Starling Physicians
56Below average

Starling Physicians Employee Reviews

United States58 reviews
good benefits, fair pay, flexible hours. I dont like the billing software they use but people are willing to help you learn. If you want to work in the medical billing field, its a good place to learn
Management answers to the doctors only. They only give you excuses. There is no employee appreciation. You are just a body to the company. Every office is different and runs differently, there is no unity.
I would not recommend this place of employment to anyone. There is no professionalism in the way people are treated. There is zero respect for any employees.
A typical day consisted of data entry as well as making presentations to present to my supervisor.
I learned a lot, not only from my supervisor, but the other women working there as well. I learned a lot about Microsoft Excel, I learned about data entry, medical terminology, medical insurance, and Quality Care Management.

Everyone was so nice there and they were all willing to teach me what they've learned through the years. They were people that wanted to see me excel in what I end up doing and they were very uplifting.
As a patient service representative I had decent training and learned a lot on the job. I enjoyed the fast-paced office but they were terribly understaffed and although they acknowledged it, they didn't address it. Office staff was really getting burned out. I left before things got to that point, but don't think I would have made it past a year. Too bad, because the people I worked with were great and I enjoyed the work - there was just too much to do every day for anyone to feel successful. They won't be able to keep good workers until they fix the staffing problem.
Pros
Free lunches, supportive co-workers, immediate office management good
Cons
Understaffed, pressure from corporate
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Learned how to work in Precision BI, Qlkiview & Qliksense. Great interaction with Practice managers & providers. Enjoyed working with my fellow employees. There was a good balance of work & home.
Horrible managers and lead!! No one that works there are willing to help, only a bunch of cut throats! Lots of changes with policy and procedures. Lots of call outs from co-workers. Unstable!
The people in the office were great and very helpful. It was my first time being in the medical field. I appreciate the time and opportunity that was given to me.
best place I worked for , I came in fresh with only knowledge from school, trained me and took their time with me on learning providers scheduled, great meetings that helped out a lot with our work environment.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
great breaks
I was a externship, I’m not familiar with their pay rates. I overall can say I had a good job experience there my supervisor gave us opportunity to learn as much as we can, and I appreciate that.
As a Mail Clerk, it was easy to work with all employees there, including doctors. Be courteous, but not overly friendly.I was a patient many years before I became an employee. I still trust and am comfortable being a patient there. It was well within the range of my experience and talents.
Pros
Great Healthcare, congeniality, especially if your doctors are there.
Cons
It takes a while to get a good raise, and must be a good listener to all job rules.
Starling Physicians is a great beginner job for the industry. You will be working with a great group of co-workers on a variety of specialties with an emphasis on personal growth. Management is responsive to their employees and care about their job satisfaction.

You will be underpaid for your work. It is no secret that Starling pays the lowest wages in the industry by roughly five dollars an hour, and there will be no point where you will catch up to the proper market rate for the work you do.
Pros
Great learning experience, fantastic work environment
Cons
You will be underpaid.
HR is only there for the managers, a complete bias group of people I’ve ever worked with. HR and management work as friends to save a company name and don’t care enough for the staff. It was either fake it to you, make it and stay quiet before you lose your job. This experience have shown me some true miserable people working on ruining lives.
Cons
Hostile Environment
Very fast paced and friendly atmosphere. Everyday you learn something new and you never get bored. Easy to focus at the task at hand. Never feeling intimidated.
Co-workers and doctors in Newington are great to work with, pay and benefits are fair. Business manager promotes a negative work environment. She does not enforce company policies equally, favoritism runs rampid, people have left due to office bullying and people are held back from career advancement. Worst part is upper management turns their heads as long a money is being made. Best advice I can give is don't get comfortable,
if you not in the click, get out and management should put revolving door on the front door.
I was hired and had a great 90 day review. Exactly 30 days later they laid me off. The management is horrible and some of the providers that are on the board are worse!
Pros
Cons
Management discrimination age, race!
Good starting place but my department in general has cliques so it’s hard to fit in or be yourself. They all seemed to team up against me regarding certain things which made for a tough day if it was going bad.
A typical day at work included attending meetings with my boss, taking minutes, answering emails and phone calls. On the job experience was the most enjoyable part of my job. My boss taught me a lot about how to read body language, how to communicate with executives and how to run a constructive meeting.
Pros
There was a lot of on the job learning
Cons
the healthcare was expensive
Starling Physicians is one of the top Employers in CT when it comes to health organizations. There’s been a lot of growth over the years, and despite being a corporation has remained “small” in feel. The benefits are decent, pay is competitive, and the company has a lot of lateral growth opportunities.
Pros
Drug lunches, employee perks, benefits.
Cons
Stressful, not a lot of advancement opportunities, short staffed at times.
The job they presented was not the job actually worked. Terrible place to work. Management was non supportive and training was non existent I would not recommend Starling Physicians as a good place to work,
Pros
Salary
Cons
Good working environment. I enjoy the people i work with. Good friendly environment. Great patient care and a very compassionate practice. Doctors are very attentive with their patients.
Pros
Free lunches, company picnics, employee recognition.
Cons
Can have better medical plans
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starling Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9