Staples Employee Reviews

Found 8,509 reviews matching the search See all 9,805 reviews
Would not reccomend
Staples Tech Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHFebruary 16, 2019
Management put unreasonable expectations on the staff that worked hard due the lack of staff and the fact that many of them didn't do their job. It made for a very stressful but secure job.
I've enjoyed working for Staples
OPERATIONAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAFebruary 15, 2019
Staples was a great place to work. There was always something to do. Great staff! I learned many things working at staples and am very great full for the peers and advisers I had there.
Staples employs very terrible management...
TECH SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZFebruary 15, 2019
Working at Staples for 2 years and in two different states I came to realize that they do not know how to employ proper management or train them correctly. There is very little room for advancement and or promotions in the company. They completely ignore hard working employees and rarely give recognition unless they are bombarded by their District Manager. I'm sure that there are other store without this issue, however I was not fortunate enough to receive those locations. If you decide to work at Staples, you will likely run into great employees who are fun and very helpful when asking for question, but do not expect your manager to be helpful in the slightest. Once again, I've only experienced two different stores and others may be different but take this advice into all of them.
Pros
Cons
Too many to count
Culture is a lie
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Wauregan, CTFebruary 15, 2019
Company values are a lie. Accountability is lacking. Management has their favorites and stick with them even if someone more experienced has a differing view. They like "yes men". Arrogant as to their way is the only way, EVER. New idea's are heard but very rarely tried. Everyone works hard, and are mostly good people but if you have a good work ethic, your exploited and expected to pick up the slack of those that don't.
Pros
peers are good people
Cons
tough to get 40 hours during slow times
Good starter job
Print & Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAFebruary 15, 2019
I worked in the printing and marketing department. I learned many skills and became proficient in common office software that allowed me to move companies and step into a better full time job.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAFebruary 14, 2019
They fired me over a unpaid monster that I paid for later and when I checked myself out with my employee number by mistake they fired me over it and I loved the job and I just think it’s bull that I was fired over something that was a mistake
Pros
Cons
Higher up management scares you
Management seemingly nonexistent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJFebruary 13, 2019
If you keep to yourself and like taking orders from people who wont do it themselves, hop on board. Pay is low for the work load, hours are iffy. Lots of infighting, turf wars it seems despite working in the same store!
Never have I been treated so badly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windham, NHFebruary 13, 2019
From day one the women in the Copy center were terribly mean to me. I wasn't spoken to or I was spoken to as if I were a piece of dirt. At the end, I cried on the way to work. I went to management twice to try to resolve the problem and frankly, I was verbally abused by the store manager and he denied that there could possibly be a p problem. I've never, ever had such a bad work experience.
Cons
very inbred, closed community
Staples was one of the best working experiences
Tech and Mobility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTFebruary 12, 2019
If retail paid a livable wage I would've never quit my job at staples. I miss the people, i miss the environment and I miss my coworkers. If i could trade my job now for comparable money I would do it in a heart beat.
Pros
people, fun, fast paced
Cons
pay
Great team culture
PRINT & MARKETING ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 12, 2019
Great team culture in a high paced selling environment. A lot of direct client interaction in outside sales. Fun and energetic office atmosphere.
High sales goals; expectations change year over year. A lot of change in the last three years.

Want to know more about Staples?

Ask a question
Unless you want to always be overworked do not work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAFebruary 12, 2019
When i first started working here everything was great, Soon after everything changed and people would come and go, Anyway unless you want to be over worked and cross trained for very little pay. Management does not care about you they just want you to make money and sell things no one would want or need. Management shows favoritism for the one's they like and move them up and over work and yell at the one's they don't. you might think i am just saying this to make them look bad but everything i am saying is true. you will be overworked and under payed and will be crossed trained and lied to that they are going to move you up the chain and not moved at all
Pros
Discount 10%
Cons
favoritism, Overworked
Will recomend
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAFebruary 12, 2019
I was happy the time I was there. I got alot of experience there and if I ever had an issue i can talk to the current supervisor. Overall it was a good place to work
fast paced work environment
FC Associate 4 (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 12, 2019
Working here at Staples was a learning experience. They trained me on the electric pallet jack which lead me into advancement. The facility was always clean.
Very competitive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, NYFebruary 12, 2019
You have to get along with the managers if you want hours. There’s a lot of favoritism in Staples and managers are rude, they hate talking to customers about any problems.
Pros
Discount is okay
Cons
Favoritism and rudeness
Bad experience for me, but management changed.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJFebruary 12, 2019
I had a very confrontational store manager, and it was not a fun time for me. But managers have changed since I left, so things seem better whenever i go in to shop.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Barely above minimum wage.
Overeager New Management
PRINT AND MARKETING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDFebruary 11, 2019
Overall Staples was a really fun place to work. None of us can choose our co-workers and this place did have a high turnover rate. Some management played favorites and did not evenly distribute day to day cleaning and merchandising.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Lunches and Dinners
Cons
Limited Full Time Positions
Apply here if you’re already dead inside
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutFebruary 11, 2019
Literally the worst place I’ve worked. Metrics are ridiculous and management only cares about sales. Operationally the store suffers because of the sales orientation and there only two people stocking things. Just don’t do it
Pros
Cons
Everything honestly
Retail sales environment at Staples is very toxic. Pay is very low for the expectations.
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2019
The compensation at Staples is very low when compared to the expectations management has, at least for my current position. Lots of manual warehouse labor without the corresponding pay you might expect from such strenuous activity.
Pros
Close to where I live
Cons
Poor benefits, poor pay, and poor corportate mentality in regards to lower associates.
Not fun
Technician (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 10, 2019
Typical corporate environment. Cold people, not much fun.
It pays the bills. I can not think up 150 characters.
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Cold atmosphere
Fun work environment, a lot of great times
Tech and Mobility Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 9, 2019
In my opinion I learned so much working at staples. We went through a lot of ups and downs with management. A lot of turn around with part time employees. I would recommend getting a job here if you would like to pursue a job in retail and take the time climbing up the corporate ladder.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K
43.1K
32.6K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Staples.

Powered by Comparably