Star Pediatric Homecare Agency Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
Worked well for me
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lakewood and Mount LaurelMay 1, 2018
This is the first place I worked when I earned my LPN, I worked for both the Mt. Laurel and Lakewood offices, and all shifts. I did leave twice and when I returned was welcomed with open arms. They are good to their nurses that are good to them and their clients. Remember this is an agency while employment is not guaranteed I worked full time with overtime when needed. I never inquired about benefits and it was required to work many hours before earning paid time off. The flexibility worked well for my family and I and I was able to attend school while working. Most families were great as well but personally I did not desire to spend long hours in their homes.
Pros
Flexible
Re hire
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJOctober 11, 2017
I had started with Star 5 days after i got my nursing License. They welcomed me immediately and put me to work, right there like the next day. They were great and always giving me shifts. I originally left there, and worked for another agency. I went back after a while, they rehired me immediately, with all the same benefits and immediately giving me hours, no questions asked, even with a little bit of a more limited schedule than before. They are a great agency and, I definitely do appreciate them. Even when I did leave them, they always were a great reference for me, and were always honest.
Pros
Pleasant staff in office, nice clinical managers, always have work
Cons
Pay isn't that great
Definitely have room for improvement
RN (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 20, 2017
Office staff is a bit stressed out. Everyone works hard to run the place, but there is very little effort to work as a team. Field nurses do their thing, office staff do their thing, and there is lack of communication and mutual understanding. I would like to see everyone happy and working together as a TEAM!
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
no overtime given
Cut throats horrible management
Licensed Practical Nurse/Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 9, 2017
Cut throat worse than high school ring leader runs the office she is most unprofessional person I've ever experienced screams at clients bullying them staffing coordinators are no better it's a popularity contest not a job had to rate a one because there is no zero sure fire way to loose your license working for this company think twice pay is horrible
Pros
Cons
Management is horrible real life mean girls
Official response from Star Pediatric Homecare Agency
June 12, 2017

Disgruntled employee. Terminated.
We take great pride in the services that we provide to the families and dedication to our outstanding nurses. Nurses who follow policies and provide competent and reliable care are appreciated and remain the core of what Star Pediatric Home Care was built on.

Love it at star pediatrics!
RN (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 25, 2017
I have been with star for two years and it is a wonderful company! They truly care about their patients and they provide really good training. They allow you to advance your skills, I became trach/vent trained last year and I am always learning something new! I always feel like I can ask my supervisor any question I have.
Keep me busy with work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 23, 2017
Scheduling coordinators and management work hard to find cases and patients for all hired nurses. Orientation made me feel comfortable going into pediatric homecare again.
Pros
Fast interview process, Good management, Flexible schedule
Cons
All together good company
Good Place to Work
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 18, 2017
This company has more patients then most other companies. They keep me busy with work.
The training is good, I felt comfortable with patient care after going through their class.
Pros
Pay, Training
flexible scheduling, friendly staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Teaneck NJJune 4, 2015
starlight is a growing Agency in NJ. they offer per diem, flexible nursing positions. the satff are very friendly and always willing to help the nurses.
Pros
flexible schedule, great staff
Cons
lack of skills to learn with homecare.
Great agency to work for!
LPN/Graduate RN (Current Employee) –  Mt LaurelOctober 29, 2014
The office staff are wonderful and available when needed, all of the nursing staff in the homes are friendly and work as a team to ensure the best outcomes for the patients served. The families are very appreciative that you are there and the children are so stinkin cute that it makes for an enjoyable work experince
Pros
Provides opportunities for newly licensed nurses to work and gain valuable nursing experience
Flexible schedules and supportive clinical managers
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 8, 2013
Perform health assessments
Medication administration
Treatment administration
illness prevention

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Star Pediatric Homecare Agency. Our community is ready to answer.

Star Pediatric Homecare Agency Reviews by Location