STARTEK Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,614 reviews matching the search See all 2,040 reviews
Call Center Review
QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 18, 2018
I worked her for 16 years for a reason. I loved the people and the environment. I loved working with all the people that have come in and out of this building.
No autonomy
Customer Service and Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OH 44906September 16, 2018
Employees have no control of the incoming calls, and are under pressure to complete calls as quickly as possible, no matter what the customer needs. Employees are held accountable to customers for policies over which they have no control.
Pros
On-site cafeteria
Cons
Scheduled bathroom breaks.
Great company that cares
Customer Chat Tech Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 13, 2018
I have no problems at all with Startek. Although the pay could have been higher, there are incentives to increase your pay. The training was as good as their client would allow it to be.
Pros
set schedule, hour lunches
Cons
The pay could have been better
Everyday was something new it wasn’t really repetition
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 13, 2018
The hardest part to have to adjust to was the calls you never knew what issue the next caller was going to have or if you’d be able to help them. Most of the time you could but other times there was just nothing you could do.
Pros
Somewhat nice coworkers
Cons
Lots of uncertainty
Fun sales career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 13, 2018
Helping clients with their cellphones was interesting and a new experience I enjoyed my time there and was sad to leave an hear thier doors closed was a great experience
Pros
Bonuses with sales
Cons
Company closed
Worked as a Program Director for Comcast client
Director of Program Management (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 12, 2018
Startek is an outsourcing call center company with locations in the US and abroad. My particular client was Comcast West and Central division. StarTek did not get the best talent in operations so we lost the contract.
The work environment was not bad and management was good
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESTATIVE/ ABAY MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 10, 2018
I would go into work turn on my computer and pull up all my daily systems that I needed. Then i would log into the phone and start taking chats. I then would check my schedule for my breaks and lunch. Our management was very friendly and would greet everyone as they walked through the door. The hardest part of Startek was being able to get raises and make enough money to provide for my family. Also there are times when I would go to work and have no idea how the day was going to go because they would have it set up one way and change it the next. The most enjoyable part was the people i worked with.
Awful place to work
Customer Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOSeptember 9, 2018
Horrible management and stressful environment with not enough help around. Management and higher ups do not listen to you when you need assistance with something you can not control.
Great place to start, not to stay.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 9, 2018
Startek will work you hard with minimal reward. Your annual raise will be 25 cents or less and advancing in the company is almost impossible unless you are friends with the right people.
Work out great for me
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CO 80631September 8, 2018
Fast pace one call after another-floor support if your stumped-friendly and productive-most customers are nice and willing to troubleshoot -just do now
Pros
Heath benefits-vision-dental-medical
Cons
Some customers are really very rude & make it there job to make you miserable
Startek
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VASeptember 7, 2018
During the time I was with Startek the Senior Leadership were some of the most supportive members that I've worked with in a long time. Organizationally they are a faced paced organization.
Very difficult call center to work for
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARSeptember 6, 2018
Typical day at work: receive inbound calls, correct previous agents' "misinformation" given to customer, resolve problem for customer

What I learned: Everyone is replaceable

Management: Immediate supervisors were fabulous, the higher up the management ladder one looked, the more corrupt the management was

Hardest part of the job: no support from management

Most enjoyable part of the job: making someone's day by finally solving their problems with Xfinity mobile
Pros
Alot of "free food" morale builders
Cons
very stressful, the building is filthy, and infested with insects including bedbugs
Great Job
Chat Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOSeptember 5, 2018
Working as a chat representative can be tricky to get the correct tone over to the customer but knowing you helped them out is a good feeling overall.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Can be stressful at times
There is too much going on.
CNA Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 4, 2018
Unfortunately Startek is more focused on obtaining more clients than the quality of the work that is already being performed. I am sure Startek believes they are addressing issues in each line of business. Although in my experience they really have no idea what is going on in each line of business. The management is not attentive to their jobs, therefore there is an eminence amount of miscommunication, noncompliance issues and an unprofessional environment.
Pros
They donate to charity (I believe).
Cons
Unsure hours, management, lines of business, over all atmosphere. I honestly have too many complaints to list.
fun workplace
MST Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHSeptember 4, 2018
very busy daily work. management was decent at times. they are good with promotions within the company. all in all this is a good place to work. rules are kind of strict
Employee Development courses
Engagement Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 2, 2018
Company offers internal employee development courses and prefers to promote from within. The company values employees and desires to retain those with a strong work ethic.
Pros
Fun events
Cons
Repetitive work
Great company to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARSeptember 2, 2018
Fast paced. You have to be able to multi task. Nice call center with friendly management and staff always willing to help. Family atmosphere. Flexible schedules with adequate pay.
Pros
Free lunches and snack days
Cons
Dealing with angry customers
fun and relaxed
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 31, 2018
I loved working at startek, It was a very relaxed renvironment. Management was good and worked with my schedule. very understanding and clean with benefits.
Startek review
Technical Supervisor I- 210 Home Buyers Warranty (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 31, 2018
Site Closed, however STARTEK is a great company to work for and has good benefits. I have worked for them for 19 years and I have learned so much from them.
Class Room vs. Floor Training
Account Retention (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOAugust 30, 2018
Class room training was great, but different when working on the floor. Different rules once you get to real world Startek. My management didn't help much either. If I had a better manager I would have lasted longer in the field.
Pros
goood pay with bonus
Cons
Management was poor support