State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

United States13,005 reviews

Found 13,005 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,170 reviews

Must be good at cold calling

If you are good at finding your own leads and cold calling this is a good fit for you, otherwise you spend a lot of time collecting payments. Not a lot of lead support.

Good company

Good company in general. But horrible management . They micromanage and don’t care about their employees. Push employees away and leaves work load to remaining team

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company insights

Based on 4,306 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Not Terrible.

I like the company. I feel like I'm paid well for what I do, but not everyone feels that way. Takes a while to move up. I can only speak to underwriting production but I feel very little stress. Claims and agents are likely way more stressful due to their environments. Leadership is mostly helpful but some are disengaged.

Excellent

My job with State Farm is so amazing, the team is great and my office agent is so good. Very happy with my employment and I don’t plan on going anywhere else for a very long time.

Pros

Flexible

This job taught me that good pay isn’t enough.

It was a valuable lesson.I worked in Injury, which you’ll find is basically arguing with people that they should take less money than their claims are worth.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Impossible to get everything done in limited hours, no upward mobility, feels immoral

High Turn Over

The pay is not much at all and you don't know what shift you will end up on in the call center. You don't find that out unti the end of training. They do give you a five min grace period before you are late so that's a plus

Good benefits

The benefits are decent. However, the point system is unrealistic as well as the metrics for the call center agents. Management is ok depending on who it is and I have had many here.

Decent Pay and benefits package but you are also treated like number and goals in my last department are unrealistic with huge turnover

I worked in 4 positions for State Farm starting out as a claim associate and moving into a claims specialist in my last two positions. Overall, the first 3 positions were great! The nightmare started in my last role as a claims specialist working homeowners, rental dwelling, and some renters claims. The department had continuous turnover and unreal expectations when it came to metrics( claims closed, tasks completed, time on phone, calls answered, calls missed, etc). Working anywhere from 80 to 100 claims and at times having to reassign claims to other specialist if you had too many. You also work two phone lines, your own and the phone line where calls get routed when other claims specialist do not not answer or customer dials 0. It was common to receive 25 or more voicemails per day and only able listen to a fraction of them. The mental stress and anxiety this position brought were not worth it which led to my resignation. I do wish things would have been different and hope things have changed since leaving.

Fun in my department of IT.

I just moved to the IT Department and it is Night and Day Different than the claims department. IT is much more inclusive and not as much stress as claims. My Coworkers are easy to work with. The work that we do seems to have a purpose.

Pros

Getting off early as a department for get togethers

Cons

Not a lot of formal training for new people.

Get your insurance license and then leave

Each Statefarm agency is different. Each owner of the agency basically structures it however they want. From my experience, the agency owner would constantly change the commission structure to make it harder to get commission. Statefarm does not get involved in those decisions. The basic pay is not even that good either. I would recommend you apply without a license, have them pay for your license and then leave Statefarm for an insurance agency that can actually write different companies. The pay is way better and you can always help your clients without having to push a product (like statefarm) that might not be the best for them.

Pros

Licensing

Cons

Bad commissions, only can sell Statefarm products

State Farm is an amazing place to work. If you are driven and motivated it is easy to move up in the company. If you are working in one of the hubs, it’s even easier to move between departments in case you want to try something new.

Management is horrible. Peers are great, and workload is high compared to the pay.

I have been with the company for nearly a decade and most of management is shady, to say the least. I have had 1/4 managers that were good, and the quality of the environment is LARGELY correlated to the quality of your manager/leader. LOVE the benefits and the mission of the company to #bekindhelppeople. I hope you all get great leaders!

High workload, Average pay

Manager isn't micromanaging but you're always walking on eggshells around her. In addition, the workload and turnover is high with multiple training classes. Understaffed and Underpaid.

Pleasant Experience

Was only their briefly but enjoyed the experience. Stress free environment. Great training. Treated employees well and with respect. The distance caused me to end the position.

Some agents pay a fair salary with fair expectations while others do not

Some independent agents pay very minimal with high sales expectations. The agent I worked for only wanted to service and maintain his book but I went to another local agent who put a lot of pressure on staff to make sales in any way possible even if it was an unethical approach.

Great place

I love this place so much. I love this place more than anything. You will join this team and feel at home. I hope everyone does. There is great culture and confused

Pros

Great culture

Cons

Better than ever

Blahh

State Farm as a whole is a great company, however, each office is its own company. Each one is ran differently. The pay in the office I was at was not good. Office owner never there to help. Don't know how this office stays open.

this is my summary

awesome job! i loved working here! super easy. i would definitely work here longer had not i moved states away. i’m currently working from home! thank you!

You working for someone (Agent) not the actual company

My agent was pretty decent cool and easy-going but the job doesn't pay much for 8 hours a day. You don't do much either but still, money is not good if you want to build a career.

Pros

Low pace, chill

Cons

pay

Reconsider

It’s not worth the stress. Numbers matter more than quality. They do not listen to front line employees and instead make changes that create more work but do not make any adjustments to metrics. Toxic work environment.

Great Company!

Constant challenge in work to help support professional growth. Continued support by leadership to drive out tasks. Work/Life balance changes over time, but there is a flexibility provided as needed.

Pros

Remote work environment

Cons

Compensation is behind the market

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.
Powered byComparably