Stantec

Stantec Reviews with Jobs

United States329 reviews

Stantec insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive place.

It was hard to balance this job with school. I learned Microstation here at Stantec. I also learned more about floor plans. I also got involved with projects associated with Pepco.

Management is horrible and petty. Save yourself time and effort by not applying here

Management practices double standards amongst employees. What’s good for someone else is not good for you. You are penalized by given extra work for actually coming to work during the pandemic while others sit on their butts at home and collect a check. Management is fine with this behavior. Pay is lowball. No bonuses, minimal raises. Management argues and curses in front of employees, creating a very toxic environment. Management shows NO respect or concern for their employees.

Pros

Lunch Break, 5:00, bathroom breaks, holidays, anything that gets you away from work

Cons

management, pay scales, double standards, singling out certain employees

Overworked, Underpaid, No Job Security, Backstabbing Management, Gossip Culture

A typical day was 10+ hours, trying to keep up with an unmanageable work load in a cubicle farm with no overhead HVAC ventilation while people gossip and backstab.

Pros

Males: if you don't like working you can shove your work onto someone else.

Cons

Healthcare is a good benefit

They care about their people, work is just OK

The projects could be a little more interesting. Smaller jobs, nothing special. A lot of turnover. Basic corporation is good and good systems in place.

Pros

Old training and benefits

Cons

Uninspiring work

Interesting projects and engaged team

Worked on a variety of interesting projects and felt supported by my manager. I felt like I learned so much while working here and made great connections with folks across the US.

Overall good place

Stantec takes care of their employees. They realize part of performance and retention is not to fry their workers. They have a strong emphases on training.

Pros

Strong corporate backbone

Cons

Locally mission could be better defined

Good Experience

great intern experience and were able to work with some amazing and talented people. all were great help and are willing to explain when asked questions.

Pros

Nice and helpful people

Cons

Work can be repetitive, lack of a challenge

Great coworkers but people pleasing managment

If you are a self starter, you are doomed here. Management does not take action on slackers and toxic employees. You spend so much time trying to protect the ct your self as management does not protect it's employees.

Worked there for almost 8 years, really enjoyed my time working there. Great bosses and work mates. Most work is away from home so alot of traveling invloved.

Local team are great

Things are changed for the sake of change, wastes time and dkes nothing for productivity. Overall an ok place to work but depends on your office location.

Exciting and innovative projects; great team and company culture

Ample opportunities for advancement and setting of individual career trajectory based on technical interests and career objectives. Opportunities to wok on some of the most complex and challenging projects. Fantastic company culture focused on diversity and inclusion, safety, and sustainability.

Entrepreneurial, progressive work environment

Stantec is a global firm where crafting your personal brand is encouraged and supported. While the pace of work varies, the projects and programs implemented on behalf of local, regional, state and federal clients make a difference in the everyday lives of communities and the environment. As with many of my colleagues, I joined Stantec through the acquisition of my prior firm. While not every experience is the same, I found the Stantec's practices for introducing new staff to its corporate culture to be effective, transparent and honest. Unlike prior employers, Stantec's business development is focused on clients and projects that are complex, challenging and personally rewarding. Being selective means those that work on projects are more, not less, personally invested because the tasks at hand provide tangible advancement in their careers and their personal growth. That said, consulting is not for everyone. The pace of work will ebb and flow, and the non-entrepreneurial types (i.e. expect others to keep you busy; not seek out assignments that interest you personally/professionally) will struggle.

Pros

Challenging Projects, Flexible Work Schedules, Scary-bright Colleagues

Cons

Not enough bagel Fridays

Great company, opportunities, culture and support

No company is perfect, and large companies often have differing workplace environments from office to office, division to division, as you will see in the reviews. But my personal experience with Stantec has been very good. Stantec acquired the privately held company I worked with for over 25 years, and I had doubts. But the Water group I belong to has good leaders, a strong sense of right-from-wrong, and desire to support its team members. We have set aggressive sustainability, inclusion and diversity goals, and I have had opportunities to grow my skills on a variety of projects and in a variety of roles. There will always be room to improve, but a good company will give it's staff the freedom to make those improvements, and Stantec has done that for me.

Pros

Investment in employees; investment in diversity and inclusion; growth opportunities

Cons

Hard work, but no different than other consulting firms

Very bad please to work. Everyone was on their own. No collaboration among my colleagues. Bad management. I was yelled one time by my supervisor because he didn’t like how I wrote a report instead of providing feedback and helping me understand how to improve. Very unprofessional environment. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Pros

Cons

Most everything

Typical work place, strong pipeline of work, mostly relaxed culture.

This is a typical work place, open office arrangement and standard team structure. Management are quite relaxed and there is a generally friendly and supportive feel if you are in a good team. There are stressful times when there are deadlines but this is not on a daily basis. Lots of knowledge and access to resources across departments. Pay is not competitive with the market and reviews are conducted on an annual basis. Benefits are standard, nothing special. You can buy /sell additional holidays. The adminstration systems are outdated and tedious. Training is stagnant unless you really push for it, even for junior staff on the "graduate" programme which is non existent. Overall, a standard average workplace - nothing special but not awful.

Pros

Friendly and mostly relaxed working culture, large projects.

Cons

Admin, lack of training, grad scheme is not organised.

Excellent management who truly care about improving your future. The office environment is very comfortable and welcoming to new employees. I'd encourage anyone interested to apply.

Great place to learn but not much room for growth

My office got acquired by Stantec and was merged together by another office in South Florida. That office had all the hiring and benefit power over ours so we lost a lot of great people and the quality of employees and management went down real quick. It turned into a very stressed out and toxic work environment. They'll work you to the bone with not much to gain if you're a young professional and they're quick to lay you off in any subtle news of a downturn even though we were borrowing other employees from other offices since our main BC refused to hire anyone for us.

Pros

Great place to learn, Exciting projects

Cons

Burnt out environment. Low pay. Not much room for growth

Management is unpredictable

In 3.5 yrs in my position within my dept. we have gone through 3 different managers. Each one trying their best to take control of dept of 18 team players and the last two were through micro management. The dept. has massive turnover due to the micro-management. An entire implementation team quit due to the stress created by mgr.

Pros

new building

Cons

micro management, no job security, lack of training or advancement

Great place to learn new things. Lots of smart people.

Interesting projects and lots of smart people make this a dynamic place to work. They value their employees and as such are flexible with working arrangements.

Great work, decent pay, but managerial support lacking

Decent pay and standard benefits compared to other engineering companies. Local leadership feigns inclusivity and support. Hands off and no opportunity for growth. Stagnancy in local office but coworkers in other offices are great!

Pros

Other offices

Cons

Manager, no growth

Good People

A lot of great people work here. Seems like a great place to start your career but feels a bit stagnant after a while. Management constantly worrying about billable hours. Lots of people with little work to do constantly. Management does not discipline when people aren’t efficiently working.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stantec. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss