Staples Employee Reviews

Found 8,122 reviews matching the search See all 9,374 reviews
Great Company, Customers were very serious
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 17, 2018
Loved working there, just wasn't enough hours to be had and customer interactions were often negative because they were just shrewd business people. I don't blame them for it but for some, it was not easy to handle
Pros
fun coworkers, great bosses, advancement
Cons
not enough hours given to pay the bills
Upper management is not well scouted
Manager (Former Employee) –  MIOctober 17, 2018
Upper management is very poor. Worse I've seen and I was with the company for 18 years. Unrealistic help from the district manager. Newly hired upper management have zero training and doesn't hold standards of the core beliefs.
staples
front end cashier/ tech (Former Employee) –  North Hills, PAOctober 17, 2018
after wos of being withe company i was tranfered to another store i became tech and sold more square trade plans i was # 1 in the distract for Survey replys i was cashier and tech
Pros
people and 10% off discount
Cons
no benifits
Workers are spread too thin.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHOctober 16, 2018
The company talks about how they value work and personal life balance, but the amount of work you are expected to accomplish cannot be completed in a 40-hour work week. There is a lot of pressure to work long hours.
Pros
Compensation is good.
Cons
Management is week and distant.
Gotta be quick
Warehouse Picker/ Packer / Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77040October 16, 2018
be prepared to hit the ground running as soon as you clock in .
fast paced
Warehouse environment
Great Managers
clean break room
hardest part of the job is pulling the large picking carts
great coworkers
Slow workplace
Case Picker (Former Employee) –  Gresham, OROctober 16, 2018
How can you go about someone who did their job by completing it and yet having to stick around to help the other departments who lack in the work area, or are slow pickers, or just individuals who lack at everything because this job isn't for everyone. Staples has a thing called BPH, Boxes per hour. meaning you have to scan and pick a quantity to meet their standards. Now there would be individuals who surpassed their standard goal and their where those who did not but they still didn't care about making the job fair to everyone. The culture area of this company was nice people, but there was some racist people inside the company.
Pros
provided gift cards on meetings
Cons
dirty atmosphere
great culture
Certified Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILOctober 16, 2018
this was probably one of my favorite jobs. great company to work for and the team I had was amazing. the pay isn't the top but they are very flexible and we had a great management team at my store
Pros
flexible, great culture
Cons
pay is a little low
Alright
EasyTech Technician and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 16, 2018
Customers were probably the "hardest" part: you get a variety of them with odd problems, or just didn't know how to take care of their computers. But, it comes with the work so I can't really complain.
Very very poor place to work..
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Burlington, IAOctober 15, 2018
Would not recommend this place to anyone.. if you did your job and they had to send someone home I was the one.. then I would see most of them just sitting there and talking..I also was asked to come in and work on my day off and I wouldn’t even get my break until the person that Was going home had there’s.. when they were coming back from break when I was clocking in.. I was expected to do more work than others.. they would have product for mark down and if I didn’t get it done it would be put in the backroom for me until the morning.. the night person didn’t have to do it.. only thing is that if I was working the shift I would have to get it done..
Pros
Paid vacation after 1 year, discounts for purchase made
Cons
May have to go home after you get there in 5 minutes.
No use going here!
Easy Tech Expert (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLOctober 15, 2018
Don't go there... while it may not be so bad for other people my experience was not usual. I was demoted from doing the thing I loved to do cashier which was not why I went to college to get a degree in
Computer Science.

Want to know more about Staples?

Ask a question
Staples
Associate (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCOctober 15, 2018
Staples is a decent part time job to have if you are in school/ college. Compensation is not the greatest, and the expectations are high. Not a bad temporary job.
sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIOctober 15, 2018
I believe in a smile is a thousand words. I have won a lot of awards durng my carreer. The company loves to share stories and ex[eriences as well as team work. a good team is successfull
Pros
meet new people
Cons
nothing
overall review
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 15, 2018
a typical day at work consists of me coming in, taking my thing off and getting down to work.Grabbing the u-bolts and start unpacking each item off of it.stocking all the items were they belong on each shelf I watch out for sku number so I don't out things in places were they don't belong..clearing out aisle when it tends to get packed..i usually do this for the day
Pros
helpyfull, respectfull-help one another
Cons
short breaks
Don;t do it...... Find something else
General Manager (Former Employee) –  OHIOOctober 15, 2018
Initially you think it would be a great job, but NO... Your hired to do a handful of things... Then you find out, you have to do it ALL. And with the WORST training I have ever seen. The training doesn't even come CLOSE to what the job entails.
Plan on spending EVERY single day and night unless you come to a store that is appropriately staffed and they are somewhat able to do the job. If not, pack your bags and move into the store. Because that is what it feels like.
The overtime that salaried employees have to do isn't worth the pay, because you have NO LIFE at all.
The upper management is an ABSOLUTE joke. Some have no idea on how to even run a store. It is a JOKE.............
MOVE ON to something else rather than this place. Won't be long before they shut there doors like a lot of the other retailers.
Buy ONLINE... it is cheaper.
Staples
Print Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 14, 2018
Great place to work, I would recommend Staples to others as a referral. Management would ensure of a proper work life balance. Staples was recently status as privately owned.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Copy center is fast paced and stressful
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAOctober 14, 2018
As much as I enjoyed what I did, the job was very stressful, although with the fast pace, days went by pretty quick.
Being in copy center, we have to go above and beyond our duties and do any other position the manager asked such as stalking, cashiering etcetera.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
One manager was almost always rude and took his bad attitude out on employees
A company all bout productivity and sales
Special Order (Former Employee) –  Orange city IowaOctober 14, 2018
Work hard, Do not make friends with managers.
Keep your head down and stay out of anything you hear. Job is interesting.
Be there to do a job not to make friends.
Pros
Good benefits after 6 months can work from home
Cons
Now the company is all about $ not the people, they keep letting people go, Hiring new people instead of promoting from within, After years of working I watched other coworkers being picked on by management.
staples store
Easy Technician (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLOctober 14, 2018
no advancement, poor hours, limited hours, poor pay..management was not concerned for employees only the bottom line. assistant manager became verbally abusive.
not busy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJOctober 14, 2018
Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service. Operating cash registers, managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers. ... Cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts
Very stressful
Part-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Conway, NH 03860October 12, 2018
I was hired with no retail experience and put on 3 hr shifts because I could not keep up with high volume the first week, never given an opportunity to improve or use prior computer skills. Never given opportunity to work on stocking counters or other functions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.9K
32.5K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.9Fairygodboss Score

43%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

62%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss