Stanley Steemer Employee Reviews

Terrible
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 17, 2018
You go in thinking you will make 1000+ a week. And in reality you rarely crack 300. Job is paid every two weeks and is straight commission. And commission is very hard to achieve here and I’ve sold cars and clothes for the last 4 years. Management is terrible and chooses favorites. They mess with your hours and money to much without telling you to try and screw you over.
Shop tech
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAAugust 10, 2018
The job absolutely sucks. I was the shop tech for a year and the longer i stayed the more work they piled on. They kept adding more things for me to do to the vans every day and the manager that was supposed to be in charge of the shop and the vans would allow the crew members to make a mess in the shop and they would throw trash and the equipment all around the vans and it would all be put on the shop tech. on top of the other 20 things you would be doing anyways. I would not recommend the job to anyone. stanley steemer is just a horrible place to work and the Gainesville shop managers need to be fired and replaced they absolutely suck at doing their job.
Pros
Health Benifits
Cons
Everything about the job.
Great benefits, but...
Carpet Cleaner Technician (Current Employee) –  Port Chester, NYJuly 31, 2018
The current branch manager, Mike, in the Port Chester location is a joke. He doesn't like to spend money to get new, working equipment and expects techs to perform well with the broken ones. He has a few favorite techs that he gives the best jobs to. Employees get away with bad behavior such as showing up late, stealing, not showing up at all, back talking etc. There's a big turnover rate because the culture in the shop is terrible. Techs constantly get into arguments with one another and there are occasional fist fights that happen without management ever finding out. It would be a great place to work if Mike wasn't there and on top of that, no one likes or respects him and he doesn't respect anyone either unless you're above him of course. Good practices start from the top down. I would not recommend working at this location to anyone.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Branch Manager, long hours, unfair distribution of jobs, favoritism
It Depends On The People You Work With
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 25, 2018
It's easy work honestly the hardest part is the weather and some rough customers but if you're charismatic you can get through most customers the real struggle with the job has to be not knowing when you'll get off and not just 12 hours but you might get a job where you don't get off until 10PM or later (it has happened) and you have to finish every job you get (of course common sense) but depending on your coworkers they may make it a bit worth it and sometimes you get tips and such which is nice. But depending on you manager it can ruin your experience with hyprocrtital expectations on attendance if you find out you have an appointment next week good luck because you need to let them know 2 weeks in advance but if they have a sore throat they'll take a couple days off. Also be aware that you don't receive benefits or holiday pay until after 90 days. Why I really don't recommend is because I am still waiting for my last check 3 weeks after I've left so.
Pros
Changing rates after 90 days
Cons
Out of touch and hypocritical managers, not knowing when shift will end
Long hours and no time off
Solo crew chief (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJuly 24, 2018
Working 12 plus hours a day and if you get sick they rarely let you take the day off and they will shame you for it. You will work 55 plus hours a week and management will treat you badly.
Pros
Cons
long hours and no time off allowed
stressful and not caring for employees
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 7, 2018
this job is stressful, management don't care and it has favoritism on sudden employees. This job don't have a life u go in at 7am and sometimes u get out till 9pm.some workers don't show to work and everybody else end up working harder.THIS A COMMISSION JOB,they want u to sell every part of service to the customer. lack on management and professionalism. Also don't believe what they tell u about u going to make more than $500per week and u be out by 3pm. NOT A FUTURE JOB, ENDLESS JOB. One more thing this job requires long day hours and weekends, off Sundays only.
Pros
tips, coworkers
Cons
working long hrs, long drives, management
2 years down the drain
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 3, 2018
I worked for Stanley Steemer for 2 years and have absolutely nothing to show for it. Save a few interesting stories, it's a stressful job with no appreciation for you as an employee or even a person. Personal life? Forget it. Especially if you become certified in anything, 24/7 on call. If you cannot add on additional services or products, you WILL NOT MAKE MONEY. For $10 an hour, I'll work literally anywhere else.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Only break is the drive to the next job, long hours, weekends, after hours, no appreciation
Not a place to stay long
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 25, 2018
Ops manager was awesome, supervisors definitely not. Lazy, call avoiding, big, and desk potatoes. Very slow except for April through September. Your schedule will change for/during holiday hours. 12$ for 3 weeks then 10$ after that. You can do better.
Pros
Ops Manager was friendly, part time shifts
Cons
Train
Do not waste your time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 14, 2018
This is a commission base job witch they don't tell you before you drive all the way to the branch and sit in a orientation room with a manager who don't know what he's talking about! If you get hired on, ever job you get sent on you'll only get 10 percent of ever job while, 5 jobs a day, 10 percent of ever job you do the math, this company sucks and don't care about the employees
Don't waste your time!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 24, 2018
This company changes hands more times in one year not going to make any real money working here! Long hours 7 days a week you have to buy your own uniform through them
Pros
Worst job ever!
