Starz Entertainment, LLC Employee Reviews

I loved my job!
Technical Support Technician II (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 2, 2017
Fast pace environment, everyday, presented a new adventure. The hardest part of my job was being qualified for management and staying in the same place for years without going on to management.
Good opportunity to learn from others, nice campus.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Starz as an intern, and would be willing to return as a full time employee or second-year intern if given the opportunity. The team I worked with was very forward-thinking and willing to try out experimental new methods of approaching their work. There were some great opportunities to learn new things and work with others more experienced than myself. Unfortunately, sometimes it's hard not to get cut out of the conversation as the lowest man on the totem pole, and things could get pretty disorganized in such a huge organization.

I would typically get together with one of the other team members and collaborate on various digital projects while also learning from them, and after completing my duties I was able to work on a personal piece to improve my own skills and contribute to different projects in the future. Because of this interest in allowing the interns to invest time into their own development, I learned a lot of really crucial technical skills that will help in my future career endeavors, and I was also able to improve my existing skill set. My manager was very relaxed and genuinely seemed interested in helping me move forward as a professional, though he was understandably busy at times. My coworkers were also busy with work that I didn't always have the technical skill to help with, but they were always willing to help out and I enjoyed collaborating with them on different projects.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the broken corporate ladder system inherent in many of these larger organizations. It wasn't always clear who I
  more... needed to be talking to or working with, and it was made especially difficult since, as a temporary employee, I didn't have access to all of their online project assignment systems. The personal project I completed was also pretty challenging, but the high bar was one I set for myself and wasn't inherent to the challenges of the position.

I loved being able to chat with the members of the team and learn their stories, as well as get some advice from them on moving forward in the industry. I also loved being able to figure out how to do things based on the previous work in the server that I had access to. I would never have learned what I did without the resources and the team to help out with some of the challenges I faced as I learned in the position. I was also able to work with the company's properties and assets and create work that provided for their needs and added to my portfolio.
Pros
Discounted lunches, nice kitchenettes on every floor, gym access, opportunity to work on personal project as an intern.
Cons
Not a lot of direction, disorganized management system.
Entertainment company where everyone is sad
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 22, 2016
I was excited to start working here. Several interviews and very detailed background check. Good pay and benefits started after 30 days, but the morale there was horrible. They were understaffed in many departments. They decided to fire half a department and hire about half of them back as contractors with no benefits and a steep pay cut. That set the tone for working there. Everyone complained to each other, but not to management.

The only plus was when they gave away "swag" like posters, videos and things like that from their shows and movies. Most of the company showed up to where they put it out (by the garage elevator) or stood in line for tickets or other limited swag. The other thing that should have been a great thing but was kind of depressing was that some departments had to have Starz playing (nothing else) on the TV in their area, but I saw people get in trouble for drifting off and watching something just for a few minutes.

