Stanley Steemer Employee Reviews

Hours vary, no benefits
Carpet Technician (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 22, 2019
The people you meet are great but the hours vary and there is no pay for travel. No benefits except vacation pay and you have to use that to make a paycheck sometimes. You never know how much your going to make or what time your getting off.
Pros
Meeting people, pay is good when there is work
Cons
No chance for raises or advancement
Fun to work there just lack of hours
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILJanuary 14, 2019
Did about 5-6 jobs a day. Very easy job. Drove the company truck from home to home. Cleaned carpet tile wood upholstery & did area rug pick ups as well.
Pros
Pay & Freedom
Cons
Hours
fun place to work
REGIONAL COMMERCIAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJanuary 14, 2019
Stanley Steemer was a fun place to work and I liked the management team in my office in Parker. It was a very flexible work schedule. The mist enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Cleaning

Long hours, dirty work

Made a lot of friends
Great work place
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJanuary 9, 2019
Check your truck in to make sure you have everything you need for the day morning meeting to discuss day before sync table for first stops and gps then out in the field
Would be a great job if the pay was competetive
Carpet cleaning tech (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJanuary 7, 2019
Just like any other job, make the best of it. Always present awesome customer service skills and conduct yourself as a professional at all times. Be humble.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Work in all weather
In the Middle
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2019
Honestly, the management sucks, but it pays pretty good to get by. Typical day at work is hard work, helps you gain muscles, and also customers (some) are horrible but it helps you along to get through the day.
Pros
Muscle, Fast- Paced, Productivity
Cons
Management, Customers, High Turnover
Fun place to work
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLDecember 30, 2018
Great place to work when younger , tips are a plus . Meeting great people from all over the world with all kinds off different living habits . Being out in the van with no people tell
Ing you what to do and being your own boss was fun .
Pros
Tips. Meeting people
Not ideal. But a job.
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 29, 2018
Never know when for sure your going home. If it’s a slow day you’ve made no money if it was also a bad day for sales because.. commission. Seen people work at Stanley Steemer for six or more years and anytime we needed management positions filled they come from elsewhere. Within the last year several managers have been hired and fired or left. High turnover rate in general.
Cons
No set schedule. Management is hired from outside or from other states and brought in.
Very informative training from products, techniques to service tips.
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 28, 2018
As an employee, I loved being able to not be tied to a desk or stuffy office. The managers are very well trained and patient. It's a great company to work for!
Pros
Great jobs!
Cons
Long hours, but not a con
Good job
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 28, 2018
This is a decent job I enjoyed this work they are fast paced in the summer you will clean sometimes six or seven houses but in the winter it will slow down the only down side to this job is that they paid commission and do not pay holidays.
Amazing job with great employees
crew member (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZDecember 26, 2018
Short meetings in the morning, then drive to first job site. At the customers home we would clean carpet, tile, upholstery, ect.
I learned how to interact with different people. Fixed equipment when needed out in the field.
The management was amazing!
They taught me more about the job,then any other job I have ever worked for.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Good job for new workers.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 15, 2018
It is a good job for people looking for their first job out of high school. The management was flexible with schedules and accommodating of illnesses. The main issue was low hours is off season and unset schedules which made it hard to plan things out,
Pros
Flexibility, Not stuck in an office
Cons
Unset schedule, slow season hours are low
It's been great for these past few years.
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 11, 2018
A typical day at work involves being out in the field servicing customers. The day can sometimes be long but the pay is there for the right type of individual. It's commission based so the more efficient we work, the more we make. We make more money when we present extra services to the customer and they buy. One of the down sides is we never know when we're going to get off till it happens. I enjoy always having a little bit different day than the day before. The part of town is different, the customers are different, the services provided are different...etc. It's been a cool ride so far.
Fun Atmosphere!
Tech (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 11, 2018
Great Company! Good Place to move up quickly! Tons of Benefits! You are out and about all day which is nice, you arent stuck in the same place every day for your whole day !
Pros
Great money
Independent
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2018
Management is laid back and you have the freedom to be yourself. Friendly environment. Some days you end up working long hours but that just comes with the territory. Good opportunity to make good money.
Unique Work Eniviroment
Commercial Sales Manager/Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MONovember 27, 2018
The work itself at Stanley Steemer is wonderful. You are dispatched in the morning and are typically back to the shop by mid afternoon. Generally days will consist of driving from customer to customer, setting up the truck for the job, explaining the service to customers, moving furniture, preforming duties, tendering payments and just some general problem solving. The management and personal are good people but the attrition rate is high. The benefits can be a little pricy if your crew is under producing, but otherwise reasonable. There is little room for advancement within the company, but pay increases can be accomplished with hard work. The culture is blue collar and employees are generally good at communicating and helping one another. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the physical work. It served two purposes really. Both as a financial means and decent workout. Days where there are more then average job count can be physically challenging due to the nature of the work, but ultimately rewarding.
Pros
Not micromanaged, off by mid day, friendly workplace
Cons
irrational cutomers are not uncommon, the attrition rate
Interesting place
CREW CHIEF (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 26, 2018
I met a lot of new people working here and it was great to see them happy after a job well done. I learned how to communicate face to face with customers.
Great place to work at.
Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Stanley Steemers. The manager was very friendly and helped out a lot. Work was quick paced and stressful, but was very enjoyable. Especially working with the team was great.
Great team and great ownership
Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 25, 2018
Overall my time was great with Stanley Steemer. I met a lot of lifetime friends and feel I’ve learned a lot to advance my career. My family and I will always be grateful for the opportunities presented by the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Steemer. Our community is ready to answer.