Starbucks Employee Reviews

34.1K
Found 19,466 reviews matching the search See all 24,488 reviews
Ehhh
Barista (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 20, 2018
Dont get involved in the gossip. Try to stick to yourself and do your job, if your patient the rest will come to you benefits are spectacular the hours just arent good
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Few hours
Good place to start
AST/barista certified (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXJuly 20, 2018
Working here is fast paced but the training methods are very detailed and precise, which will help a lot when working in this setting. I worked at the Target Starbucks so its a bit different, I worked mostly by myself which sometimes was fine if it was slow but being busy and alone can be very hard. the corporate Starbucks are better from my understanding. Managers came and went but my last one was very hard working and dedicated. Cool thing about working here is all the people you will meet and get to know. That's how I got my next job is by meeting the manager at Starbucks and having conversation.
Pros
Free Drinks and networking oppportunities
Cons
Short staffed, cant make a decent living income
Great Company
Territory Trainer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJuly 20, 2018
Great Company Culture. At store level it is a food industry job.
Company is innovative with its focus on being the third place in each neighborhood.
Fast paced and fun
Barista- Greenwood Village, CO (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 20, 2018
Great environment with a wonderful community feel. It is a fast paced job and you have to learn how to multitask and work under sometime stressful conditions. I loved the people I worked with. I wish the hours where more constant and stayed the same day to day.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Pay should be more, and more hours if needed
amazing and productive place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJuly 20, 2018
They offer great opportunities and you will love working here. it makes it way more better if you have great co workers and people willing to teach you. Starbucks is a company where they work with your school schedule and have great opportunities.
Fun, quick-paced workplace
Barista (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 20, 2018
Working at starbucks was a great experience for me aside from my management, who promised me more hours than I ever ended up getting. It was a great workplace environment aside from that.
Pros
free drinks and food, 30% partner discount, partner benefits
Cons
short breaks
Can be fast paced if you live in a big city, the quality depends on your district
Barista (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2018
A lot of favoritism takes place and baristas are usually taken for granted. Can be hit or miss depending on who you end up meeting or cross paths with.
Not fun but it is a job
Barista (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJuly 20, 2018
Our store was really disorganized and there is no management. The pay is not enough to support oneself. The hours are long and I was consistently asked to work over hours. There was not much of an effort to give good customer service.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor pay and poor working enviornment
Average Work Environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OH 43026July 20, 2018
Worked with my schedule, I was a full-time student, so I worked part-time. If I had last minute issues, they were decently helpful at accommodating my schedule. CEO is wonderful and takes care of employees. You accrue PTO after a year, per shift. Benefits were amazing, as was health insurance options, but you must work a year there before receiving any benefits. 30% employee discount on all products, including those already marked down. As an employee, there were no limits to tattoo's or piercings, and were even encouraged as a form of art expression. We kind of had a uniform, but it was really blue jeans, black shoes, and pretty much any shirt/outerwear.

Management was unorganized, and only focused on 1st shift problems (I worked 1st shift, and then changed to 2nd shift). We were extremely understaffed on 2nd shift, and they were extremely over staffed on 1st. They pay was not very great.
Pros
benefits, employee discount, culture, freedom of expression
Cons
management, pay
Review
Barista (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 20, 2018
My last manager was terrible. He didnt get along with people or customers. Cannot offer better pay or hours. Not enough staff on floor to keep the stress down.
Pros
Free coffee and meal
Cons
Pay and no vacation hours
Fast paced place to work! Fun with your coworkers all working together.
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 20, 2018
Great job to have if you need to work at certain times because there are different shifts throughout the day to accommodate your schedule if you have another job or attending school. This is a fast paced job that you can have fun with customers and your coworkers.
Pros
Lunches, breaks, getting off early sometimes
Great starter job or retiree job
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 20, 2018
Because of the pay scale, this is good for a beginning job. Because of benefits, this job is good for retirees. I came to appreciate the strict abidance with Starbucks policies and structure as it made it easier to move between stores and feel comfortable knowing that the policies are basically the same.
Pros
Free drinks, very social, flexible
Cons
Hectic, fast-paced
A fast pace environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2018
I worked at Starbucks off and on for over 14 years. Its a great environment with great people. I went to school and work with flexible hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with customers making it a great experience.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fun
Barista (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2018
Loved my job. Wish things worked out. My situation was unique and would still recommend to anyone. Needed to leave for personal reasons but did it the wrong way.
Very stressful environment, but if you love coffee, its doable
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAJuly 20, 2018
I needed a job and I am good with people, so I figured I would work the cash register. I'm not a coffee person though and the amount of things I had to learn were pretty immense. Dark, medium, light roasts, frozen coffees, iced coffees, lattes, macchiatos, teas, etc. however, most people are proficient with coffee, so it's not a big deal. I felt like more a liability than an asset, which is a feeling I am not used to. Co-workers were usually frustrated with me because I couldn't procure various drinks in a split-second notice. I got better with time, but it just wasn't worth the level of stress on me.
Pros
part-time benefits, free coffee
Cons
nonstop stress
its a coffee shop
BARISTA/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 20, 2018
Very Corporate,
Well intentions
works mostly well with schedules
did not make enough to live in a decent neighborhood with out roommates
pay rate was a little lacking
Fun and Friendly Enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJuly 19, 2018
As employee as Starbucks it was great overall, I got a chance to meet different people from different walks of life from the customers to other fellow partners. I was a fun place but it was all business as well.
Flexible
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 19, 2018
I like working for this company. However this really depends on the managers. I was hired by a great manager and he was amazing. Then he got promoted and a new manager came. This manager was a nightmare. It was so bad that half the store transfer out into different stores. This is when I things went from bad to worse. The manager at this new store just quit one day so we didn't have a manager for months. Then finaly we got a new one and she was amazing until she wasn't. I loved this job when There was good management.
Pros
free food, free drinks, one pound of coffee a week, 30% discount
Fun place to work
Customer Service/Barista Trainer (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 19, 2018
Very flexible work schedule. Tuition reimbursement. Fun place to work, great employees and customers. Health, dental and vision insurance are excellent.
I loved it
Barista (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 19, 2018
This was one of my very first jobs and I loved it. The manager was sweet, the customers were nice (except for the occasional misfit) and I loved being there. I’m still sad that I had to quite due to schoolwork, but I loved the job through and through.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
below average pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

76out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Starbucks.

Powered by Comparably