Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 12,671 reviews matching the search
Good people, ok company
Barista (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 25, 2017
Love my partners, but sometimes the general environment of the company could be a bit toxic in regards to labor and sales growth versus supporting and valuing the people working for the company.
Diverse culture
Barista/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Each position on a Starbucks team required multitasking and a positive attitude.

Team members hired from all walks of life.

Management very aware of "Bottom line." Management based on personality.

Most enjoyable: the people/community.

Hardest: Corporate forced policies were often unrelateable to local needs/sales.
Pros
Fast -paced fun environment, benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
unequal hiring policy and advancement
Excellent job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 25, 2017
It's a great place to meet fun people, learn about coffee, and enjoy a fast-paced work environment. It can get stressful when it's busy/under-staffed, but overall I loved working there.
Fast Paced but fun
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2017
A typical day at Starbucks is running around refilling and stocking the front case. Cleaning the cafe and helping customers. It was a job with lots of cleaning and customer service. They were also big on educating employees about coffee and tea so we could be a resource to the customer.
Pros
Free lunches, free coffee
Cons
fast paced
Typical day
Shift Supervisor & Barista (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2017
Fun, quick-paced, balanced (depending on who your teammates are). We rarely ever get complaints. Hardest part would be when a partner doesn't communicate that they'll be late, calling out, "no call, no shows".
Friendly environment with lovely staff
Barista (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 25, 2017
Starbucks is a wonderful place to work. You make loads of connections and possibly long term friends. Learn many things about coffee and customer service.
It Truly Amazing
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2017
I guess take all employer reviews with a grain of salt, because I was asked to submit this survey after applying to other jobs- it’s not uncommon to apply for other jobs when you’re dissatisfied with your employer. I think it’s time for me to try my hand at something new is all, Starbucks truly lives up to it’s amazing reputation for full and part time employees, but it’s MUCH better for full time employees.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Competitive nature
Great First Job
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 24, 2017
Great culture would be a great first job for many. Very diverse environment. I learned a lot about time management and how to deal with people. Great place to pick up soft skills for your next opportunity.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Lack of Career Advancement
worst 5 years of my life
Barista/ Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 24, 2017
the beginning was sweet but by the end of five years it was sour. thanks for nothing...the only good thing about working there for so long was the stock cash out at the end. Then my last pay check was garnished to pay for the remainder of my insurance policy...
Pros
Cons
everything
Fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mahattan, nySeptember 24, 2017
I had a gret tome at atarbucks , i left because my mom got sick and i had to take care of her. But other then that i had a gd time therecand loved the company as a whole
Pros
Work
Cons
N/a

Want to know more about Starbucks?

Ask a question
Good Company
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2017
This company is great to work. I've been here longer than anticipated but, I don't mind it. They have great benefits and treat you well. You also receive great discounts and perks. My family and I had to quickly evacuate our city due to Hurricane Irma and Starbucks was more than willing to assist. The only down side is that it is retail so sometimes customers aren't the best but, overall they are usually nice and understanding.
I really disliked working here.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CASeptember 24, 2017
Hated everything about it from the over needy and complicated customer to the cringe worthy company mission statement. Maybe it was just the district that i worked in but my starbucks career was definitely not a time in my life I enjoyed.
Fast paced
Department Manager, Vons (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 24, 2017
Starbucks is a wonderful company to work for. Vons however was not. Starbucks is dedicated to the growth o their team members because the employees growth will reflect the business' growth.
Hopefully you have good coworkers.
BARISTA/BARISTA TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2017
You don't get paid what you work for or for what they expect of you, the management is shady depending on the location of the store, luckily I have had good coworkers, so the job is not as bad.
First job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 24, 2017
I did training for this before I got hired so the over all start is easy. I loved at the time how fast it was and enjoyed the people i worked with. I also loved the drinks.
Fast paced fun work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 24, 2017
I loved this job! You get to work with some talented amazing people and provide high quality coffee to customers. People appreciate what you do and for some, their cup of coffee is the highlight of their day. It's nice making a difference in people's lives on a daily basis.
Pros
Free coffee/food, amazing healthcare, 401k, stock, benefits
Cons
high stress, fast paced, conflict
Espresso self
Barista/Customer Support/Point of sales (Former Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 24, 2017
This was my favorite job!

The store was quick pace and always full of things to do.
I miss the coworkers I had, they really made my shifts.

Each customer was different, some were the best! some I wanted to never see again but hey its the general public.

I didn't want to leave but due to scheduling by my manger I couldn't work out transportation, I hope to come back to this company in the future.
Pros
Discounts, free drinks
Cons
Management, customers
Flexible hours
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2017
Learned leadership skills and teamwork. Flexible hours, high standards, fun environment, training experience, good benefits, opportunity to advance, free coffee.
Great place with great coworkers
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, NYSeptember 24, 2017
A typical day at work would be somewhat stressful with trying to give people exactly what they want. Management was amazing. Hardest part of job: working hard and long hours
Pros
Free drinks while working, coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
Great Benefits
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 23, 2017
Starbucks gives extremely good benefits, even for part time. As long as you work about 20 hours a week, you're eligible for discounted health, vision, and dental insurance. Other than insurance, there is 401k and free restricted stocks through Fidelity, free Spotify premium, and sick hours and vacation hours.It is very stressful though, from working weird hour patterns, to managing time in a fast pace environment, there is always something to think a head on. Since I usually work evenings, it feels like I'm always picking up things.
Pros
Wide range of benefits
Cons
Busy, standards are always changing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.