Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews

Great place to work,
Architectural Designer (Former Employee) –  475 5th avenueSeptember 24, 2018
At Stantec work environment was very nice and pleasant. I felt happy going to work every day. The workload was reasonable and the Project managers were always there to help.
Relaxed independence
SENIOR ENGINEER - SYSTEM PROTECTION (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 24, 2018
Overall I am satisfied with the level of responsibility I have been given at Stantec. The projects have been adequately challenging and interesting. I am at the point now where I am ready for more...
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great Company and people
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 16, 2018
I learned the civil engineering side of construction at Stantec. Great company and great management and employees. I enjoyed the work and all the people I worked with.
would not recomend
Draftsman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2018
not enough work is shared or generated to keep everyone busy in all departments, poor management that is out of touch, multiple have left recently and management provided no feedback or act accountable for causing half of a dept to leave in less then two years
Deliverables excellents
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 6, 2018
meeting with client or project managers, share the work with stress team perform stress analysis or Qa/Qc, the hardest part of the job is fill out the timecard.
Pros
Nice job environment
Cons
Overhead is kill the job opportunities
Encouraging and cooperative supervisors
ACE Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10010September 3, 2018
Working here as an intern, I learned how an architecture firm may operate on a daily basis. Providing interns with creative and complex projects kept us interested and involved.
Project Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 29, 2018
I have been working at Stantec full-time and it is a good job. Not a ton of advancement if you are not an engineer..

Advice to Management

Promote training as much as regulations and rules. Promote incentives to creativity and give as much attention to the ¨doers¨ as for the ¨controllers¨
Pros
Large company with plenty of disciplines, Multicultural environment with highly skill staff, Challenging projects and respect for diversity.
Cons
Slow growth, Lack of cross-operations opportunities, Too much focus on controls with reduced focus on creativity and innovation, Too conservative heritage coming from acquired companies with plenty of senior staff.
Ok
Senior Marketing and Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 20, 2018
Sometimes the spoken culture isn't what is felt. Seemed to be high turnover in some areas. Growth for growth sake through acquisition lost many good employees.
Pros
Fair compensation
Cons
Large footprint, low relationship building
Fun work place, fun people, freedom to work in the area best fits you
Electrical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2018
I have worked for over three years with Stantec and have enjoyed every moment. People are willing to help, and open to new ideas. The work network is enormous.
Pros
Freedom of work
Cons
No comments
Professional place to work
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 4, 2018
Was a short but great experience work with Stantec. The work environment is very professional.
I learned how works the PIO and CEI services s in this Country.
Typical
In House Artist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 1, 2018
Great company to work for if you are part of the small group that was part of the previous company that was bought by Stantec and that group already has its own "insider" culture and if you aren't part of it then you kind of just float in your cubicle-like existence like a million other boring jobs. If you think that is job security and want to be a sort of on automatic pilot....well, good luck.
Pros
Downtown Miami has some decent eating opportunities
Cons
Its just plain boring and typical
Don't bother.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 29, 2018
Pretends to be diverse but that's a joke. Typical engineering firm - mostly white guys. Own it if it fits, don't pretend to be pc and hip. No job security, just a number. Somehow our office has no work while the local economy is smoking hot. They bring in managers from other cities that have no clue about local markets, clients, or needs. Totally clueless management; great bean counters though. No mentoring at all for younger staff. Seriously, think twice about this place. FYI: They will raise your utilization requirement without mentioning it to you.
Pros
Flexible work hours. Pay okay for more experience
Cons
Too many to mention. Low morale, zero job security, high utilization requirements for a few.
Varied work experience at a price.
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2018
At Stantec, you can really broaden your scope of skills and abilities, but it often comes with a pretty grueling schedule, or long-term dedications to jobs, leaving little time for personal/family life.
Pros
Good working atmosphere
Cons
Overbearing management
Geotechnicial Consultant (Current Employee) –  dartmouth, nsJuly 18, 2018
typical day: answer calls, provide compaction results, submit paperwork.

learned: time management, working without supervision, professionalism, record keeping.
I worked with the best people!
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Topsham, MEJuly 18, 2018
Stantec was a wonderful opportunity, with an exciting work environment. Field biology is very rewarding, and it was a chance for me to learn many new things.
Great upper management and room for growth.
Office Manager / Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 15, 2018
Through all of my years and the acquisition of a smaller firm, I have truly enjoyed all of my supervisors/Project Managers and for the most part co-workers. Stantec has always tried to pay me the least they possibly could. Thank goodness for their benefit packages that make it worth the hassle of some of the more competitive employees, which you will find on any large corporation.
Pros
Civil Engineering, Land Use Planning & Geology Department Managers great to work for
Cons
Stantec will pay you the lowest possible for your position.
Good Opportunity but not a good work culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 11, 2018
Working at Stantec felt like I was working for a disjointed company interested in growing through acquisitions as quickly as possible, rather than through organic growth. Our original company had a strong work culture prior to the acquisition, and though some things continued to be as normal as promised, other aspects felt very impersonal.
Fun Productive
Seasonal Transportation & Structures Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 10, 2018
Great environment, great people. I enjoyed working for the company everyone treated each other as family. I was always a time to work alone a as a team which was great.
Beware of Finance organization jobs located outside of Edmonton
Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 7, 2018
The company leadership and finance organization positions are extremely Edmonton-centric, with positions in Broomfield treated as lower-class. Very difficult dynamic to work and advance in.
Project/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJuly 5, 2018
Good place to work with great employees. Stantec bought out our former company and I missed the "small town" feel of our original firm, but we were able to maintain much of that after the merger.
Pros
Good people, collaborative nature

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stantec Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss