Staples Employee Reviews

Easy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 16, 2018
Works with schedules for other things. Lets you go to school or even work another job if needed. Typically also gives you any time off you ask for. Very flexable.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Healthcare
Don't do it
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 16, 2018
Staples used to be a great company but now it's going downhill. The company wants the employees to do so much for such little pay while the prices of products are getting higher and higher. The company really doesn't care about their associates.
Pros
Cons
Little pay, disrespectful managers, no team support
This is so far the best job I've ever had
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLJuly 16, 2018
The environment is amazing. I love working with my co workers, love my job description, love the store that I work in and everything about it. I only complaint is the pay. For the amount of work and dedication i put in, I'd like to be compensated fairly.
Good place to work retail with decent pay for part-time work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJuly 16, 2018
Worked with the company for two years, management was rough at times but overall acceptable and mostly friendly. I learned a lot of written and verbal communication skills through constant interaction with customers. Co-workers were great to work with. The company did have unreasonable goals when it came to sales and not reaching these goals caused constant issues between the higher-ups and my managers, which then trickled their frustrations down to the my co-workers and I. Overall I would say the company was great to work for and would recommend it to others. I left when my location closed and I was relocated to a store where management was unorganized and talked down to my co-workers in ways I can only imagine are illegal.
Pros
Great Retail Work, Decent Pay for Part-Time Work
Cons
Unreasonable Sales Goals, No Commision
Good culture but not consistant between teams
Associate Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 16, 2018
There is a good culture here if you are lucky to be on a team that accepts it. Like any large corporation, the benefits vary from team to team. The hardest part is priorities shifting every single day. It is difficult to stay on track with fire drills running constantly.
Nice pay
Breakpack Orderfiller (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 16, 2018
Its pays good but very fast paced you just have to pack the boxs in a neat manner while you are picking correctly and watching out for your co workers so that you dont bump or injure them with a cart.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hot and fast paced
staples is amazing
Copy & Print Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocean, NJJuly 16, 2018
i wish i didn't have to move out of state. Staples was an amazing place for me to work. the people were genuine and understanding. they let me work extra hours whenever i wanted to.
Pros
everything about staples is great
Cons
no cons
Staples
Print & Marketing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Turnersville, NJJuly 16, 2018
Good for a first job, seasonal employment, or working while in college. If your goal is to supplement income while doing the three options I just mentioned, this is the job for you.
Pros
Good for building a resume.
Cons
Not a sustainable career option.
A great place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 16, 2018
The environment is similar to any other DC. A lot of development went to internal hires which were eventually promoted to leadership roles. There was also yearly conferences which helped to bring the team together.
Pros
Great development programs
Cons
Overtime
Very nice people and a fun place to work at
Picker (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 16, 2018
Always on time. Very hard worker. Always checked my surroundings. Never missed a day. Very nice supervisors. Very clean enviroment. Been working warehouses for awhile there nice to work with.
En líneas generales bien.
Breakpack and bulk (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2018
Buen salario y beneficios, en algunas ocaciones se manipa el horario de trabajo
Pros
Seguro médico, 401k
Was a nice, enjoyable job
Office Supplies Associate (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDJuly 15, 2018
Was very fun, pretty easy and good environment. Manager were very fun to be around and worked with you if you were having a hard time, overall so far my favorite job I've had.
Pros
Got food when did good with sales
Stressful
Copy Center Rep / Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 15, 2018
Stressful place to be no good management team at this place. Would not work here again. Nothing else to say about this place. Just my opinion that's all.
Staples
Staples Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 15, 2018
At staples outside of management cashiers/customer service reps. is doing too much work for not enough money! You have to ask customers for too much stuff before they can get out your line and go home or where ever they go when they leave staples. For ex.
you have to ask if they would like a STAPLES CREDIT CARD, A STAPLES REWARDS CARD, CAN THEY MAKE A DONATION FOR LOCAL CLASS ROOMS IN NEED, WOULD THEY LIKE A SCREEN PROTECTOR CALLED LIQUID ARMOR, DO THE WANT A PROTECTION PLAN ON THE SMALLEST THINGS. Like a mouse cost $5 and they want to know if they want a protection plan for 5.99 or 7.99. Some customers gets mad when you asking them 50 thousand questions. I want to continue providing great customer service I don't want my customers leaving upset.
A day in the life of retail!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 15, 2018
Being a retail manager is a life all over the place! Fun, rewarding, Stressful and ever changing by the minute! Over the years, it has taught me that no one day is the same! I love being able to meet and help new people every day!
great place
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 15, 2018
very fast paced environment, great management in Michigan, opportunities for advancement within company, great leadership and assistance in training. great place to work
Pros
great management
Cons
Working at Staples had its ups and downs.
Staples Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ammon IDJuly 14, 2018
Overall, working for Staples wasn't too bad. Sometimes the sales goals were impractical and often times didn't get achieved. Corporate really hammers on the head manager for failing to meet certain goals and often times that stress gets taken out on the employees.

You are treated like family here, which is probably the best part. Almost 100% of the time, I never really had any issues with any employee. Everyone is generally pretty easy going. However, you need to make sure you do your job. If you are at least trying your best, you will succeed.

Selling products and services are really pushed. No commission which is too bad. Honestly the more you sell, the more hours you get.

Beware that sometimes Staples can be understaffed meaning that they will schedule you during times where you can't work. Which is annoying. There oftentimes isn't any consent. This is probably the worst part. This even can happen to requested time off.

I've definitely learned to be a better salesman.
Pros
employee discount, benefits, friendly coworkers, good amount of breaks
Cons
Work/Life Balance, no raises or career advancement (possibly after a year)
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 14, 2018
Sociable, open minded employees and employers; Great attitude, willing to help and take the extra steps, to ensure good work ethics.
Very clean and friendly environment
opportunities for hard workers to be promoted
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDJuly 14, 2018
opportunities for hard workers to be promoted within the company. pay could be better for all positions. most stores have high turnover rates. good place to work for a short-term job
Overall bad
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 14, 2018
I moved to Virginia in effort to seize opportunity, what I saw was management excited to literally end people's careers and bring new blood. I worked 12 hour days 5-6 days out of the week. Work was fast paced and competitive to say the least. There was a lot of bad attitude and habits. Everyday at Staples you felt expendable and if you didn't perform well enough to their expectations you were replaced. I was all too eager to leave that place behind. In fact, they sold all their assets to taylor communications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K
42.8K
32.4K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.9Fairygodboss Score

43%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

43%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.