Cons
They will lie about the pay! You will be call the labor board to file a complaint
Management comes from the top
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 2, 2018
No management, complacency high, no advancement, high school atmosphere. Cannot and will not support a company that does "business" in this fashion. Everything learned was self taught or from an external source.
Cons
No management, complacency high, no advancement, high school atmosphere.
Horrible place to work
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 2, 2018
The shop located in San Antonio is going Down the drain. Management is worst thing about this place. They always say they are gonna do this and do that but it never happens. Communication is trash. This place is basically based off favorites. If you are going to apply here please don’t do it. You will regret it.
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think of
Terrible place to work.
Former technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 22, 2017
The management is terrible. All they do is push sales. It’s like they don’t understand that hte customers know what they want for the most part. Sure you can enlighten them about services we provide that they may not have been aware about, but at the end of the day, it’s THEIR MONEY. The managers think we can force the customers to spend more money that they don’t have. And they’ll put you on blast in front of your co workers and talk bad about you. If you’re looking for a low playing job that’s back breaking, apply here. If you’re looking for a career, look some place else.
Pros
You’ll learn about carpet care.
Cons
Long hours. No work life balance. Low pay
Great income for go getters.lazy people wont make it here
Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 8, 2017
Rancho office is great.great managers.great income potential.good coworkers averaging700 a week.theres way harder jobs out there making10.50 an hour.if your lucky enough to get hired here in Rancho,Then appreciate it and work hard and youll make good money here.Im serious! ive seen peoples checks
Pros
Great income
Cons
Got to have great customer service skills and be a hard worker.No lazy people here
Lots of Potential
Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 8, 2017
Stanley Steemer gives you a bunch of opportunities to grow as employee. You can make a lot of money here. Pay is very fair for the work you do. They also love to promote from within and you can really make a career here which a reason that sold me on the position.
Really awful managers job is a lie
Airduct tech (Current Employee) –  AnonymousSeptember 6, 2017
This job is a good stepping stone but don't look to Stanley Steemer as a long term solution. You gotta be the managers friend to get good routes. The air duct technician portion is a lie. They get commisions not hourly wages. They also have the second most meticulous job in the shop minus water techs. You'll be treated like a dawg and the minute you fall off the add on bandwagon your job will be threatened. Not a good atmosphere, lacks good leadership, and the compensation isnt worth what you'll put into it.
Pros
Free carpet cleaning
Cons
Literally treated like a slave
A great company to work for while you are in school
Carpet Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, OregonAugust 29, 2017
I have been with steemer for over five years now, and it has been a great experience. The job can be tough, but management has your back and is willing to work with technicians if there is a problem. As a part time college student, steemer has been very flexible with working with my school schedule which is one of the best things about this job. With the wages I have gotten from this job, I have also been able to pay for most of my schooling as well as maintain a social life and pay for my current bills. I am very grateful to be a part of this company that has taken care of me while I pursue my goals in school!
Pros
Good pay, Good management, Good Co-workers, Never a boring day, Flexible with schedules
Cons
Long hours, Hard work
Great company with lots of growth opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 29, 2017
I've been with Stanley Steemer for over 10 years and worked my way from a Technician on the trucks all the way to an upper manager level position. I wouldn't say it was easy and you have to prove yourself in order to be considered for the opportunities available but I was developed along the way by some great managers/leaders. Great company for someone who is driven and looking for a company that trains you to grow with it.
Highly recommend.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, company trips.
Commission based job not worth the hassle.
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  KYAugust 15, 2017
Working here is great if you're one of the handpicked pets who goes to the rich houses. If you're like me and bust your butt daily on $99 specials, move outs and redos you're going to hate it. You're expected to make money from commission but if you're doing a redo or move out, people aren't spending money. I had one week that consisted of nothing but redos, GSCs "which are another scam", and move outs. I made the bare minimum my company pays which is called supplemental. Yay $8 for 48 hours worth of work. They dilute their products down to nothing and wonder why the stuff doesn't work. Horrid place that takes great people and breaks them down to nothing. Not worth the job. Management is two faced and are always talking out the side of their heads behind your back, which in this place comes right back to you before the end of the day.
Pros
If you get spoon fed jobs great $ potential
Cons
Everything else..
Great Place for Entry Level- Lots of great people
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 14, 2017
Stanely Steemer is by far the best company I've worked for. This job has given me the opportunity to start as an entry level and move through the ranks!
Pros
Team Work- Cook outs- Development
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Steemer. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1