Staples
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Staples:

Staples Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA129 reviews
Great place for part time work. Staples closed the store location that I worked at for part time work. Great group of employees and bosses. Didn't mind working late.

Comparable salary for part time retail.
Pros
Discounts for employees.
Cons
Not enough hours.
great manager and co workers, busy but good to work. there were a lot of growth opportunities and possibilities to move around. a lot depends on your manager though.
Do not work there management is a joke u have managers that have never been in management before and are incompetent at best. Employees are rude to customers all the time
Pros
Cons
Horrific management
working with staples was fun because i got to help costumers find items they're looking for.my coworker were amazing we helped each other out, we were great team.
Pros
helping others
Staples is an office store and located in a very good place. Staples is always trying to give satisfaction to the customer. Their employees are very loving and caring.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Very friendly environment working with techs. It was a great experience. There is a lot to learn on a day-to-day basis. Learned about active directory SCCM, quality assurance and often face to face interactions with clients.
If you aren't putting your hand on the staples code and swearing by it every morning, then you aren't a fit for the company. The workload is much MUCH too high for the pay, and management is almost inconsolably dysfunctional.
I had to work on both hardware and software products. My other responsibilities included customer service and product advertising. Highly recommended if you want to start of somewhere.
this job is for collage student who is looking for weekly income. if you like a fast pace environment this job is for you. Good luck on your search for employment
Working at staples wasn't a terrible time for me. In fact I'd say I would apply still if I could go back in time. I was a tech associate, but really I did everything plus tech related sales and repairs. I'd recommend either knowing a fair bit about computers, printers, set up services and other things before applying. My team was supportive and helped me learn a few new skills, but I also felt like I was left on my own at times.
The job struck me as a pretty standard retail job, with all of the pros and cons that come with it. Expect to spend most of the day stocking shelves, working the register, taking phone calls, and talking with customers. They want you to sell expensive items as much as possible, and encourage customers to sign up with Staples' rewards program; your performance is rated primarily based on how many expensive items you sell, how many positive surveys you receive from customers, and how many customers sign up for Staples' rewards membership.

The hours fluctuate significantly from week to week. Sometimes you'll work the night shift and close the store one day, then come in the morning to open the store on the next day.

The pay is slightly above minimum wage, on an hourly basis.

The management struck me as not terrible, but not exceptional. They expect you to ask each and every customer if they want to sign up for Staples' rewards program, even if their demeanor suggests that they're not interested and just want to pay for their stuff. They also expect you to tell each customer about the survey on their receipt and ask them to fill it out. This can lengthen the check-out process, which sometimes causes issues if there's a long line. They expect top-notch customer service at all times.

The most difficult part of the job was dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was answering customers' questions about products.
You learn something new every time you come to work. The management is amazing and always give you support. The hours were flexible. Employees were fun to work with as well.
Staples was a great working environment and was very fast paced. There was always something going on with changes in merchandise and price cards and everyone is very helpful. Management was great at my time there.
Staples taught me a great deal about business to business sales in my first role. The training they gave was sufficient to get started and make a few sales.
Other than the fact that certain positions are underpaid for all the work they do and responsibility on their shoulders, it's a great place to work. I have stayed with them longer than I probably should have (underpaid) because I have truly loved my job. There is a lot of room for advancement, if you have what it takes.
Got experience with customer service, Usually was the one with the most credit card applications, learned what offices usually need. Met a lot of great people.
a typical day involves helping customers resetting planograms and talking with my boss about why we aren't hitting the metrics her boss set for her which is where most of the stress comes from
Pros
good benefits for full time employees
Cons
skipping breaks to keep coverage, micro managing boss
The store is usually pretty slow until some holiday, tax season, or back to school comes around. You only really help out customers but when there are none you go to each aisle and check if everything's in order. It's a very boring job and the pay isn't great, but I enjoyed working at Staples only because of the managers. They were really helpful and understanding, as long as you did what you were told they're really your best friend.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Slow
staples, after being bought out a couple years ago started cutting hours and number of stores. Overtime not allowed, and not enough staff to cover all the needed hours.
I love working here, but they gotta step up and give more hours to employees because instead of giving more hours, they sometimes ask us to take long breaks to cut down hours.
Pros
Best co-workers ever
Cons
low paying + less hours to give
Poor choice in Management. Low pay. Low recognition for work. I am sure this is not the same across the board but I do know that in this region it is. It is a good first job for teens.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7K
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight