Starz Entertainment, LLC Employee Reviews in Englewood, CO

Great Internship Experience
CREATIVE SERVICES INTERN (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 2, 2018
I enjoyed every minute of my time with Starz Entertainment. The internship program was exceptional! As an intern, I not only worked in my department, but I was subjected to weekly classes in which we learned about the various departments within Starz and the functionality of the entertainment business while having the opportunity to meet and engage with leaders within the company.
Great Corporate Culture - Work/Balance Focused
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 24, 2018
The company as a whole provides a great place to work. The location in Inverness is far from the beaten path, but the environment is great.
The hardest part of the job was finding a balance of why I was hired then my VP left when the incumbent VP had a different vision. The value my role provided was not realized and I became bored.
The work, when provided to me, was fantastic. The development group worked on bleeding edge technology which was exciting.
Free popcorn everyday was a nice little thank you. I appreciated that little tidbit.
Pros
Benefits and Corporate Culture
Cons
Location was a drag - 1.5 to 2 hrs to get to and from home
Starz was a great place to work
Senior Manager, Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 29, 2018
Starz was a great place to work. It was a fun, yet professional environment. Fast paced, with lots of variety. Advancement was limited, but lateral moves were common.
Changing workplace
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 18, 2018
Friendly people, lots of changes, interesting work, no identified company values, workplace culture is changing, ask lots of questions, IT helpful, great benefits
Pros
cafeteria onsite, racquetball courts and gym onsite
Cons
location
Entertaining and fun
Corporate Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 18, 2018
Typical day was competitive
I learned publicity and corporate communications
Management was friendly
culture was entertaining
relationships with clients and affiliates
Pros
Lunch room, covered parking and workout room
There were a lot of great people there. Change in management not so much.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 10, 2018
When the CEO moved to the California office credit was no longer given to those who did the work but the CA employees ran with it. We made them look good. Hope they're surviving. Terrible PR department and the head of that team bullied many.
Benefits
Ups and Downs
Offline Captioner, Technical Operations (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 24, 2017
Positive aspects are it's a creative place to work, interesting people to work with, job can be fun.

Negative aspects are company was just sold, and most jobs are getting eliminated.
No longer the amazing company it once was
Senior Project Manager, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 24, 2017
Starz was an amazingly creative and fun company to work for right up until they were bought by Lionsgate at the end of 2016. Now most of the creative work is farmed out or based in southern California and there have been massive layoffs with little thought as to the impact on the future of the business or the employees who remain.
Pros
Flexible schedule, amazing benefits
Cons
Massive layoffs = low job security
Sr. Promotions Planner and Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 9, 2017
Enjoyed working there for my 23 years. People are friendly and the pay was good. I created broadcast logs for most of the channels while I was there which provided a variety and kept me interested. Did a lot of data entry for the cross channel promotion as well as the individual channels.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
alot of changes and somwhat stressful
I loved it
Systems Analyst / Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO 80112July 9, 2017
As with everywhere there are certain individuals who make a perfect situation a little bad. Overall, if I lived in Denver I would have never left. I loved that job.
Pros
People
Cons
Few people
A family oriented enviroment, great benefits and all in all a fun place to work
Sr Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 12, 2017
In the 10yrs that I have worked for Starz each day is better. The management style is great and the people that work here are great and so dedicated to their jobs. It is a really fun place to work. They do many things for the community such as host a Make a Wish Foundation function every year. They also make sure to have plenty of training available. The benefits are great. The reason for leaving is that a merger has occurred.
Nice place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 7, 2017
Enjoyable company to work for. Management and employees friendly and helpful. I found the family/work balance very nice and not something found in a lot of companys.
Pros
Nice friendly people
Cons
Bad management
I loved my job!
Technical Support Technician II (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 2, 2017
Fast pace environment, everyday, presented a new adventure. The hardest part of my job was being qualified for management and staying in the same place for years without going on to management.
Good opportunity to learn from others, nice campus.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Starz as an intern, and would be willing to return as a full time employee or second-year intern if given the opportunity. The team I worked with was very forward-thinking and willing to try out experimental new methods of approaching their work. There were some great opportunities to learn new things and work with others more experienced than myself. Unfortunately, sometimes it's hard not to get cut out of the conversation as the lowest man on the totem pole, and things could get pretty disorganized in such a huge organization.

