Starkey Hearing Technologies Employee Reviews

Great mission, great company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 7, 2018
They value hard work, a strong company culture and developing the talent they have. Work life balance can be problematic at times, but the overall philanthropic vision of the company is unmatched.
Kool Aid
IT (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 16, 2018
The company uses the foundation and all its wonderful philanthropy as a smokescreen. It's a club at the top, say yes and you can advance. Pay is well below average for most positions across the company.
Pros
Lots of PTO. That's it.
Cons
Everything else.
nice place for younger people
Hearing Aid Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 23, 2018
A good place to get your career going. A lot of younger workers starting out on their future. Always something new coming up to keep everyone busy and interested in their work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
pretty quick paced
Friendly environment, easy to navigate and diversify the things you work on.
Senior Microelectronic Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 20, 2018
- Very strong work place culture.
- Friendly employees.
- Decent diversity.
- You can look into working on new things, you probably will not be able to find finding or resources but you can at least perform technology scanning on hearing technology related stuff.
- The hardest thing is that you do not really know how the decisions are made and what direction the company is taking, and if your projects are going to be cancelled soon.
Pros
Good life-work balance
Cons
inconsistent upper management
Pretty Good Place to work
Operator III (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNJanuary 17, 2018
When I worked here, I had room to advance and I took any chance that I could to do this. I got into the position that I wanted, but was a little sad to see that I wasn't earning as much as I thought I should. The people were mostly friendly and it was a pretty laid back atmosphere. I worked, and there was usually plenty of overtime for my position which I loved. Overall it's a good place to work.
Pros
company events, overtime
Cons
some things wouldn't get implemented until much later after suggestion
Great Benefits
Earmold Technician (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 7, 2018
I've worked at Starkey Hearing for a few years now.

They have great benefits.
-401k
-Health
-DIscounts
-Very flexible with PTO

I found the management over every level very listening
A company in transition
Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 20, 2017
This is still a company very much in transition after change of entire leadership team. Management has a vision but seems to lack a clear plan on how to achieve it. Starkey has a history of respect for the individual but that respect is starting to dwindle very quickly as lay offs have become more common.
Productive and fast paced workplace
Materials Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNDecember 18, 2017
Working for Starkey was a great place to learn many different things within Material Management. I learned how to weigh pieces, fill orders from the production line and other branches within Starkey; receive incoming parts into the computer and contact the purchasers with questions about invoices; ship final products out to the customers.
Pros
break times, fellowship and communication
Strong Corporate Culture
Leadership Team Member (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 18, 2017
Collaborative work environment with like-minded professionals. As the Company is a leader in Hearing Aid Technology, there is much to learn about the industry working there. Depending upon the role, there may be many weekend work days, and extensive travel.

Starkey is a privately-held company and as such does not answer to a board of directors, and can manage their employees on an at-will basis.
Pros
Enthusiastic culture
Cons
Company encourages employees to be fully engaged in culture
Fast paced work environment, high stress, lack of direction
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 24, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is adding value to our products through leading/coordination of many continuous improvement projects.
A typical day at work is very fast paced with many project meetings and with typically no decisions made until the absolute last minute.
Project management is exceptional, however, many product and project decisions are made due to timeline, not quality, cost, or reliability.
This position has allowed me to become very disciplined in my problem solving approach - live and breathe DMAIC!
- Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, and Control.
Great opportunity to grow and learn
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 14, 2017
I have been given a wide variety of opportunities to learn and grow in my role. The job changes daily and that is exciting for me. There is always something new to work on and to learn.
Pros
Great PTO
Cons
Lack of opportunity for promotions
Overall An Okay Place
Would Rather Not Specify (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 12, 2017
Don't mind what I do, but management wasn't so great in the department. Felt belittled and not up to par. Every work day is different -- some days you're there late, other days you get sent home early.
Fine
Customer Relations Audiologist (Current Employee) –  Home BasedOctober 23, 2017
Taking lots of phone calls. Difficult to provide input and have it accepted. Not great communication between departments. Sales thinks they are far superior to the support side. No real way to advance professionally.
Changing culture
Accounting Duties (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 3, 2017
They are working very hard to change the culture to be a positive environment where people are your most valuable assets. In the past I have thought nothing but highly of Starkey Hearing Technologies.
Overall great company to work for.
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 28, 2017
I would go back to this company again. Initially was frustrated by company vision and mission being misaligned with performance measures. I wished that quality was more of a focus, as it often seemed quantity was all that mattered.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Some inaccurate performance measures
Energetic placeto work
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 28, 2017
Good place to work, but events sometimes skew work/life balance. Culture is typically exceptional and there is a sense that while everyone there wants to earn money, people are working for a higher purpose.
A well intentioned company with many internal issues
Senior Software Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 25, 2017
In the news recently for unfortunate reasons, detracts from the many talented and thoughtful people working at Starkey. Major changes to upper and middle management have resulted in a toxic work environment, unfocused products and a general decrease in overall quality.
Family oriented with family activities
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 28, 2017
Starkey is a very family oriented organization with family activities throughout the year. It is a great place for employees with young children. Departments can vary greatly at Starkey. Management is trying to be transparent, but a lot of employee changes going on, which can be both positive and negative.
Fulfilling place to be
SDEM- Soft Digital Earmolds (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Starkey, and everyone I worked with was like family. I learned many different areas and actually looked forward to go into work each day.
International Order Specialist
International Order Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 22, 2017
Great career advancement opportunities

International cultural and business exposure

Flexible hours

4 weeks of paid vacation

Maternity leave of 6 weeks paid at 60%
Pros
Starkey Gala
Cons
Compensation below average

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starkey Hearing Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.3Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Starkey Hearing Technologies Reviews by Location