Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 25,820 reviews matching the search See all 32,712 reviews
Average fast food job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCApril 22, 2019
Not much to say about the job itself. Come in and make drinks, clean up the store then clock out. I liked all of my coworkers and management was understanding with any issues.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short breaks
Easy job, but don’t get comfortable.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOApril 22, 2019
Starbucks was a pretty easy place to work, but the management needs work. There was little room for advancement in the company, aside from Shift Supervisor. After being promised for over a year that I would be able to take Coffee Master classes and train to be an ASM, it never happened, so I found a different job.
Pros
Free food and discounts, plus stock.
Cons
Management, no room to grow.
highly recommend
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 22, 2019
very fast paced but I've learned a lot. would recommend for younger employees or people looking for career advancements. love seeing customers faces when they received their drink and were happy with it.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAApril 22, 2019
honestly starbucks is a toxic work environment i absolutely do not recommend it to anyone. the management is always weird and power trip-y and they make it so hard to get benefits.
Great college job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 22, 2019
Thankful for my first job at Starbucks for giving me leadership experience and amazing customer service skills. My only complaint is that staffing was a big issue. We were either severely overstaffed during rushes or overstaffed with an empty store.
Okay for students
Barista (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 22, 2019
Very flexible schedule. Worked for multiple years and did not have any opportunity for advancement. Hire outside managers which sucks. Pay is okay, they do give raises frequently.
Pros
Flexible, hours, benefits.
Cons
Advancement
Good environment, low pay for the work, room to grow.
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 22, 2019
Wish it provided more hours. Hard work in an 8 hr shift though. Leaves you tired. People are usually good natured and helpful. Lots of customer interaction and variety in work.
Great company to work for. Highly recommended.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAApril 22, 2019
Very organized and fast pace atmosphere. Great benefits. They understand the importance of celebrating success. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customer connections.
productive and great for learning experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAApril 22, 2019
My typical day at work consisted of fast paced moving and communication. It was a fun experience to be hands on after being trained for 2 weeks. The hardest part of the job was learning all the drinks and how to make them.
Pros
free lunch, free drinks while working, free subscription with Spotify
Cons
short breaks.
barista trainer/ supervisor
Barista trainer/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 22, 2019
Develop outline training materials and standard routine memory tricks for new trainees. Incorporate organized daily routines for barista team members to do on and off the coffee line

Demonstrate line routines; show markings for drinks and food as well as new promoted drinks or food
Inspect the trainees practiced drinks and routines practices

Manage a work shift as in providing closing tasks and break assignments; promote new trainees into a barista team member
great experience!
Starbucks Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 22, 2019
For m first job I enjoyed my time there, the experience was great and was ableto meet a lot of people. I loved the hands on work and interacting with costumers. Made time go by fast since we were busy most of the time.
Fast Paced & Collaborative
Barista (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAApril 22, 2019
A typical day depends on where you live and what your neighborhood's culture is like. Staff is generally friendly and welcoming, only once experienced a rude/unwelcoming partner. Mornings usually have the most customers coming in and the closing shifts usually have to deal with the aftermath of that mess.
Management was very sympathetic and understanding of their partner's personal life/schedules. Pressure from the district level puts a lot of pressure and stress on them.

Generally a good place to work.
Pros
Free food and beverages, retirement options, healthcare
Fun experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAApril 22, 2019
I enjoyed my time here. Very fast pace work kept me busy. I really enjoyed working with customers as well as my coworkers. I prefer working in restaurants, but my time here was enjoyed.
Good culture
Addressed employee and production issues head (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PAApril 22, 2019
Can be a bit challenging in the city due to homeliness, and drug users they will disrupt the third place. But overall I have a great manager and awesome baristas
Productive work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 22, 2019
I love working for Starbucks ! This was my first job ever and I am so happy it was.starbucks taught me professionalism.i would absolutely go back tot his job .
Pros
Free drinks
Basic
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 22, 2019
This job was good to help get me through my college years. But when people want to move up there is not much of an incentive. You make barley 2 dollars more then a barista with alot more responsibility.
Great place and customers
Certified Barista/Certified Barista Trainer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 22, 2019
Terrible manager at the time. Expected me to do her job for her constantly. Starbucks was my absolute favorite job thus far. I enjoyed the customers and the atmosphere.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Manager
Starbucks; fast, crazy, fun
Barista (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 22, 2019
Working with Starbucks has taught me more than any class could. they teach you responsibility, perfection, teem work, communication, and much more. its a great place to start off in your life. It has given me respect for food chain, business, restaurants, and employees. that I probably not have anywhere else.
A good place to work part-time
Barista (Former Employee) –  Stony Brook, NYApril 22, 2019
I worked part time at a chain at my university that was run by Compass group. You're required to learn and regularly cover 5 different positions at work; hot bar, cold bar, cashier, oven, and storeroom. Good relationship with co-workers. Rush hour is very stressful, outside of rush hour it can be pretty chill. This is a job that keeps your mind active, but once you get settled into things the job stagnates.
Pros
Flexible hours and a good community
Cons
Not much room for upwards growth.
Great people and atmosphere. Coworkers become your friends. The mornings get really stressful and busy. A lot of benefits but pay isn’t great.
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXApril 22, 2019
Atmosphere is great and coworkers become friends. The mornings become highly stressful and Starbucks corporation keeps giving drinks that take forever to make but expect us to have drive thru times of 30 seconds which never happens. I’ve worked here for 4 years and still get paid under 10 dollars an hour. A lot of benefits, not enough pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

513.1K
411.6K
35.6K
21.5K

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

93%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss