STAR Financial Bank Employee Reviews

Caring
Deposit Servics Reconiler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 18, 2018
Management and Co-workers cared about each other making it a family type atmosphere. Made a very enjoyable day to have people you can call friends around you.
Not a comfortsble place to work
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 28, 2018
Not a great bank to work for or represent. My experience is that STAR has developed a sales cultured environment to front end staff meaning that the sales focus has become more important than actually taking care of the customer. This can be very difficult for the employee who is a customer first orientated individual and doing what's right.
Pros
Good benefits and vaction time
Cons
Very sales focused culture
Highly Recommend Not Working Here
Processor (Former) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 20, 2017
Management is awful. There is a lot of nepotism so advancement is nearly impossible. It is all about the money and bottom dollar. No care or compassion for the employees. Advancement only happens if you are a relative of the "owners" of you do special favors. It does not matter how hard you work etc. If you are not a Marcuccilli or a pretty woman, don't even bother. The work itself was fun, but the drama and the ethics are terrible.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management/Nepotism
Poor management, no work/life balance
Branch Services Processor II (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 21, 2017
I would strongly recommend to not apply/work for Star Financial Bank. The management is very old fashion and only values older employees that have been with the company for 20+ year and tend to micromanage their employees. Favoritism is a real problem with this company and if you are not considered their favorite, they will do whatever they can to treat you poorly. The company is known to wrongfully terminate employees who many see things in a different way or suggest different ideas. Will change their procedures at any point in order to meet the demands of their favorite employees and does not value their employees that work hard and do their daily work.
Pros
relaxed culture
Cons
no guaranteed breaks, lack of encouragement, low pay
Worked with Clients on accounts
Customer Service, New Accounts/Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbia City, IN 46725October 5, 2017
Waited on clients to open new accounts and to renew CD's IRA's
balance accounts, management was good very fair. the hardest part of the job would have been when I would lose a Client.
Pros
Loved the Work
Cons
Really were not any
I have met some great people while working here
Reconciliation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 24, 2017
I enjoy the new experiences and the new things I have learned. Always learning new things and banking regulations. We can wear jeans and casual clothing
Pros
Exercise Room
Cons
Internal promotions slow.
Management can't be trusted
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 2, 2017
Nice tellers and office but management is not trustworthy and don't treat customers right. The goal seemed to be how to get more fees out of them and not how to make better.
Pros
Nice tellers
Cons
Managers
Co workers were fun
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 21, 2017
I learned a lot working in the banking industry. You definitely meet all types of people from various backgrounds. There is a lot of information that is required.
Poor training and management
Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2017
Equipment is old and not up to speed. Most of the branches are outdated and are mostly empty. Manager didn't come in most days and was rude to customers and always covering his behind. Customers were lied to and management would do nothing about it. My job was threatened when I told my boss about it and he told me to remember I could easily be replaced. A lot of complaints from customers that are never looked into and manager was very sexist. Gouge customers when they can and miss appointments. Go someplace else if you want to learn and be respected.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Lie, bad management and ask you to lie to customers to keep your job
Finding their place.
Travel Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJune 14, 2017
STAR is a great family bank. I worked in a region where STAR is still trying to find an active foothold in the market. It made my job difficult only because there was no foot traffic in the branches.
Excellent Workplace/Casual and Friendly
Laguna Hills, Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAJune 7, 2017
I already completed this, please refer to the other duplicate entry for this employer. Thank you for your consideration. This was a great job I had for two years working on a variety of loans and with a variety of sources of loans.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hard problematic files
management
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 10, 2017
There's a lack of management and most branches have no managers for months at a time leaving the branches to be ran by incompetent employees. Customers are usually upset because of all the new and different faces being ran through the branches.
STAR Financial Bank
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Marion, INApril 11, 2017
Staffing has been reduced to minimal levels, therefore when employees take a day off, it can get a little hectic. Advancement in this company is virtually impossible. However, this job has been beneficial towards giving me the necessary skills to use in another company.
Pros
The pay isn't too bad
Cons
Lack of staffing
Small Company
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 4, 2017
Small company with one owner. Difficult to advance in the company or receive your check on time. Co-workers are great to be around, ok place if your are single or do not have a family to support.
Pros
Cons
non consistent pay
Productive, Fun and Caring
Junior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAJanuary 18, 2017
This job required strong work ethic and great attention to detailed. The coworkers get along very well. The manager is very understanding and caring. The pay is very well. Great job!
Great company
Executive Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 9, 2017
Great company, family owned. The service center is newly renovated to meet employees ergonomic needs. Several opportunities to learn new banking concepts. The company is very tech friendly.
Pros
location and building
Good
General Manager, Dairy Queen Corporation, Ft (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 5, 2017
Good N/A All Good Much has been learned and have enjoyed the financial education. Will continue to grow in this industry..............................
Good
Updated work center
Call Center Rep II / Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 2, 2016
Enjoyed the positions held once learned. Could have done better with more training in each position. A lack of consistency in how to get things done - at the time of my training, there was no standard procedures of operations - each one got the same job done in their own way, which made learning how to get things done correctly, difficult. When I left, things were changing and procedures were being focused on.
Pros
Possibility of longevity
Cons
Being held accountable for unknown procedures.
Zero Respect, Plenty of Nepotism, Upper Management had it out for me
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 16, 2016
Greater production year over year, month over month. It didn't matter because someone in management had a target on my back. They were either intimidated or just simply didn't like me. Didn't matter how much business I was doing I was doomed from the start. If you want to work somewhere where you always have to watch your back then this is the place for you. If mediocrity is what you strive for and you can play the chess match with management then this is the place for you.
Pros
Operatons/support
Cons
Back stabbing, two faced, mob family ownership
Great learning experience.
Customer Svce Rep, Teller, and opened accounts (Former Employee) –  Fishers, IN 46037October 26, 2016
Received the "Charlotte Cozad" award for employee of the year for 2008. I was the only one that year from over 600 employees.
Pros
Comfortable job atmosphere
Cons
Not much promotion from within, family ownership