Star Transport, LLC Employee Reviews

Long Days no breaks or lunch
Transport driver (Former Employee) –  moMarch 11, 2019
In training you work 12, 14, and 16 hour days. at a 180 a day you do the math. no breaks no lunch. Dispatch runs the customers out of fuel for me it was 3 in one day.
Pros
Cons
all of thee above
Watch your paycheck & Protect yourself
Fuel Driver (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSFebruary 20, 2019
Owners are not interested In your well being only in their profits. They will charge you if you have a medical problem and have to be off. Healthcare is expensive and limited.
Cons
Healthcare
Ask the right questions according to you
Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2017
This is a great place to work for me. You are paid based on your performance. If you are a even paced kind of person you will make a decent income and be home everyday. After a few weeks of developing a routine the job is quite easy mentally and physically. The days you feel like putting some pep in your step. You are rewarded by getting more work done a day it increases your pay. Your daily hours become shorter but always 10-12 hours a day. You will always get 2 days off in a row. Starting off not the days you want but can change with time. I can work an extra day if I wanted, not because they make you work. You get and extra pat on the back for working your day off $$ as well as a extra days pay. This is a truck driving job that provides a service that is in demand. Very good decision for me, so far to come work here. Even traing was a decent wage.
Pros
Pay, time off, other drivers, new equipment, home daily, pay per load
Cons
Long hours, traffic, weather at times, pay per load
August 31, 2017

I'm glad to hear you find this a great place to work. We appreciate all the hard work you do. We are nothing without our drivers. If there is ever anything we can to improve things please don't hesitate to let your Terminal Manager know.

Home every night with a steady income and great benefits
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 27, 2017
This company has been a great opportunity for me. I have been employed a year, and enjoyed two bonus checks, plus several mileage bonuses which are given every quarter year.
The work is easy, brand new equipment, and my coworkers are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. There is very little supervision and annprospective employee needs to be able to function on their own without being micro-managed. I enjoyworking day, even weeks at a time without hearing from a supervisor. The pay is more than fair for the hours/work required, and the health benefits are as good as any out there. For only around $75 a week my daughter and I are covered head to toe with an affordable deductable. My pay averages about $1000 a week on the low side.
Pros
I get to be my own boss
Cons
Sometimes the days get a little long, up to 12 hours.
August 31, 2017

We're glad to hear your happy here at Star Transport. Please don't hesitate to let us know how we can improve things. Your input is valued. Thank you for all you do!!!

No concern for their employees safety
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 21, 2016
While the pay is good for a local paying job the cons severely outweigh the pros in this job. The management have no concern for the drivers safety or for laws and regulations placed upon us though DOT. When I chose to shut down due to extreme weather conditions management threatened my job so I politely apologized for the inconvenience and resigned at which point they became very childish and unprofessional. Above all of these issues the hours are the worst. There is no specific start and end time. You work as long as they need you whether its 14 or 17 hours.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
awful conditions for employees.
August 31, 2017

Our drivers Safety is our number one priority.

I would like to apologize to you in regards to someone pressuring you to drive in any adverse weather conditions that made you feel it was unsafe to drive in. That should not have happened. We advise any drivers in that situation to contact the Safety Department if someone ever pressures them to driver in unsafe weather conditions or against FMCSA regulations.

All our drivers have assigned start and end times for there 12 hour shifts. If one driver is consistently not meeting these start and end times then we ask the other affected driver to contact his terminal manager so they may research the cause of the problem so it can be corrected.

We're sorry things did not work out for you with our company and wish you nothing but the best with your future employers.

Prospective employee beware!
Fuel Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 18, 2016
Anyone looking at this company for future employment (specifically Denver, CO) be very careful. I left a decent job in food service delivery thinking this would be a better long term opportunity. Unfortunately I was put on a long low paying training salary (6 weeks) after which I was told they didn't need me. Easy brainless work which needs no more than 2 week training period. Area manager also moonlights as a driver which seems to be a conflict of interest to hiring more drivers thereby reducing any load pay he receives.
Pros
Easy brainless work
Cons
See review
August 31, 2017

I'm sorry things did not work out for you with our company. I will disagree that what our drivers do is easy and brainless. Their are a numerous critical steps that need to be taken when loading, delivering and unloading Hazmat products such as gasoline, diesel and ethanol. For these reasons our company places a high value on a comprehensive training program. The number of weeks does vary based a driver's previous experience and how accurately he or she is picking up our procedures. Our Denver Terminal Manager does help out and drive occasionally as needed.

I hope that you have found another job your happy with and again I'm sorry things did not work out for you here.

Dependable
Hazmat Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 19, 2016
Dependable work. Appreciated being hired with new hazmat license. One dispatcher extremely difficult to along with. Other dispatchers friendly and respectful. Co-workers were great.
Pros
Dependable work for the most part
Cons
Management often unavailable
August 31, 2017

I'm glad you found the work dependable and sorry you had difficulty getting along with one of our dispatchers. I'm glad to hear that you got along well with the rest of the dispatchers and fellow drivers.

As for management availability that is concerning to hear. I will note that their is now a different Terminal Manager in place at the Oklahoma City office and I believe that our current drivers are very happy with his accessibility.

Great Company
Fuel Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 28, 2015
Very personable and management staff is outstanding!
My 1st year earnings exceeded what I thought I would make.

It's ALL up to you how much you make and they will ensure you stay within the FMCSA regs.
Pros
Great Attitudes
Cons
12 hour shifts
August 31, 2017

I'm glad to hear your 1st year earnings exceeded your expectations and you're happy working with our management staff. Thank you for all your hard work.

ok company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield,moJuly 13, 2013
just a few people in lower management just don;t work with employees.
Pros
good trucks
Cons
don't lisen to the drivers that are doing the job
August 31, 2017

I'm sorry you felt like you weren't being listened too. We pride ourselves on listening to our drivers. We want to hear their concerns and suggestions.

Our Terminal Managers, Safety Department, Human Resources, and Executives are always available to listen to our drivers. I would hope our current drivers would say we are doing a better working with our drivers today as compared to when you were with us in 2013.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Star Transport, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.