Starbucks

Starbucks Employee Reviews

United States42,231 reviews

Found 42,231 reviews matching the searchSee all 53,463 reviews
drinkcoffeebaristabaristaspartnerfreespotifystore

Grow, learn, everything and more

Featured review

Starbucks selected this as a representative review
What a remarkable company to work for. They covered my health insurance AND paid for my college tuition to ASU. Because of them, I've grown so much as a person. Made so many friends, memories, and I dream fondly of the good times I spent here. They take care of their baristas, truly

Official response from Starbucks

June 6, 2022
Thank you for providing feedback. We appreciate your input and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your partner experience! Starbucks culture and success are driven by our partners and their achievements.

It was alright

I enjoyed the customers and making drinks. It was an okay job to have, my co-workers were decent and the pay was alright. I loved interacting with customers the most.

Starbucks insights

• Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Stressful

I didn’t enjoy working at Starbucks and quit relatively quickly. Even though manager and other people working were really nice, it was always insanely stressful, and training took forever it was pretty hard for me. Glad I quit.

Stressful

I did not enjoy working at Starbucks, even though the manager and the other coworkers were great people. They were always stressed, which made me feel stressed and in the way. Then, I wasn’t scheduled for like a month, so I just quit and it was a great decision.

Stressed with corporate greed

Unrealistic expectations from corporate. Record profits but employees aren't getting anything back in return. Constantly understaffed. Bad customers. Better benefits than most entry jobs and an inclusive workplace.

Isn’t worth all the stress they put you through

I used to really like working for Starbucks but after three years they expect you to do the work of 2 people while barely making minimum wage. They will work you straight into the ground and burnout is super common. People won’t show up for their scheduled shifts so you will have to somehow cover that shift (usually other baristas will have to pick up those hours last minute). It’s such a stressful job and so much is wrong with the work environment that I could go on, but after three years I would say don’t consider working here it’s defiantly not worth your stress, mental health, or sacrificing yourself for this job.

Great for your first job

I love my job but also there are bad parts to working for Starbucks. It's a lot of lifting, dealing with angry customers and just stress in general with rush hour. it's hard work but the store I work at cares a lot for its employees and everyone helps each other. Be prepared to do a lot for less.

Pros

healthcare, coworkers, perks

Cons

low pay, a lot of work, lifting

Good Starting job

Good job to get your foot in the door for customer service. If you stay long enough you'll most likely get promoted unless you don't want to because it's really not worth it.

Depends on the location

I worked at a Starbucks located in my college. Everything was fine, but towards the end, I felt that they confused that I was a "student-worker" and made it seem that my schooling should come second. This was only in this specific location and I doubt other Starbucks are this way.

Fun Until it Wasn't

There are pros and cons to every job, but Starbucks had more of the latter than the former. I enjoyed my coworkers and connecting with customers, but the management was terrible and that really ruined the rest of the job for me. Most if not all shifts were incredibly stressful. Oftentimes, I would get asked to stay way longer than scheduled and did not feel like my time was properly compensated. HR support is disguised and tucked away and very difficult to find. Make sure you know how to contact higher-ups when starting this job.

fast paced

early morning start, fast paced work environment that asks the workers to stand on their feet all day. lots of protocols, cleaning tasks and constant learning. great benefits, health, dental, free online ASU degree, and promotions with pay raise

benefits

Cons

coffee addiction

Not enough pay for the work.

The hours were flexible but the pay was not worth it or livable. Corporate wants your soul and complete loyalty in exchange for the meager pay and difficult job

It was great

Loved it . Super fun easy job learned how to make many drinks I recommend to anyone and everyone it was a good one. Managers were accommodating and flexible

Decent job

Low pay, rude customers, a lot to do for little pay. I was a supervisor making peanuts. Super busy all the time, I think this job is for college students.

Great place to grow relationships

Great place when you have great coworkers. The store you are at plays a major role in your experience. Crafting beverages is a lot of fun and learning new recipes especially during the holidays was the best.

Pros

Free drinks and food while working

Cons

Physically a lot

Fast paced work environment, nice management and people

This job is very fast paced and can be tough to learn how to make everything. But once you get the hang of it, it's easy. The management is very nice and makes sure the restaurant is clean by following cleaning procedures.

Fun and professional

I liked working here. My manager was incredible. She cared so much about the employees there and always wanted us to grow. She never shamed us, only ever encouraged us to do our very best!

Pros

free lunches and drinks

Amazing.

I absolutely love work at Starbucks. every company is going to have its ups and down but Starbucks does a lot for their employees. different environment at different locations but definitely a fun easy job.

Pros

7 free daily food items. free drinks when clocked in. big discount when not working.

Cons

It is like working for a corporate. hard to really move up or become more involved.

Fast paced and a fun environment

Days usually start slow and pick as up people head to work in the morn, and it settles down into the evening. Any day can be a busy day, especially in the summer, but you learn how to multitask, become attentive, and repetitiveness becomes easier.

I loved working at Starbucks

The only bad thing is it is very fast paced so be ready to work very fast and learn every recipe. But overall I really enjoyed working at Starbucks and would work there again.

Pros

Good Managent

Cons

You have to work super fast and don't mess up drink orders.

Official response from Starbucks

July 2, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall partner experience!

Very awesome place

I would love to work there but management hired too many people and they had to let a lot of people go including me. If they were hiring I would definitely apply again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

82%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss