Starz Entertainment, LLC Employee Reviews

Starz is an excellent company to work for as a developer
Sr. Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 7, 2018
Can't say anything bad about the company with the exception that initial PTO is only 2 weeks. Excellent management, surrounded by very strong technical people.
Great Internship Experience
CREATIVE SERVICES INTERN (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 2, 2018
I enjoyed every minute of my time with Starz Entertainment. The internship program was exceptional! As an intern, I not only worked in my department, but I was subjected to weekly classes in which we learned about the various departments within Starz and the functionality of the entertainment business while having the opportunity to meet and engage with leaders within the company.
Great Corporate Culture - Work/Balance Focused
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 24, 2018
The company as a whole provides a great place to work. The location in Inverness is far from the beaten path, but the environment is great.
The hardest part of the job was finding a balance of why I was hired then my VP left when the incumbent VP had a different vision. The value my role provided was not realized and I became bored.
The work, when provided to me, was fantastic. The development group worked on bleeding edge technology which was exciting.
Free popcorn everyday was a nice little thank you. I appreciated that little tidbit.
Pros
Benefits and Corporate Culture
Cons
Location was a drag - 1.5 to 2 hrs to get to and from home
Awesome company!
Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2018
Starz was a great place to work they delveloped their employees and offered a great place to learn and grow! They offered the flexibility of making travel for work convenient by offering options for hotels and airlines of the employees choosing.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Lots of travel
Starz was a great place to work
Senior Manager, Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 29, 2018
Starz was a great place to work. It was a fun, yet professional environment. Fast paced, with lots of variety. Advancement was limited, but lateral moves were common.
Ok place, but chaos nowadays
Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 29, 2018
I started working here when it was a smaller company, but they have grown and been bought by Lion's Gate, so the work environment is different and rather tenuous at the moment.
Always fearful of losing job
Editor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2018
Constantly there is talk of "we could all lose our jobs tomorrow". Management in satellite office does not appreciate those in the Denver office. This makes for a very toxic environment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Changing workplace
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 18, 2018
Friendly people, lots of changes, interesting work, no identified company values, workplace culture is changing, ask lots of questions, IT helpful, great benefits
Pros
cafeteria onsite, racquetball courts and gym onsite
Cons
location
Great Company - Short-Term Contract
Development Assistant - SVP of Production (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Great company for fans of excellent TV, but incredibly short term contracts, and a slightly disorganized office environment., as they are in the process of moving offices.
Entertaining and fun
Corporate Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 18, 2018
Typical day was competitive
I learned publicity and corporate communications
Management was friendly
culture was entertaining
relationships with clients and affiliates
Pros
Lunch room, covered parking and workout room
There were a lot of great people there. Change in management not so much.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 10, 2018
When the CEO moved to the California office credit was no longer given to those who did the work but the CA employees ran with it. We made them look good. Hope they're surviving. Terrible PR department and the head of that team bullied many.
Benefits
A trip to N. Korea
Creative Services (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 27, 2017
If you take a job here, get ready for your career to hit the skids. There is no room for advancement and the management in LA runs the place like Kim Jong Un. It is absolutely deplorable how they treat their employees with such disrespect. Someday Lionsgate will realize the lemon they bought is dying on the tree.
Pros
You can still run away.
Cons
Career deathspiral
Strong company with good benefits.
Creative Editor/Producer/Audio Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 17, 2017
Good work environment with lots of room to grow. Strong compensation with good benefits. Coworkers are like family and a positve energy in the workplace.
Pros
Strong compensation
Cons
Resent acquisition by LionsGate brought lots of layoffs.
Ups and Downs
Offline Captioner, Technical Operations (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 24, 2017
Positive aspects are it's a creative place to work, interesting people to work with, job can be fun.

Negative aspects are company was just sold, and most jobs are getting eliminated.
productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 21, 2017
I love and my job at Starz. I worked for a VP, Director, Manager and 3 Marketing Representative that were awesome people to work with. The reps traveled up and down the North East Regional Call Centers on training call centers how to sell Starz and Enocre cable. They did incentives and games with the call center to keep them focused and happy. I helped with schedules, shipping, meetings, travels, conference calls, itineraries and mail receiving and shipping. I was the front person for the Stamford Office. Until 01/2004 they closed the Stamford Office.
Pros
we always had food in the office
Cons
no cons
No longer the amazing company it once was
Senior Project Manager, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 24, 2017
Starz was an amazingly creative and fun company to work for right up until they were bought by Lionsgate at the end of 2016. Now most of the creative work is farmed out or based in southern California and there have been massive layoffs with little thought as to the impact on the future of the business or the employees who remain.
Pros
Flexible schedule, amazing benefits
Cons
Massive layoffs = low job security
Sr. Promotions Planner and Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 9, 2017
Enjoyed working there for my 23 years. People are friendly and the pay was good. I created broadcast logs for most of the channels while I was there which provided a variety and kept me interested. Did a lot of data entry for the cross channel promotion as well as the individual channels.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
alot of changes and somwhat stressful
I loved it
Systems Analyst / Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO 80112July 9, 2017
As with everywhere there are certain individuals who make a perfect situation a little bad. Overall, if I lived in Denver I would have never left. I loved that job.
Pros
People
Cons
Few people
A family oriented enviroment, great benefits and all in all a fun place to work
Sr Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 12, 2017
In the 10yrs that I have worked for Starz each day is better. The management style is great and the people that work here are great and so dedicated to their jobs. It is a really fun place to work. They do many things for the community such as host a Make a Wish Foundation function every year. They also make sure to have plenty of training available. The benefits are great. The reason for leaving is that a merger has occurred.
Nice place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 7, 2017
Enjoyable company to work for. Management and employees friendly and helpful. I found the family/work balance very nice and not something found in a lot of companys.
Pros
Nice friendly people
Cons
Bad management