Starz Entertainment, LLC

Starz Entertainment, LLC Culture reviews

United States49 reviews
Friendly people, lots of changes, interesting work, no identified company values, workplace culture is changing, ask lots of questions, IT helpful, great benefits
Pros
cafeteria onsite, racquetball courts and gym onsite
Cons
location
I absolutely love working here. The Broadcast Engineering team is simply outstanding. They are all highly knowledgeable in their respective fields and great people all around. My boss (and his boss above him) are extremely organized so I always know what's expected of me. Most of the time, my tasks are spelled out in detail so I know precisely what to do, which is just ideal for someone like me. I just can't say enough good things about my managers, my team, and the overall company culture.
I took a chance coming here as the pay was a bit less than what I was making before. But after a couple of years, I now make about 20% more than I was making before. Obviously, the gamble paid off. This company rocks!!! My only regret is not working here earlier in my career.
The company as a whole provides a great place to work. The location in Inverness is far from the beaten path, but the environment is great.
The hardest part of the job was finding a balance of why I was hired then my VP left when the incumbent VP had a different vision. The value my role provided was not realized and I became bored.

The work, when provided to me, was fantastic. The development group worked on bleeding edge technology which was exciting.

Free popcorn everyday was a nice little thank you. I appreciated that little tidbit.
Pros
Benefits and Corporate Culture
Cons
Location was a drag - 1.5 to 2 hrs to get to and from home
Typical day was competitive
I learned publicity and corporate communications

Management was friendly

culture was entertaining
relationships with clients and affiliates
Pros
Lunch room, covered parking and workout room
In the 10yrs that I have worked for Starz each day is better. The management style is great and the people that work here are great and so dedicated to their jobs. It is a really fun place to work. They do many things for the community such as host a Make a Wish Foundation function every year. They also make sure to have plenty of training available. The benefits are great. The reason for leaving is that a merger has occurred.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Great company with lots of great people. Projects are exciting and productive. Competitive market and fast paced environments.
Pros
Great work/home life balance, excellent benefits, relaxed and fun work environment
Cons
Little room for advancement, lots of "cliques", lacks collaborative leadership.
Amazing workplace with amazing people, its an awesome culture and its really fun and exciting to come to work every day. I love the variety of shows they have as well as the easy-going yet upbeat nature of everyone I work with.
Pros
free merchandise, positive people, clean workplace
Cons
No complaints. Loved working with all of the people and the facilities are second to NONE! I would work their again in a heartbeat!
Pros
Great compensation, great benefits, good atmosphere.
Cons
None come to mind
In this company management will teach you a lot about the business and hone your skills to become very competitive.
Great place to work with many creative individuals who all have different ideas to bounce around.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Starz Entertainment, LLC?
Starz took care of me for 15 years. An incredible company with incredible people. Advancement and benefits were great. The people were the most enjoyable part of the job.
The pay is competitive and the work environment is great. Friendly people all around and very approachable.
Pros
Facility, parking, gym, location
Cons
A bit far from central locations.
I worked there for three months and the manager and people who work there are people who say and do unkind things. I would NEVER work there again. You-know-what rolls downhill and apparently that is just the culture there. They are inflexible in scheduling and will not accomodate life needs.
Pros
no pros.
Cons
inflexible scheduling, unkind coworkers and management, very unpleasant work environment
Getting prepared for a full day running the office. I learned how manage the NE region from my desk. Management always wonderful people to work with as well as co-workers. My hardess time was taking my drive home to Hamden. My most enjoyable was coming to work the next day.
Pros
lunch with meeting and incentive
Cons
the office closed