Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 22,528 reviews matching the search See all 28,450 reviews
Starbucks is a warm environment and is willing to work around anyone's schedule.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 17, 2018
The typical day at Starbucks would start with asking the shift manager for the position you're taking on the clock being: customer support, bar, order support, or register.
Pros
free drinks, great benefits, community
Cons
scheduling
Fast paced and great team work environment
BARISTA/BARISTA TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, PANovember 17, 2018
I love working here but there is room for improvement with management. Not much room to grow as a partner. Many older associates have been passed up for promotion. Many benefits and tips weekly.
Good starter job
Barista Starbucks (Current Employee) –  Banning, CANovember 17, 2018
It’s a good job to get into customer service, not something I want to stay with forever but they are flexible. If you’re nice to people the people are nice to you.
Pros
One free meal a day and free drinks all shift
Cons
Short breaks, early lunches and shifts last forever
Great experience!
Barista (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WANovember 17, 2018
Amazing place to work while in school, it was very flexible. I was able to take time off as needed when I had to. Seasonal was a learning experience that I wont forget. I would recommend Starbucks to others.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 17, 2018
Starbucks has great benefits for its employees, even part-timers. Health and stock benfits as well as tuition in some subjects. Good job for college students. Volunteering and community outreach opportunites.
Pros
Free coffee and food while on shift, weekly pound of coffee, stock investments, health benefits, accrued paid vacation.
Cons
Depends on store, but some managers don’t lead by example. Daily coffee bag goals are unrealistic for some stores, employee reviews unfair at times.
productive and fun
Barista (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WANovember 17, 2018
really fun job, theres always something to do so its easy to keep busy, great co-workers that are super fun to work with, get to create and experiment with different drink flavors
Completely depends on your managers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HINovember 16, 2018
Being assigned a role by shift lead.
Learned that there are a lot of people who are REALLY bad at their job in high places.
I had 3 store managers in my one year at Starbucks. The District Manager was a total nut job who was horrible at their job. The first store manager fainted in the middle of the cafe during their shift from stress. They didn’t know how to be a manager.
The store’s culture was a mix of completely new SB employees like myself and a few seasoned transplants who helped to ground things. Many people did not take their job seriously and only one manager knew what they were doing which was a delight for the entire store, including customers, of course.
The hardest part was poor management and being put into certain roles which created isolation during the work day.
The most enjoyable was the regular customers and free drinks.
Pros
Awesome customers, free drinks
Cons
Poor management, kind of a sad job
Great job
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  ChicagoNovember 16, 2018
Starbucks is an awesome place to work. They have flexible hours , they pay for your degree and they even help you grow within the store. Starbucks also has great health benefits
Great place to work with friendly motivated people, and good employee benefits.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  8888 SW 136 StreetNovember 16, 2018
Cash handling, customer service, ordering, inventory, display setup, training, safety checks. A small list of the tasks that I preformed on a daily basis. Learned how to multi task and deal with extreme situations while working the busiest stores in the district. As a supervisor that worked at the high volume stores, my expertise was required to help in other locations in and out of my district. Customer often felt comfortable with me dealing with any problems they had cause of you honesty and willingness to do what ever I could to make them happy. I do miss my partners that I worked with as well, it was a great team and family.
Pros
Great people, benefits, stock, friendly atmosphere, and fun.
Cons
Sometimes people called out and left you shorthanded
great place to work
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Newtonville, MANovember 16, 2018
It is a great company to work for. They make sure you get breaks and they also tip you out if you are a barista. The hours are flexible with school and if you have another job.
Fun workplace, great benefits, pay is horrible
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CANovember 16, 2018
Loved this job worked my way up from 8.50 to 10 dollars after 3 years. Then minimum wadges went up to ten and people who just started we’re starting making $10 with hardly any compensation for long time employees:

I.e. it’s a great company but I feel like there is not enough incentive for this to be a career or a job you can live off of.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Horrible pay
Not a Bad Job Through College
Shift Manager & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 16, 2018
Fairly easy, but fast paced job. Most of your time is spent interacting with customers, assisting other employees during rushes, and cash/ inventory management.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good Co-workers
Cons
Upper Level Management is Disorganized
Too much of work, stress
Sr. SDET at Web Delivery (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 16, 2018
Too many meetings, lack of employees with technical skills, No clear guidelines/direction/strategy from upper management. Chaotic work environment, No clear/realistic plans
Good place to work and build skills if you can't get a better job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALNovember 16, 2018
The typical day involved working the front cash register, the drive-thru register, making drinks, heating up food, washing dishes, changing trash bags, and with any left over time cleaning anything and everything. The hardest part was working when its busy. Working three to five hours without a break as fast as possible was overwhelming and exhausting for most employees, especially the newer ones including myself. If you like a challenge, Starbucks would be a good place for a first job, but it will wear most people out especially when working 5 to 7 days a week.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Fast paced, stressful
Fun and Proactive
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CANovember 16, 2018
It was always walking into a place of familiar faces and attitudes. You would prepare for the morning rushes of people coming in so it was almost preparing your arsenal of cups, products, and foods. You learn how to multi task on various factors, including movements and communications. Learn how to run in confined spaces tc. The workplace you learn a lot about the ones who are working there to provide for a family, and the ones who are there to goof off.
Pros
Free Drinks, Cool Events
Cons
Very flexiable hours, tons of looking for hours
work
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 16, 2018
I often worked alone which kept me very busy, always something to do, good customers and crew. have to promote sales, 2 weeks of training tops, must learn every drink and remake them anytime your asked
fun learning experience
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 16, 2018
i love my job i work in 3 stores the workers a fun hard workers and friendly. the management are knowledgeable and dedicated. we are like a family is one of the best working experience i ever had with a company.
Pros
friendly caring staff
Cons
short brakes
Easy going work environment.
Quality Assurance Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 16, 2018
Great place to work, visibility in teams, healthy work life balance. Company is going through restructuring so things are a little unsettled with positions/processes.
Great benefits
Barista (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 16, 2018
Most employees are there for benefits and school tuition positive work environment with great benefits. Entry level fast paced multitasking job In the food industry
Pros
Bennefits
Cons
Salary
Wonderful Job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 16, 2018
Starbucks is the kind of job that can easily fit into someones life, no matter what kind of walk they are going through. It is stable, fun, and flexible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

511.6K
410K
34.9K
21.2K

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

84%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

92%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss