Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 27,123 reviews matching the search See all 34,278 reviews
Great place to work at with great vibes, difficult situations like every other fast-paced job.
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 15, 2019
working at Starbucks is a great experience, it definitely helps with customer service and fast-paced efficiency skills. Depending on where you work depends on how your experience will be. You have the ability to transfer given a good reason, but what is also good is you are able to work at different locations within the district if you are not getting enough hours.
Pros
1 free food item every shift/ 30% off at starbucks locations for everything except Gift cards
it was a good experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJune 15, 2019
it was good experience but minimum wage still low, benefit wasn't bad
Starbuck drinks and food not healthy enough even for consumer diet
I am asian when I got hire it waiting so long for 6 months to train to be barista
Good place to start out
Barista and Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 15, 2019
Fast paced place to work, good entry level job to learn to advance and for good customer experience. You learn to very accustomed to your regulars and enjoy the atmosphere
Pros
Free lunches and drinks
Great Job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2019
Fun and fast-paced job. Encourages personal interactions with customers. Great fun getting to know the make up of the community. Great sense of team work to complete daily tasks.
Great company for growth in coffee
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 15, 2019
If you love coffee culture and want to grow quickly within a company, it is very possible for you to achieve great places with Starbucks. The work can be rough but fun.
Fast Paced work environment with low wages
BARISTA (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 15, 2019
I love Starbucks and the management I work under. It is a very fast paced work environment that I thrived in. I enjoyed always being busy. This job taught me new communication skills I did not previously have. I learned efficient ways of multitasking.
Pros
Good work Environment
Cons
Low hourly wage
Management needs to listen to their employees
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 15, 2019
While I believe the overarching culture and vision of what its like to work at Starbucks was initially well-thought out in the beginning, the corporate greed of optimizing on money made and less on employee satisfaction definitely shines through.
Crazy
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 15, 2019
Starbucks is a fun place to work at, but it can be a little crazy most of the time. The stores are always busy and short staffed. Many people just want a job and they don’t care about calling in sick all the time.
fun workplace with happy atmosphere
BARISTA (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 15, 2019
Starbucks is a great company and the employees bring across a happy and relaxed atmosphere in the stores. The customers are always happy to be there and very understanding. Hardest part about the job would have to be keeping up with the pace on a busy day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good Company
BARISTA (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 15, 2019
I highly enjoyed this job, however it is not a lifetime work field or place. there isn't much room for raises, but the benefits and all the other side/charity work the company does is phenomenal. it is wonderful for college student and even high school students since they pay a little above minimum wage, and the hours are very accommodating.
fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 15, 2019
stressful work environment. the only part i enjoyed was the people i worked with. customers were friendly and easy to please. management was easy to talk to
A great place for personal and professional growth in a fun environment.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Strawberry, CAJune 14, 2019
I had a lot of great experiences working at Starbucks, felt very supported by the company in general with many options for personal growth and career advancement.

Ultimately, however, the pay rate is not enough to compete with my previous work experience as a child care provider, and I had to relocate in order to afford the cost of living.
It was a quick paced environment
Barista & Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 14, 2019
There was always alot of customers, it was a quick-paced environment where you were always doing something. It was an okay job overall. My manager was great.
Intense, interesting, and exciting all blended in a Venti Cold Drink!
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 14, 2019
During my time at Starbucks, I Worked at three different locations, and let me tell you they all had its up and downs. Some managers were more lenient than others, other's had a military approach. The one thing that they had in common was the need to increase sales while maintaining a low drive-thru time, as well as pleasing the customers no matter how obnoxious they were. I can understand why customers always comes first from a business perspective, however, a happy employee is an even happier work environment. However, in all three location I had the privilege in working with amazing - awesome- talented people! I had some really good laughs, and if I had to do it again I would. I learned that with some patience and with good people you can get through any stressful situation.
Great culture if you have the right supervisor
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 14, 2019
The company helps you grow a lot. It it harder work than it looks. they put their baristas and customers before any other partner. Benefits keep getting better.
great benefits
Barista (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 14, 2019
I love the culture and atmosphere. No one can control having some rude customers so that is not Starbucks fault that you may have to deal with them. The benefits make everything 100% worth it. Pay is not fantastic, but benefits compensate for that for sure.
Productive and fast paced working environment
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 14, 2019
I liked working at starbucks because it was on my campus, I really like talking and seeing new people, and I love coffee. I had a really good experience working there.
Great work environment
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Helotes, TXJune 14, 2019
Had an amazing time working at Starbucks. Coworkers were the best part. Everybody was super nice. Easy job to pick up but it can get hectic on busy mornings. Good way to get experience. Would love to work with the company again.
Pros
Partner beverages, meals, and discounts are available.
Fun, family friendly, creativity , and busy!!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJune 14, 2019
You meet great people, it like a second family, great benifits!! You can get creative with drinks, room to grow with the company! You get to connect with customers. Free coffee and food anf great discounts!!
fun and fast paced
Supervisor/ Barista trainer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 14, 2019
Would definitely recommend. Great working environment and easy to move up. So many great experiences with the company and if I ever leave I would definitely come back in a heartbeat.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

513.7K

3.2InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight