Starcom Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
N/a
Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2018
I recommend working here. Great experience for entry level employees and there are plenty of opportunities to move up within the company. Work load depends on client account.
Great place to start
Media Planning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2017
Agency life is never easy but Starcom is a great place to start and get a good footing in the industry. You'll learn a lot but you'll also work a lot depending what account you are on. I've had nothing but amazing and supportive managers up until my last rotation- which was someone new hired from outside the company. Otherwise, I have nothing but positive experiences when it comes to Starcom. Just expect to manage your own professional growth. Promotions aren't handed out easily.
Very good but...
Associate Media Director, Henkel (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2017
Not enough business in NY to advance in your career.Actual offices leave much to be desired as they try to figure out where to shift each team. Will eventually move downtown
Pros
work environment, proximity to GCT (for now), flexible hours
Cons
few promotions, low salary
It was a nice, fun easy environment to work in.
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
It was a very relaxed environment. I loved dealing with clients.
There were a lot of incentives, gifts and things to keep us motivated to do well.
My coworkers were very easy to get along with and it was a very professional setting.
Pros
Monetary incentives as well as gifts
Cons
No real room for growth
Cool on the outside, hectic on the inside
Digital Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2017
Worked in the billing department Was always blamed for vendors not paying bills correctly or on time. Extremely stressful and not many benefits for hourly employees.
Senior Media Buyer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2017
Wonderful working environment. Great culture. Good team of senior managers that provide support to their direct reports. Company promotes within and offers employees to advance in their career.
Benefits
Cons
A great place, if you don't mind ownership.
Radio Broadcaster (Current Employee) –  Albany, MNJanuary 9, 2017
The co-workers are the best part of working with Starcom. Individuals go out of there way to help each other out, and it's a true team effort to get the job done. However, ownership is a complete joke. They refuse to update equipment, they deny raises to any employee, they cut benefits - health insurance is insanely expensive, and doesn't cover much. I would not recommend this environment to anyone who cares about the future they are pursuing.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Ownership
Fun work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2016
It was overall a great place of employment. Some times it would be hard to communicate with my co workers because of the hecting workplace and loud machines
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long days
Media company that mimics a puppy mill
Deliver Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2016
Starcom is a major player in the Chicago media agency world. Everyone knows that they provide great training to employees, however they also do not value their associates enough to pay them competitively and end up losing a huge amount of them to other companies that are willing to pay a reasonable salary.
Pros
Young company, opportunities to learn many valuable skills, work on large clients
Cons
Work life balance is completely dependent on where you land in the company and can be terrible, also the worst compensation package of media agencies in Chicago
Great culture, hard to advance in career from entry-level
Media Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2015
I love working at Starcom, however finding it extremely difficult to advance in my career after two stellar year end reviews. It all depends who your director is.
Pros
Great health benefits; Reps take you out often
Cons
Salary
Great training
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 31, 2015
Team collaboration
Positive atmosphere
Coworkers are ambitious and willing to learn
There is great resources to get the job done efficiently
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Limitations on job growth
The place to understand about Media Business
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 2, 2015
I started working for Starcom in Argentina, Starcom is a good place to start as a director. However, it depends on who are your friends, you need to have connections inside in order to keep growing.

I would not recommend to work for starcom.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No benefits, no motivations.
A sense of community
Traffic/Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2015
I have learned so much about advertising, creative, and traffic operations.
My co-workers are great, they make the day enjoyable!
Pros
perks, co workers
Cons
commute
Great people and fun place to work
Executive Assistant to the President (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Starcom is a group of very talented and creative individuals that treat their employees with respect and allow them the opportunity to grow. I would recommend this company with highest regards.
Great Work/Life Balance
Operations/Media Planner (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 7, 2015
The start of my day normally starts with a team status meeting to go over weekly assignments, goals and updates. A big part of my position is project management, I have schedule projects that I am assigned to manage from start to finish. I receive phone calls and emails regarding status updates on projects, client request, billing issues or any issues that need trouble shooting. My management is laid back and very approachable, we have an open door policy at my company. My management have taught me to use every experience to the fullest. I have learned so much working in my current position. I have picked up alot of skillls and experiences within the company that will allow me to apply them as I grow in my career.My co-workers are very welcoming and friendly. The company tries its' best to make all their workers happy. The hardest part of the job is driving into work because of the congestion in our downtown area, otherwise the job is great and the people are great.
Great Place to Start
Media Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2014
Great company to start your media career. It's a lot of sitting behind a computer, but there are good perks and benefits. You get to learn the in's and out's of the industry.
Great training and advancement opps, Multicultural team support not as strong
Media Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2014
Great place to work to get your foot in the door. Work can become very overwhelming in the multicultural departments because of limited staffing on many accounts.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2013
Starcom is a great place to work, with great benefits, and work environment.
Pros
non stressful
Cons
layed people off
Inspiring and motivating culture - makes you love work
GROUP HEAD (Former Employee) –  PakistanMay 4, 2012
I enjoyed working at Starcom most because of the organizations' inspiring culture and management, they makes you feel like work is not work which drives and motivates you to keep raising the bar. The most important thing i learned at Starcom was how to best touch the hearts of my audiences by connecting with them in ways they can relate to and reach them when and where they are most receptive. As a people's person, i love leading teams, collaborating efforts with agency partners and most of all handling clients. Handling clients and selling them my ideas was one of the most challenging part of my job but at the same time one of the most fulfilling parts as well. I loved working at Starcom.