Staples

• Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Underpaid and demanding customers

This is not a good job for someone who is stressed easily. I feel that the amount of work does not equal the amount you are paid per hour. They should definitely pay more. Other than that, it's an ok job. You are on your feet constantly.

Pros

Learn new things

Cons

Demanding and stressful

Was a job that taught me how i shouldn't be as an employee

No professionalism between employees and management. Pay was ridiculous considering how hard physically the job was. I never met ceo or even knew who they were. Did not receive benefits there so no comment on that.

Pros

No pros

Cons

No pay and expected to be work to death

pay

they are a great company to work for but they don’t pay enough for all the extra stuff employees have to deal with. I have been working there for a little over six months and I was told that you don’t really get a raise. The pay is weekly but in my opinion it is not enough to live by unless you have a full time job.

Good start to sales

I worked there for able a year and a half as a B2B rep. It was my first job out of college and really pushed me into the sales world. I had to go to businesses and try and sell the Staples 'Premium' Business Package. I was a tough job but taught me a lot.

Great Managers

I worked as a Print & Marketing Associate for 3 years. I loved the new challenges that came with every new project. There is always something new to learn. The managers were always inclusive and supportive. Always felt like I was valued here.

Pros

Managers, benefits, new skills

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Work life balance horrible, if this was better would be a great place to work

Work life balance is horrible, if work life balance would better would be a awesome place to work. Pay is good, good culture, nice co workers..........

Pros

Culture, pay

Cons

Work life balance

Job

Terrible management the wont certify you even if know how to operate anytime of life truck. Not a good company to work for. Managers talk to u any kind off way no respect they dont give u all your ours.

Applicable

Job at staples is a easy one but there is no communication among management also there's favoritism shown through out the facility and there's no form of discipline among associates or management for their actions

Staples is struggling to find a direction stay relevant

I wish Staples all the best for the future but management of the Fulfillment Centers from the RVP's up change their priorities on a daily if not hourly basis. Mid-level management feels abused while trying to keep up with aggressive goals. The staffing strategy is increasingly relying on fewer associates and more temp agency staff while expecting increased quality, productivity and turn over rates. Staples has many good attributes and there are opportunities for associates to move up, but the corporate culture definately has changed for the worst since Sycamore Group purchased them.

Productive and Fun workplace

I really enjoyed working at Staples Midtown. It was a great job with outstanding management. Working there encourage me to have a high work ethic. The management kept you on your toes.

Should be more team oriented for better results

New facility in North Carolina with a horrible employee retention rate. Inventory is full of made up numbers, and the hourly employees plus supervisors are well under paid. The managers here seem to be afraid to share new ideas because of the turnover. The two tenured (15years plus) operations managers left for other jobs in different companies. There’s an underlying virus that hopefully the management team can identify because they are capable of making the FC and great place to work.

Work experience

Enjoyed meeting new people with different job titles and resources. Able to learn different ways of how technology can be used. Opportunity to use my customer service well

Good sometimes

Didn't like working there when company moved into new build people was not nice was always telling thing to manager things was not true no working together lack of communication

stressful enviroment, not a family oriented facility

Management lacked communication with each other as well as with employees. Their open door policy is in place to create an illusion of a work culture that does not exist. Problems were never resolved

Good place of employment...long hours

Long hours are very draining and advancement is extremely limited. Management staff supports you and is understanding at times, but in the end, it’s all about the numbers

So much potential but missing empathy

I took in a leadership position I wasn't being paid for and was fired because I stood up to being bullied after I made numerous reports to upper management..

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Everyone dumps their responsibility off on someone else

Productive and Positive Workplace

Very Well-paced job with flexible hours and a positive work environment. The workload often varied from day to day, with it mostly depending on holidays and upcoming events in the local area with the overall workload being a moderate amount.

Fun place to work

I love coming to work. I especially love the department that I'm currently working in. My co-workers are easy to get along with and make it a very fun place to work. We joke around with each other even with the supervisors. It's rare that you find a job that you love going to. I've been with Staples for almost 14 years and I wouldn't trade my experience working here for the world. I've learned a lot and gained a lot.

Cool place to work

Overall the experience was good with staples, it’s room for advancement. However I feel the lunch breaks are too short so you have to eat fast and I worked in the building with no air conditioner so you had to stay hydrated at all times.

Pros

Free lunches sometimes

Cons

Long hours short breaks

Horrible Corporate Attitude

I make these negative comments from the time I spent with Staples because of corporate, going all the way to the CEO and down. Since I left, everyone in corporate was replaced, so things and circumstances might have changed for the better. During my time there, the regional manager advised all the district managers, who advised all the store managers to assign "Did not meet expectations" on all employees for their annual reviews, so that we would not get a wage raise. Yet … and the regional, district and store managers got their bonuses and raises.

Pros

Cons

See above

Staples

Very demanding, customers was sometimes super rude. Manager always cuts hours and the pay isn't that great. was just a little part time job for me but i loved what I was doing which was the copy and print. the only thing is it would only be 1 person working in that section with a line full of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Staples.
Powered byComparably