Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 27,318 reviews matching the search See all 34,510 reviews
Productive and postive work space
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2019
Great company to grow within as a young adult, very hands on training. The team was all on the same page as far as following company policy. The company also provided stock options for eligible employees.
Ups and Downs
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 23, 2019
As a store manager, I am responsible for all aspects of the store: hiring, staffing, training, sales, promotions, and merchandising as well as daily operations. The company is becoming more profits focused and changes are unfortunately not terribly partner focused. Communication is not terribly consistent, nor is training.
Pros
Discounts, customer connection, creativity, benefits program
Cons
Staffing, training, communication
Used to be better
Barista (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2019
Starts off great but goes down after the barista experience wears off. It becomes less about drinks and coffee craft and more about standards and rules. You could also have a great team but awful shift supervisors who go on power trips and critique minor details that are irrelevant. Simply put baristas don't get paid enough for all the work that is put in.
Fast paced tight knit crew
Barista (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 23, 2019
Nice and friendly coworkers in a fast paced work environment. The crew is always a family with shifts being taken and covered relatively easy. Customers come and go quickly with some room for customer relations.
Solid Gig
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2019
Definitely was a good company. enjoyed working with others within the company , everybody is goal orientated & truly made myself better overtime. Blessing
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
shortbreaks, micro managing
Intent is there, but Manager not interested.
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTJune 23, 2019
The Manager I worked under made use of my supervisor skills to detract negative feedback regarding policies from himself to me. Starbucks carries itself as a business that wants it's employees to succeed but at the store I worked at, it was not the case. It was all about the Manager making his bonus even if it meant sacrificing his employees.
same thing different day type attitude
Barista (Current Employee) –  Crystal, MNJune 23, 2019
Basically, there are people that just got hired and make just as much as me and I have been there for almost 3 years. I want to advance but I don't know if it is worth it if I am barely making above what someone else is getting paid when they been there for a month.
Starbucks in Various Locations throughout San Diego
Barista (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2019
Starbucks is a great company to work for, especially if it is your first job. Not only do they offer flexibility with your schedule, but they also have great benefits!
Fun and positive atmosphere.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 23, 2019
I loved my coworkers and always had good days with them, even when we were neck deep in rushy customers during seasonal rushes. My manager and supervisors always took the time to explain things I didn't understand and show me how to do whatever I needed examples of. If I got the chance to work with them again, I'd take it.
Fast pace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greendale, WIJune 23, 2019
While at work you will be on your feet doing something. This helps with time going fast while you are at work. Starbucks helps you gain skills to complete your work and more.
Love the climate
BARISTA (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAJune 23, 2019
They stand behind their word, have systems that benefit everyone. Hard working. Love getting ahead, effort is rewarded. Goal driven, follow through, time manangement is taught
Great place to work.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJune 23, 2019
Starbucks is a great place to work. The management from the corporate side is always amazing. Have been lucky and have an amazing crew. Lucky to have worked here
Pros
Free food, free drinks, coffee markouts, healthcare
Cons
Sometimes poor management.
Intresting place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2019
For the short time i worked at starbucks, the energy that filled the store was great, the guests that came to get their drinks were cool. Of course you would get one or two people that were... But other than that, a great place to work.
Great Work Experience
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 22, 2019
I personally loved my time at Starbucks the team members I worked with are now established friends who I will cherish for a long time. It seems unfortunate to me that I should seek to find employment elsewhere because I truly do love the job. Unfortunately, I feel as though my manager looks over much of the work that is done there. This is not to say that I am the only person who deserved a promotion there, in fact, there were a few people who deserved it more than me despite how hard I worked; and ultimately the person who got the promotion when the day came, should have been at the bottom of the list.
Depends on who you work with
Barista/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 22, 2019
The people you work with here can make or break your time here. I love most of my partners the only thing I hated was my SM. Absolutely hated him. He practically destroyed everything in three months . As far as I know he still works thereand I feel bad for my old partners.
Pros
Free Spotify, pound of coffee every week, food and drinks while you work, Asu.
Cons
Unpaid paid and not enough hours
I would not personally work at Starbucks again.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2019
Though I learned a lot, the management there was hard to handle as you get talked down to a lot and rather than being helpful and supportive and understanding, it was never like that. You had to learn things fast and be expected to know how to do your job, and if you didn't, you got made to feel like you lacked intelligence.
Fast paced, good training
Barista (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 22, 2019
Started with many hours, then everyones hours dwindled. We were always told by managers that we would get more. Our manager never takes our suggestions on how to improve our kiosk and our sales.
Pros
Good co-workers, good pay
Cons
Healthcare
Starbucks is a great company to work for
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 22, 2019
It is great to work at Starbucks because partners are allowed to be themselves and voice their opinions to those running the company. Starbucks supports it's partners during hard times and rewards when applicable.
Pros
Benefits, free tuition, free lunch, partner perks, free coffee and spotify
Cons
higher pay would be great
Fun people to work with.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKJune 22, 2019
As long as the people you work with are agreeable, you will have a blast working here. Management was unstable, lack of communication, picking favorites. Good steady work.
Fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJune 22, 2019
I learned numerous skills working for Starbucks. Although there was a lot of change during my tenure, my team and co workers kept a smile on my face.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

513.8K

3.2InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight