State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 7,776 reviews matching the search See all 7,777 reviews
Fun and productive place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 14, 2018
State Farm is a very good company, offer great benefits from day one. I've always enjoyed the culture of the company and diverse backgrounds of most everyone we come in contact with. State Farm also does a lot of internal hiring so there's room for advancement.
Na
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 14, 2018
Handle inbound calls from State Farm policy holders who needs assistance filing a claim.
Completely file home fire, water and natural disaster claims.
Complete auto lost, accident and weather damage claims.
Advise policy holders on Vendors that are available in customers area.
Productive Workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 14, 2018
It was always busy and mostly a stressful environment due to all the things you had on your plate. The workplace culture was great. I enjoyed my coworkers very much. I learned how insurance worked.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Not good salary
Extremely Micromanaged
Express Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 13, 2018
Work environment was extremely micromanaged. Back to back phone calls, of course its a call center, but heaven forbid they see you taking a breather. Very hard to move up due to so much competition. Pay was good but not worth being treated like a child.
Fun workplace with lots of perks
CCC Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 13, 2018
I absolutely loved working in the call center. Tons of perks, great people, and I personally loved my schedule options. I didn’t like being isolated at times.
Pros
The building and perks
Cons
Isolation at times
Internship experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 13, 2018
This was my first job and it was amazing. In the few months that I interned I learned skills that were helpful and also saw myself progressing to full time.
Good starter job
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 13, 2018
If you want to get your foot in the door in the insurance industry this is a good place to start, dont expect to move up in the company this place has good benefits but they could pay you more for what you do, I started as an underwriting service assistant they cross trained me for 1 year but did not increase my salary based on my duties. When you do apply you have to notify your supervisor and they are the deciding factor in your advancement meaning if you are not a supervisor favorite more than likely you wont get to advance. The management here is terrible they are unprofessional and child like. get your experience and find a better job.
Pros
Lots of food places to eat in the area
Cons
bad pay and bad management
Great Work Enviroment
Claims Associate/ PIM (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 13, 2018
Everyone at State Farm always came in with a positive attitude. Managers were always willing to go above and beyond to make sure everything you needed to provide excellent customer service was met.
Pros
positive work enviroment
Cons
heavy traffic at end of shift
Day to Day
CLAIM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 13, 2018
A work a at State Farm the call volume can be very high and customers can be difficult. I was able to balance the call and tasks the was required of me day to day. I had a great attitude and that reflected in my ability to be consistent and my rapport with State Farm customers and Non- State Farm customers and their Attorneys.
Pros
Great benefits and Pay
Cons
I have None
Good job but not a career
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 13, 2018
Not much room for advancement unless you want to own an agency. No benfits offered at lot of the agencies which makes it not much of a career in my opinion.
Self-employed evening work
Health and Life Specialist (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 13, 2018
I wanted to work with Seniors turning 65 with regards to the Supplement policies sitting at their kitchen tables since both my parents and inlaws where reaching that age to help be that expert.
Pros
Evening Part Work
Cons
How the pay was paid out
Na
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 13, 2018
State farm is a good company to work for, the area i worked in was located in Richardson Texas, in a campus type setting. The co-workers are great to work with.
Agent mini-managed office personnel and change direction often.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Affton, MOAugust 13, 2018
Agent changed the employee on types of sales and the Value of their sales. This would change often on sometimes a weekly basis and provided the employee with a poor view of the future changes that may be made,
Cons
mini-managed office personnel
Fair
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 13, 2018
I learned alot about insurance from my boss. The only part of the job that i did not like was the cold calls to people who are not currently looking for insurance.
Excellent opportunity
Agent (Former Employee) –  Lawton, Oklahoma and Lubbock, TexasAugust 13, 2018
I began my career with State Farm as an independent contractor agent in 1981 and continue in that position today. Briefly I served as a consultant for State Farm and was considered an employee of the company . I served as a consultant for State Farm Agents in the West Texas area. After about 5 years in that position, I returned as an agent because of my preference to work directly with customers. State Farm has always treated me fairly and my rewards have been excellent.
Pros
I. I was my own boss and had unlimited opportunity
Cons
I found no downsides in my career with State Farm
Fun
Insurance Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 12, 2018
Call potential review quotes, see if can get as many quotes as possible. Sales goals are hard to reach as only get paid on new customers only. Life insurance different to sell due to most people have term through work.
N/a
ILR Fire and Auto Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2018
They were about the employees in the beginning of ILR , Management wasnt well trained more a stepping stone to the next occupation , pay wasnt great when i was there i believe there has been an increase
customer services
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 11, 2018
i loved working for this company this company knows how to take care of there employees.. I got a raise every year and a incentive every year... i learned how to take claims and how the insurance world worked.. everyone there was willing to help you grow... the most enjoyable part of this job was the people....
Pros
everything was good
great workplace
Personal Account Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 11, 2018
Writing and servicing policies. Delegating phone calls, complaints, billing, and taking payments, premium fund account. Selling new lines of Auto, Homeowners, Business, Life and health insurance.
Great Experience
Consumer Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lilburn, GAAugust 10, 2018
A typical workday included working with customers to help them with their financial needs whether it be choosing the appropriate deposit products or getting them a lower rate on their auto loan with a refinance.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Hours

52.9K
42.2K
31.6K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

72%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

44%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss