Stanton Optical Employee Reviews

Chaotic mess!
Patient Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 17, 2019
Zero training. No time for family they want you available 24/7 Taught to push sales whether the customer needs it or not. No actual professional on site, or available when errors occur. Taught to lie to the customer about not being able to help them if we can't get a sale. Management has no clue how to run and operate a store on their own. I wish I could give zero stars.
Pros
You are left on your own to sink or swim
Cons
Not having the actual knowledge or equipment to help those in need.
Worst work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 16, 2019
The management is terrible. The whole place is not organized. Drama all the time. Unreliable employees. Stress everyday. Manager talks to you like you’re stupid and like you don’t know anything about anything. Training is terrible. They work you like a dog. All around a horrible environment to be in. If you want to stress out all day every day and want to hate your life this is the perfect job.
Pros
Absolutely NOTHING
Cons
fast passed job, bad management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2019
A typical day at Stanton is normally very busy. I loved what I did, for example helping patients and selling them exactly what they need. However management is the worst I have ever seen. I was recruited with promise of better hours and pay. I started of full time (which promised) now I am at 12 hours a week which is absurd and management does not care at all.Would never recommend this job to anyone.
Not worth it
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLJune 28, 2019
Understaffed underpaid undertrained this business attracts the lowest clientele with two for 59 and on a daily basis you have to explain that one its only 3 panels of glasses and the white tags on the frames you ignore that says $159 is $159 orders come in late the system Zeus is akin to AOL in 95 slow and crashes every second

