Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews

Great Place to work, management was super
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Management was great, but job was based on only one project, when housing market went under, so did the office. Pay and benefits were good and hours were flexible.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay, super management
Cons
Job security was dependent on one project.
Good starting company to develop a career
Environmental Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2019
Solid company, good managers, meaningful work with real skills to learn. Starting as an intern I worked my way to a full time position and got the change to work with serious clientele and develop a set of skills that still serves me today.
Great People
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 7, 2019
The Baton Rouge office was the best place I've worked. The people are amazing and the culture is great. The only downside is that the company is huge and can make you feel like a number.
Pros
People
Cons
Huge Company
Good company
Distribution Designer (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 7, 2018
Vacation time is good, it roles over into next year. Market rate pay. Bonuses are bad. Raises are normal. Very average for an engineering firm its size.
Productive and efficient place to work.
Area Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CADecember 3, 2018
Support from upper management for Project Managers. Able to work remotely and make decisions on site as necessary.
Stantec will help you land on a new project as soon as your present job comes to an end.
Pros
you are able to expand your work experience.
Not a very good company to work for!
Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2018
I did not like working at this place!!! I worked longed hours and had to deal with difficult RACIST people on the a regular basis! I had a very difficult supervisor and a overly noisy co-worker who undermined me at every turn!! Morover, you had to find your own work within the company. There were way to many people walking around the company with titles that they shouldn't have!!! Furthermore, The software that the comapny used was way bahind industry standards and made it difficult to keep up with other companies that offered similiar services. What was most disturbing was that this company would receive contracts to perform certain services only to be outsourced to other companies while employees had little to no work!! This company is where compentent people with bright careers go to die! Working at this company was a detriment to my career instead of a plus!! Beware of this company!!
Pros
The size and the position of the company.
Cons
Long work hours, no work life balance, incompentent management.
friendly and helpful
Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  AlbertaNovember 13, 2018
great place to work. everyone is willing to help you learn and better your skills. management tries to contentiously provide work for you. they always try to look after their staff the best they can.
Excellent Company to work for.
Senior Project Engineer/Field Office Manager (Former Employee) –  NY Upstate, NYCNovember 5, 2018
I would work at 7AM until finished. I learned several organizational skills, management skill and GMP. Management up through VP level was easily accessible for questions and concerns. Although I worked in a field office, I was treated like everyone else. When Times were slow, Stantec did not lay off people, they presented a plan for employees to share work time with unemployment time to allow everyone to remain employed and to maintain their benefits. I really enjoyed every aspect of working with Stantec. Unfortunately, when the work in my area dried up, and I was unable to accept a relocation package, I was forced to leave and find another position. While doing this I was allowed to work reduced hours until I successfully found one.
Pros
Can't say enough. Large company with small company values.
Cons
Pretty good company to work for
Project Engineer/Process Engineer / Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 24, 2018
Pretty good company to work for.
Excellent opportunities and lots of potential for individuals to grow under knowledgeable leadership
Excellent benefits (401K, options sharing, vacation, salary and increments)
Awesome teams and very friends colleagues and management team.
Pros
Very good company. Lots of opportunities for individuals to grow
Hard work, good chance to learn
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2018
Great company, you will learn a lot of useful skills. However, you will have to be willing to learn under deadline pressure, or on your own time.
A lot of great people at the company who are willing to help at any time.
Hard to say
Business Development Manager, EPC-Development (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2018
I worked at Stantec during the Great Recession. Layoffs were rampant. Although it has the personality of a big firm, and you are just a number, that is to be expected. It is a big firm. There is little employee interaction, and very little socialization from management. Twice a year, management would make breakfast for employees, other than that it was come to work, put in your 8-10 and go home.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
They will lay you off wth the drop of a hat
A Great Place
Jr Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 2, 2018
A close knit caring work place that is more interested in getting the job done than finding some one to blame. The office makes many attempts to team build and have a good time while still being productive.
An amazing experience
Studying Junior Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  BridgetownOctober 1, 2018
After living Stantec to continue my studies., I felt like I was exposed to the true nature of engineering. I wish in the near future that I would be able to work with them again.
good work environment inside office
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 25, 2018
People are nice. My management people were weak. Management had no clue of processes and seem to have allowed job creep. Immediate Supervisor lacked basic skills to get job done.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no benefits
Stantec allows me to work from home
Senior Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 25, 2018
With two young children, Stantec Consulting Services has offered me a great opportunity to work from home as a Part-time employee. I trust the culture at the main office is great as others I know have been employees of Stantec for a long time and they are happy.
Pros
My ability to work from home
Great place to work,
Architectural Designer (Former Employee) –  475 5th avenueSeptember 24, 2018
At Stantec work environment was very nice and pleasant. I felt happy going to work every day. The workload was reasonable and the Project managers were always there to help.
Relaxed independence
SENIOR ENGINEER - SYSTEM PROTECTION (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 24, 2018
Overall I am satisfied with the level of responsibility I have been given at Stantec. The projects have been adequately challenging and interesting. I am at the point now where I am ready for more...
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Good job, steady, variable tasks, good people
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 17, 2018
Worked as an electrical CAD designer/drafter with the Tempe AZ electrical department. Good people to work with, lots of experience. Encouraged to contribute ideas and solutions. Helped train less experienced operators. Best part of the job was figuring out solutions for tough problems. Worst part was repetitive work at a client's offices that wasn't really my forte to begin with.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Not much upward mobility or recognition
Great Company and people
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 16, 2018
I learned the civil engineering side of construction at Stantec. Great company and great management and employees. I enjoyed the work and all the people I worked with.
would not recomend
Draftsman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2018
not enough work is shared or generated to keep everyone busy in all departments, poor management that is out of touch, multiple have left recently and management provided no feedback or act accountable for causing half of a dept to leave in less then two years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stantec Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Stantec Consulting.

Powered by Comparably