Starling Physicians
Happiness rating is 47 out of 100

Starling Physicians Employee Reviews

United States73 reviews

doctorpatientofficelunchstafffreemanageremployee

It has its pros and cons

The co-workers are wonderful. There is alot of favoritism, no support system. No room for growth unless you know someone. I learned alot in my time there but it’s time to move on where there os growth and good raises.

Not a bad place to work for

I’ve seen multiple departments and how they function. If you do your job you’re fine. The pay is decent for the work you’re doing. I enjoy the workplace environment.

Starling Physicians insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

I feel fully supported and valued

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I really feel cared about and my opinion matters. The culture has been very positive and welcoming. Upper management is caring.

Co workers are amazing.

The best part is the team work and amazing doctors. It's like a little family. There have been many challenges and changes since covid but we have managed to make it through together. It is very busy and faced paced but it does make the days go by quickly.

Pros

Lunches, great coworkers

Cons

Short staffed

There are better places to work! Dont bother!!

I wish I never worked here. I respectfully gave this horrible company my two weeks notice and they charge me 600 dollars on my last check for health insurance that I specifically told them I didn't need. Why the fact that you think it's OK to take my hard earned money for some insurance that I told your money hungry company thar I didn't need. And SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU I DIDNT NEED BUT CHARGED ME ANYWAYS AFTER I TOLD YOU I DIDNT NEED IT AND TELL ME THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO!! NEVER RECOMMEND WORKING HERE. you get overworked with thier minimum pay. And nevermind asking for help because they just want your money for your insurance when I don't need it. Don't bother asking corporate to help you. They are just as useless.

Toxic

Don’t waste your time. Especially with Vernon Pediatrics, super toxic environment/ company to work for. I would only work here if you desperately need income and need something to hold you over until you find a company that actually cares about its employees.

happy work place

great team. wonderful coworkers and great doctors and manager. fun bright place to work. Holiday get togethers are cute! everyone had great personalities. made lots of life time friends including our patients

Productive and fun

It was a great place to work. Staff was friendly and the patients were great as well. I wish I wasn't there temporarily. Even working part time I was still making a decent wage, 401k benefits. I like the benefits structure. The more hours you are hired for the more benefits received. Also if you inclement weather were to occur and the office was closed we still got paid for that day. This included full time as well as part-time employees.

Pros

Staff, pay, benefits

Cons

N/a

Coworkers are the only thing positive, good providers

This company is reactive instead of proactive. Employees are underpaid and the.work environment is toxic. It used to be a welcome and fun atmosphere and people really enjoyed coming to work, but no longer. Drastic upper management change overs, as well.

Beware

This company does not listen nor care about their employees. If you are struggling at work they will watch you and complain but never help. Management will pair up with their favorite employees. HR will not do anything so dont even bother bringing up concerns to them. It is a very toxic work environment.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Healthcare, management

Stressful

Always short staffed and stressful at times. Wish management would acknowledge hard work more often. The job itself was great, but due to not having enough employees felt constantly overworked.

Don't waste your time

Doctor owned. You earn pto, but can't use your earned hours. Never any coverage. Cater to ONLY the doctors. They careless about staff. Benifits are expensive.

No insensitive Poor environment

Employees are treated poorly, the benefits are horrible!If you’re out sick, you have to use your pto- no pto = no pay. The pay is horrible! Managers and the higher-ups give management positions to friends/relatives w/no experience! Employees look burnt out and down; it’s depressing! This is a healthcare company who literally make their employees physically/mentally sick! The one positive thing I can honestly say is that I’m grateful to have a job. I’m out of this horrible environment as soon as I can! We are pretty much forced to demand payment from patients who cannot afford to pay while some “preferred patients-ie some higher-ups” have their balances completely adjusted off.

Pros

Cons

No incentive, horrible work environment, horrible benefits etc

Overworked

Always short staffed. Doing the job of multiple people with little pay. Managers don’t listen to your opinion. You are just a number to them.

Pros

Free lunches from reps

Worst place

I been here since a student. The office I work in is very clicky, and the manager is awful. She doesn't care for her employee, or if they are trained properly, she is more concerned with just having a body where she needs one. There is a lot of favoritism, and the morale well there is none. Also you are expected to work understand staffed all the time, and get nothing in return for it.

Practice Mnager is terrible and HR is no better

Manager wants employees to do the job of 3 people and take on extra responsibilities for no raise, even if multiple providers fight to get you one. You feel you have to record conversations wih her with how many lies she's been caught in. Multiple times she has gone to employees saying another employee stated something negative about them that was never said. She tells employees about other employees' extremely personal business. Runs many offices so you barely see her and she's never there when you need her. Don't let her know your office has an issue because then she won't come in at all. When she is in, she's on the phone the whole time. You feel you can't go to HR because nothing productive will happen and this manager is known to lash out and find every way to make your work day miserable which has been told to HR manager. She is very spiteful and knows that HR won't do a thing about it. Her offices' employee turnover is insane and I believe everyone has told their truths in exit interviews but she's still running 4+ offices and is trying to get a hold of more. Not only is she this way to the MAs and PSRs but I have watched her single out and make one doctor in particular's days miserable as well. Starling as a whole only cares about their money and reputation, NOT employees. During a legal and documented meeting, HR manager called me the wrong name multiple times, realized it and continued to call me the wrong name and stated facts about that person and not me.

Pros

Learn a lot, supportive coworkers

Cons

Manager, Hr, company as a whole

work environment

I would not recommend this place of employment to anyone. There is no professionalism in the way people are treated. There is zero respect for any employees.

Productive and brightening work environment

A typical day consisted of data entry as well as making presentations to present to my supervisor. I learned a lot, not only from my supervisor, but the other women working there as well. I learned a lot about Microsoft Excel, I learned about data entry, medical terminology, medical insurance, and Quality Care Management. Everyone was so nice there and they were all willing to teach me what they've learned through the years. They were people that wanted to see me excel in what I end up doing and they were very uplifting.

Overall good place to work

good benefits, fair pay, flexible hours. I dont like the billing software they use but people are willing to help you learn. If you want to work in the medical billing field, its a good place to learn

Fast-paced environment but understaffed

As a patient service representative I had decent training and learned a lot on the job. I enjoyed the fast-paced office but they were terribly understaffed and although they acknowledged it, they didn't address it. Office staff was really getting burned out. I left before things got to that point, but don't think I would have made it past a year. Too bad, because the people I worked with were great and I enjoyed the work - there was just too much to do every day for anyone to feel successful. They won't be able to keep good workers until they fix the staffing problem.

Pros

Free lunches, supportive co-workers, immediate office management good

Cons

Understaffed, pressure from corporate

staff nice

Learned how to work in Precision BI, Qlkiview & Qliksense. Great interaction with Practice managers & providers. Enjoyed working with my fellow employees. There was a good balance of work & home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starling Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits