Starling Physicians Employee Reviews

income
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 10, 2018
cost of living raises would bring us up to other medical professional teams,poor communication skills, after 3 years should be increased more then a half hour
I wish they have space of growth
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTOctober 2, 2018
I wish I could have the opportunity to grow and learn new things. I could move up. I want to be able to study other stuff and that they could help us move forward in life.
negative
PSR - Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTSeptember 25, 2018
very rude employees, nasty attitudes, no fair warnings on anything, cyber bullying is allowed to be done by management and HR doesn't not care. I will never work for a company with such low standards. Management gets away with everything and everyone is fake. Do not apply they will fire with no warning or CC you in emails about you getting fired. STAY AWAY!
Pros
Cons
pay, teamwork, poor management
Horrible place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTSeptember 5, 2018
The office manager is rude and nasty to staff and patients. She talks about the doctors she works for behind their back, takes personal phone calls during meetings and then laughs and says, we have these doctors that are so demanding. I wonder what she says about us behind our back. It's a clique, and if you dont fit the criteria of that clique you are out casted. It is one of the most horrible places I've ever worked.
Intern experience
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTAugust 24, 2018
I enjoyed my time as a intern and they trained me well. I learned how to use All Scripts, Assist patients to there designated area and still obtain vitals and information needed to put in the system in a timely maner.
Pros
Drug Reps normally bring breakfast or lunch.
Cons
No cons
Large Organization with Small Office Feeling
Administration (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJuly 18, 2018
Starling has recently become a large competitive organization in CT healthcare industry. They work hard to keep the small office feeling and it shows
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Medical/Dental Benefits
Starling
Registered Medical Assistant/receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CT 06033June 29, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Starling. I was a medical receptionist/ assistant. The staff was nice and management and the doctors treated me well. I would recommend anyone working there if you had the opportunity.
great job opportunity
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 13, 2018
Starling is a great place to work, the co workers are ok but it is best to stick to yourself. I learned how to work in a fast pace environment, with tasks in between.
Pros
good pay
Cons
too much drama
Productive, quick paced, entertaining,
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 23, 2018
Typical day was fun for me. Busy, active, and I genuinely enjoyed interacting with the patients. Didn't find anything really hard about it. I learned empathy, and more hands on with the patients. How to speak with the patients. Best part was how fast paced it was.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Wonderful Environment, Great place to get an internship or job in the medical field
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 9, 2018
A typical day at work was relaxed and bringing in patients was wonderful. The staff is always professional. The hardest part was placing in patients after they come in late so the physician can see them. I learned that not all physicians work the same. The most enjoyable part was communicating with the patients.
Nasty management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 8, 2018
Be very careful. Human Resources cares only about management not the employees. Pathetic management in most departments. Very unprofessional and uncaring. Corporate it is.
Applicable Starling Physician's Eye Center
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTFebruary 22, 2018
Practice manager is rude and abrasive; she treats patients and staff with disrespect. Front office is disorganized/fueled with poor team building skills.
Pros
Caring doctors, Advancement, Competive wage/vacation packages.
Cons
Poor management/unethical standards towards patients and employees. Hostile front office.
Ophthalmology management needs to work on people skills
Tecnician (Former Employee) –  CtJanuary 19, 2018
Manager in ophthalmology has no people skills, nor does she follow her own rules she sets. Turn around in that office is constant, the workload is too much for the pay rate.
Low pay compared to other equivalent facilities & overwhelmed managers leading to no real management
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CTJanuary 18, 2018
Understaffing is the biggest problem other than poor pay. Upper management needs to listen to employee concerns or at least put a foot in the offices to see how they REALLY work.
Pros
Experience doing every aspect of the facility since there's minimal staff
Cons
Everything under the sun
Small office with Office Politics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJanuary 18, 2018
Working for this company is the most disorganized practice. They fly by their seat of their pants. Too much small office politics and drama. Very fast paced with no actual formal job training.
Fun place to work in
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 6, 2018
I started in Starling Physicians not to long ago, although there are some side drama going on; what job doesn’t ? You know. The staff, Doctor’s, APRN’s and Manager are so friendly, charismatic, heart full people that I truly enjoy going to work every day. They care so much about each staff and patient. The office itself is so organized and have a good working balance for each MA AND PSR to do their parts equally.
Pros
Free Lunches, Benefits, Employees discounts
Cons
Short breaks
very poor and unorganized work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTDecember 14, 2017
needs new managements, bettery salary pay, no team support and bad communication skills dont want to leave a more detailed review because starling doesnt deserve a review. everything about this company is poor unorganized, cold and disrespectful to staff.
Pros
free lunches, good patients
Cons
short breaks, bad pay, terrible management
Very rude management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTDecember 12, 2017
Many people that work here are rude inconsiderate and disrespectful. No matter how hard you work or contribute there is always someone trying to sabotage you.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks no respect
it was a really good place and a good place to get experience.
Medical Assistant-Externship (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTNovember 5, 2017
i did my externship with starling and i really enjoyed working there it was a real good place to build up my experience that way i can build more experience.
Very busy office, great team work
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTOctober 5, 2017
I was on Externship. It was a great learning experience. I learned EKG use and documentation. Patient contact and collecting vitals and lab work, Documentation in Allscripts.. Bladder scans. Cleaning and restocking rooms. Working well between front desk, patients, other MA's, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner,Physicians Assistant and Physicians. I enjoyed helping everyone. The patients were from very diverse background which also was a plus for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starling Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.