STARTEK Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,491 reviews matching the search See all 1,883 reviews
Full time employment
Disconnect Order Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 19, 2018
It was a tough job and hard too describe what we did. It took a lot of training and the managers tried to keep up with the demands. I would still be working for the company if the dept. I worked at did not lay us all off and ship the work away.
Awful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 18, 2018
Startek is an awful place to work. The job is highly stressful. Customers are mean, rude and in hurry. Management provides zero help or support. All they care about is meeting and exceeding metrics. I would never recommend this job to anyone!
Great enviroment with fun filled atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 18, 2018
I loved working at Startek! Just needed a chance for advancement! A typical day at work was taking 40-80 calls in an 8 hour shift following the script for and by policy and pleasing the client and or customer to the best of your ability it was fun!
Pros
contests with nice prizes like PIZZA!
StarTek Review
Grubhub Engagement Coach (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 17, 2018
A typical day at work consists of pulling up systems and taking inbound call after inbound call. Most management is friendly and shows concern for the employees.
Great Call Center
Bi-lingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2018
Honestly this was one of the most rewarding jobs once worked for. Assisting survivors of recent hurricanes was great! It was really special to be a part of someone's life and provide some encouragement during difficult times.
It is a decent place to work to make the money needed to survive but the management and how they treat their employees sucks!
Engagement Specialist/Billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOJuly 16, 2018
The difficult part is management doesn’t know what they are doing and higher ups treat the employees horrible and really doesn’t care about them or what they put on them. This company needs all new management and it would be great.
Room for advancement
ENGAGEMENT COACH I (SUPERVISOR) (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 15, 2018
Overall, Startek is a great place to work if you are looking for advancement within the organization. There are several areas to advance in, and with the right Supervisor and support you can meet career goals quickly.
Pros
Free cereal
Cons
Pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ManilaJuly 14, 2018
none.. nothing i can say, maybe it depends on the Account, people you worked with,.
In my experience I had Fun, I just need to leave to Volunteer myself for LD in United Kingdom.
Productive environment
Customer Service Agent/ Billing Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 12, 2018
A typical was filled with researched the billing tickets that Customer Service put in for customer; Solving the billing ticket based on the research done whether to approve credit, denied credit or send to another department for further research; corresponded with customers and Sales Representatives concerning billing issues answering phones in a professional manner and completed billing ticket and switched order forms.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Call center atmosphere
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80907July 12, 2018
I did not agree with the way they selected internal management. They brought in outside management, instead of promoting within. They did not treat supervisors fairly.
Pros
Good team envorinment
Cons
direct management structure
Job was great.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, VAJuly 11, 2018
Located just north of Martinsville, VA. The job was great. I just had to travel 45-60 mins to work depending on the road conditions. I truly miss the friends I made while @ StarTek.
Ask Me about
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARJuly 9, 2018
Ask me about Startek in person. That is all I can say. I love what I bring to startek is all I can say. I like startek for allowing me to be able to provide for my family.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Could be more personable employer to employee
ugh
Charter Repair Agent (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MOJuly 9, 2018
terrible and awful. the only thing you can count on is change and inconsistency. this is not the place to work if you want to move you and find a career.
Great environment
ELITE CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 8, 2018
I enjoyed the people and the work atmosphere, This company is a great place however the training is not enough to do your job properly. I think that if the training program was better it would be a great place to work.
Es una buena oportunidad
Servicio al cliente (Former Employee) –  San Pedro Sula, HNJuly 7, 2018
En lo personal me gustaba mucho el trabajo pero muy a pesar que mantenia mis metrics muy bien, nunca cedieron a un mejor horario, ya que para ese entonces estaba en la universidad.
Pros
Buen pago
Cons
No miran necesidades
Good Company Bad Management
phone coffee specialist (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJuly 6, 2018
This is a good everyday job. However, they promote without a wage worth the promotion. Management is competitive and but they are very good about training for leadership. Unfortunately for them they do not pay enough to keep these people as managers and treat their managers poorly.
Pros
Good for everyday, great leadership training
Cons
poor manager pay, poor treatment of managers
Its okay for a little while
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOJuly 5, 2018
The people were great but the executives expected too much and never helped.They cared more about getting people in the door than the current employees that they had.
Pros
The people
Cons
The executives
Startek
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOJuly 5, 2018
I loved this job, it was a great work environment and great time with employees. The hours were very good and flexible, always offered overtime and bonus opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJuly 3, 2018
I like the training and job its self. not much room for advancement. The pay and hours were decent for the time and Im not to sure how it is now . I know they have expanded
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, VAJuly 2, 2018
a typical day at work is very busy
i learned a lot
management was wonderful
hardest part of the job was probably the amount of calls that came in but you get used to it
Pros
good pay