Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 23,729 reviews matching the search See all 29,916 reviews
Awesome place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 17, 2019
They give awesome training skills that you can take with you everywhere. Very patient. They care about their customers and employees. I would work here again if the pay wasn’t so low for baristas. I also was able to stock up on my favorite teas & coffees while working here.
Pros
Free lunches on your shift & discounts on all of the products.
Great job, terrible managment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 17, 2019
This is only my specific on-campus store, I had a horrible manager, and we were not paid the normal wages that Starbucks workers receive. It was also a very catty work environment, but the costumes were amazing.
Allowed me to have a stable income while continuing my education
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COJanuary 17, 2019
Starbucks has been really good to me. For the most part I enjoyed the time I spent there because of the positive work environment. They have decent pay and benefits. However it is not something I could do for the rest of my life. After 4 years I got burnt out on the same thing. I dislike the company wide pay raises instead of doing individual raises. Great place to be for me while I was getting through school. I also met a lot of wonderful people and learned many valuable skills.
Pros
I knew exactly what to do everyday without hesitation
Cons
I ended up feeling like a babysitter
n/a
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAJanuary 17, 2019
It was great while it lasted. It was never a career for me, just a temporary job. I would recommend it to anyone in high school or college as it has great flexibility.
Great place to work!
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAJanuary 17, 2019
My manager was great and always very understanding. The company is amazing and helps those who want to return to school. They offer good benefits. The average work day as fast aced but pleasant.
Opportunity for Growth
Barista (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 16, 2019
As long as you put in the effort and show that you want to grow in your position as an employee for Starbucks, it is a WONDERFUL company to work for. Even for simply part time employment, there are a ton of resources to take advantage of!
Enough pay to live on if you're 16
Barista (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAJanuary 16, 2019
You'll never make enough to live comfortably in California, obviously. And you always have to do 3 things at once so get better at multi-tasking. All of my co-workers were lazy so I had to work harder, plus there are way too many customers at once to keep up with.
Pros
free coffee every shift and weekly
Cons
terribly miserable job
It was a quick pace but relaxed
Barista (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 16, 2019
A typical day was just handling drinks, working through a rush, cleaning every afternoon and before closing. I learned to be how to be faster, multitask and have better patience. The manager is an easy going yet strict when need to kind of guy. The hardest part was probably trying to clean during a rush but it was doable. The most enjoyable was talking to customers and becoming friendlier with them.
Pros
Free drinks and food everyday
Fast and Correct
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2019
Starbucks has a fast pace nature. You want to give a customer a correct drink as fast as you can, because most of the time you are making the drink that is making them a happier person.
Pros
lots of benefits. Free Coffee. Free lunch.
Cons
can be stressful.
Working at Starbucks was fun and stimulating
Barista (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 16, 2019
I very much enjoyed working at Starbucks. To me the most fulfilling part of my job were the daily interactions with costumers. I greatly cherished getting to meet and connect with interesting people, and bringing satisfaction to their day.
very fun place to work
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 16, 2019
my co workers were the best part of the job. it was like a family. interacting with customers helped me a lot with my shyness and now I am very confident in my customer service abilities.
everyones cool
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 16, 2019
From my experience, everyone I work with is chill and respectful and most customers are nice and appreciative. There’s a certain stigma about people that work at Starbucks being stuck up but that’s absolutely untrue. All my co workers in NJ and CA are extremely down to earth, sweet people who want nothing but the best for their Starbucks family and the people they serve.
Pros
Free meal every day, free pound of coffee a week, cash tips every week, nice people
Cons
Tips are divided by how many hours you worked in the week and not by the shifts that you work, no leggings/sweatpants allowed, pay is sufficient but minimum and not enough to support myself on my own
Productive and fast paced job
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 16, 2019
Starbucks is a great corporation to work for. There is never a slow day and you are always moving and improving your skills. You go through plenty of training in multiple areas.
Greatest job ever
Barista (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85226January 16, 2019
I dont remember a time i walked into work unenthusiastic about seeing my coworkers my boss or my customers, everyone there was friendly and it was the most positive and greatest work environment anyone could ever ask for.
Pros
free lunches, drinks, free beans once a week, free spotify.
Cons
fast paced, you have to be ready for hundreds of drinks in an hour, Not everyone is skilled enough to be a barista
Fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Taos, NMJanuary 16, 2019
Starbuck's taught me a lot on how to make coffee, patience with customers, and strong leadership skills to keep you motivated. I highly recommend Starbuck's if you looking for something that will hire fast if all circumstances are met.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Work hours
All management, regardless of experience was hired right out of college.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 16, 2019
While I liked managing Starbucks (inside of Target) there was definitely discrimination among upper management (in Target Corporation). I'm older and have 10+ years retail management experience and still wouldn't be hired on as more than a department manager. They only hired upper management directly out of college with a new degree. It was really disappointing because this is a company I could've seen staying with long-term.
Pros
Fair pay, liked my coworkers.
Cons
Only newly graduated bosses without any retail experience.
Good place to work, I had a bad manager
Barista and Barista Trainer (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 16, 2019
A typical day was me coming in at 4:30am and opening the store and making customer orders. I learned all of the drink recipes and I kept learning the new recipes as time went on. Management at my store was not very good. The manager gossiped about coworkers and was very negative towards a lot of the employees. She took a lot of things personally and made peoples lives miserable if she didn't like them. Toward the end some coworkers and I were getting our hours cut so badly that we barely worked. Aside from the management everything is amazing! The workplace culture is fantastic! Everyone is really nice and gets along really well. It gave us a chance to bond as coworkers and as individuals. The hardest part of the job is the early hours, how fast paced it is and you also have to multitask all the time. The best part of the job was connecting with the customers and creating an amazing experience for them that set the tone for the rest of their day.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, 30% off while not working, free drinks while working, stock benefits, 401K, investment opportunities
Cons
Stressfull sometimes, bad manager
Fun, fast and full of experiments
Barista (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2019
a work day is easy and fast-paced, I just increased the skills I already had. The management was very reasonable and easy to talk with about issues. The hardest part was making sure every drink at once when u have a lot of customers. the most enjoyable part was the ppl you work with and the environment.
Good for students
Barista (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 16, 2019
They were very flexible with schedules. Coworkers were great people. Managers cared about the store’s well being. We kept the store very clean and organized. Volunteer opportunities with the company.
Very fun and busy workplace
Certified Barista Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2019
Working at Starbucks was such a fun experience. The only time things were really hectic was during Frapp Happy Hour and peak time. Other than that, usually the staff become really close and have a true bond.
Pros
two breaks
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

512.2K

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight