Starfish Family Services Employee Review

View all Starfish Family Services reviews

Very busy pasted organization but fun and exciting
High Scope Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 9, 2012
A typical day at work (Head Start) is a little challenging but manageable. Working with diverse children and their families has been enjoyable thus far. My co-workers is what makes my job fun and exciting. We work as a team throughout the entire site. The hardest part of my job is getting Disability Aides on board to help limit challenging behaviors in my classroom. Management throughout our company is respectful and good about open communication. One thing I have learned about my job is that you get quality training, and high encouragements of upgrading your levels of education. I enjoy working with children,however, I feel at home and at peace when I enter a medical environment.
Pros
free trainings
Cons
plenty classroom observations by upper management

Other Starfish Family Services Employee Reviews

Great nonprofit
Community Outreach Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 7, 2018
Starfish is a nonprofit that really loves and focuses on the community. Working there definitely had its pros, there were not many cons because I was a part-time intern.
Pros
Free lunches
Curriculum specialist
Curriculum Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dearborn MiApril 11, 2018
Awesome place to work! Very productive and fun. I would highly recommend working here. administration is great . family environment. professional development always available.
Pros
Working with teachers and administration
Cons
no cons