out pay is low
Associate (Current Employee) –  London ohioNovember 13, 2018
Clean environment very good training and nice pepole and very easy work stricken on rules but as long as u follow them ur ok good pay could be higher but worth it
Productive and fast paced
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  London, OHNovember 13, 2018
I was working 50 to 60 hours a week and i like it but it can also be too much at times. It's still a great work place over all good pay and benefits. Great people to be around
Good place to work. Hard to move shifts.
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, OHOctober 29, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Stanley Electric. I just had to move shifts and that was not going to happen anytime soon. The staff there was awesome, and I would recommend anyone looking for a steady job, to think about applying there.
Pros
Company shirts
Cons
All the overtime.
Run dont walk
Associate (Current Employee) –  London, OHOctober 17, 2018
This place is going downhill fast. They are losing people faster than they can get them through the door because no one wants to stay and work here anymore. You will work lots of overtime for parts your line didn't drop. They are too busy repainting the floors and cleaning the place up to make it look pretty for Honda that they aren't fixing the real problems.
okay pay, not focused on employees
Associate (Current Employee) –  London, OH 43140September 30, 2018
your pay will top out in four years and its okay pay after that but has not raised rates biased on other employers doing so in the area. not focused on employees- more about production, uniform and policy changes
Great work place
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  London, OHSeptember 20, 2018
I loved the time I worked for stanley. They are very open to your lifestyle when it comes to your children and other things that may come up. And the pay is amazing.
Pros
They provide all 3 shifts
Cons
They are located only in London
Poor management and communication
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  London, OHSeptember 17, 2018
The summary explains it all. Management is very impersonal and lacks communication skills. I have never worked for a company that values their product more than their employees. At Stanley Electric you are nothing but a number to them. They may pay decent, but it's not worth feeling like you are beneath their feet.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Poor Management and communication skills
Bad palce if you want a life
General Assembler (Former Employee) –  London, OHSeptember 13, 2018
Stanley think that the workers there are slaves and will fire you if you have medical problems. They don't take doctor notes. They don't care if you are under sleepy meds they want you to work your life away.