I would typically get together with one of the other team members and collaborate on various digital projects while also learning from them, and after completing my duties I was able to work on a personal piece to improve my own skills and contribute to different projects in the future. Because of this interest in allowing the interns to invest time into their own development, I learned a lot of really crucial technical skills that will help in my future career endeavors, and I was also able to improve my existing skill set. My manager was very relaxed and genuinely seemed interested in helping me move forward as a professional, though he was understandably busy at times. My coworkers were also busy with work that I didn't always have the technical skill to help with, but they were always willing to help out and I enjoyed collaborating with them on different projects.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the broken corporate ladder system inherent in many of these larger organizations. It wasn't always clear who I
  more... needed to be talking to or working with, and it was made especially difficult since, as a temporary employee, I didn't have access to all of their online project assignment systems. The personal project I completed was also pretty challenging, but the high bar was one I set for myself and wasn't inherent to the challenges of the position.

I loved being able to chat with the members of the team and learn their stories, as well as get some advice from them on moving forward in the industry. I also loved being able to figure out how to do things based on the previous work in the server that I had access to. I would never have learned what I did without the resources and the team to help out with some of the challenges I faced as I learned in the position. I was also able to work with the company's properties and assets and create work that provided for their needs and added to my portfolio.
Pros
Discounted lunches, nice kitchenettes on every floor, gym access, opportunity to work on personal project as an intern.
Cons
Not a lot of direction, disorganized management system.
Entertainment company where everyone is sad
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 22, 2016
I was excited to start working here. Several interviews and very detailed background check. Good pay and benefits started after 30 days, but the morale there was horrible. They were understaffed in many departments. They decided to fire half a department and hire about half of them back as contractors with no benefits and a steep pay cut. That set the tone for working there. Everyone complained to each other, but not to management.

The only plus was when they gave away "swag" like posters, videos and things like that from their shows and movies. Most of the company showed up to where they put it out (by the garage elevator) or stood in line for tickets or other limited swag. The other thing that should have been a great thing but was kind of depressing was that some departments had to have Starz playing (nothing else) on the TV in their area, but I saw people get in trouble for drifting off and watching something just for a few minutes.

Overall management is oblivious and morale was horrible. It was an experience that I won't forget, but I really hope I won't have to repeat.
Pros
Free posters, coffee and sometimes bagels. Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Worker morale, Upper management, Too many directors and vice presidents.
Good company
Senior Closed Captioner (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 26, 2016
I enjoy working for Starz, they have great benefits and really take care of their employees. I am not micro-managed and am able to come to work and do my job with limited interruptions.
It is hard to get help from HR when you need it and they take a very long time to solve interpersonal problems between co-workers. Management will leave you alone to do your job, but when an issue arises, they don't make it a priority to help and solve it. My favorite part of this job is the work itself and the great benefits (insurance, 401k, team building events, etc)
Pros
Insurance, 401k, team building
Cons
HR complaints go unheard
Exciting and accomplished business
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 9, 2016
Great company with lots of great people. Projects are exciting and productive. Competitive market and fast paced environments.
Pros
Great work/home life balance, excellent benefits, relaxed and fun work environment
Cons
Little room for advancement, lots of "cliques", lacks collaborative leadership.
Low key position for major TV company
Promotions Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 3, 2016
Starz is in many ways a dream place to work. I don't really want to leave there but the downside of major media companies these days is that they are constantly being bought and sold, merged and spun off--that makes for questionable long term job security. But my job is fairly stable day-to-day. It is detail oriented and occasionally we can be micromanaged, but generally the job is not stressful, the company has great benefits and the facility is tremendous. Again, the major drawback is that big media has a lot of churn and Denver is not a major entertainment center...so you can never feel to secure that someone won't try to take your job and move it to either L.A. or N.Y.
Pros
great workplace, relaxed environment, good benefits
Cons
long term job security, so-so salaries, limited advancement opportunities
It used to be a great place to work
manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 15, 2015
Change in management and direction of the company changed everything and they lost a lot of very good management and people
Great product
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 30, 2015
Hard work required but, fun environment. Much of the experience depends on your direct Manager and department. Premium cable network is a fun product to work with.
Cons
Very little work life balance