Chain smoking employees and customers crackheads no clear comunication training is laughable the Call center is based in South America they literally lieto patients to make them come in such as saying we accept all insurances or false prices such or when the Dr is not in and we contact customers to reschedule they tell pts to ignore our calls all for the store employees to get yelled at and deal with the consequences routinely
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Call center
Didn’t like it
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 12, 2019
Management didn’t listen to you . Hours were to long from open to close . Didn’t train you , just stuck you on an assignment and expected you to get it right . Didn’t let you have lunch until the end of your shift and we all know you can’t work well without eating . Not a friendly work environment at all
Pros
Cons
Can’t eat, never trained
Save yourself the trouble and apply to another company
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 9, 2019
I will come right out and say it: this is NOT a company you can build a career at. It is structured like a pyramid scheme and the advancements only come if you step on your fellow managers. It has ZERO work/life balance, but that is what they say they pride themselves on. The pay is low for what you need to put up with, and your management and support teams are not knowledgeable about their own technology and can not help you. The way eye exams are done are completely unethical and should be barred from every state. I enjoyed my first 2 months there, but the rest was a HUGE disaster waiting to happen. They want you to be a support to your sales staff, but get upset if you yourself don’t make sales, but it is impossible to do so when you’re dealing with so many ethical issues with angry customers. Don’t do it. Please.
Pros
2 free glasses
Cons
Everything else.
Great opportunity for those who want an office job
Patient Coordinator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJune 5, 2019
Fast paced, pretesting patients, answering calls, faxing, and emailing patients. A great job for someone younger and with computer knowledge. Staff is friendly and a second family.
Pros
Discounts for friends and family, freedom, hours
Cons
Corporate expects too much, time intervals
Poor management
Manager in Training/ Optician (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 23, 2019
Management is very useless. There is no job security and the compensation is poor to say the least. They are a money hungry company who care more about making a sale than a customer. You are expected to do everyone’s job because they are very understaffed.
Pros
Cons
Management lacking, very low compensation, you are expected to do everyone’s job.
its a job
Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 20, 2019
The company is all bells and whistles ive been with the company for over 5 years and there is soooo much that i can elaborate on, but i want to keep this short and simple. NOT professional at all, and if i could go back in time i probably would have never taken this job, it was out of necessity to work here. To anyone considering this job, i would say to make it temporary while seeking something better.
Pros
free glasses
Cons
everything
Sales
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMay 13, 2019
This job was a very good start into the optical business. The company was fairly new so it definitely has a few flaws but over all a good company to work for.
Don’t do it! Run!
Optometric Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 11, 2019
This is hands down the worst company I have ever worked for! I’ve never worked somewhere where they expect you to basically beg the customer for a sell. Not to mention the sells floor makes commission but they expect everyone to sell(but the sells floor only gets the commission not the patient coordinators). Management expects you to lie to customers and sell them things even if they don’t need it. Management breaks laws or bends them to their own advantages. This company is a walking law suite waiting to happen.
Pros
Cons
Everything! Not worth the stress
Don’t even waste your time.
No specific title (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 7, 2019
If you have no kids, no life and don’t need to take care of yourself then, this is definitely the place for you. Management is a joke. Work-life balance is a joke. The favoritism is ridiculously real. Everyone is working to get someone else fired. You are constantly talked about throughout the store. Managers will guilt you into never having a day off. Most unprofessional management ever. The company as a whole is a joke. Could write a novel about the mistreatment and someone should really sue these people.
Pros
Get the experience
Cons
Everything else
Do not recommend to work here
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 2, 2019
Management steals money and shows a lot of favoritism if they do not like u u will get 15hrs a week if not less! There is no communication no structure.. everyone does what they want. No respect for patients. Everyone is rude and unethical! Time off only for those they favor.
Pros
Cons
Favoritism, hours, no career advancement
This is a nice place to work until you find another place of employment.
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMay 1, 2019
Stanton Optical is not a great place to work. However, it is a job and it pays .....you have benefits paid vacation sick days but you have to have a doctor's excuse to use your sick days. 401k if you sign up for it. I'm not going to say that it's the place, moreso, the people that are over the company itself. The people up in corporate don't care about your life at home, I have been working there for over a year and no one realized that I had been there for a year until I said something. I asked about a raise no one knew when or if I would get a raise. So I'm not really excited about the company in general because they don't show any Employee Appreciation they don't care about anything--but sales!
Scammers
PC (Former Employee) –  TXApril 26, 2019
Stanton optical might seem like a great place to work at first. They sell you with bonuses and full time hours and over time pay. Learning is easy and exciting at first, but once you are there for a couple of months and see the realness of the company, you start to realize what a terrible company this really is. They give unrealistic sales goals in order to bonus. For example if you have 5 appointments, the sales goal would be $2500, which means the sales team would have to make $500 per customer, but 90% of the customers come in for the 2 for $59 deal, so that means that it is extremely rare to bonus. The virtual refractionist are not always accurate, which means about 30% of the patients are remakes, that is if the sales/management put their orders in because remakes count against them, so they put it off as long as they can until the customer finally threatens to get a refund, then they finally decide to put the remakes in. The support lab is horrible. They always send in wrong order or incomplete orders or sometimes it take sometimes months to send in orders, which calls for a lot of complaints and refunds. They promise raises and promotions, but in reality they just string you along as long as they can, then they hire new employees to pay them less so they won't have to give raises, then they cut your hours until you decide to go elsewhere. This is a fraudulent company and i would not be surprised if it went under. My advise would be to not stop looking for a job if hired by stanton optical.
Pros
Easy to learn
Cons
Terrible company
Worst place to ever work!
OD Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 24, 2019
Management sucks! Employees call and email corporate or managers above them to complain about their job and other coworkers! Management has 0 tolerance for mistakes or you’re treated like an idiot. Favoritism by management is the only way you will move up or if you know someone who currently works there then you are guaranteed a position! If you are looking for a toxic work environment this is the place to be!!
Pros
Extended lunch
Cons
Worst management in history
Horrible job security
Sales Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORApril 23, 2019
Place was fine to work in the beginning, but my location had such a high turn over that there were new staff and management every few months. There is no real job security and the changes to commission structures made is so if you wanted to make any good money, you have to get promoted.
The pay was way lower for a manager position than most all other places and the worst thing is they made us lie to our patients.
Main thing is that we were forced to state we had a doctor in house every day when we only had them a couple times out of the week.
Pros
Cheap prices for customers
Cons
No job security and no recognition for doing good work.
Really???
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 10, 2019
Had my compensation changed several times in my time here (never for the better). Serious lack of teamwork and support was nonexistent. All about money, no care AT ALL for patient welfare. Hardest part of the job was the frustration and disappointment in the patients faces and eyes. Refunds, remakes and patient dissatisfaction.
Pros
cheap insurance
Cons
no future, no teamwork, no feeling of accomplishing patient happiness, and no hope
Great place to begin learning about the optical field!
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 10, 2019
Typical day at work is to expect the unexpected and be ready to inform, problem-solve, de-escalate customer complaints, and re-establish rapport

I have learned a great deal of self-reliance, how to keep customers, learn at the drop of a hat, and teach others repetitiously due to high turnover

Employee Retention needs to be made a priority

The hardest part of the job is the flow of customers--sometimes difficult to keep up with many walk-ins and appointments

Enjoyed working with the doctors and learning new technology
Pros
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you can rely on yourself to do the best you can, to make a difference, help each customer to have a functional pair of glasses to see.
Cons
Management/Corporate Behavior, Organizational Behavior Classes are not offered to all employees and Staff
Patient Coordinator
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 8, 2019
Overall I enjoy my job but the compensation is two low for all job duties that I do on a day to day basis. This job is on average deemed 15 dollars an hour but compensation here is 11

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanton Optical. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3