Staples

Staples Employee Reviews

United States12,023 reviews

Found 12,023 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,766 reviews
copystoreprintassociateretailsalecustomercustom

Great place for part time work.

Great place for part time work. Staples closed the store location that I worked at for part time work. Great group of employees and bosses. Didn't mind working late. Comparable salary for part time retail.

Pros

Discounts for employees.

Cons

Not enough hours.

Fun and carefree

I spent sixteen months there and it was a great work experience. I learned so many different skill sets and loved working with my coworkers. I greatly enjoyed my time there and would consider going back to them.

Staples insights

Based on 4,806 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Okay workplace with demanding corporate goals

Staples is bleeding money, and will probably go out of business in the next 5 years. Every internal corporate project was obviously done out of the fear of losing more money. From erasing my annual raises to pushing employees harder and harder to get good numbers, it's clear that anything Staples does from here on out is part of a desperate attempt to make as much money as possible before going bankrupt. My coworkers were nice though, and I still talk to most of them after quitting.

Pros

The HP representative comes by occasionally and gives you a pen

Cons

No bonuses, no commission, no tips, meager raises (20 cent raise per year)

Cashier

I liked working here as a cashier. The people are friendly and my boss I quite liked. The lady went on pregnancy leave. I opened a couple times. We were situated right by the Dutch bros so we got tons of coffees

Not a great place

If all you had to do was the job you applied for, which in print is hard enough, it might be an ok place to work. However you are suppose to do your job, that of the other departments as well as act as the manager on duty all at once. If the sales go down its your fault, yet you can't be where you need to be to do your job properly. Also customers don't respect what you do and how out of your way you go to get them the best possible product. You feel let down because they aren't providing you the support you need or you have management that just doesn't care.

Fun place to work

Great place to work, good management they made you want to come into work. Worked with my schedule, not long hours and the pay was decent. Would highly recommend

Overworked & under paid

The company constantly lays off. The people that don’t get laid off are given more work with no extra pay. You will be micromanaged and expected to do an outrageous amount of work. Once you reach a salaried position you will work a lot of hours without getting paid because it’s salaried.

What is the best part of working at the company?Enjoyed working with the employees What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Received no help from management in terms of copy center. But then would get on your case if you are falling behind because you are short people. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Don't expect any help from management

It’s ok not great

It was ok not great could be better. They put where they need you not where you wanna go. Which is ok but still the management isn’t good and little incompetent

What is the best part of working at the company?I learned volumes about customer service and efficiency in print production.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Unfortunately, it felt that you had to beg for hours to work.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Not good.

Love it

Just wow u love working here I promise you that! Great management, co workers, training, holiday pay etc. the customers are all so friendly and kind. I love helping them!

Productive but sometimes overwhelming

If you have a fully staffed team, the work can be fulfilling and rewarding. But if you're working with the bare minimum, the job can be very stressful.

Poor management about store level

The upper management does not care for anyone below General Manager. They look at them as just someone to pump out numbers and if you don't they want to let you go either by pushing you out or eventually firing you. They don't care about the manpower as they give you a large checklist that would take a set amount of hours but give you only half or 3/4 of the manpower to do it.

Not worth it

Extremely fast paced and managers pick favorites, didn't have a social life at all once I started working here. Working 5 brutal days a week. They pay pretty well, but not worth it.

Horrible

Work literally anywhere else, they take advantage of you here. Every new hire I met here had no clue what they were getting paid, didn't know they had breaks, some got hired then didn't get an update to their schedule for weeks. Doesn't follow availability, and threaten you with termination when you try to leave on your schedule time or even 20 minutes past it.

Incompetent management

Management is a joke. They never schedule enough people at a time to get required task done then sit and complain that nothing gets done and that the store is a mess. Will have to deal with the most Karen customers there are. Pay is terrible for the amount of work that is required. Management is on your back every 5 seconds to get stupid app downloads and protection plans on printers laptops etc.

Pros

Cons

Everything about this job

It’s ok

Basic job..they will pester you about selling protection plans and they don’t care if you lie to get that sale..otherwise easy job if you have right management

n/a

It's a retail job, so don't expect much. If the store manager is in a bad mood you better steer clear of them because they obliviously like to take it out on the nearest person.

Pros

Money

Cons

toxic work enviroment

No real room for growth

Staples have good schedules and decent pay. I believe they can be more competitive. Management doesn’t quite focus on employees needs. Good benefits and programs available for personal needs and mental health

Stressful without benefit

In my opinion this is clearly a company on the downturn. Every day the metrics that we need to force down peoples throats gets larger and larger. Its clear that with less customers the company wants to milk the ones who still do come in for all they are worth

What is the best part of working at the company?The best part was weekends offWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Zero to no management. Turnover is extremely high. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The environment is a free for all no supervision or leadership. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful and busy. Never enough associates to cover shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.9Fairygodboss Score

46%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

42%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss