Stark State College Employee Reviews

fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 21, 2018
It was a great place to work. I loved the people and administration. I would recommend this place to anyone. I miss working there and the people were great.
Enjoyable student job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  N Canton, OHJanuary 17, 2018
A relaxed job where I was able to complete all of my homework while at my job. The specific position was as a receptionist in the Health and Public Services Division.
Fun place to work
receptionist at Writing Center (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Loved dealing with students who need help. my supervisor was super nice. i was responsible for making appointments, checking students in, letting teachers know that students are waiting for them and lot more.
Productive Work Place
Student Worker- Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 15, 2018
Always fast paced, always something to do. Management was always super helpful whenever needed. Stark State is a diverse college which allows for plenty of opportunity. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it allows for learning different techniques within the laboratory setting. The job always consisted of something different so you were never "stuck" doing the same repetitive work each day.
Pros
Excellent staff, friendly envrionment, job placement opportunities for student workers.
Great place to pursue your education
Professor (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 3, 2018
As mentioned, Stark State College is a great place to pursue your education. With multiple locations in Northeast Ohio, Stark State College provides many opportunities.
Enjoyed migration project time
Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  6200 Frank Avenue NW Canton OhioDecember 5, 2017
job work environment was good but very slow place to learn in career advancement. But I enjoyed my migration projects. I have completed couple of production database projects.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no health care
Great!
ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR/RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 27, 2017
Stark State college is a great place to work. Great benefits, friendly co-workers and staff. Strong educational foundation and works with diverse students.
Great place to work.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHOctober 29, 2017
Well organized. Instructors and department head very helpful for new adjunct instructors. Excellent office accommodations for adjuncts; rooms with several computer stations, printer(s), all functioning. Never run out of paper, as happened frequently at other places I have taught at.

Highly recommend teaching here.
Pros
Support for adjunct instructors.
Cons
Would like more full-time opportunities.
Quiet and learning
Student (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 16, 2017
I studied paralegal studies and it dealt with a lot of Microsoft office learning on the computer and how to put information in the computer to set up information for an attorney.
Pros
Quiet learning
Cons
Lunch room small
I already wrote on this company. It sucked.
DAL (Current Employee) –  CAKFebruary 14, 2017
I already wrote stuff. I don't like working here and would never work here if I didn';t need to put bread on the table. at home.
The pay is insulting and full time people that leave are not replaced... just get more part time people since so much cheaper.
Work while getting a degree
IT Helpdesk Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 19, 2017
They pay wasn't great, but the experience was, I was able to make so many industry contacts that I had a job waiting on my graduation.
Pros
Work and learn. Industry Contacts
Cons
Pay
Dedicated to Educational Success
INTERNSHIP - TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJune 30, 2016
Amazing group of dedicated educational instructors, professors and staff. Insured work time was scheduled around class/course work to ensure educational advancement was priority. Wonderful working experience for college students.
very fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJune 8, 2016
i had so much fun at this job and i got to meet a lot of different people in the criminal justice field. I was able to work along side of students and felons.
Rewarding job with great coworkers
Instructional Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 24, 2016
I enjoy the diversity of teaching medical procedures to students. My greatest reward is seeing their faces when they have that "Aha moment." Watching students mature and gain confidence in their newly gained knowledge and techniques of the medical procedures. Definitely the hardest part of my job is when I have to fail a student on a procedure test out.
Pros
Instructing future Medical Assistants is very rewarding
Very Professional
Data Entry Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 21, 2016
I did enjoy my stay there while I did data entry and worked one on one with other workers. they were very flexible with hours and any other personal time needed
Fantastic job experience and encouraging friendly co-workers
receptionist/ office assistant/ student ambassador (Former Employee) –  Student worker Provost OfficeFebruary 23, 2016
I would encourage every student to become a student worker. The experience for me was priceless. Friendly co-workers and top-notch experience.
Challenging
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHSeptember 20, 2015
A typical work day was challenging and productive. Everyone knew what to do and how to do it. There was a feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day.
Secretary
Secretary (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHAugust 29, 2015
The day would start out somewhat slow. If need be I would schedule appointments for someone to talk to their advisor.
Everyone was great and easy to get along with.
Great environment
Student Tutor of Anatomy and Physiology (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 25, 2015
Very respectful and kind working environment. Students came to the lab to study cadavers for muscle, bone, vessel anatomy.
Same as above
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHAugust 21, 2015
Stark State College was very well organized and was very concerned in seeing that there student were successful in completing their degree. The students and faculty were the number one concerns of Stark State College. Had I not moved away from North East Ohio, I would still be employed there.