Stanley Furniture

Working at Stanley Furniture: 31 Reviews

United States31 reviews

Close to home

Started after high school. Worked in the warehouse while I finished college, transfered into maintenance there and learned a lot, really enjoyed my time with the company, lots of family and friends worked there. Not a lot of jobs available there now

Friendly Co-workers, Work Life Balance was great.

Pays better than a lot of other Furniture Manufacturers. Great place to work, except for constant shipping delays. Furniture Market was a welcomed change of pace.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Shipping Delays

Stanley Furniture insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

Productive and easy going

My favorite job that I have ever had the people was great and the work was as well . The company really cared for it's employees too . It was safe and the company always made sure it's employees had proper safety and work equipment .

Pros

Safe, chance of advancement

Cons

Hot in summer time

Nilit

I enjoyed working at Stanley. I was there until they closed the plant and we all had to seek other employment. If they were still open I would recommend people to work there

Hard place to work

My typical day at work was me assemble and repair furniture. I learned how to assemble furniture and paint and repair furniture. Management was good and understanding. The culture at Stanley Furniture was friendly. The hardest part of the job was working late and not being able to see my family, during the summer it would often get hot. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to sometimes finish up early and go home.

Pros

Good insurance

Cons

No Air Conditioning

ac smoking break rooms

this place is where i decided to to tke my level of experience and go out on my on wish i still had this job but i didnt get called bck after layed off

Family Environment

Stanley Furniture (Stanleytown, VA) was a very good company to work for. There was a close knit, family atmosphere and the managers maintained personal relationships with their subordinates. Multiple opportunities for advancement throughout the company. The work/home life balance could be out of balance at times, especially during Spring and Fall markets.

Productive fun place

I really liked workn at stanley furn. I was there for 12 years made good money work with good people this place closed down in oct 2010 its like 4 different buildings i workjed in all of them it was a nice place to work at but now its closed down

Pros

Apreciation day cookouts

Cons

Short breaks

Great company

Stanley Furniture was one of the best places to work in Martinsville before the industry moved overseas. Many people sought work at this company and the treatment of the employees was fair.

Pros

Salary, career growth

Cons

company was closed due to the industry being shifted overseas

Great first job experience

Wonderful work atmosphere where you could always be promoted. The managers sincerely cared about their workers, and their interest to improve the company.

Pros

great pay and vacation

Cons

They are now permanently closed.

Stanley is great company to work.

I had the privacy to work for this fine company. I started as a admin to the manager and worked up to Plant superintend of the plant.

what I learned

- That hard work and long hours can result in growing with the company and showing your worth. -Dealing with an assortment of customers and trying to satisfy their needs

Employer was good to their people

Experienced Customer Service and Credit. This was a corporate office in which the employees received many extras, as well as great benefits.

Pros

Good benefit package, treated employees with respect, and allowed opportunities for enjoyment in the workplace.

Cons

Importing merchandise

fun workplace

I love working at this place, The job is not hard in assembling furniture. Also, when delivering the Furniture is good, make good tips but the hours are just very low. Only on delivery days.

Pros

Sometimes Free Lunches and Tips

Cons

Good Breaks

not to bad

It was an ok place to work manager's not to friendly but coworkers were great to work with a typical day at work was busy so time went by quick

It was a great place to work, and had a lot of people who had done that type of work their whole lives. We were sad to see Stanley close.

The line I worked on at Stanley was a calm-relaxed type of envioronment with everyone enjoying their jobs. The management was a part of the group and was interested in you as a person, not just a number. The hardest part of my job at Stanley Furniture was driving around a curvy mountain road. It was prone to have rock slides and it was scary at times, especially when there was snow and ice on it.

Pros

Friendly atmosphere.

Cons

The drive to a different town from where I lived, on a treacherous mtn. road

good place to work

get up in the morning to know i had a job learn about new things and your coworkers there was no hard part of this job except it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

Pros

challenge

Cons

the rework at times when things did not fit

drove forklift set up machinery and ran them

Productive a real nice place to work drove forklift set up machinery and ran them

wonderful place

yankee candle factory was great it had several stores so I would meet hundreds of new people everyday if I hadn't of moved out of town I would still be there

Pros

meeting great people

Cons

so far from my house

Able to work year round

Good people to work with.Boss was direct and fair. Everyday We get the days work order of what needs to be built than run each piece in a timely matter. The hardest part was not having the parts to run when we needed them.The best part was everyday was a new part and a new case to build.

alot of fun cause you learn to build new things

we learn to build funiture and everyone learned a new job every day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits