Starbucks

Starbucks Employee Reviews for Barista

Barista22,332 reviews
United States22,332 reviews
Found 22,332 reviews matching the search
Honestly if you like a busy atmosphere then this job is for you. The public sucks, usually there is a middle aged person yelling about the wait or accusing you of messing up and order they didn't say correctly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Rude customers, low pay
The only reason why I am still working at starbucks is because the employees. If they all left I would probably leave too. The only thing that sucks is one week you can get 18 hours and the next would be 30 hours.
Pros
free spotify, free drinks
Cons
can work 7-9 days in a row
Although mornings could be early, the culture of the team was really great and I would highly recommend it for anyone starting out in a business or one that needs flexibility.
It was incredibly difficult learning all of the different kind of drinks, once they were memorized they were fun to make. Customers were snobby and rude.
Pros
Free drinks
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
It's basically what you would expect from a barista job. Sometimes it can ge a bit overhwelming if the shop busy, but most of the postions can be fun as long as you like the people you work with! You all work in such close quarters- they basically make or break the job
The absolute worst job I’ve ever had. The only good thing about it is all the benefits that you receive while working there. I would not recommend this job to any adult who wants to be taken seriously
I enjoy working here as it provided me with the flexibility I needed to while in school. The partners always made work enjoyable even when it was extremely busy and would recommend working here if you're a student looking for a part time job.
Had a great 2-3 years working at Starbucks, all my coworkers and bosses over the years were great and loved building relationships with all my new and regular costumers
Racist coworkers, complicit manager, and a store filled with partners who are stressed and overworked. Corporate continues to meddle with changing things that usually are inconveniences, they don't care about making change. Our SM is too busy taking vacations to care about what's happening in store and will only promote white people.
Pros
spotify premium
Cons
being dehumanized on a daily basis by your manager and coworkers
They truly do not care about their employees. Your managers will claim they want to help you and keep all drama out, but they create drama. Managers are constantly talking about you behind your back along with your coworkers. Fakest place I have ever worked. Worse than high school.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Mental health takes a huge downfall
Pay & benefits
My pay and benefits at Starbucks are great and fair! They bump you up in pay every year no matter what which is super nice. You also get tips that are split between the employees on that specific shift that day which is also a bonus.
It is a great place for students who go to college to work and make money to help with school expenses. Employees go through a learning curve and are helped by coworkers at each step.
I hated this job, but it doesn't mean you will.
The benefits really are impressive, with insurance, a 401k, lots of free coffee, paid sick leave, free Spotify premium, the list goes on.

However.

I would stare at the clock every shift, willing it to go faster. I had panic attacks at least weekly because we were so short staffed and shift supervisors expect us to be two places at once. And it's not their fault; if everything doesn't get done, it falls on them.

They expect far too much of individual employees. When you fail to meet impossible expectations, you get "spoken to" about it, but of course because you didn't do anything wrong, they won't write you up for it.

To be fair, it is pretty hard to get fired. I wished they would fire me though.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, rude customers, overworked
Work was fast paced and fun on occasion. Managment was bad and sometimes disrespectful. My co-workers were great and really supportive. I learned how to be more patient and open-minded as a person.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Short Breaks
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at Starbucks is what you want it to be. The schedule can be very flexible and managers are always willing to work with you.
Every single shift here is absolutely exhausting. We are expected to do the jobs of three people for not even the pay of one decent job. I used to love working here, but the company makes me feel like a robot, and the customers treat us accordingly.
Supportive managers, execellent company benefits (including spotify and other perks). Employee stock program and a overall great culture. Teaches you to be quick on your feet, at least in my experience with a drive thru store that was quite busy.
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at Starbucks is very fair. My manager was always flexible with my school schedule. It was easy to balance my life outside of work.
The biggest thing I learned from starbucks was how to take care of customers without getting overworked and stressed. Making drinks was all about time management and knowing where everything was.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
It was an overall good working environment. Our location was extremely busy and the line could get very long, so it was pretty stressful trying to make drinks as fast as you could while making sure that they were up to standard. I had wonderful managers and coworkers.
Pros
Free drinks and food
Cons
Licensed locations don't have the benefits that corporate locations get
Worked on campus Starbucks at my university for 2 years. Management is fine and there is always something to do, though the tasks become monotonous over time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low salary for the work you do even after 2 years