STARTEK Employee Reviews

Found 1,663 reviews matching the search See all 2,101 reviews
A typical day of overworking for little pay
Comcast Technician (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 19, 2018
There is a good reason why Startek is closing up shop in Greeley, they paid unfairly to the hardworking Comcast Advanced Repair team which was where i was stationed at. You rarely had time to take a bathroom break, and the customers could be down right disgusting at times and no one can do anything about it. I liked the job at first until my mental strains got in the way. I ended up in the mental hospital thanks to them and even at that, I ended up with a correction and had no way to advance my career due to it. Thanks Startek for crushing my heart.
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARNovember 17, 2018
Ok place work, good pay, but the management and company could have been a lot better itself . The over time is very helpful. Since the day that I started working there it was an ok vibe there
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, policies
Even though I was employed the fast pace enviroment was so stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 14, 2018
I was sad that they closed the center, cause the people that depended on this paycheck now had to look for another job with a lower pay. I miss the call center, but not the work that we had to perform including and other duties.
Pros
General Management was an excellent leader
Cons
the way TMobile had their own standards.
Laid back work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SC 29579November 13, 2018
The people was fun and easy to get along with mostly of course there is good and bad days. I learned a lot, I have been through 3 clients there Cox Communications, T-Mobile and now Charter spectrum . I talked on the phone dealing with cable, Internet and phone for Cox and I was a chat messenger for T-Mobile and now Charter Spectrum. I am a chat specialist for technical care with them.
Great Work envioriment Low-ish pay
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INNovember 12, 2018
This is a great place to work , A place where your peers know your name & are very egar to help you succeed . They have a small store within , So lunch isn't a hassle . I LOVED this place . A family atmosphere . Great place, Great people .

Working here allows you to get DISCOUNTS DISCOUNTS DISCOUNTS people. Lol .
Pros
They do a Angel tree type thing during Christmas, Office dress up, Office potlucks, A warrior in need program that helps if you need it .
Cons
$10 a hr
Shut down
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 10, 2018
The location I was working at shut down. I would probably still be there had we not lost the original contract I was hired on for. Seemed like there was potential to move up, and I truly thought my future was with Startek for a while.
Exciting and fast paced
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 6, 2018
Being able to work with others and get great training was a big help. The environment was enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was being able to adjust from customer to customer.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 2, 2018
I learned alot with startek on things i can take with me for life. I met alot of different exciting people that made it a great workplace. Startek is a place for workaholics
Pros
Provide cookouts or dinners for holidays
Cons
Long work hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHNovember 2, 2018
I think Startek would have been a good place to work but the company we had to take calls for was was very demanding and unfair in their policies. Most people complained about the hours and the low pay. The supervisors were very upbeat and tried to keep moral high.
Pros
Supervisors were very professional and helpful.
Cons
Pay and benefits
na
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 29, 2018
H ad a good time working at the place, it was over all descent, and they provided their workers with descent pay and good benefits,. If you can handle sitting all day, than this is a great job.
Its an alright place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 25, 2018
I'm not fond of it but it's a job. The management does try their best to make things better but the job itself if you work for at&t is super stressful.
The CULTURE is going Downhill
Mid-level (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesOctober 23, 2018
The agents are the ones making money for the company. They are not focusing on the development of the agents. Supervisors and Managers are too busy making themselves look good and exert effort on how to manage out people rather than developing them.
They waste their time in training supervisors.
They should focus on developing agents.
The have a PIP which is a joke! A PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) is supposed to have a specific plan on how to improve the performance of an employee and not just a set of goals with a timeline.
The HR department doesn't have a "pair" to STAND UP for what is right. They roll-over to what OPERATIONS want.
This is the sad truth of STARTEK Philippines.
Pros
Referral Bonus and Paid Unused Sick Leaves
Cons
Inexperienced Supervisors and Worthless Managers
Loved my job at Startek
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CO 80631October 18, 2018
I wished that they did not have to close the building for my job but it is giving me other opportunities to look into other jobs that may be closer to home. It is a wonderful company that has been around for a long time and I will miss going there.
I would recommend Startek if you were a student looking to add skills to your resume
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA 24502October 18, 2018
The Job in itself is very simple, why so simple a cave man can do it. from the time you clock in and to clock out you are at your desk almost all day with no windows. Some of the people you work with are quite exceptional especially some of the coaches. From where I was to where I am now I have grown to have better understanding of handling escalation calls and having more opportunities to refine my skills with communicating within and outside of my company. I wouldn't say that the management is a joke, they are caring and do the best they can with what they have to help the employees succeed. The hardest part of my job also the reason why i am searching else where is the pay, it's extremely low considering their are other call centers paying 2-3 dollars more to do almost the same thing. Come on, do you really have to ask the most enjoyable part of my day is when I get to clock out for the day.
Pros
Shift bids, co-workers, simple job
Cons
pay, opportunities to move up, dirty work space, out dated computers
Worst place in town
Agent (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHOctober 17, 2018
Management here is allowed to do any thing even if its against starteks policys examples are be on cell phones any time any where in the building even though theres strict rules for all other employees not to be they are allowed as well as have bags and purses that are not see through also you cannot go to the bathroom any time you may need to only when its your scheduled breaks or lunch. The pay is very low also the sign on bonus is spread out between 18 weeks also they have found bedbugs multiple times and do nothing about it the management and higher ups are all good friends its the worst place to work at unless you like drama anf childish people who belittle you
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Poor management, bedbugs, low pay
Time working at Startek was very challenging and rewarding.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 14, 2018
The position was a challenging position I enjoyed my time working at Startek this position helped fine tune my communication and management skills. The company’s mission was fulfilling the companies (StarTek) client customer service needs. I worked my way up to what they called a “Red Hat” position in my short tenure working at the company.
Small company with wide range of skills
Manger Network and Telecom (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 14, 2018
StarTek provides a small company with an opportunity to learn a wide variety of skills. You get a chance to learn about the whole business and have a feeling you can make a difference in the outcome of the company
We all know of it...
troubleshooting, sales and customer service (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 14, 2018
Startek...what can I say? You'll either love it or hate it. Is a job. Glued to a phone and lurking supervisor on the prowl. Good benefits though. Better than unemployed.
Good if you're in between jobs
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 11, 2018
I wouldn't recommend for the long run, it's stressful, they provide paid training and lots of food while you work with them. You get to make friends while ok training.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Stressful.
fun place to work
Escalations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHOctober 11, 2018
The days consist of taking escalated calls about billing issues from customers mainly because they had preferred to speak with an american agent. It has helped me fine tune my deduction and problem solving skills. This position has also helped me in the understanding of telecommunication systems. Managers are great to work with, but tend to be in meetings quite a bit. The atmosphere of the company is great and there are a lot of great agents to work along side of. I would say the most challenging part of the job would be working with a lot of restrictions in regards to what you can do at the position to better assist the customer. The people in the company are great and make the job worth it.
Pros
Health, medical and vision benefits. Free lunch from time to time. great work enviroment
Cons
Micro- managing, No restroom breaks. Not able to use PTO as you should. Supervisor avoided assisting with issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STARTEK. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight