Stanley Steemer Int. Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Contact Center Supervisor
Contact Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 18, 2018
I worked with Stanley Steemer in the contact center for nearly 7 years. The culture and environment is wonderful and they really care for their employees.
Worst Job I’ve ever had.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland/Brunswick OhioAugust 17, 2018
Absolutely horrendous job. Worked for the summer between college. Many times I made much less than the roughly 12-13 an hour I was promised. Routinely made $10.50 an hour. What they don’t tell you is the job is all commission so it’s all about sales. The starting wage is 10% of every job but since the assistants don’t sell anything it all depends on the crew chiefs who could not be great sellers; meaning that the assistant would get screwed. Everything is about favoritism. You won’t make any money unless you suck up to the managers. Manager threatened our jobs daily. He was immature and would clearly have favorites. For example some people would show up out of uniform and nothing would be said, but if I or any others had done the same thing we would have been written up and had our jobs threatened. He constantly would be in a bad mood if something happened outside of work and he would take it out on the workers. Many senior technicians showed up late everyday by 5-10 minutes. Even the manager was late by a half hour one time. Routes would be made by the manager and instead of scheduling close jobs together he would have us drive back and forth. For example from city A to city B which could be as long as an hour then drive right back from city B back to city A for a job that was in the same time slot. Also did I mention you’re not paid for driving? Roughly 1/3rd of the job is driving. Also you have to meet in the morning for roughly a half hour and at night for around 15-30 minutes and not paid for any of it. The faster you move the more money you make but that also means the  more... worst cleaners were paid the most. One worker was fired even without a warning a suspension or anything which is against company policy. Corporate would force you to accept coupons from other branches during even the busy season. When someone used another branches coupon we would loose money on the job. Our manager was such a pushover we would do jobs that were an hour and a half away in another branches area. When I asked why we do that I was told because the other branches didn’t want to. I cannot describe how bad this job was. I have done manual labor for many of my jobs and this was worse than any warehouse, factory, or landscaping job I have ever had. I wondered why the company had such high turnover rate and now I know.  less
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with daily but not the people I worked for
Cons
Literally everything
Cincinnati branch management sucks
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 17, 2018
The management is definitely dragging this branch down. Training for the new guys is off by two months. You have to just pick up the stuff on your own. Won’t put you in a position to succeed. Management doesn’t know how to deal properly with employees. Take care of the brownnosers but if you’re not one of those guys you’ll get an awful route everyday. Will definitely try to get over on you in many different ways. Always preaching about taking care of the customer but put a time limit on a job they aren’t doing.
Pros
You’ll get hours if you looking to work. Fast pace.
Cons
Long days, will be sent other trucks jobs because that crew is going slow.
A joke
Assistant Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 17, 2018
Not nearly enough money for the cost of bills, gas, life ect... There would be some days that you would only have one job and you wouldnt make a dime if you were a helper.
Cons
Very very low pay
Good clean job
Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 16, 2018
It's been nearly 10 years since I've been here, but it was a great job at the time. I only quit because I couldn't transfer to another shop where I was moving for family
Pros
High speed, commision motivated
Cons
Not many benefits
Fast paced, hard work, family atmosphere
Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 13, 2018
Stanley Steemer was an excellent learning experience for me. I was taught the value or hard work, dedication, and company loyalty. I was proud to be a part of the Steemer family.
not worth it
Technician (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYAugust 12, 2018
you work too long hours have to work 6 days a week for a decent pay check and you have one day off. managment at certain locations have no idea what their employees need.
Pros
clean your own place
Cons
too long hours
Okay place.
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLAugust 11, 2018
I thought Stanley Steemer was an okay place yo work. The manger was good and fair. The franchise owners were fine. They didn't care about there employees lives outside of the workplace. It is common to have another call put on you after working a 12 hour day or being called to come in on your day off. Also it is commission based, which can be tough in a small community like Sebring. A lot of the time there werent enough calls to fill the day. This was especially true during the summer. The part of the job that I liked the most was the satisfaction of seeing a dirty carpet become clean and having the customer be happy.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay, long hours
Poor planning on schedules
Commercial crew chief (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 10, 2018
Has a scheduled start time, but no scheduled end time. Techs work and until the company doesn't want to have any more jobs for the day. Sometimes overnight work is required, and still required to work the following morning.
productive workplace in a non stressful environment
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 8, 2018
I loved working at Stanley Steemer. it was by far one of my favorite places to work I made a lot of money there made some great friends and the work was enjoyable. Driving with a pal to each new house and meeting the customers was always so great for me. I would and have recommended this work to many many people.
Pros
Not stuck in one place all day, work with your body discounts on cleans
Cons
too few to name
Good
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 8, 2018
Working with Stanley Steemer was great since every day was something different. Different homes and situations you needs to take care of for the customers. Great pay as well when your a good salesman and leave the customers satisfied with what was done for them.
Pros
Money
Cons
Days off
It was a great job but the owner didnt take the job seriuse
Carpet Tech (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 7, 2018
He hired friends to work the phone. They wouldn't answer the phone so it got hard to pay the bills and I had to go elsewhere to make money. It gets aggravating when you have jobs and can't do them cause the lady that answered the phone didn't schedule them right
Pros
Its a fun and easy going job
Cons
The money just wasnt there
Stanley Steemer is known for embezzlement
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 6, 2018
would not recommend this company to any one unless pay has increased and management has changed when i first started this was a good company it has went down hill.
Pros
Cons
no family time for small pay
a carpet technition
Assistant Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 31, 2018
come in before 6:45 am every morning, the different ways how to clean carpet/tile as far as management there was one great manager that would help u and treat u like a son,workplace was alright some days will be slow and some will be busy,the hardest part was not knowing what type of person who's house we had to clean and the most enjoyable part was learning our job title on all what is expected of you and to be done.
Pros
good workers
ok job
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 29, 2018
Its an ok job if you dont have a life outside of work. Work days can vary greatly. from 8 hour days to 14 hours. Its all depends on the jobs you have that day.
Stanley Steemer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 29, 2018
Worked there a very long time ago. Free tickets to Blue Jacket games and great discounts on cleanings and products. Relaxed work environment. Flexible work schedules.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough paid time off
Great co-workers. Potential fiends for life.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILJuly 28, 2018
Stanley Steemer is a company that likes too hire with in the company and it not a company that just hands out raises or just promotes you because you are great in part of the field. You need too bring absolutely everything too the table and give it your 110% effort anything and everything. This job will become your everyday life.
Pros
Advancement, money, hours
Cons
Very hard too schedule outside life events
fun enviroment
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 23, 2018
I learned a lot about cleaning carpets and cleaning with different chemicals. I love meeting new people that's was the good part. the workplace was fun a lot of nice people
Pros
meeting new pople
Cons
short breaks
Its not a good company to work you something pay by the hour if you looking for a job
Carpet Technician (Current Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLJuly 21, 2018
Manager there sucks if u ever work there just stay to yourself the management don't talk to u less u are making money they give the jobs to the best ones they not fair at all
Management sucks
Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJuly 20, 2018
With most sales jobs the managers take care of the chosen few or their family. the main boss has his kids work there and they get some of the best routes while the other manager rents homes to some techs that happen to get good routes as well. If you are on the outside looking in then put your head down and get moving in order to make your money.
Pros
Out and about all day
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Steemer Int. Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight