STATE ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY Employee Reviews

I Do Not Recommend
Warehouse Worker/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILMarch 5, 2018
A typical day at work here would be doing anything that involves physical activity that the management doesn't want to do. and to top it off, they love to treat their warehouse workers like trash. they cant keep any new hires.
Pros
Decent amount of paid roadtime.
Cons
2 cigarettes/day rule, unpaid lunches, rude management, cliquish
Review
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 6, 2018
This was a fine place to work. Lots of opportunities for career advancement, fast paced. Knowledgeable sales staff and colleagues. Got to learn the ropes of electrical sales here.
Great Job Stability
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 30, 2018
I know plenty of people who've made long careers out of State Electric; some have worked their longer than thirty years or more. State Electric is also very mindful when it comes to family and other situations.
Pros
Great Job Stability
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Pretty Good Place to Work
Warehouse Worker / Salesmen (Current Employee) –  Princeton, WVNovember 9, 2017
This is a good place to work but there arn't a lot of openings for advancement. It can be frustrating at the beginning learning all the products if you don't have any electrical background. The co workers are nice and helpful.
I worked hard.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 27, 2017
I was a very dedicated employee, but my recent supervisor was hard to work for. He had his favorites and a couple of employees threw me under the bus after my original boss left the company. One of them was always trying to get ahead and would throw anyone under the bus that got in her way. I was let go because my position was transferred to the home office. I received a nice severance package.
Great group of people
Paging the counter to pick up sales calls (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 7, 2017
I loved what I did, but my position was transferred to the home office in Huntington, WV
I was very busy and the job was rewarding. I had several deadlines to meet. My days went by quickly because I was so engrossed in getting my work done in a timely matter with no mistakes.
Decent job and coworkers
Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCAugust 23, 2017
Best job I've ever had to date. Typical 8-5 job. Coworkers are all very close, really feels like a family. Paid vacation is good. Very customer driven company but sadly to the point to where it really over works the employees trying to cater to every whim the customer has.
great company
INSIDE SALES (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 9, 2017
This company is very employee friendly. Fosters an environment where you feel the company doe what is in the best interest of all the employees. I recommend.
Great Company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJuly 19, 2017
Everyone within State Electric as a whole was very friendly and great to work with. I actually enjoyed going into work every day because of the atmosphere of the job and I enjoyed what I was doing.
Not a good place for someone that wants to progress in their field of expertise.
Admin (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 27, 2017
Great people, not so great management. Top management micromanages. Not open to new ideas. Wants to do everything the way they have always done it.
Cons
Lacks ability to move with the times. Not open to change.
good
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 22, 2017
really chill at times but it can get really crazy you may spend one day doing next to nothing but the next day driving for 9 hours straight it just really depends
Great Place to Work
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 9, 2017
I loved my time at State Electric. The people are wonderful. I enjoyed the family like atmosphere. Everyone was always so helpful.
Amazing place.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJanuary 11, 2017
I loved my job there, great atmosphere, great co workers. Overall a wonderful place to work. I would love to go back, had to leave because I was offered another job.
Productive work atmoshere
TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 3, 2016
Decent place to work but need's equipment updated.
Hopefully they will continue to expand in the future.
Coal industry dependent in some states but becoming more diversified as of this year.
Pros
Good benefits, good amount of vacation time
Cons
Dated equipment.
The people are the best part
E-Commerce Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 16, 2016
The atmosphere was extremely warm and welcoming. The people were friendly, like a family group that is happy to stretch to accommodate one more member. The e-commerce team is a tightly knit group who work well together and are dedicated to developing and maintaining a strong online presence for the business. I loved working there and was sorry to leave it. Most of the people I met there had been working there for many years and were still happy to be there, which I feel says a lot about the environment.
Great Co-workers
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  N Wilkesboro, NCMay 19, 2015
Ran all phases of the electrical supply business, which included inside sales, counter sales, answering phones, bid quoting, assisting outside salesman, help stock and manage warehouse. Manager was great, let me work freely and learn all phases of the electrical business. Co-worker were great! Hardest part of the job was driving an hour to an hour and a half each way for over 4 years. Most enjoyable was helping our customers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Under paid
Customer Focused
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMay 6, 2015
Most work days start loading trucks in which I am responsible for coordinating the best routing. I would learn many things each day such as where different route connect which would help in routing drivers to maximize profit. I work with a great bunch of people that care for each other. The hardest part of my job is figuring out how to keep all customers deliveries on schedule while maximizing profit. I enjoy every part of my job except for not having the ability to have a say in who is a good fit for my team. I am responsible for a fleet of 6 delivery trucks, 2 Powered industrial Trucks, a team of 11 employees, and the logistics of 3 branch's.
Pros
Set Hours Great Corperate team
Cons
No advancement
Meh.
General Labor (Former Employee) –  HuntingtonDecember 3, 2014
It's an easy company to work for and they are very good with letting you take time off for personal things but it is becoming a lot like high school where you have cliques and it feels a lot like high school where certain people can do what they want.
Family atmosphere
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 17, 2014
Management was very involved at every level. Co-workers were wonderful. Work was fun. The hardest part of the job was the long hours.
Pros
Family owned
N/a
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJune 20, 2014
Electrical supplier to local Electricians and local Business.

typical Day: To receive and ship materials out as needed. Pull orders for customers for delivery or pickup or for future delivery.

what I learned: Really the basics of electrical supply business as well as the use and specs of various electrical component's.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Maintaining an acurate inventory

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STATE ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.

STATE ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY Reviews by Location