Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews

friendly and helpful
Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  AlbertaNovember 13, 2018
great place to work. everyone is willing to help you learn and better your skills. management tries to contentiously provide work for you. they always try to look after their staff the best they can.
Excellent Company to work for.
Senior Project Engineer/Field Office Manager (Former Employee) –  NY Upstate, NYCNovember 5, 2018
I would work at 7AM until finished. I learned several organizational skills, management skill and GMP. Management up through VP level was easily accessible for questions and concerns. Although I worked in a field office, I was treated like everyone else. When Times were slow, Stantec did not lay off people, they presented a plan for employees to share work time with unemployment time to allow everyone to remain employed and to maintain their benefits. I really enjoyed every aspect of working with Stantec. Unfortunately, when the work in my area dried up, and I was unable to accept a relocation package, I was forced to leave and find another position. While doing this I was allowed to work reduced hours until I successfully found one.
Pros
Can't say enough. Large company with small company values.
Cons
Pretty good company to work for
Project Engineer/Process Engineer / Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 24, 2018
Pretty good company to work for.
Excellent opportunities and lots of potential for individuals to grow under knowledgeable leadership
Excellent benefits (401K, options sharing, vacation, salary and increments)
Awesome teams and very friends colleagues and management team.
Pros
Very good company. Lots of opportunities for individuals to grow
Hard work, good chance to learn
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2018
Great company, you will learn a lot of useful skills. However, you will have to be willing to learn under deadline pressure, or on your own time.
A lot of great people at the company who are willing to help at any time.
Hard to say
Business Development Manager, EPC-Development (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2018
I worked at Stantec during the Great Recession. Layoffs were rampant. Although it has the personality of a big firm, and you are just a number, that is to be expected. It is a big firm. There is little employee interaction, and very little socialization from management. Twice a year, management would make breakfast for employees, other than that it was come to work, put in your 8-10 and go home.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
They will lay you off wth the drop of a hat
A Great Place
Jr Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 2, 2018
A close knit caring work place that is more interested in getting the job done than finding some one to blame. The office makes many attempts to team build and have a good time while still being productive.
An amazing experience
Studying Junior Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  BridgetownOctober 1, 2018
After living Stantec to continue my studies., I felt like I was exposed to the true nature of engineering. I wish in the near future that I would be able to work with them again.
good work environment inside office
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 25, 2018
People are nice. My management people were weak. Management had no clue of processes and seem to have allowed job creep. Immediate Supervisor lacked basic skills to get job done.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no benefits
Stantec allows me to work from home
Senior Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 25, 2018
With two young children, Stantec Consulting Services has offered me a great opportunity to work from home as a Part-time employee. I trust the culture at the main office is great as others I know have been employees of Stantec for a long time and they are happy.
Pros
My ability to work from home
Great place to work,
Architectural Designer (Former Employee) –  475 5th avenueSeptember 24, 2018
At Stantec work environment was very nice and pleasant. I felt happy going to work every day. The workload was reasonable and the Project managers were always there to help.
Relaxed independence
SENIOR ENGINEER - SYSTEM PROTECTION (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 24, 2018
Overall I am satisfied with the level of responsibility I have been given at Stantec. The projects have been adequately challenging and interesting. I am at the point now where I am ready for more...
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Good job, steady, variable tasks, good people
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 17, 2018
Worked as an electrical CAD designer/drafter with the Tempe AZ electrical department. Good people to work with, lots of experience. Encouraged to contribute ideas and solutions. Helped train less experienced operators. Best part of the job was figuring out solutions for tough problems. Worst part was repetitive work at a client's offices that wasn't really my forte to begin with.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Not much upward mobility or recognition
Great Company and people
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 16, 2018
I learned the civil engineering side of construction at Stantec. Great company and great management and employees. I enjoyed the work and all the people I worked with.
would not recomend
Draftsman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2018
not enough work is shared or generated to keep everyone busy in all departments, poor management that is out of touch, multiple have left recently and management provided no feedback or act accountable for causing half of a dept to leave in less then two years
Deliverables excellents
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 6, 2018
meeting with client or project managers, share the work with stress team perform stress analysis or Qa/Qc, the hardest part of the job is fill out the timecard.
Pros
Nice job environment
Cons
Overhead is kill the job opportunities
Encouraging and cooperative supervisors
ACE Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10010September 3, 2018
Working here as an intern, I learned how an architecture firm may operate on a daily basis. Providing interns with creative and complex projects kept us interested and involved.
Project Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 29, 2018
I have been working at Stantec full-time and it is a good job. Not a ton of advancement if you are not an engineer..

Advice to Management

Promote training as much as regulations and rules. Promote incentives to creativity and give as much attention to the ¨doers¨ as for the ¨controllers¨
Pros
Large company with plenty of disciplines, Multicultural environment with highly skill staff, Challenging projects and respect for diversity.
Cons
Slow growth, Lack of cross-operations opportunities, Too much focus on controls with reduced focus on creativity and innovation, Too conservative heritage coming from acquired companies with plenty of senior staff.
Ok
Senior Marketing and Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 20, 2018
Sometimes the spoken culture isn't what is felt. Seemed to be high turnover in some areas. Growth for growth sake through acquisition lost many good employees.
Pros
Fair compensation
Cons
Large footprint, low relationship building
Fun work place, fun people, freedom to work in the area best fits you
Electrical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2018
I have worked for over three years with Stantec and have enjoyed every moment. People are willing to help, and open to new ideas. The work network is enormous.
Pros
Freedom of work
Cons
No comments
Professional place to work
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 4, 2018
Was a short but great experience work with Stantec. The work environment is very professional.
I learned how works the PIO and CEI services s in this Country.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stantec Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Stantec Consulting.

Powered by Comparably