Overall management is oblivious and morale was horrible. It was an experience that I won't forget, but I really hope I won't have to repeat.
Pros
Free posters, coffee and sometimes bagels. Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Worker morale, Upper management, Too many directors and vice presidents.
Good company
Senior Closed Captioner (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 26, 2016
I enjoy working for Starz, they have great benefits and really take care of their employees. I am not micro-managed and am able to come to work and do my job with limited interruptions.
It is hard to get help from HR when you need it and they take a very long time to solve interpersonal problems between co-workers. Management will leave you alone to do your job, but when an issue arises, they don't make it a priority to help and solve it. My favorite part of this job is the work itself and the great benefits (insurance, 401k, team building events, etc)
Pros
Insurance, 401k, team building
Cons
HR complaints go unheard
Exciting and accomplished business
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 9, 2016
Great company with lots of great people. Projects are exciting and productive. Competitive market and fast paced environments.
Pros
Great work/home life balance, excellent benefits, relaxed and fun work environment
Cons
Little room for advancement, lots of "cliques", lacks collaborative leadership.
Positive and Fun workplace
Unit Photography Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2016
Amazing workplace with amazing people, its an awesome culture and its really fun and exciting to come to work every day. I love the variety of shows they have as well as the easy-going yet upbeat nature of everyone I work with.
Pros
free merchandise, positive people, clean workplace
Cons
Low key position for major TV company
Promotions Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 3, 2016
Starz is in many ways a dream place to work. I don't really want to leave there but the downside of major media companies these days is that they are constantly being bought and sold, merged and spun off--that makes for questionable long term job security. But my job is fairly stable day-to-day. It is detail oriented and occasionally we can be micromanaged, but generally the job is not stressful, the company has great benefits and the facility is tremendous. Again, the major drawback is that big media has a lot of churn and Denver is not a major entertainment center...so you can never feel to secure that someone won't try to take your job and move it to either L.A. or N.Y.
Pros
great workplace, relaxed environment, good benefits
Cons
long term job security, so-so salaries, limited advancement opportunities
It used to be a great place to work
manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 15, 2015
Change in management and direction of the company changed everything and they lost a lot of very good management and people
Great product
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 30, 2015
Hard work required but, fun environment. Much of the experience depends on your direct Manager and department. Premium cable network is a fun product to work with.
Cons
Very little work life balance
Great Place to Work
Sr. Manager, Secondary Effects & Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 19, 2015
No complaints. Loved working with all of the people and the facilities are second to NONE! I would work their again in a heartbeat!
Pros
Great compensation, great benefits, good atmosphere.
Cons
None come to mind
good place to work overall
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 29, 2015
People were fun, lots of good benefits. Management was okay, nothing too visionary or special. Life/job balance was good. Sometimes it was extremely busy, with lots of long hours and high stress. Other times, it wasn't bad at all. We were able to learn a lot, and training and skills growth was definitely emphasized.
It's ok.
Dual Language Offline Captioner (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 2, 2014
I love getting to work with the equipment and learning something new but advancement is slow and management makes promises that aren't always kept. Co-Workers make my day better. Hardest part of my job is the salary. I wish I got paid more.
Pros
friendly people, great industry, schedule
Cons
salary, advancement
Great company
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 3, 2014
In this company management will teach you a lot about the business and hone your skills to become very competitive.
Creative workplace
Creative Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 29, 2014
Great place to work with many creative individuals who all have different ideas to bounce around.
great company
Senior Producer/Acting Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 9, 2014
Starz took care of me for 15 years. An incredible company with incredible people. Advancement and benefits were great. The people were the most enjoyable part of the job.
televisions all over the building,
Specialist, Affiliate Sales & Support (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 5, 2013
A very great company to work for. Benefits great.
typical day - heavy work load "go to person"
learned - accounting functions, budget, reforecast - schedule meetings both in house and out - travel schedules
exceptional management
talented co-workers
learning the processes for requesting the different items used on our channels to advertise our movies
all aspects of my accounting tasks

Pros
benefits, reviews
Cons
communication between departments
Great company to work for
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 24, 2013
The pay is competitive and the work environment is great. Friendly people all around and very approachable.
Pros
Facility, parking, gym, location
Cons
A bit far from central locations.
Fantastic Company to work for
Account Manager, Affiliate Sales (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 21, 2013
Great company to work for, though benefits changed for the worse in 2013. Not a lot of growth, but they're good at promoting from within when possible.
Deskside support (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 18, 2012
I worked there for three months and the manager and people who work there are people who say and do unkind things. I would NEVER work there again. You-know-what rolls downhill and apparently that is just the culture there. They are inflexible in scheduling and will not accomodate life needs.
Pros
no pros.
Cons
inflexible scheduling, unkind coworkers and management, very unpleasant work environment
Productive and Fun Working place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 25, 2012
Getting prepared for a full day running the office. I learned how manage the NE region from my desk. Management always wonderful people to work with as well as co-workers. My hardess time was taking my drive home to Hamden. My most enjoyable was coming to work the next day.
Pros
lunch with meeting and incentive
Cons
the office closed