Staples Employee Reviews

Perfect balance
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2018
Within corporate Staples you get what you give. If you like wotking hard, you will do very well. The only con, is the micro management. You have tons pf flexibility on appointment days, and you have a lot of support from management.
Pros
Lots of training and support
Cons
Sometimes management is overly invasive.
It was good at first
Tech Associate, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDApril 8, 2018
I did enjoy working at the Staples location in Hanover, until we got a new General Manager in I believe Febuary. He's rude, and exxtremly inconsiderate. His little side-kick is supposedto be the Tech Supervisor but doesn't even know how to fix a phone. They're both very shady and unorganized. So many assocaites have quit since they've started. They're hopefully going to get what coming to them soon.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor Managment
competitive and rewarding enviroment
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 8, 2018
Staples created the industry it is in. They are very customer service focused and extremely creative. Long term employees fair well here. New ideas come from new hires and interns programs. Store based operations is sound and competitive.
Pros
1500 locations world wid
Cons
change is consistent
Typical sales office
Inside Account Manager (AMII) (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLApril 7, 2018
as long as you are meeting the minimum expectations your fine. some basic product knowledge of office supplies helps to engage the customers and gain their trust so they will bring problems to you looking for solutions.
Managment
Fulfillment Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 6, 2018
Currently working on a SKU affinity project to improve pick to voice density Also working on a project to decrease walking distance per pick zone to increase productivity
Staples is not a bad place to work, the environment is great and the work is constant. The work can be competitive, but the wages are not up to scale!
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCApril 6, 2018
Pros
It can be a fun place, meet lots of people daily
Cons
For me, the pay doesn't meet my needs.
Salary
Warehouse Supervisor, Distribution Center (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 6, 2018
I would never tell anyone to work at this facility. If you are not a suck up, you will not get very far in the company. Also, I seen so many hourly people come and go because performance. The bar is set very high.
Big Company
Returns Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, NYApril 6, 2018
Alot of people working at this company and lots of different positions. Compensation and benefits were very good compared to most companies. The hours and shifts were bad especially having a kid and adding in the mandatory overtime
a typically at staples
Cashier Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 6, 2018
is stressful times depending on the pace of customers coming in and out. Although there are days were working at staples is fun and you get your work done
Not the best place to work
Sales, Operations & Service Management (Former Employee) –  776 8th aveApril 4, 2018
Not the best place to work. I would look some where else if you are looking for a starter job. Physical labor and mental labor for what you are being compensated isn't worth it.
It was an ok environment to work in
Intern (Former Employee) –  330-340 Baychester ave. Bronx, NY 10475April 4, 2018
This was a new and ok experience for myself. The person who was in charge of interns such as myself was a little pushy and nasty. I wouldn't know if this apply to all staples but the one i worked in definitely. (I am not sure if the same management is still there )
Pros
The break rom was comfortable
Cons
It was very slow
Good Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 4, 2018
Staples is a nice place to work. The culture is good. The training is excellent. There is lots of opportunity for advancement for many positions. And good training programs.
Staples
Tech Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYApril 4, 2018
Very stressful working conditions for my department, harassment was a very typical thing to come across daily this was reported to superiors, working hard hours commonly, very hard to adapt if you were not used to it.
Pros
Cons
Bad hours. harassment
#1 priority is customer service, in Staples!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 4, 2018
A typical day at Staple:
When coming in for your shift, first thing usually done, is check our daily numbers and where we ranked in our district.
Since management team was responsible for making sure all metrics are as high as they can me, we would have conversation with our staff members, to ensure everyone is on the same page, and they are all aware where we stand in our district. This was a daily ritual for our management team.
We had a pretty solid staff. They were friendly, helpful and always tried to go above and beyond for our customers.
The electronic world was new to me, so I did learn a good amount about technology and it's effect in our daily lives.
We were responsible for many metrics, so if anything that was the hardest part of the job, to try to maintain all of our metrics on the highest level possible.
The best part of the job was working with the staff. We had a good team and we worked together very well. For the most part, everyone tried to assist each other when assistance was needed.
It always make your job fun when you can work together with your co-workers to make a positive and fun workplace and succeed at the same time.
Pros
Good pay, hard working staff
Cons
To many metrics to be responsible for.
n/a
Copy center Manager (Current Employee) –  tarpon springsApril 4, 2018
I was unable to divorce my husband and afford an apartment, I worked very hard and dedicated myself completely to staples and had nothing to show for it.
Pros
loved my job
Cons
pay, and phone calls all day and night even on my days off due to lack of help
fun
Cashier/customer service (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 4, 2018
the environment in the store is very nice. the employees are nice and fun to work with. you stay busy and learn new things everyday. you learn about the products you are selling and the reward program. the benefits you receive from being a member.
Pros
great environment
Cons
no hours
Don't even apply
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 4, 2018
Staples is not a good company and I would not want to work there. They do not care about you. We got a raise because no one was staying and people still didn't stay. Management always was looking to cut hours so they could get a bonus.
Not Recomended
Print and Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYApril 4, 2018
Managers do the best they can but they are afforded little resources and still expected to produce results
Not Nearly enough staff to cover entire store
Breaks should not be expected except for lunches on shifts over 7 hours
Pros
10 % discount
Cons
no water cooler, no breaks, heavy work load
information provided
Bid Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 3, 2018
computer programs were developed to help us run analysis based on various criteria to help with our responsibilities. Often had vendors in to introduce new products and answer questions.
benefits
Collaborative and Nimble
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 3, 2018
Since becoming a privately owned organization, Staples is now able to react to market changes more nimbly as a whole. In my experience and capacity what I enjoyed most was the option to work remote and the communication by management of clearly defined goals as they relate to individual efforts and their value proposition to the company's overall profitability. Would work for Staples in the future.
Pros
Bonuses, working remote, mentoring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K
42.7K
32.2K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.9Fairygodboss Score

43%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

43%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.