Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 21, 2018
Stantec is a good place tow work. Teamwork environment.
The staff is serious about collaborations. The environment is friendly. The team respect each other and communicate well to complete projects.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
health care, layoff
Canadian and Sr. Management centric
Vice President Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 13, 2018
This is a Canadian company that sees great opportunity in infrastructure work in the US. Lot of work but poor compensation unless you are a SR lMGR or Exec OR a Canadian Support person.
Intern in Endicott
Architectural Intern (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYFebruary 11, 2018
The Endicott office is small and focuses on pharma design. As an intern I was not often included and picked up many odd jobs if I had any task at all. I billed most of my time to training and took some time to teach myself InDesign and CAD.
Pros
Lunch and Learns
Cons
Not very interactive, people are too busy
Highly skilled colleagues and great benefits
SCADA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAFebruary 11, 2018
I enjoy the freedom management places on me without micro-management. Hours are flexible and often able to work from home. I enjoy the wide variety of tasks I perform such as inspection services, SCADA design and programming, plant operation duties, and startups.
Benefits
Cons
Uneven work flow.
Productive workplace
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK & Edmonton, ABJanuary 24, 2018
Diversified learning opportunities in different projects. Professional development courses provided by management. Relaxed workplace atmosphere. Diversified workplace culture.
Great Company
Auto Cad Drafter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2018
I don't recall to many of my daily functions, however the job was fun, and management was nice. Its been about 10 yrs since I've worked there so limited opinion.
Productive job with thin margins
Electrical Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 7, 2018
While the community and culture were exceptional. The compensations and benefits were low enough to cause a new job search. Management seemed to wastefully spend on oversight rather than individuals who could actually preform the tasks need to complete individual contracts.
Pros
community and culture
Cons
Advancement, compensation, and benefits
Great place to work.
Senior Project Manager/Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 28, 2017
Great company with nice perks. Benefits are above average. Christmas to New Year's is usually paid time off. Great leadership development program is utilized.
Pros
Above average work benefits
Cons
I'm not there to help you succeed.
Restoration Ecology
Restoration Technician (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 11, 2017
Overall, it is a good place to work. I came in knowing absolutely nothing about plants and restoration. I was eager to learn and after one year I was able to identify numerous plants by their common name and scientific names. When it comes to Restoration, Stantec is on top of the field compared to its competitors. People from "rival" companies interview with Stantec looking for better opportunities. The safety plan and risk management strategies are incredibly in-depth; sometimes too in-depth (There is a safe work practice on how to sit in a chair and how to use a light switch). The hardest part of the job is the working conditions, like weather, terrain and use of heavy equipment. I have worked in sub-zero degree temps, 50+ mph wind gusts, etc.
Pros
Safety Focussed, work at state nature preserves and sensitive areas
Cons
Work in adverse conditions (weather, terrain, etc), physically demanding/draining some days
Being outside all the time
Surveyor/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 11, 2017
I loved that job. I was a surveyor, and we go and set up new subdivisons and office space. I got to see things no one else did and go places that i never been to. The job is a lot of math and learing on your feet but if you can do it it. Its fun.
Pros
fun people
Cons
working outside
Great company for entry level employees
Office Engineer / Assistant Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 25, 2017
Experience with Stantec was a positive one, especially as an entry level employee at the time. Only negative was the contracts Stantec was involved in with the Maryland department of transportation entities --- all very low pay with minimal opportunity for advancement.
great Job to have
Resident Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 25, 2017
Stantec has the community in mind and that goes for the employees safety and consideration as well. I enjoyed working for such a great company Stantec.
Pros
Self manage
Cons
Can work in unsafe environments
Poorly managed organization
Senior Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MENovember 6, 2017
I found Stantec Consulting to be a poorly managed organization. During the nine years I worked at Stantec Consulting our department decreased through furloughs from 11 to 3. We remaining 3 designers were required to juggle multiple, highly important projects. The last year I worked 50 to 70 hours per week, while being paid for 40.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poorly managed projects
Corporation cares for employees, but not local management
Construction Technician (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 29, 2017
Stantec as a corporate business offers wonderful benefits, compensation, training opportunities, and overall cares for the employees. However, the local management (especially in construction) is less than ideal. Work always comes before home life or activities and the communication is almost abusive at times from supervisors. Construction life comes with the expectation of differing jobs daily and some overtime, however, better management within the office would create a better work environment and result in less turnover.
educational place to work
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Topsham, MESeptember 24, 2017
a very nice company for entry level postions as well as advanced positions. There is a lot of room for independant work, but one has to be ready to work away from home for long periods of time.
Its a cool place to work
Application Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 17, 2017
A typical day at stantec would be relaxed with a friendly work environment.Everyone would be so helpful if you have any issues.For me the hardest part was getting acquainted with technology because it was a new technology with limited resources. The best part is that flexible work hours.
Above Average
Principal (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 16, 2017
Great people and good opportunities. Paying me well for my expertise. The company is huge with multiple lines of business that are not related yet they force everyone to use same templates for some types of projects.
Typical corporate structure as Stantec
Survey Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Bury was purchased by Stantec, Inc. Stantec is a large, international, publicly traded corporation that is motivated solely by the bottom line regardless of the economic climate. They seem progressive in helping people move through the company for advancement. Bury had greatly improved culture but the corporate climate of Stantec has stifled that somewhat.
Exciting place to work
Right of Way Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 31, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Stantec and hated that the project funding fell through and thus cuts needed to be made. I would have liked to branch out into other areas of the company but did not get a chance
Pros
Flexible work environment - could work from home some
Cons
consulting business can be susceptible to economy downturns and jobs not always stable
Good place to start when you're a young professional
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAAugust 30, 2017
Big corporation with lots of opportunities to relocate and work with different design teams in the nation and other countries. Hard for me to keep up with a very demanding work environment and find balance in my personal life
Pros
Benefits, opportunities to expand your knowledge
Cons
Stressful and heavy load work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stantec Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss