STARTEK Employee Reviews

Found 1,698 reviews matching the search See all 2,145 reviews
do not Work there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 21, 2019
Thy do not care about you, your work life, or what skills you have. They never give raises and they always look to sabotage your work. Management is always gone and when they are there they do not help you.
wouldnt work there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 21, 2019
It was a lame job. I didn't like sitting their and definitely did not like the customer calls that would go over the top I just overall didn't like working her was not the job for me
Poor WorkPlace
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 18, 2019
I would not recommend that place to anyone because the agents are underpaid. No regard for general safety during bad weather. Shows favoritism to certain employees and does not work with others. No employee recognition and poor management who goof off. HR is a joke and not consisent.
Pros
Cons
The place itself
I enjoyed my time with the agents and made a few good friends
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 18, 2019
I would not recommend this job to anyone who isn't related or good friends with someone in the management/ leadership position.. Its not what you know but who you know and it's hard to move up or get a raise unless you have relatives or friends in the high positions. Tenure means nothing and gets you nowhere.
Pros
You are treated good at first.
Cons
Respect from management is in short supply
Appreciation provided by clients
Elite Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJanuary 13, 2019
incentives for meeting monthly goals
family orientated
onsite restaurants
employee recreation room
Growth
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOJanuary 13, 2019
able to grow with the company

make great friends and lasting relationships becuase the people care and are willing to assist whenenver needed

great people
I hated it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 12, 2019
Poor training! The company should put more time into training employees! The training was less than desirable. Once you're on the production floor you're treated like you're just another number! When being coached there's always something that could've been said or done better! Nothing seems good enough, all they care about are numbers! No wonder turn over is ridiculously high!
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Everything else
fast moving day at startek
Technical Supprt Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJanuary 11, 2019
The compensation was not the best at startek but there was career advancement available and the were unlimited hours to work. Overall startek was a quality company to work for
Poorly orginized company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 7, 2019
The company was constantly in a state of flux. I did not feel secure in goals that were set, available resources or available hours. Management was helpful in theory but advice was not workable.
Decent Workplace that Started Well but Ended Poorly.
Team Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 4, 2019
When I first began my career at Startek, it was wonderful. The management was helpful and valued their employees. Sadly once I became a supervisor there, they decided to bring down new management from a different project who didn't understand the logistic of our project and who ultimately wrecked the company as a whole. Employees were not valued anymore and many of the reprimanding that took place was unnecessary and unjust.
Pros
Cozy workplace, Free Cereal, Nice Breakroom, Working Equipment
Cons
Poor upper management, unrealistic expectations
Company that is driven to help their employees advance
Collection specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 3, 2019
Company believed in promoting within and has a strong reward system for those that have been there for long periods of time. They however only look at statics to promote or change line of business. They did not look at the whole picture of the performance of a Customer service Rep to see if that line of business was a good fit for them.
Pros
Strong belief in their employees
Cons
doesn't look for the best fit for all employees, just focus's on stats of them
Not good
Engagement Coach (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2019
Startek was poorly managed--- made going to work extremely hard--- they would work with some reps but others they would treat as nothing. This was not a good place to work
very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXDecember 31, 2018
If you can handle a great deal of stress, being yelled at constantly, with limited breaks or training. this job might be for you. Management tried very hard to help in any way to keep call times down as motivating to keep a cheerful and positive outcome for the job we were doing.
Pros
floor supervisors were always great
Cons
too stressful
Good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 31, 2018
management very understanding Friendly employees ,great pay , fast paced job at times ,great pay flexible hours of working , different shifts available
It was work....blue
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHDecember 29, 2018
Could have been better but wasn't the worst. Really im trying to fill in spance. Didnt know the review would be so demanding. But really an okay place to work, just kinda depends on your personal goals. And im done right about, now.
Relaxed and fun yet fast paced and stressful at times.
Chat Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MODecember 20, 2018
Love the people I work with. Don’t get paid enough for dealing with rude unhappy customers all day. Supervisors are very understanding about needing to take off work.
Pros
Fun co workers, overtime opportunities
Cons
Rude customers
It’s like a big family
Engagement Coach (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INDecember 19, 2018
I’ve worked at Startek a while now and have been on several different lines of business in different positions. The pay is the only issue I have. I do wish I made more but won’t leave for several reasons. I have an amazing work/life balance. I don’t go to work and feel like just another number. Everyone knows everyone and we all help each other. No matter which program you’re on.

Your job at startek will be what you make it but at the end of the day, it’s a job. If you come to work, do your best, stay open minded to feedback, and communicate your needs, you can do well. If you want to promote, do all of the above and make it known you want to grow, it can happen.
Pros
Environment Work/life balance
Cons
Pay
Ugh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 16, 2018
In Junction almost all of us have worked here and everyone have mixed feelings about it. Time is critical because your phone is your punch clock. Make sure you don't miss any breaks and don't take anything they tell you on the phone personal
not very good
Sprint Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHDecember 14, 2018
I had to relocate but right after I did the sprint contract startek had was revoked and startek promised sprint empployees jobs would be safe but layed off 80% of those.
Pros
Pay and breaks
Cons
Managentment lies to their employees too much
It Depends on the Client
Supervisor, Escalations Agents (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 12, 2018
Startek is an outsourced company, so the quality of work depends on what client you work for. Good opportunities for promotions if you work hard for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STARTEK. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight