Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 25,034 reviews matching the search See all 31,677 reviews
Fun job, didn't pay well
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 19, 2019
Lots of perks, but the pay was heavily lacking. Overall a good job, but mostly for kids until you get into store management. Great for college students, and okay benefits even if you're part time.
It was okay
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMarch 19, 2019
Too strict and not very nice or helpful to new employees. Schedule is not flexible and the bosses are not on your side. every issue is your fault and not thers
Productive and Fun
Barista (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2019
The interviewing process was a fairly simple process. The manager of the store asked me simple questions ranging from customer service, to beverage making skills. Overall the interview process was super simple and relaxing.
I love working with the customers
Starbucks Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2019
It’s a great place to work at when starting out because you learn customer service and money handling as well as making drinks. Management could be better but you do get great benefits for part time as well as stock.
Pros
Free stock, free lunches, free drinks
Cons
Outside management hires, disregard for cleaning
good job for college
Barista (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMarch 19, 2019
the wages are good and I work the same shifts every week, but not every Starbucks is like this. Can be hard to remember all the drinks but once you have it down you wont forget them. Overall good workplace and nice employees.
Great Place and people to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2019
Amazing place to work. Great Team members (Partners) Willingness to train and build skills to keep employees. Having Rules that not all employees were required to follow.
Pros
Meals, Coffee, Healthcare
Fun job, poor management
Barista (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 19, 2019
Starbucks was a great place to work when I started. I met a lot of really great people, both customers and fellow employees. The days went by quickly with plenty to do. There are routines in place to make sure things ran smoothly. Every thing stayed clean and organized. I worked with great people that made coming to work fun! Then eight months in, management changed and I no longer enjoyed the environment. My hours were cut and I found it harder to come to work. This is a job that is as amazing as the people you work with.
Pros
Fun, cool benefits
Cons
low pay, hard to get enough hours
Not horrible
Picker/Trainer (Current Employee) –  York, PAMarch 19, 2019
Love the job. Started as a temp and they always encourage you to learn. But they dangle the carrot of getting hired, but they don't hire. They use their temps until their time runs out then wave goodbye. It doesn't matter how good you are, or how much you follow all their guidelines. At the end of your time, your gone. They give you more and more responsibility, making you think your going to get hired, then don't hire.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Don't hire
Starbucks
BARISTA/ BARISTA TRAINER (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 19, 2019
Great place to work. A lot of fun! Great culture. This is a great job for those in school/ college. It helped me to gain a lot of communication and basic skills for the workforce.
Workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 19, 2019
I loved working for Starbucks, but I was unsatisfied with the management and harassment at work. I felt some things that were said and done were unprofessional, and my personal life and concerns were brought into work in attack against me and I was questioned unprofessionally.
Pros
Starbucks
Cons
I close the market on 4% transactions versus previous year, 2% in ticket average, 15% profit and 110% staff.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMarch 19, 2019
I was in charge of Aruba and Curacao, I move to Miami because my daughter move here. My position is not available in this market. That is the reason I’m looking for a new opportunity where I can help to growth business and coach partners in the customer service environment.
review summary
Barista/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2019
Stressful , I learned how to deal with very difficult people and how to maintain a great attitude no matter the situation. Management helped in whatever way possible that they could
Working
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2019
Starbucks is a fast paced working area. In the mornings i tend too move more quickly than an evening shift I learned how too prep myself for the morning rushes. One morning I had too keep up with the mobile orders things got a little too busy but I was able too maintain by doing four orders at a time and also helping out my team. Without a organized team the store wouldn't function well.
Pros
Working with a good team
Cons
no cons
Worth an investment in time
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 19, 2019
This company provides the best management infrastructure training you can gain in industry. The company values its employees and preaches a work/life balance.
Awesome place to work
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Castro Valley, CAMarch 19, 2019
Working at Starbucks was quite the experience.It's a fast paced environment with everyday challenges. With the right people,crew,it makes a difference.I loved working there.My crew was awesome and so were the managers. We were a true definition of a team. I loved learning about new products, being able to help make displays, and interacting daily with the customers. It's a job that I will always keep falling back on.The benefits are amazing and an overall great company to for.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hours cut
Good work environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 19, 2019
Overall great experience and first job. My coworkers were always amazing and easy to work with. Tips are a great plus depending on your store’s location!
Pros
Free meal/drinks durning shifts
Great Place to Work at during School
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2019
Company and good to work for as long as you don't see yourself there long term. There is not much room for growth. One of the best parts of working there is the the fact the everyone supported everyone.
Pros
Free Food, discounted drinks and food when not working
Good place to work if you're quick
Barista (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VA 23112March 19, 2019
I loved working there as high-school student. It was fast paced and you were always busy but that was a good thing to me. Super clean. Great benefits for even part time workers.
Not worth it
Barista (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2019
Too stressful for what you get paid. More like underpaid. Customer is always right , even though you wanna enforce policy. It’s a joke. Customers are morons at times.
Relaxed dress code
Barista (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYMarch 19, 2019
Great place to work just didnt like management and I enjoyed the environment of helping people while being myself. I definitely would recommend this company to work at

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

512.8K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Starbucks.

Powered by Comparably