Staples

Staples Culture reviews

Found 1,886 reviews matching the search
fun work place
a typical day at work is basically satisfaying customers, i learned how to handle all type of customers,the managments were very helpful,co-workers are very nice they help each other,the most enjoyable part of the job was when i see customer happy thats when i get happy.
Pros
free lunch
A great place to work
I had a terrific manager! She was always accommodating. I have been in retail off and on for over 20 years. Best place to work for. We work as a team.
Working
Its a good place to get started and you gain a lot of experience in customer service and team management. If you get promoted into management its worth the experience , you get support from your managers . Good opportunity to meet new people, awesome ,friendly and great staff, great managers.
Moderately Busy
Taking in computers for repair, and mobile devices. Diagnosing customer's issue with software and hardware. Checking inventory, placing products on shelves. Counting the safe, closing the store, going over returns reports, customer satisfaction and de-esculation with upset customers.

I learned a lot about mobile and computer repair, how to use a ticketing system, office management and customer service.

High management turnover.

The work culture is very highly sales based, and customer relationships.

The hardest part of my job would have to be ensuring we meet our number goals in sales for the day and week with a low volume store.

The most enjoyable part of my job would be helping customers solve their technical issues and getting a hands on experience with technology and software.
Pros
Hands on with technology, great customer relationship
Cons
high shrink location, high expectations on selling
Love working here
Loved working here. Our team was like family, we had fun but did our jobs. Great management, sad the store closed. Had great support, learned a lot and the pay was great.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Overall, Staples Copy Center is a fast past, pressured environment. Its for people who like a challenge.
As the department tasked with bringing in most of the stores income, you are responsible for ensuring every customer is happy and comfortable with what they are spending their money on. You have to be able to to create a relationship with each on, causing them to want to come back. Its always amazing, all the different cultures and families you get to be apart of when you open yourself to the customers needs!
Excited
Job culture, manager was expecting, jobs security and I was wondering salesman and love helping the customer. Hadn't been able to get in touch with me and been good salesman
boring, but not bad overall
A typical day involves greeting customers and checking them out when they're ready. Nothing exciting happens and the hours drag on like watching paint dry. But the other employees make it less boring.
Good place to work for now
Good balance of skills I had plus training on the job. Nice people to work with. The store manager is very fair. Most of the customers have been really nice.
Pros
nice people
Cons
I hate wearing the headset
The hardest part was having to clock out to go home.
Staples Advantage is a great place to work, fully remote with flexible schedules. There are any dedicated and loyal customers calling in about accounts.
Fun workplace
I get along well with management and co-workers. Work can be challenging, but overall not too stressful. I enjoy helping customers find what they need.
Not Stable
A typical day was putting out fires that could've been previously resolved and just trying to keep team moral up. The hardest part of the job was new processing being rejected for lack of innovation. Lack of cross department communication.
Workplace culture.
It's a great work place to start off and build your warehouse knowledge. Management is okay. Everyone that works there are very hard workers. Great schedule and weekends off.
Caution against joining Staples at any level
Large matrixed organization that struggles to work cross functionally and assign ownership. Too many decision makers from the top down and not enough empowerment. Not an organization you can trust and job security is a challenge. Lack of culture and teamwork resulting in high turnover and company struggles to find and attract talent. Do not expect the company to perform well and too many more successful competitive threats.
It was beautiful
I like working at Staples because it was a nice job and I got along with the people and I miss the job and they used to treat me nice and respect and I used to treat them nice and respect and and that was a good work.
Good Company to Work For
Plenty of opportunities for anyone who wants to work hard and move up. You're typically working with 3-5 other people at any given time. Late July to August is the busy season. Thanksgiving and Christmas aren't so busy so the demand to work is less than most retailers.
Pros
Good culture, opportunities for advancement
Cons
healthcare could be better
Prepare to work hard!
It's a great company to work for. The managers are nice and treat their employees with respect. The people that work there are nice too! Best place I ever worked at.
Ok place to work
Ok place to work but pay is on the lower end of the competitive scale. Upper management is out of touch with what actually occurs for middle management at the store level and micromanages via emails constantly. Talent pool is small and not impressive because of how low the starting pay is for part time employees so team building and coaching is a challenge.
Chris
Good company. They treat you well and help you understand the customers need. Management is not to bad they help you achieve your daily requirements for the day.
Great customer service position
Working here was great as far as customer service went. Would be great if you had to move locations, as they have them a over United States. I also loved the team I worked with.
Experiences
Great experience as a shopper and member.
Loved working with the staff and the management was always right there to help out.
Great energized staff with the will to drive and do more.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Staples.